VisceraCleaner

Design of 'King' is really weird. (Using 'King' in the chase.)

In other games, mines are so useless in chase mission. (Or when you are chased, not chasing, then it will be useful.)
Basically mines are explosive-based area-denial weapons and they are basically for the defense, not offense.
It is cheapest means to block the enemies advance.

That's why mines are all around in the world, especially at border areas of hostile countries.

Mines are the perfect soldier,
because they work constantly, they do not abandon their post,they do not eat, they do not ask for anything, and most importantly, they take away the enemy’s desire for combat.

By Pol Pot

But effective mines all around map will be pain in players αss. Who wanna drive vehicle in minefield?
So normally performance of mines of the game is limited by means such as
'Unable to insta kill but only able to down'
'Very small quantity (2~3 mines or even only one!)'
'Only limited number of mines can exist at once in the map.'
'No damage but negative effect (e.g poison or blind by flash).'
'Slow activation.' (The delay after deployment, or delay between detection and detonation.) 

And that's why Kapkan is not less than mine of the game.
It has so few default ammunition (4) and it has only negative effect (No damage but grab.), 2 mines at once in the map.
Reload speed is also very slow compared to other weapons.

(Of course, i also don't like Kapkan holding every vehicle regardless of victim's mass and power.)

But 'King' is sorta wired. In fact, it is short range high DPS weapon rather than 'Mine'. 

fXXLUk3.gif

Spoiler

It is so effective in the chase.

It is hard to understand how high DPS can be the feature of 'Mine'.
It has so sufficient ammunition (16 pcs).
Very fast reload speed.
Quite fast activation after deployment.

If there were no bug, it could do so much better than now as a short range explosive rather than mine.

I don't think this is good design. 

Fast reload speed is the worst element for the Mine.
First as you can see, it makes players use mine as some kind of close range weapon.
Second, it gives enemies so much small chance to prepare so it causes unfairness. 

Mines are weapons which can be deployed to block the path or to deal damage by predicting where enemies will pass through.
But with very fast reload speed, player can easily move the minefield from there to here.
There are detectors so 'King' users can easily see where enemies are and making new minefield for them is so easy task.
It feels like instantly summoning Claymore Mine which i deployed at front door to kill enemy at back door. There is no skill no strategy but only annoyance. WTF.

So basically it needs reload speed nerf. The number of mines which can exist at once should be 3, not 2. 16 pics is also too much, it should be reduced.
Maybe activation time will need change to after watching the series of those changes.

Then mine will be super effective only in first stage of chase when the truck appears. (That's how mines work.)
Then job of mine should be done. Make player to chase truck, not to outrun truck.

Spoiler

Every group mission in adventure including Chase should be improved.

Truck is so fuxking slow so it does not feel like chase at all. Currently, it should be named jogging or walking around with pesky little scums. "Hey stop throwing pea on me!"
Truck should be much faster but its durability should be lower for the balance. Then Chase will be more intense.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

So basically it needs reload speed nerf.

Huh, so the devs learned nothing from the issues Kapkan presented at the time of its launch?

Who would've thought?

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

I agree that they are amazingly annoying and the thing I fear the most now. I also think they’re a very interesting addition to the gameplay and I don’t want to see them changed yet.

I’m already getting used to spotting them and dodging, just like we had to do with the flute lasers. 
I want one or two for sure. 

Removing the limit of mines can be deployed and increasing cool down could work, 1 mine per 15 sec , coupled with a fast vehicle,engine cool down bonus and camouflage , friendly player could mine all the choke points and cripple the enemy team...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, berkayxj8 said:

Removing the limit of mines can be deployed and increasing cool down could work, 1 mine per 15 sec , coupled with a fast vehicle,engine cool down bonus and camouflage , friendly player could mine all the choke points and cripple the enemy team...

That'd be a nightmare. Bring enough ammo and you could spam out enough mines to render entire paths inaccessible for minutes on end.

• Thanks 1

I think they should be limited to one per build, and they should be changed so you cannot use them as offensive weapons.  Maybe an arming time, and friendly fire in CW?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

That'd be a nightmare. Bring enough ammo and you could spam out enough mines to render entire paths inaccessible for minutes on end.

Yup. That's why i suggested 3 mines at once per each 'King'. Just nerfing reload speed will make it useless.
Also, reducing ammo of 'King' will prevent spamming mines all around map. I can't understand why dev set King's default ammo as a 16. It must be at least lesser than 12.
8 ~ 10 will be much proper amount of King's ammo.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 1

Who else will think this is the play of 'Mine'? 'King' is just close range weapon with super wide explosion radius and insane DPS.

It does not work as a mine at all.

PS. Currently server is so laggy. High ping, packet loss. What a perfect condition to play the game. Maybe is it resulted from increased load on the Internet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

PS. Currently server is so laggy. High ping, packet loss. What a perfect condition to play the game. Maybe is it resulted from increased load on the Internet.

I think i reach the record with the ping , usualy during quarantine of corna virus was from 47 to 120 ping and spikes to 300-500 but yesterday damn in raid 6942 ping :)

screenshot-200514-185753-33-60-12.jpg

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RYANCQQPER said:

I think i reach the record with the ping

Throw in 87% loss and you beat my record during Battlefield gameplay on EU servers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Fast reload speed is the worst element for the Mine.

King mine need to be a high reload speed.   It is useless whit out it.  Remeber there is 2 salvo to king mines  limit.

King mine doing same damage to you and your enemy if it hit you.  

High reload speed give tactical mines field reloacation.  Whit out this abilty king mines is useless or very very hard to play.   

9 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

I agree that they are amazingly annoying and the thing I fear the most now. I also think they’re a very interesting addition to the gameplay and I don’t want to see them changed yet.

I’m already getting used to spotting them and dodging, just like we had to do with the flute lasers. 
I want one or two for sure. 

King mine is quite easy avoid if play calm and safety way.    I.m same way thinking what you. No need to change.   King mines is good or even best counter those careless attackers.

It is not a mine Field fault if enemy coming there.

8 hours ago, berkayxj8 said:

Why so high limit. 15 second.  That ruining  self defence if somebody trying kill you.  King mine user wanna always escape if possible.  that 15 second reload time making imbosible self rescue. 

1 salvo and if you put wrong Place it is death sentenced to king mine user.  King mine user is 29 second a target practice.  So i have to say no those limitations. 

5 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Who else will think this is the play of 'Mine'? 'King' is just close range weapon with super wide explosion radius and insane DPS.

It does not work as a mine at all.

King mine is good that situation. Remember king mine doing same damage to you and enemy.  I using self sacrifacing tactic sometimes in my king mine carrier.  

Why?  I lured enemy my king mine Fields. Is that wrong?  I saying no.  King mines is already hard counters.  

--- OCULUS/VERYFYING   This give abilty see enemy mines in distance.

---Stealth   This ingnore mines totally

---Kapcan    This activating king mines.  Whach out if you using king mines close enemy kapcan.  Self  damage can be high. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Santonik said:

King mine need to be a high reload speed.   It is useless whit out it.  Remeber there is 2 salvo to king mines  limit.

King mine doing same damage to you and your enemy if it hit you.  

High reload speed give tactical mines field reloacation.  Whit out this abilty king mines is useless or very very hard to play.   

King mine is quite easy avoid if play calm and safety way.    I.m same way thinking what you. No need to change.   King mines is good or even best counter those careless attackers.

It is not a mine Field fault if enemy coming there.

Why so high limit. 15 second.  That ruining  self defence if somebody trying kill you.  King mine user wanna always escape if possible.  that 15 second reload time making imbosible self rescue. 

1 salvo and if you put wrong Place it is death sentenced to king mine user.  King mine user is 29 second a target practice.  So i have to say no those limitations. 

King mine is good that situation. Remember king mine doing same damage to you and enemy.  I using self sacrifacing tactic sometimes in my king mine carrier.  

Why?  I lured enemy my king mine Fields. Is that wrong?  I saying no.  King mines is already hard counters.  

--- OCULUS/VERYFYING   This give abilty see enemy mines in distance.

---Stealth   This ingnore mines totally

---Kapcan    This activating king mines.  Whach out if you using king mines close enemy kapcan.  Self  damage can be high. 

To be fair, in that video you got rushed by 3 mudbrained morons using wedges. I enjoy seeing Kings do that. I've never had a problem with them because I do not use overpowered cloak rush builds. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello

I like kings

bye

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AFluffyBadger said:

To be fair, in that video you got rushed by 3 mudbrained morons using wedges.

I counted one shotgun-wedgetard and one cannon-wedge (lol why would anyone do that with fatmans?!), the third wedge that almost got our hero (king-user) in the clip was an ally wedge-tard (the most dangerous ones at times...)  

Its the scumbag developer strategy, and its already happened multiple times in this game. And its going to keep happening. Stop giving trash devs money they dont deserve.

1. Make overpowered new items
  2. Release expensive pack with overpowered items as pack exclusives
  3. Make money off stupid whales who need their instant gratification dopamine fix and buy it up instantly
  4. After several weeks/months nerf overpowered itemsjust in time to release next new pack with overpowered exclusive items.

The weapon isnt OP. I dont use them but I see them fairly regular. I normally do vetter than they do. They either lay them down and hope passively the enmy passes over or they must come right up to you and try to drop them on you. Pay attention to your minimap, play smarter, and the king users have an  uphill battle

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Now that Ive got a set of Kings to use, they could use some changes.

• Maybe add an arming time like on kapkans so they cant just instantly pop up and hurt people? Like 1-2 seconds?
  • Reduce the damage, but let it drop more than 2 mines at a time. Theres no point in it having a 1 second reload if it can only drop 2 mines. It would be nice to have a single King and be able to lay 5-6 weaker mines instead of 2 powerful ones. Not only would it make it more fun to use so you could set up mine fields, it would prevent people from just driving up to an enemy, dropping several mines in 2 seconds and dealing 2000+ damage. They would only be able to race in and drop off a few weaker mines in somebodys face before getting shot.
  • Maybe make the red light on the mine brighter. Make it really visible to people so it becomes a visual deterrent to the enemy. Let people be able to see the glowing mine lights from a distance and know to stay away. Lets you reroute enemy pathways. Its also no fun driving through the grass and hitting several nearly invisible mines. I know detectors can see them, but Id would brighten the light anyway. If some doofus drives right into a field of glowing lights on the ground and dies, he only has himself to blame.

The only issue Im stumped on is mounting multiple Kings. I want a single king to be able to drop 5-6 mines, but if people bring 4 kings that means they would be able to leave 20+ weaker mines around the map. Would that be worse than being able to drop 8 extremely powerful mines like right now? I feel like between the brighter glowing light on top, and the weaker damage, you would be able to escape a big field of mines easier than the nearly invisible, very powerful ones we have now.

Edited by Crunk_Prime

3 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:
  • Reduce the damage, but let it drop more than 2 mines at a time.
  • Maybe make the red light on the mine brighter.

Even if I own a pair I think these would really fit in with the weapon's role. King is supposed to be an area denier but it isn't. Its supposed to counter hovers but its not good at it. Its should be visible by people paying attention but its not. It should be a minelayer but its biggest use is to hurt people chasing you.

You see, it HAS a role but it exccel at other things BUT its role and these changes would fix that.

If it would drop 2~3 at a times, covering a wider area even at the cost of raw damage per mine, while also allowing a higher limit of deployments per unit (currently deploying more than 2 times destroys older mines), it would also justify a brighter light.

HOWEVER, I think devs limited the deployment of mines in fear of performance issues (which they often say its one of their main concerns), but surely this weapon needs to have a more defined role.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel the opposite. I wasn’t interested in King until I saw how people are using it.

It feels very James Bond to be dropping bombs as someone chases you. Now I want some of my own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

It feels very James Bond to be dropping bombs as someone chases you.

That's one way to put it :lol:

• Haha 1

I haven't yet found King mines to be too big of a problem. They are really sneaky though, Kapkans are so much more visible.