poony4u2

What’s your target durability?

I’m curious what kind of durability people are building for, and at what PS they’re running those builds.

Lately I’ve been trying to run low durability art cars in low PS ranges, and I’m realizing I was way more dependent on armour than I thought I was. 

• Upvote 1

Whatever fits the build's role. A heavy walker will have at least ~2000 while a support build will have maybe 1000 to 1500 or so.

• Thanks 1

I pretty much go for handling, so I put parts on to shift the center of gravity front to back (Balanced side-to-side)  Whatever Durability I have left, that's what I work with.  1,000 is enough for me, with the way I play, but I don't face-tank a lot.  

Keep in mind that some parts, especially Bumpers, don't count for Cabin Health, but still have high Durability.

Pretty much the same with Power Score.  I fit on everything I want on my car, and then play at the Power Score I end up with.  For a while there, i played at exactly 5999, but then they fixed the scaling on Raids.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

I too play with art builds at around 5k or 7k ps, and usually all of my builds are over 1000hp.

In my opinion thats enough since i always rely more in team work tham going on my own.

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Also, keep in mind that I play, tweak, play tweak...  One of the things that can set me back to the Drawing Board is "I need more armor."

The Cabin Durability stat, in the stat card is honestly pretty meaningless.  It's gotten a little better, since they changed the way cannons work (Piercing, and "Shrapnel Damage") but when you leave the garage, you can basically lose thousands of Durability in 1 good shot.  It's the distribution of that Armor that determines whether it lasts, and there's 2 basic build strategies here:

Spaced Armor hangs fairly lightweight pieces (Like the Canvas Roof) out on flimsy booms, so that it detonates the shell outside the blast radius.  At most, they lose 60 Durability in a single shot, but they've got 5 more CRPs, 3 Back Doors...  These tend to peel off in flakes with high DPS weapons, like Helios.

On the other end of the spectrum, you've got big slabs of armor, or the "Health Brick."  This tends to blow off in large chunks, but you can protect them with large pieces like the Hard Modules, or ones with innate Damage Resistance like Train plows, and Tracks.  These don't add cabin Health, but they don't take full damage from certain things, like getting rammed by a Wedge.  

I tend to mix, and match.  Some spaces/Damage Passthrough around my Cabin, with large high Durability panels outside that, and smaller (2 wide) panels to fill in the gaps, for vanity.  I don't need those last parts, they just make the build look more like a solid vehicle than a collection of parts held together by a lightweight space-frame.  

Regardless, this is why I don't have a Target Durability.  Because that number has as little to do with your actual survivability as your total mass, and parts count.  It's which parts you put where that determines what kinds of hits you can take, and how many of them.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Maybe I should have worded this differently: what’s the lowest durability you play at?

I see seal clubbing builds at low PS that only have 600 durability, but when I try to replicate that I can’t pull it off. Obviously it requires being more aware of cover and sight lines, but at my skill level I find it hard to be effective with less than 1000 durability. 

Edited by poony4u2

Low ps I never go below 1k.  High ps I just max out m weight.  Low ps ill often max weight as well.  It really just depends on the cabin you have low ps.   Again high ps is no target.  I just max that mass out, except if it's a hover build. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Maybe I should have worded this differently: what’s the lowest durability you play at?  I find it hard to be effective with less than 1000 durability. 

Yeah, 1,000 is a good number.  Any less than that, and you have to be painfully aware of how squishy you are.  (However, Speed can make up for that a lot.)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Maybe I should have worded this differently: what’s the lowest durability you play at?

I see seal clubbing builds at low PS that only have 600 durability, but when I try to replicate that I can’t pull it off. Obviously it requires being more aware of cover and sight lines, but at my skill level I find it hard to be effective with less than 1000 durability. 

Most people here will tell you that those low durability clubbing builds don't need any skill. That is far from being true. You experienced it yourself. 

Just keep practicing and you'll get better and effective. Map awareness, positioning etc. as you said

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Low ps I never go below 1k.  High ps I just max out m weight.  Low ps ill often max weight as well.  It really just depends on the cabin you have low ps.   Again high ps is no target.  I just max that mass out, except if it's a hover build. 

I used to max out my weight, but it felt like it was making my wheeled builds way too sluggish. They drive so much better with less armour, but it’s so hard to play with no protection.

Edited by poony4u2

5 minutes ago, *IUM-235 said:

Most people here will tell you that those low durability clubbing builds don't need any skill. That is far from being true. You experienced it yourself. 

Just keep practicing and you'll get better and effective. Map awareness, positioning etc. as you said

Yeah, I figured I had grinded my way to enough mid-tier gear that I could finally try this seal clubbing thing I hear about with a car that looked and handled like a real life monster truck. 
Turns out it actually requires skill. I find it easier to compete at low PS matches with more armour and weaker weapons.

6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I used to max out my weight, but it felt like it was making my wheeled builds way too sluggish. They drive so much better with less armour, but it’s so hard to play with no protection.

You just need MORE POWER.  Like a collosus, or a cab fusion for +20%power

1 hour ago, Firedrizzle said:

I have a Harpy Phoenix build at 6656 ps and 760 durability.

Respect.

That’s one of the types of builds I’ve been trying to get working. I think I’m just going to end up in a higher PS with some  more armour, but the added mobility of being lighter with those heavy guns is seductive. When I’m in the zone it’s great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

You just need MORE POWER.  Like a collosus, or a cab fusion for +20%power

I used to run a colossus when I was making tankier builds, but traded it in and mostly run either an oppressor or hot red (sometimes dunhorse or hardcore if I’m trying to go lower PS/weight).

I feel like I would miss the top speed boost, but I never really tried colossus with fast light builds. Maybe the torque would be satisfying enough. 

Definitely need to get a cheetah again, but first I’m focused on toadfish/spikes. 

19 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I used to run a colossus when I was making tankier builds, but  I never really tried colossus with fast light builds. Maybe the torque would be satisfying enough. 

The +50% Power really helps you get off the line.  For acceleration, you will miss the Top Speed, but getting there is more important for certain builds.  (Also, the Reload is nice!)  As long as you have a light Cabin, and enough Tonnage, you should be fine at 100KPH.

As much as I can get, which isnt that much on a harpy hover

17 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

500 with 120kmh high acceleration 

I thought you were joking at first until I noticed other posts. What kind of weapons do you typically use on a build like that? What PS ranges?

My main builds have about 750 structure at 8k ps a dual incinerator and a dual phoenix . Lots of fun to use and no issues with MVPs as long as I'm not too tired while playing.

• Thanks 1

I am very impressed at the people playing below 1000 durability. That’s where I want to be for the speed and handling, but you really have to be a careful player to pull it off. 

• Like 1

I try to aim for the same "total" durability as power score. Above 8-10K PS I just try to optimize my durability to whatever my tonnage limit is. 

On 5/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, poony4u2 said:

I’m curious what kind of durability people are building for, and at what PS they’re running those builds.

Lately I’ve been trying to run low durability art cars in low PS ranges, and I’m realizing I was way more dependent on armour than I thought I was. 

Modules and weapons are your durability at most power scores

On 5/15/2020 at 10:04 PM, poony4u2 said:

I used to run a colossus when I was making tankier builds, but traded it in and mostly run either an oppressor or hot red (sometimes dunhorse or hardcore if I’m trying to go lower PS/weight).

I feel like I would miss the top speed boost, but I never really tried colossus with fast light builds. Maybe the torque would be satisfying enough. 

Definitely need to get a cheetah again, but first I’m focused on toadfish/spikes. 

Its more like u don't max the hp with the collosus on.  You max hp without collosus and then add collosus. 

• Upvote 1