poony4u2

What’s your target durability?

450 to 2700(?) Durability usually, and as low powerscore as i can. From some 2800 to 8500, rarely 9200.

But i dont build by staring at numbers, its more about looks, and if anything beside it, the low ps. Durability is just what it happens to be after build. 

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

On 5/16/2020 at 4:04 AM, poony4u2 said:

Definitely need to get a cheetah again, but first I’m focused on toadfish/spikes. 

I prefer oppressor, gets me off the line quicker. Also with toadfish/spikes you might like the 30% reload while racing around. :)

About building, it takes some experience to build tough without using much structure. As others said, you mostly abuse other parts to soak damage: weapons, bumpers, wheels, gunmounts, certain modules like the radar detectors or even purple ammo boxes...

Oppressor is really good for Shoot& Scoot.  Also, on-the move reload weapons like Nidhogg (Especially with Echo)  Stat-wise, they both have good Tonnage, but Power/Top Speed, I'm probably going for Top Speed.  Getting off the line can be handled by dropping mass, though that's eventually a losing proposition.  Of course what kinds of Weapons/Modules you use is the clincher for me, so oppressor definitely wins there.

That being said, i went for Colossus, because Harpy.  I need the Mass Limit more, on my build, and that's basically Harpy's fault.  

Edited by psiberzerker

I’ve owned all the engines, but sold most to finance some things a few months ago. Slowly rebuilding my collection again.

On my second oppressor right now, and it really suits the type of play I’m favouring lately. Hot red gets a lot of use still. Rediscovering dunhorse and hardcore lately for smaller low PS builds.

Can’t decide between cheetah or colossus for my next one. I got rid of my cheetah when I got bored of turrets, but I miss that speed. Colossus is obviously great for a lot of purposes.

Eventually I’ll get another Golden Eagle, which will be more useful if that next update makes tracks good. 

I'll be honest, I never look at durability in general. With my builds I just use common sense, armor a cab and it will last longer or use more parts for weld points so weapons and their connections don't fall off as often.

I will say I keep my eye on ps, I couldn't tell you my durability on any of my builds but I have builds ranging from 3k to 13k on ps.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, poony4u2 said:

I’m curious what kind of durability people are building for, and at what PS they’re running those builds.

Lately I’ve been trying to run low durability art cars in low PS ranges, and I’m realizing I was way more dependent on armour than I thought I was. 

Mmm I think it really depends on the vehicle and then the co driver being used.

I try to keep a minimum of 1200 regardless of my build, a lot of the time my vehicle will lose it's weapons long before it loses it's health, but then that just means i'm going to be soaking up damage that my allies don't have to deal with whilst they continue shooting.

My leggy tank build has 1650 durability, 400 from the engine, 1100 from the guns, 1000 from bumper parts, 400 from structural parts, 450 from the radar, and then 5103 hp from the legs, so overall it's about 9500hp+ and that's 9500PS

Edited by Alice_Accord

1 minute ago, Alice_Accord said:

I try to keep a minimum of 1200 regardless of my build, a lot of the time my vehicle will lose it's weapons long before it loses it's health, but then that just means i'm going to be soaking up damage that my allies don't have to deal with whilst they continue shooting.

My leggy tank build has 1650 durability, 400 from the engine, 1100 from the guns, 1000 from bumper parts, 400 from structural parts, 450 from the radar, and then 5103 hp from the legs, so overall it's about 9500hp+ and that's 9500PS

Oh with full fusion you can push that up to around 11000hp I think, maybe even more

4 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

A lot of vocal players seem to neglect Hans when it comes to this.  I'm guessing because he doesn't really have any Perks for good  Weapons, or Cabins, but he also makes pretty much any build a lot tankier, with his Damage Resistance perks.  It's easier to just brick on +500 Kilos more armor with Master Jack, I guess.

Edited by psiberzerker

7 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

So what’s the actual durability number for that build? Part of what I was wondering about in this thread what whether other people have success with lower HP builds by using bumpers/weapons/movement parts as their armour. 
I’m very curious what the official number is on a build like that.

edit: just read your post closer and saw the 1650. Do you play any builds with under 1000 hp?

Edited by poony4u2

6 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

A lot of vocal players seem to neglect Hans when it comes to this.  I'm guessing because he doesn't really have any Perks for good  Weapons, or Cabins, but he also makes pretty much any build a lot tankier, with his Damage Resistance perks.  It's easier to just brick on +500 Kilos more armor with Master Jack, I guess.

The Hans 5% perk stacks with fusioned items it gives around 800 more hp to 6 fusioned legs, i think it's, plus the 3% bonus to durability (which is a bit rubbish tbh).

I think the overall HP on 6 legs is like 5800 with Hans and fusion?

5 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

So what’s the actual durability number for that build? Part of what I was wondering about in this thread what whether other people have success with lower HP builds by using bumpers/weapons/movement parts as their armour. 
I’m very curious what the official number is on a build like that.

edit: just read your post closer and saw the 1650. Do you play any builds with under 1000 hp?

I try to avoid low HP builds, they are susceptible to drones, turrets, caucasus, or experienced machine/minigun/autocannon users.

It does really really depend on your build.

I think the best way to make a build is with balance, if you have a lot of durability, you're going to be big and chunky and very susceptible to explosive weapons blowing chunks off of you in 1 hit, if you go too far the other way, rapid fire/focus firing weapons will target your cabin and chew through you, if you can manage to get your entire chassis/build covered by high durability pieces like engines, legs, tracks, etc you might be able to get away with a lower base durability, but there will always be a build you can't prepare against..

Just work out what the meta is, what people are using a lot of and try to counter that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

I try to avoid low HP builds, they are susceptible to drones, turrets, caucasus, or experienced machine/minigun/autocannon users.

It does really really depend on your build.

I think the best way to make a build is with balance, if you have a lot of durability, you're going to be big and chunky and very susceptible to explosive weapons blowing chunks off of you in 1 hit, if you go too far the other way, rapid fire/focus firing weapons will target your cabin and chew through you, if you can manage to get your entire chassis/build covered by high durability pieces like engines, legs, tracks, etc you might be able to get away with a lower base durability, but there will always be a build you can't prepare against..

Just work out what the meta is, what people are using a lot of and try to counter that.

Until recently most of my builds were above 1500, and lots were over 2000hp, but I got bored of being so slow, and also discovered the simple joy of <6000ps play, so I’m trying to challenge myself into learning to play fast delicate cars.

I thought dropping down to that level would feel easy after slugging it out in the 9000PS range for a long time, but it’s a whole different game down there, and there are actually some strong players with some high value parts. Very easy to get one-shot at that level.

I’ve been running a higher durability version (a bit over 1000hp) the past couple days, and doing better with it, but the armour is putting me above 8000ps, and the playstyle starts getting a lot more predictable and cautious around there. I should probably try putting lower level weapons on that one and see how it does.

1 minute ago, poony4u2 said:

Until recently most of my builds were above 1500, and lots were over 2000hp, but I got bored of being so slow, and also discovered the simple joy of <6000ps play, so I’m trying to challenge myself into learning to play fast delicate cars.

I thought dropping down to that level would feel easy after slugging it out in the 9000PS range for a long time, but it’s a whole different game down there, and there are actually some strong players with some high value parts. Very easy to get one-shot at that level.

I’ve been running a higher durability version (a bit over 1000hp) the past couple days, and doing better with it, but the armour is putting me above 8000ps, and the playstyle starts getting a lot more predictable and cautious around there. I should probably try putting lower level weapons on that one and see how it does.

Mmm, it sounds like it could be fun, just don't use a gennie and you should sit around 6000ps as long as you're not going legendary weapons, if you wanna minmax i'd suggest getting some special parts, fusion them, then get an epic cabin for the perk and try to armour it to be sub 6000ps, that way you get all the bonuses without increasing your PS too high :)

1 hour ago, xcai35 said:

over 9000

that even possible with 25000 mass?

49 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Mmm, it sounds like it could be fun, just don't use a gennie and you should sit around 6000ps as long as you're not going legendary weapons, if you wanna minmax i'd suggest getting some special parts, fusion them, then get an epic cabin for the perk and try to armour it to be sub 6000ps, that way you get all the bonuses without increasing your PS too high :)

Apparently codriver perks impact matchmaking, so I have a feeling fusing weapons does too.

But yeah, my idea is no generator builds, to keep in low PS but also so I don’t blow up as easily with little armour. I’m sure I’ll get bored of this in a few weeks, but I like coming up with little design challenges for myself. 

It’s really not until you get below 6000ps that the game drastically changes (and of course it changes a lot over 10 000). It turns out that it’s more challenging than I thought to build at that low level once you’re not just playing against new players. Everyone is min/maxing like at upper levels, but from different angle. It’s more like “what’s the bare minimum I can get away with”, rather then “what’s the most I can cram into this build”

17 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

nope

2 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

But yeah, my idea is no generator builds, to keep in low PS but also so I don’t blow up as easily with little armour.

Yeah, I basically played no Generator until I got Jade leveled up, to eliminate Weak Points.  (IDGAFF about Power Score.  It doesn't seem to prevent getting stomped on by 12K on a regular basis in Matchmaking.)  I gave that up when I went back to Harpy, and an Ammo Box, because really I needed the extra energy for Colossus and a Seal.  More than anything, those 2 modules are crucial to making Incinerator, and Equalizers work together.

Basically, the Equalizers have to fire at least 7 seconds to max out the perk.  (A Seal is a little longer than that)  Colossus is there for Acceleration, but also so the Incinerator reloads, before the last fire puddle times out.  6+3+3=12 Energy.  So, while I would prefer not to use a generator, I'm not so stuck on that that I'm going to avoid using what I need to make the build work.

It's more a Rule of Thumb than a hard, and fast Rule.  (Incidentally, I use Ampere because I got one free from a Minor Crate that I can't sell.  However, it's a lot easier to hide than the PU_Charge, under a tilted Bigram Hybrid.  If I were flat on the ground, it would be a different story.  Colossus happens to hide most of a Pu-Charge all by itself, and it's tough enough that i use it as a Gun Mount for my Equalizers.  I'll get those shot off, long before I lose that Engine!)

2 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

2 helios, kapkan, cloak and engine.. 

I could see that being a very sweet combo, but the Helios and Kapkan are out of my price range, at least until the prices go up on some of the stuff I want to sell. Both are definitely on my wish list.

I’ve been doing lots of triple 4 energy weapon setups, with hot red and listener.

17 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Nah the most you can really get is 6k cabin hp. 

Arount 1800 to 2000 with my 80km/h Omnibox tank, ranging up to 2200 to 2600Hp if playing with my Tonnage-fused Bastion behemoth (surprisingly fast btw). 

PS ranging from 6400 to 8900 dependieng of the weapons and/or the shield equipped. 

Only my sub 5k builds have slighlty less than 1k HP, with most of them staying around 2k (some a little less, some a little more). I have one 12k PS build with 4380 hp though and I used to use it a lot in old Raids, Storm Warning and Free For All before the shotgun wedge and fire dogs invasion.