DailySnailyGame_

What are decent stats? Also where to find them.

Recommended Posts

Hey forumgoblins,

I was wondering, what are decent stats? I'm a really statistically oriented player due to being able to see if you're improving. The game doesn't really have a lot and the only worthwile stats I've found were KDA (Kill Death Assist) and MVP/matches. Currently at 4.44KDA and 0.33 MVP ratio. I'm not really happy with them though seeing they can be statpadded in lower PS and KDA includes bots. Is there any site or place I can see more stats? Also, what are decent stats?

Cheers guys,
- DSG

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, stats are pretty meaningless, and they don't even try to quantify things like playing Support.  For example, an Aurora/Barrier IX build is great for Team Play, because you can Shield allies, and designate targets, but you only get credit for the damage you do.  So, not many people play that role.  You don't even get extra points for degunning, and shooting movement parts, so a lot of players go for the kill, or kill-steal instead.

Basically, don't worry about Stats so much, and do what you have to to Win.  Teamwork is the most powerful thing in the game, and they don't have a Stat for that.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Honestly, stats are pretty meaningless, and they don't even try to quantify things like playing Support.  For example, an Aurora/Barrier IX build is great for Team Play, because you can Shield allies, and designate targets, but you only get credit for the damage you do.  So, not many people play that role.  You don't even get extra points for degunning, and shooting movement parts, so a lot of players go for the kill, or kill-steal instead.

Basically, don't worry about Stats so much, and do what you have to to Win.  Teamwork is the most powerful thing in the game, and they don't have a Stat for that.

100% agree. Stats do mean nothing.

But of the players point of view: ppl like having stats. No - the love having stats.

I remember BF2 (Battlefield 2) - there were no real stats. Then 1ApRil (Dominik Herbst) made a stats website for that game.

Later BFBC2, BF3, BF4, ... and many more.

Ppl Loved it. Some wanna see their progress, compare with friends, ect ect.

Then EA decided to do it (stats page ect) them self :D 

 

All that is missing in crossout. (BTW: ingame stats are never a real solution ... IMO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

But of the players point of view: ppl like having stats. No - they love having stats.  Some wanna see their progress, compare with friends, ect ect.

Okay, and some like having their Copper maxed out, or whatever.  Badges, Achievements, 100% Completion...  I like those things too, but Winning depends on how you work together.  Quite often, I've lost because players were too buys fighting over kill steals to focus on the target that i didn't just cripple.  "A little help, guys?"  15 Avenger shells all hit the same cabin turning on 1 wheel at once.

I take more than a little pride in getting 0 Kills, 8 Assists.  Yeah, it's more impressive when you sweep the team for 8 Kills, but that doesn't happen every day, i don't care how good you say you are.

What Crossout is sorely lacking is Support, and Teamwork.  There's plenty of ways to go about it, but a lot of them are among the least popular weapons (Again, Barrier IX) when they can literally make the difference between winning, or being the last to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats in this game means close to nothing tbh,  think about someone that got 5 kills on a match,   "wow, awesome player" yeaaaah maybe not really, because some other person in the team degunned those 5 enemies, and another one took out their movement parts

Those last two will have les overall stats, but they were far more usefull,   also, since it's a hot topic, if someone has 5 kills,  and you only have 2, but those two were a hover and a wedge, you have a lot more merit than the guy with the 5 kills (specially if you were not using a meta build) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, _cottton_ said:

100% agree. Stats do mean nothing.

But of the players point of view: ppl like having stats. No - the love having stats.

I remember BF2 (Battlefield 2) - there were no real stats. Then 1ApRil (Dominik Herbst) made a stats website for that game.

Later BFBC2, BF3, BF4, ... and many more.

Ppl Loved it. Some wanna see their progress, compare with friends, ect ect.

Then EA decided to do it (stats page ect) them self :D 

 

All that is missing in crossout. (BTW: ingame stats are never a real solution ... IMO)

Only people that suck at something say said things stats are pointless. 

  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats is mostly meaningless unless you have like 0.8k/a per game that'd mean you either do something wrong or you enjoy trolling with art builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats have 2 sides in a Game, first you can see and improve them for your own, then there are People who use them as a Salt thrower. As Soon a Game has to many Details about stats you raise the toxic behavior from players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Stats have 2 sides in a Game, first you can see and improve them for your own, then there are People who use them as a Salt thrower. As Soon a Game has to many Details about stats you raise the toxic behavior from players. 

This game needs more toxicity if I have to be honest. It encourages improvement, something which the playerbase desperately needs.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Stats have 2 sides in a Game, first you can see and improve them for your own, then there are People who use them as a Salt thrower. As Soon a Game has to many Details about stats you raise the toxic behavior from players. 

That pans out. 

The most toxic community I have ever seen was in a game with full PvP open world mmorpg.  We had a daily stat calculator and a site that posted the top kill scores and kill to death ratios per world map.  Shadowbane was some crazy competitive shiz.  Trolls galore thriving off salt throwing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DailySnailyGame_ said:

This game needs more toxicity if I have to be honest. It encourages improvement, something which the playerbase desperately needs.

 

No.  That's rediculouse. I already see way too much elitist behavior.  Half the time it's from people who think they are a top ten clan, but never get much higher than 60. Like the UP clan on ps4.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only stat you can somewhat use to tell how skilled you are is mvp rate

33% is really good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats also depend on when u joined the game. 

A player with 2.5 kpb who has been playing for four years can be performing better than someone who has 31 in engineers and a 4.0kpb

Thats where xout stats fail you. I go up about 0.01 kpb every day or two.  Old players also have backlogged patches on a seperrate page. 

Its also much easier to get back to back Mbps lower ps.  Higher ps it isn't as easy.  So some players may only play low ps, and have madd MVPs, but still be unable to compete higher ps and get MVP even if they have the gear.  I've gotten MVP six games in a row 6k.  I rarely play there though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

But but but, without stats how do i see who has the bigger...? 

*shruggs*

Snapchat and persuasion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.