That one-off mode with repairs was better than I thought it would be, and that new energy weapon module got me thinking about other possibilities, like a repair module.

I’m thinking it shouldn’t work on yourself, but only on your teammates. I think it would be fun to build a fast support car that could run around the map rescuing crippled teammates. Kind of like playing a medic in various FPS, or a healer in Overwatch. 

Thoughts?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

There are some games where that could work, but this one is not one of them,  there are already some builds that outclass most others due to various reasons, mobility combined with tankiness, exploiting of bad physics systems etc,  the last thing we need is those sort of things repairing

Also that feature as proven by that test, was only an excuse to make the matches last longer with the same rewards, increasing the grind

• Upvote 8

I thought about a module or feature, like this, but it would only fit in the game depending of which mode it is implemented, like for example i think it would work in the battlefield seasonal mode, with perhaps a support class. But in scrap/cables/batteries battles, mmh i don't think so since they are better as short timed team deathmatchs.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

Self repairing ruined robocraft. I could agree to a repair module being able to repair parts that have not yet been shot off with diminishing returns. Although I want builds to be more killable at higher powerscores, because it takes way too long to kill vehicles at high ps with anything but dps based rush builds. That'd keep games from dragging on longer than they should. 

• Upvote 4

repair module has been tested before in this game, and has had strong feedback against....

I think if perhaps it disabled the part it was currently repairing, had a significant cooldown, and had to be activated, it could be balanced. Example, if you were repairing your movement parts you couldn’t move, cabin, you couldn’t use perk, guns, you couldn’t shoot, modules, they wouldn’t function.

• Upvote 1

Guys, I said the repair module should only be able to be used on your teammates. No self repair. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I think size (and mass) will matter more than energy cost if there is a repair module in this game.
Smaller nimble vehicle moving around whole map healing teammate will be disgusting.

I also thought some repair module would be fine but now there are two types of mines. It means players can make defense line much more easily.
So without adding some offensive parts to help players to trespass minefield or to attack enemies behind the minefield,

Repair module will be too annoying to be balanced.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

ta35244-m26-tank-recovery-vehicle-735-p%

Its not so long ago when i mentioned towing / recovery booms...why not?  I could easily play the role in which i drive close to torn up team mate in pvp etc, and then touch it with my hook and booms perk is to heal em. But just a few times and so that you cant heal yourself more than once nor could you use this together with lots of weapons.  Like energy drain of 1 or 2?

4 hours ago, TommyGoldfish said:

No, 17.

I slept on it, and I'm going to have to say no.  I've actually repaired a vehicle, under fire from mortars, and RPKs (Or Serbian knockovs)  Overspun a rotor, and had to replace an Apex Seal, as well as hone the housing to get it running again, 6 months later.  I'm sure at least some of you have changed a tire on the side of the road.

How many seconds were you planning on this magical repair to happen?  You have to get out.

This isn't a Fantasy Role Playing Game.  There's no magic spell.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Technicalitch said:

Repairs ruined Robocraft. Also its an intresting engineering exercise to make a car that functions cripled.

13 hours ago, AFluffyBadger said:

Self repairing ruined robocraft.

Repair itself was fine. Did you guys forget Nano Disruptor and when it was the tool for attacking enemy and healing teammate? 

The problem is how to apply repair module in this game without any problem. It is not easy job.

14 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

here are some games where that could work, but this one is not one of them,  there are already some builds that outclass most others due to various reasons, mobility combined with tankiness, exploiting of bad physics systems etc,  the last thing we need is those sort of things repairing

I agree on this opinion.

In any case, repair slows down tempo of game.
Vehicle can be repaired restoring hp, which means players should deal more damage to finish the enemy, which makes game take longer.

Crossout is the fast tempo game. Time limit is only 5 minutes, there is tool to kill enemy instantly (Explosives), and player can easily find where enemies are by using detector.
Even though there is successful possibility, wasting time for repair tool update does not sound smart.

Spoiler

Even if repair kit were to be planned officially, it should have some offensive capability like old Nano Disruptor in Robocraft.
I think its main purpose should be for the offense even though it is called repair module or tool.
It should be able to cut or melt the enemy and its DPS must be much higher than HPS (Healing Per Second) at least by 100%.

By the way, as we can see Bastion, ability increasing resistance of vehicle is fine.

So this shield ability of legendary cabin would be fine, if dev know how to balance it.

But Dev, can you please fix balance of ordinary cabins first? 

All of this is story of PVP.

I think repair ability in PVE or Adventure can create new interesting experience.

Because it increases actual durability of player vehicles depending on play skill of players.
With increased durability, players will be able to bear much harsh and deadly attack from enemies, then boss overwhelming players will be possible.

Without tools for healing player or boosting resistance to damage, super strong boss is just unreasonable and unfair.
Designing good boss depends upon how players can deal with attack from boss. Platformer games' bosses throw projectiles which players can easily dodge.
But i don't think this is good design for the Crossout. Slow plasma ball, cannon shell, missiles will make game look casual too much.

Maybe reducing accuracy of boss attack, or breaking weakness to stop the boss attack would be fine. Gunshooting games use this design.

For the Crossout to create something much gorgeous team boss battle, repair ability and good boss design should be combined. 

The biggest problem and my doubt is capability of Crossout developers. Are they able to do that?

I don't sure. So just leave this idea.

I just hope they can improve balance of this game somehow.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

But we have Jugend of the dawn,and thats more or leff fantasy and invisibility magic from such games :015j:

But i will vote for repair modules as long as you then can repair others but yourself only a bit, or by having some great durability perk ( first time i support perks hey ) that allows you to remain alive...to save others.

But its ok if the module heals only yourself, if it takes lets say 13 energy.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE NO!!!!

Who even approved this topic? mods are bunch of incompetent goons! Close it before targem gets any funny ideas and ruin crossout too just like robocraft.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Repair in pve can work, but Not in pvp games, there was a Test and it failed.

Everyone is saying it failed, but I remember many people being pleasantly surprised by it at the time, including myself. 
Having said that, I agree that self repair changes the game too much. 
I can’t understand why some of guy are acting like a mechanic that’s common on so many multiplayer games would destroy this one. 
Let’s be real, the vast majority of players would not use the module, just like most don’t use a jack. For most players, having more guns will be way more important. 
But wouldn’t it be amazing if when you get hit by some lucky cannon spam at the beginning of a match, a teammate would at least have a chance of getting you back in the game before the wedges get to you. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

Also that feature as proven by that test, was only an excuse to make the matches last longer with the same rewards, increasing the grind

Am I the only one who would like to spend more time playing and less time shopping and crafting?

Why do so many seem to see playing missions as an unpleasant chore that you should just get out of the way as quickly as possible. 
At least with the repair mode you were less likely to spend most of the match dead and watching your teammates.

4 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

ta35244-m26-tank-recovery-vehicle-735-p%

Its not so long ago when i mentioned towing / recovery booms...why not?  I could easily play the role in which i drive close to torn up team mate in pvp etc, and then touch it with my hook and booms perk is to heal em. But just a few times and so that you cant heal yourself more than once nor could you use this together with lots of weapons.  Like energy drain of 1 or 2?

This is exactly what I’m picturing. Like a monster tow truck, maybe with some robot arms to weld your teammate back together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I slept on it, and I'm going to have to say no.  I've actually repaired a vehicle, under fire from mortars, and RPKs (Or Serbian knockovs)  Overspun a rotor, and had to replace an Apex Seal, as well as hone the housing to get it running again, 6 months later.  I'm sure at least some of you have changed a tire on the side of the road.

How many seconds were you planning on this magical repair to happen?  You have to get out.

It should be slow and gradual. The repair truck and the damaged truck should feel real fear while they frantically work to get functional again.