VisceraCleaner

Here is new official idea from the developers.

So it is mortar that catapults (maybe throughout rail like Fat man?) whole gas tank.
It sounds fun and i anticipate specific sound effect of big explosive whistling through the air. (This will give thrill to victims before they get small present.)

Maybe relic mortar will throw whole gas truck but i wanna be satisfied with gas tank now. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Like 5

+1.  I'm already loving Incinerator, this looks very similar.  I'm down, we need more Artillery style weapons in the Tech Tree.  (Also, I worked on a Mortar Carrier, so I'm a little biased towards those kinds of vehicles.)

IDK about the Perk, though.  The longer it flies, the faster the reload?  That can't be calculated until it lands, delaying the start of the reload cycle.  So, it would cancel out.  I'd like a different perk, one that doesn't conflict like that.  I'll have to think on a better one, though...

Edit:  Maybe increase the puddle size, the higher the trajectory?  That would make more sense, and also limit it being used in tilted builds for Direct Fire.  (You wouldn't get the benefit of the perk, anyway.)

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

IDK about the Perk, though.  The longer it flies, the faster the reload?  That can't be calculated until it lands, delaying the start of the reload cycle.  So, it would cancel out.  I'd like a different perk, one that doesn't conflict like that.  I'll have to think on a better one, though..

“The longer the projectile flies, the faster the reload. 1 sec. of the tank's flight reloads 7% of Shockwave”.

Watch the latter effect. It seems former one is mistake or trace of wrong copy & paste.
Maybe real effect is increasing knockback or blast radius depending on flight tine.

I like Incinerator too but i think it needs small buff. But no fire puddle damage buff. It will make Invasion too easy.

Anyway, it looks so savage. The weapon catapults the gas tank. No future tech. Cheap and effective.
It is best weapon for crazy wastelanders.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay, so it's like a Fuel/Air Charge?  That's even more interesting!  

I know, an Airburst!  Yeah, that would be great, instead of detonating on the ground, with incendiary effect (Too similar to Incinerator) it could be a blast weapon with an Airburst, and massive Shrapnel damage!

Ah... I see someone has been playing Fallout recently... :004:

This idea sounds interesting, legendary incinerator... Have not used them in a long while, but hell yeah I would love to see big explosions with that 

Edited by xCrossFaith

27 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

I like Incinerator too but i think it needs small buff.

I think they're talking about +10% Heating Rate, which is honestly great.  I mean, doesn't really need it, but I think it just may be my favorite weapon right now, and I'm not going to look a gift in the mouth.  

I mean "What a cash grab!"  LOL.

Make a Rare or Special version too!

And tell us the size of that new suggestion weapon?

Width x heigth x depth ,you know.

Its ok so far,though as it is traditional caveman weapon.:012j:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Make a Rare or Special version too!

And tell us the size of that new suggestion weapon?

Its ok so far,though as it is traditional caveman weapon.:012j:

I'd say "Special."  Rare is too low, but the Stone Age version wouldn't have the incendiary effect.  I'd say 6 long, 4 wide, basically the dimensions of the Executioner, and 4 Energy?  Just a rock, or even better, a bare engine block.  (Short block.)  Or an anvil?  Something like that.

Edited by psiberzerker

judging from the sctreenshot, this already is a relic.

some ppl have been whining about too few relics...i guess throwing gas tanks is the next thing

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Just a rock, or even better, a bare engine block.  (Short block.)  Or an anvil?  Something like that.

That sound like it would be hilarious:DD

Will be a another broken weapon in the game, it's nothing new it's surely the new method of earning  money from the developers, getting out broken weapons and making existing ones worse.
Crossout Increasingly resembles any other pay-to-win game

• Confused 1

I can tell summer is coming and all these fire guns heat a lot computers , when i see in raid player with hover spaming so much porcupine that all map is on fire my cpu temperature go from 66 to 80 , i bet on summber will be worse . Less fire guns please , not only for me but for all the computers, because all these burning end even in computer :)

Edited by RYANCQQPER
  • Haha 2

Honestly, the Porc Barrel sprites, Kapkans, and now King mines basically strain the Part Limit.  Also Drones (Though those appear to be less of a problem.)  At least on my old, prone to overheating PC before I rebuilt it.  The fire animations don't appear to be as bad, once I dialed in the settings.  (You also get less Fog of War so you can't see anything but the Player tags through all the smoke.)

Incinerator, and Mandrakes don't linger on the map, for the Severs to keep track of, like mines, and drones do.  they're basically just a red patch, and AFAICT, they're animated in your system, not across the connection.  So, adjust your settings if you're having problems with those, specifically.

Also, I have to love the irony of my computer getting heated by virtual fire.  LOL.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

But if i lower down the graphic so fire affect less temperatures then game wont have potato looking ? like having bad graphic card ? 

Most that affect is cpu temperature from 66 to 80 while gpu 46 to 56 , only with fire . I was thinking to buy an cpu cooler noctua nh-d15 chromax black but price rised from 80 euro to 136 euro in 2 weeks . I have to wait end of summer to buy one . For now i have Enermax ETS-T40-BK CPU Cooler - Black Twister - 120mm with 2 fans on it Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM 2000 rpm running under 1500 rpm 

Edited by RYANCQQPER

Well it's orange so it's a relic.  It looks like an upgrade from the incinerator, which means we will probably get a legendary incinerator as well.

It doesn't seem to interest me much.  Lots of people will love it though.

I want more original relics.  Not weapon line repeats. 

6 hours ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

Will be a another broken weapon in the game, it's nothing new it's surely the new method of earning  money from the developers, getting out broken weapons and making existing ones worse.

Except u can get all content without paying.  Thus not p2w. 

• Thanks 1

I'd love an legendary catupult, just as long as it's not another fire puddle weapon, which this doesn't appear to be.

Great idea, but the Shockwave seems to be merely an upgraded incinerator, with a similar parameter sheet, so in practice it could actually do less damage, as a moderately powerful explosion can't be compared to prolonged exposure to a pool of flames (to make up for this, the explosive damage would have to match that of the Typhoon, which would further reduce the latter's appeal, considering the recent nerfs). With the same maximum range, this weapon would suffer from the same limitations, though it looks like it would be less limited in terms of the minimum range, if it can be fired horizontally, that is. I have a suggestion how to increase the maximum range, so the player gets more bang for the greater PS cost:

An alt-fire mode, in which the gas tank would be rotated by 180*, and the gas inside would propel the tank farther, thus increasing the max. range to 10. This would mean that the farther the tank flies, the less damage it causes, and this would be a balanced way to make it worth choosing the Shockwave over the Incinerator.

Alternatively, the Shockwave could have only the single firing mode described above, which would make it by default a devastating weapon at close range, and still useful at the maximum range of 10. By applying this solution, the weapon could be balanced (initially as well in subsequent updates) not only in terms of the explosion at close range, but also at what rate the gas would be consumed while propelling the tank farther (for a proportionately smaller explosion - both in terms of its radius and blast power?), thus serving as an elegant way to tweak damage done at the maximum range. Actually, I'd prefer the Shockwave to work in this manner, because it's simpler, less finicky, and doesn't require an extra key to change the firing modes. The only downside is that the gas jet would make the tank easier to spot for the enemies.

The self-propelled gas tank would consume the fuel at a steady rate, flying toward its target on an arc pre-selected by moving the mouse before firing. But its velocity could optionally be increased by pressing the fire button for longer, say, to make the hole larger by a mechanical drill serving as the firing pin, which would make the gas tank fly faster on a flatter trajectory, thus allowing for more tanks to be fired at long range, yet with reduced accuracy, as the escaping gas would produce a less stable jet. This optional addition could further modify the Shockwave's behavior in combat, also serving as another step to tweak its performance for optimal balance. (I realize this isn't realsitic missile dynamics.)

If the above suggestions prove too complex and time-consuming, I can settle for simply increasing the maximum range, so that the Shockwave can actually be considered an improvement over the Incinerator. Now someone's going to observe that it's not an improved version of the Incinerator, but I'm saying that it is in a way (with the Mandrake in between), as there hasn't been proposed a higher-tier variant of the latter. So until we get different-tier variants of the Incinerator and the Mandrake, this looks like a logical interpretation. (This last section was addressed at an esteemed colleague with whom I discussed this topic yesterday. But, let's see if it draws the attention of some ever-vigilant forum parasite that would try to use it to get more likes, not possessing enough brain power to process and/or comment on anything above it, seeing this as the only way to prove inside of its extremely limited mind that it's better just because it has a keyboard. In which case my meticulous analysis of the problem would go down the toilet. Obviously, right?)

Edited by Omega616

7 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

Now someone's going to observe that it's not an improved version of the Incinerator, but I'm saying that it is in a way (with the Mandrake in between), as there hasn't been proposed a higher-tier variant of the latter. So until we get different-tier variants of the Incinerator and the Mandrake, this looks like a logical interpretation.

I'd actually prefer a better progression in the tech tree.  I'm actually nerdy enough that I care about the development of weapons, historically, and in the lore of video-games.  However, that being said, other than rarity, this looks more like a progression from Incinerator (A catapult) to Shockwave (A fixed Mortar) to Mandrake (An armored auto-cannon turret.  Yes, i know, it's a Howitzer, but it fires a burst of shells, just like the 40mm Bofors "Pompom gun."  Which is also an Auto-cannon.  If it fires a burst, instead of having to reload every round, it's also an Auto-cannon.)

On 5/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, _Deathtouch_ said:

Why do you call literally every new item devs implement "broken"

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 9:45 AM, psiberzerker said:

+1.  I'm already loving Incinerator, this looks very similar.  I'm down, we need more Artillery style weapons in the Tech Tree.  (Also, I worked on a Mortar Carrier, so I'm a little biased towards those kinds of vehicles.)

IDK about the Perk, though.  The longer it flies, the faster the reload?  That can't be calculated until it lands, delaying the start of the reload cycle.  So, it would cancel out.  I'd like a different perk, one that doesn't conflict like that.  I'll have to think on a better one, though...

Edit:  Maybe increase the puddle size, the higher the trajectory?  That would make more sense, and also limit it being used in tilted builds for Direct Fire.  (You wouldn't get the benefit of the perk, anyway.)

To fix this,they could make it reload at a higher rate (2x as fast?) while the projectile is in the air.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, _Deathtouch_ said:

Go rain on someone else’s parade. Or anywhere else. Don’t just be pessimistic, that kind of attitude is why everyone says the game is doomed. Whining about how a weapon is broken before it even enters the game is a great, fast way to get everyone to hate you.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Why do you call literally every new item devs implement "broken"

Because his brain needs to relate to something.