VisceraCleaner

Here is new official idea from the developers.

1 hour ago, Jiffy_boi said:

To fix this,they could make it reload at a higher rate (2x as fast?) while the projectile is in the air.

Okay, we're still talking about a fraction of a second, even at the maximum arc.  (Assuming that it doesn't fly like Mandrakes, who's travel time is predictable enough to dodge them from the sound of them firing.  Even if you don't know where they are fired from because you don't have Line of Sight.)  It wouldn't be a very significant perk, unless the projectile traveled as slowly as Missiles do.

Edited by psiberzerker

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, we're still talking about a fraction of a second, even at the maximum arc.  (Assuming that it doesn't fly like Mandrakes, who's travel time is predictable enough to dodge them from the sound of them firing.  Even if you don't know where they are fired from because you don't have Line of Sight.)  It wouldn't be a very significant perk, unless the projectile traveled as slowly as Missiles do.

Fair point. It might be an exponential thing instead, so that the reload speed is multiplied by perhaps 1.3 every millisecond? Meaning that as the projectile flew, the reload process sped up.

Ps I wish we had a relic catapult that launched smart cars filled with gas tanks at people. 

12 energy

4,000kg

4 ammo

Insane impact dammage and a fire puddle. 

17 sec reload. 

Massive hitbox(it's throwing a smart car). 

This would be hilarious.  It could be called the London launcher.  Shoots lil English cars with English flag paint. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Fair point. It might be an exponential thing instead, so that the reload speed is multiplied by perhaps 1.3 every millisecond? Meaning that as the projectile flew, the reload process sped up.

My point is that Blast Radius, or Puddle Size (Assuming it's Incendiary, like all other Artillery) can be calculated on Impact, after the trajectory (And flight time.)  Reload speed really can't, be based on Flight Time, unless it starts after impact, which would make the Perk less effective.  Speeding it up for the fraction of a second it's in the air wouldn't make it significant enough to be a decent perk.  You can't let it take the Scenic Route, like you can with Flutes.  It's  a Mortar, it's going to have a parabolic trajectory as soon as it leaves the muzzle.

5 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Ps I wish we had a relic catapult that launched smart cars filled with gas tanks at people. 

LMAO!  Yeah, make it Mini Coopers, and call it "London Calling."  It would have massive recoil, though.  I love that idea, reminds me of the bugs the Lo-Teks dropped in Jonny Mnemonic.  +1!