Velaryon1007

Aegis could use a little buff...

Aegis Vs Barrier IX  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you find to be more useful and balanced according to the PS?

• Barrier IX (8s shield time, 870 PS, 3 energy)
    • Aegis Prime (4s shield time, 1200 PS, 3 energy)

5 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Double cannons no longer pop aegis, and it takes 8 cricket rockets to pop aegis

FYI to pop a shield you need to do 500 explosive dmg to it

damn 500 dmg really isn't much

in my experience it will block about 2/3rds of a triple crick volly at point blank

also from the best measurements in game i can get this should be accurate 

AegisPen.thumb.jpg.b746a14f9f8407b156a4e

Edited by ZKWS

15 minutes ago, ZKWS said:

damn 500 dmg really isn't much

in my experience it will block about 2/3rds of a triple crick volly at point blank

It has to be 500 BASE BLAST DAMAGE, very few explosive weapons in this game can do over 500 base damage to a shield in 1 shot, typhoons used to until 60% of their damage was changed to impact, pretty sure the only weapons that can pop a shield are crickets, locusts, and mandrakes

Point blank a triple cricket volley is about 950 damage, so more like slightly over half

Only problem with aegis is that it doesnt block scorp shots.

It makes no sense to me how a 3 energy legendary module cant stop a scorp shot. What about some reward for activating shield vs a near hitscan weapon that can just wait 4 seconds to cripple you in a single shot?

Aegis is literally the only alternative to chameleon and doesnt work against one of the biggest threats.

1 hour ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Pretty sure the only weapons that can pop a shield are crickets, locusts, and mandrakes.

Mandrakes also defeat the shields with Fire Puddles.  So, even if it doesn't pop (Seems to depend on how many direct hits land) they still have to deass the area before they take too much damage.  I had that used against me a lot when I was running Barrier.

To be accurate, popping an Aegis shield takes 1000 damage. Explosive weapons simply do double the damage onto the shield.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Spedemix said:

To be accurate, popping an Aegis shield takes 1000 damage. Explosive weapons simply do double the damage onto the shield.

Same concept, your shot needs to do at least 500 base damage

16 hours ago, Spedemix said:

What about Barrier?

10 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

What about Barrier?

Literally impossible, ive shot then with a full dual mandrake volley and nothing happened

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Literally impossible, ive shot then with a full dual mandrake volley and nothing happened

Yeah, I noticed they're a lot tougher than Aegis.  I was just wondering if there was actually a number.  Spede would know.  Ever since the Cannon re-work, I've never actually seen one taken out.

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, I noticed they're a lot tougher than Aegis.  I was just wondering if there was actually a number.  Spede would know.  Ever since the Cannon re-work, I've never actually seen one taken out.

Again, you physically cant take it out, but it is counterbalanced by the fact that you can just get inside the sheild

Edited by Bobbill12345

17 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Again, you physically cant take out out, but it is counterbalanced by the fact that you can just get inside the sheild

Yeah, that's why I drop them backing up, or keep driving.  I don't really use it as an impenetrable barrier, because it doesn't last long enough, but it does last long enough to get my shots in, drop a fire puddle, relocate to the closest Hard Cover...  (Also, Scorpions.  If you don't back up, or coast forward after you drop it behind you, you can still get hit with Scorps.)  You don't have to be inside the shield, they do.  

It's also a really effective taunt.  I don't always get the Organization to pull this off, but especially in the Railyard on Power Plant, you can drop one, and they rush in to get focused down by all my team-mates.  It also sometimes gets them to Push, but if they're the kind of cowards that just don't Push (Unless they're rear-ending me into my own fire) there's nothing you can do about that.

I kinda wonder why I don't see more Melee/Shotgun Wedge builds use Barrier.  Because they have to rush the dome.  Good, come on!  I see Aegis, but not Barrier?  

Edited by psiberzerker

11 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Ive popped many barriers with crickets, and retchers. Def not impossible to pop a barrier.

I think the shield Barrier IX has 3000 durability byt don't quote me on that.

It is possible to break Barrier but it really requires some concentrated fire. This is from last year when the Typhoons were so OP you could literally brute force your way through shields if you focus-fired properly:

Spoiler