[Development blog] Sigurd: Power, invulnerability and kindness

Woodyrojo

6 minutes ago, Cobra_Turret said:

( get it? Because Joule, than the upgrade is Karen and... ok I will stop now, this is getting 50 shades of cringe )

I always thought that it should be a Generator, like the Ampere, but we have the Maxwell Radar Detector too, so there's no consistency in naming.

The Joule is named after a Physicist (James Prescott Joule) or the unit of energy, not some chick named Jewel.

• Upvote 2

We are hoping for legendary cabins, but more real, these are just new packs, like new horseman of apocalypse...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Anyone else feels the need to mount that cabin slightly off-center and "complete" its left side because of the asymmetry it has? :016:

Not really, you can place a frontal weapon and count on the cabin itself to protect it, or u can just stick some heavy plating in there (a 'Hard Module' for example), or whatever you want... 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Kules3 said:

We are hoping for legendary cabins, but more real, these are just new packs, like new horseman of apocalypse...

"We are hoping for legendary cabins" .... are we? :dntknw: 

Don't think so 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I wouldn't mind having a similar claw or other heavy stuff like that as a bumper or structural part, would seem logic, I need armor, big digger has a lot to strip even if the hydraulics doesn't work. Would be cool

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm guessing it's like a Skinner, only Close Quarters.  Allowing you to grab other's rides, and maybe turn them over.  I hope there's no Healing mechanic attached to ti.  (Can't really see the stat sheet, even in Cyrillic)

IDKWTF it's for.  I guess I'll find out along with everyone else, but it's still speculation at this point.  Also, it should be good for Construction themed Art Cars.

Am i the only one that thinks that cabin looks suspiciously like the Founder's loading screen build?  Drop it on some ML-200s, and paint it Steppenwolf/APC green.  

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I'm guessing it's like a Skinner, only Close Quarters.  Allowing you to grab other's rides, and maybe turn them over.  I hope there's no Healing mechanic attached to ti.  (Can't really see the stat sheet, even in Cyrillic)

IDKWTF it's for.  I guess I'll find out along with everyone else, but it's still speculation at this point.  Also, it should be good for Construction themed Art Cars.

Well, sadly it seems thats not the case...

4 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

is the mech arm a new weapon?

Robocraftman, it is a new decor. We will share more details soon:)

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Like 1

DE.jpg

I wish it to appear all covered in spikes and deal damage to enemy . So one can just "drop"it down and rotate and every brave idiot who comes in its reach gets a good beating.

• Confused 2

Another short range autocannon seems like a odd choice considering we have Joule and Cyclone, although their playstyles do differ slightly. I consider Joule as more of a skirmisher since joule builds can run circles around their target while Cyclone is more of a brawler. So this new AC is going to be a epic version of Cyclone then?

Seems that the cabin is going to have a mode switch. The perk is going have to be good since it appears to be as large as Humpback if not larger.

• Upvote 1

"Sigurd: Power, invulnerability and kindness"

invulnerability ... hmmmm i wonder what will be new cabin passive

• Sad 1

Joule worked better for Medium Range, where you had room to maneuver, avoid melee, and stay out of your won Blast Radius.  (Granted, that was with Harpy, and a long time ago.)  

Cyclone takes too long to wind up for Close range.  By the time you're doing DPS, they're already under you, and/or shooting that massive hitbox.  It's better to have some standoff, so you have time to get them going.

We don't really have a Close range Autocannon.  Not yet...

Ho nice , a new cab for FlyingTruck that's sound good with the next new hippopotamus relic :popcorn:if they come one day

another AC ....  it's good for wedge cause i no see other utility for close fight weapon

nice deco , maybe totally usless but so cute ....

Edited by LOoD
  • Confused 1

Looks like an attractive update !

Will those cabin be legendary ? :) 

So seems that Steppenwolf new cab will have a defense/offence perk, Firestarter a sudden attack/retreat perk, what could be Dawn's children new cabin perk to follow this serie ? 

Can't wait to find out! 

Also, some time ago you guys developers talked about a cabin balance, is it still on your to-do list ? Because Growl is omnipresent when it comes to rare cabins... Drone, wedge, Goliath wasp sandwich... worst case scenario players strap an engine and  the mass limit become enough to do plenty of builds. I hate to say that, but Growl needs to be nerfed.

Keep up the good work !

• Upvote 1

Nice Steppewolf ground force items....
Now just watch how they will do way better on HOVERS

Edited by ZWC
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Cab.jpg

Sad to see, this is precisely the wrong way around.

Driver is mostly on left side.
weapons are mostly a bit right from the middle.

So lets say, I want to make a real Tank Destroyer build.... the cannon could have been placed on the front low part of the cabin.
and the scope on the higher front.... just if the cabin had been GOOD, exact , like real, spot-on.

In the building contest part,... the right cabin would have served lots of us modelers.

please,,... MIRROR this cabin!
@Woodyrojo
mirror this cabin!

@Ka1deron
do this the other way around 

Edited by ZWC
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

i wonder how big the void in the middle of the cabin is? big enough for cheetah? sad thing is you most likely need a colossus for a heavy build.

6 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Anyone else feels the need to mount that cabin slightly off-center and "complete" its left side because of the asymmetry it has? :016:

The asymmetry is fine... just at the wrong side.
I can never use it like this..... driver and commander mostly on left side of a combat vehicle. gunner on right side.

well I know it don't matter to those who only want to win.... but most players I know does have some value in good builds, or close to real...
anyway. this way nobody is served,
those who want a centered build,
a build pure for the win. 
an easy to build.... build
a close to reality build...
a WW2 like build
even a space-invader has it's gunner centered or right side.....

To please the Russians ... even Russian destroyers have guns on the right. 

@Ka1deron

consider the cabin.

@Woodyrojo

mirror the cabin

Edited by ZWC
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El_Toscano said:

Not really, you can place a frontal weapon and count on the cabin itself to protect it, or u can just stick some heavy plating in there (a 'Hard Module' for example), or whatever you want... 

Yes, that is how it would go.
finally an asymmetric cabin to bring more creativity into the designer part.

ONLY not this wrong sided one...
Who creates a cabin that hardly fits 2% of all cars...
most cars on the world are left steer 
drivers on the right side are for countries like GB or Japan... and others.
But even in most of those countries , the military vehicles have the commander and driver on the left side.
So most military vehicles does have the main gun and gunner at the right side.  off the middle 

• Confused 2

Edit: sorry for the Bad Editing of my Post. But i hope it get the point acrossed.

Robocrafrman

is the mech arm a new weapon?

Ka1deron

Robocraftman, it is a new decor. We will share more details soon:) 

Woodyrojo, Mechanical engineer, Developer

Original post about the new parts and arm.

Attention: parts shown in this publication are at the development stage. Final versions of parts can differ both externally and functionally.

DE.jpg

Sigurd's external manipulator is a mechanical paw, and Sig claims that he built it himself in memory of the slain radioactive monster. Carrying a bony paw everywhere appeared to be troublesome, while the mechanical one looks cool, and you can always rebuild it. Oh, those Sigurd stories.

My thoughts. 

I'm really hoping for the arm's final form to be ether.

1) A new Melee weapon(assuming that is a "Jaw's of Life" power tool as it's hand).

Or 2) A Better Harpoon weapon. That can Grab rides and objects. And maybe even flip and throw things. Including your own ride. If it is tipped over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Come on @ZWC you're taking it too seriously..

First it's not a final design, second plenty of players just wrap the cabins anyway, so much for driver sight and reality build.

Let's wait to see how the cabin perform, it can still be a great one, and still easy to build around, worst case scenario fill the gaps :) 

Also it's a post-apocalyptic universe, a fantasy one, or maybe the wasteland is located in Great-Britain :D  

I think that's the first cabin that offers a "hole" to protect some gear, should fit the new auto-cannon, so I'd say 4x4 like Whirldwind @bot_22546. The front void must be for the mecha-arm.

2 hours ago, ZWC said:

Nice Steppewolf ground force items....
Now just watch how they will do way better on HOVERS

It's a heavy cabin and I didn't see a lot of Jawbreaker or Humpback mounted on hovers so far. Btw hovers get nerfed regularly, last time was loss of tonnage pure and simple.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Come on @ZWC you're taking it too seriously..

Well, yes. I do take this serious.
Finally we are getting a cabin that gives some kind of creativity and than it's simply the wrong way around.

Like many players, I'm playing this game because of the Lego part. Building, rebuilding till it fits all just fine.
Some builds are taking weeks to be the right mix of looks and in-game performance.
Especially when you copy a real-life vehicle.
And yes,.. those players who care for cosmetics tend to care for perfection.

When something is asymmetrical, it's where things are getting interesting....
We will be able to copy so much more vehicles in the right way.... if only the asymmetry is not mirrored!

I understand many players just play the game on a lower level of perfection... to those it really doesn't matter how the cabin is shaped.
I understand there are players who only care for stats, perks and how to place as much weapons etc. ,. They probably want it to be symmetrical .
So I guess there are players not having a clue about what I'm pointing out to.

I'm sure those players who do create, design and build on a far more serious level know what my point is.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.