[Development blog] Sigurd: Power, invulnerability and kindness

Woodyrojo

I was so excited when i saw the mech arm but then the answer came that it is only a stupid decor. :100_100_10:

It could have been at least a small arm that grabs scrap from the ground during the battles to increase the reward. 

It could also work similar to skinner.

Also a repair tool would have been plausible.

As a weapon the claw is hard for me to imagine how it could work in crossout. The arm would have to reach the enemy, aim for a part and close the clawes. It would deal x amount of damage and when the part has less hp it gets destroyed. But what about a part with more hp like a plow? The claw would have to clip through the part or scretch over its surface. Would it be like a damage over time for 2-3 seconds? Or would it charge while in contact and deals damage at the end. Could the enemy drive away during that time?

A cool idea would be something like a buzzsaw/chainsaw or a drill, similar to mechanic how melee weapon already work, on a movable arm. It would deal damage while in contact and you could reach parts in different spots, even the weapons.

On man they could have done so many cool things but it is only a decor :100_100_10: I'm so sad

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

@ZWC Well as I said design isn't final and not the whole word isn't driving on the right. But almost :D

What real life vehicle is this the copy of? Can someone just paste the real-life picture of it here? Maybe it has been mirrored to avoid some kind of copyright problems? Developers have their reasons.

Also, When I look cars from contests, creators again covers their cabin.

On the wasteland, you use what you can find, we don't always get to chose, it's like when we want Spring/Winter Mayhem's map to be improved with landmark here, the river to be deeper there... in real life we don't get to change the battlefield before the battle.  

Just be positive man, there's more important things on this cabin and overall update than driver being left or right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

@ZWC Well as I said design isn't final and not the whole word isn't driving on the right. But almost :D

What real life vehicle is this the copy of? Can someone just paste the real-life picture of it here? Maybe it has been mirrored to avoid some kind of copyright problems? Developers have their reasons.

Also, When I look cars from contests, creators again covers their cabin.

On the wasteland, you use what you can find, we don't always get to chose, it's like when we want Spring/Winter Mayhem's map to be improved with landmark here, the river to be deeper there... in real life we don't get to change the battlefield before the battle.  

Just be positive man, there's more important things on this cabin and overall update than driver being left or right.

How can you just not understand what I mean, while the same time you are giving normal and serious replies.
It's not about the driver!
It's about where to mount a main weapon in case a cabin is asymmetrical.

It might be the case you yourself never went deep into the modelling/designing part of your crafts. But I do get the impression you do know what you write.

It is really not hard to get where my concerns lies.
best way to place your weapons is directly glued on the cabin. 
Now this cab seems to give you the unique (still) opportunity to place your main weapon or side gunner. strait on the lower front part.....
But if you do this... it will be at the wrong side.

Why the wrong side? ! well for those who driven combat vehicles in real and not just one.... well you notice it's weird if something is mirrored.. 

20190716231518_1.jpg

here in an open car, such cabin would not fit anyways. But a picture of a right steer.

20200323212641_1.jpg

most easy to control builds are centered... symmetric. there is no problem and enough cabins to use 

20200325201240_1.jpg

Yes, most vehicles are left steer. but here you may see what I mean whit building / modelling.
To you perfection might not matter. but to me it does.
good placemant of parts do matter.

20200402205637_1.jpg

weapons nicely lined up. but that's only for long builds like trailer or ships. 

20200502125536_1.jpg

It is as I already wrote,
best way to place your weapons is directly glued on the cabin. 
Keep in mind, in real, combat vehicles are never symmetrical. (Driver, commander wise)
The main weapon is mostly centered. but if it's off-center... it's mostly at the right.
Asymmetrical builds are less easy to play (in games)

Now this cab seems to give you the unique opportunity to build a real solid car/tank
Just look ate the StuG III and figure out what the point is

I do understand the Crossout world is not about WW2 destroyers but that's not what I am saying.
I only say , I you make an asymmetrical cabin, give it as the best option to build on.

Edited by ZWC
  • Confused 4

@ZWC I still don't get what is the problem.

It's important for a weapon to be glued on the cabin for vehicle designed for PvP/PvE. But on art build it doesn't matter as the build isn't rated according to effectiveness but visual design and/or realism. And again, cabins are usually buried as they are technically mandatory to take some pics out of the garage, but not part of the art itself.

Impressive work you have here by the way.

Because art required a lot of parts to be unlocked, and quite some coins to buy paints, gear and decors, and because it's hard to make a living (getting resources) out of it, remember that artists like you are in minority, I think.

Anyway,  I get that you don't like the (not final) design.

To move on, I'm still curious about the mecha arm, devs said it's a decor, but the art seems to show some movement possibility, so I hope it has a good durability for a decor.

Anyway, with that new content coming plus the regular balance updates, I'm kind of impatient to see this all coming !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:

@ZWC I still don't get what is the problem.

It's important for a weapon to be glued on the cabin for vehicle designed for PvP/PvE. But on art build it doesn't matter as the build isn't rated according to effectiveness but visual design and/or realism. And again, cabins are usually buried as they are technically mandatory to take some pics out of the garage, but not part of the art itself.

Impressive work you have here by the way.

Because art required a lot of parts to be unlocked, and quite some coins to buy paints, gear and decors, and because it's hard to make a living (getting resources) out of it, remember that artists like you are in minority, I think.

Anyway,  I get that you don't like the (not final) design.

To move on, I'm still curious about the mecha arm, devs said it's a decor, but the art seems to show some movement possibility, so I hope it has a good durability for a decor.

Anyway, with that new content coming plus the regular balance updates, I'm kind of impatient to see this all coming !

Well yes, I'm very glad to. the new parts looks promising.

the thing about the cabin and in-game use of it.
Well most people will split art builds and useful builds for battling.
in separate groups.

Here is my point.
I only play with art builds that are designed to perform very well in battle to.
I'm one of those players who do bring diversity into the battlefield.
So I combine Art and Battle.... 

Why?,... because I like to have fun, and the fun-rate isn't there anymore if I only play in optimized builds.
It's totally no problem to make "winner"... matter of fact, it's fairly easy. 

I never play easy to win builds , like wedges or hovers.
(although I do have all those parts fused and ready... but only for testing)

My art builds look as they would be a drawback for my team, 
but that's only because players never dare use others than the meta's. once they frighted their way through the seal-clubbing low and mid PS rate.
They simply adapt to the easy builds.... or copy  a meta off the expo ....
So they assume art-builds must be a drawback. 
Sad,
Because I do get MVP's and Rhino's a lot in my ART-builds.

This cabin would add so much potential if it is the right way around,

I know this cabin is still in progress, that's why I write it now and here.
To see there are even players tagging "confused" does worry me.... are they really not that smart?
because tagging "confused" in this case, only tells us the confused one hasn't got the slightest  idea...
I;m not down-talking anyone, I'm not taking anything away from anybody...
I just give sound feedback. on a cabin to come.....

Now I do understand that most people do not care much .... 
But I'm talking to those who are in power to mirror the cabin to it's better useful form.

Edited by ZWC
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Now it's time for some speculation !

The Garage 2.0#2 answered at the end of their video :"Will there be legendary cabins yes or no" by "we cannot confirm or deny the game will have legendary cabin very soon" while a no would be translated by "we don't plan to add legendary cabin for now/ for the foreseeable future".

Also, the planned perks (sudden attack/retreat for the new Firestarter newcomer, and short-term defense/offence for Steppenwolf Sigurd) seem like advanced/active perks, like toogle perks as last added cabin Omnibox. 

Finally, we can assume each advanced faction will have a newcomer/cabin, so it could be the good time to introduce legendary cabins, but that's simply how I feel.

I feel like the last cabin's perk form Dawn Children could be faster fire rate/ bigger damage toggle, that could complete the themed toggle perk serie. And yes I think that could be some faction themed legendary cabins, I don't think they are pack cabins since factions are involved.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

I feel like the last cabin's perk form Dawn Children could be faster fire rate/ bigger damage toggle, that could complete the themed toggle perk serie. And yes I think that could be some faction themed legendary cabins, I don't think they are pack cabins since factions are involved.

From what has already been leaked in youtube it will be a frontal shield, not sure if it's true or not. (minute 3:15+)

Also, I really hope that they aren't pack based, more like involving some type of quest or progression season-faction like. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow I got it mostly right, but this video is already from May 15th !

Spoiler

So they are legendary !

And how did that guy got those leakage so fast ?  There is even a smoke screen item demonstration but that's not even in-game. This eternalsilence guy must be from or close to the developers team.

Anyway @Velaryon1007 I don't think they are pack, they must be faction craftable item. I don't think they are faction themed packs so far.

Spoiler

Also, if those only legendary cabins were only accessible by pack, there would be serious pay to win complains. So I'm 99% sure they are not pack related. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, developers,

It is nice, new autocannon for Steppenwolfs.

I have a big wish for next update. Create a new real relic weapon. It needs something new.

Eighteen barrel Minigun-The Terminator !

Good luck
Sincerely

New Relic Minigun.jpg

• Confused 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:06 AM, ZWC said:

Like many players, I'm playing this game because of the Lego part. Building, rebuilding till it fits all just fine.
Some builds are taking weeks to be the right mix of looks and in-game performance.
Especially when you copy a real-life vehicle.
And yes,.. those players who care for cosmetics tend to care for perfection.

I understand many players just play the game on a lower level of perfection... to those it really doesn't matter how the cabin is shaped.
I understand there are players who only care for stats, perks and how to place as much weapons etc. ,. They probably want it to be symmetrical .
So I guess there are players not having a clue about what I'm pointing out to.

I'm sure those players who do create, design and build on a far more serious level know what my point is.

+1

Hey guys, I'm wondering its been a few updates where there's is a bunch of details missing as what has been changed.

This time for example; less health on porcs, more explosive dmg, less breaker dmg and of course the 15k health mandrakes, etc...

So my question is: where are all those details about nerfs/buff as it is no where to be seen either in dev blog/ patch notes.

Can you tell us the changes? or is it another ghost update?

The player base likes to know the changes.

Some things on consoles are messed up atm. You should probably report them all as bugs as you encounter them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.