Alright, so I have been helping new and old players with HP to MASS ratios on there builds, I can get around 100 to even 1000 more HP on there builds with the same PS or a bit more or less...

Now I have be running into the idea that Bumper's are the best type of armor, I say this is wrong, bumpers are only good for being a hard point or you know... bumpers. My argument is that say build -A- has 3k HP and build -B- has 2K HP and 1K  bumper HP in the front so in all he has 3k HP from the front. Now say they both have the same guns and movement parts, If they both just sit still and shot at the same time at each other build A will win.

Why? Well if build B has 1K of HP of bumpers in the front and has them placed so they cover the hole front then build A only needs to shot the top or bottom to get to the cab and start dealing cab damage, were build B can shot anywhere and chew through to the cab, however the parts he misses will still be adding HP to build A.

Now if they get to each others side then build A will always win do to build be having the useless 1K HP of bumpers in the front not adding HP.

I just want to know the what players think about this, I my self think PURE HP builds are better then ones that use bumpers for armor :D

Bumpers don't add to Cabin Health, but they're nice as an outer layer, or to protect your Guns/Frames, because of their damage resistance.  Basically, they're niche armor, not bulk armor.  You need both, and spacing is somewhat less critical than it used to be.

They're also extremely heavy, so for a lightweight build, you want to use them sparingly.  Especially at extreme ends, because they can throw off you center of mass, when you lose one.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for going semi-off topic, but i've got this question.

when normal armor gets shooted off  the vehicle, the health boost that piece provided to the cabin goes off with it too?

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AGrievousGuy said:

when normal armor gets shooted off  the vehicle, the health boost that piece provided to the cabin goes off with it too?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yes.

Ohh, now thats something i never noticed.

Thanks tho:014:

And about this

25 minutes ago, _BrideIron_ said:

Alright, so I have been helping new and old players with HP to MASS ratios on there builds, I can get around 100 to even 1000 more HP on there builds with the same PS or a bit more or less...

Now I have be running into the idea that Bumper's are the best type of armor, I say this is wrong, bumpers are only good for being a hard point or you know... bumpers. My argument is that say build -A- has 3k HP and build -B- has 2K HP and 1K  bumper HP in the front so in all he has 3k HP from the front. Now say they both have the same guns and movement parts, If they both just sit still and shot at the same time at each other build A will win.

Why? Well if build B has 1K of HP of bumpers in the front and has them placed so they cover the hole front then build A only needs to shot the top or bottom to get to the cab and start dealing cab damage, were build B can shot anywhere and chew through to the cab, however the parts he misses will still be adding HP to build A.

Now if they get to each others side then build A will always win do to build be having the useless 1K HP of bumpers in the front not adding HP.

I just want to know the what players think about this, I my self think PURE HP builds are better then ones that use bumpers for armor :D

I use bumpers as front shields always.

And i don't pay that much attention to ps thought, for me as long as the ps is lower than 500 of where i want to play is enough for me.

Also if your cab takes more damage then the rest of your parts that add HP then those parts that added the now gone HP get hit say by machine gun fire then those parts will still take the same amount of damage before brakeing.

• Thanks 1

Depends how good you are with keeping your front to the enemy and not getting flanked.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, _BrideIron_ said:

It makes a big difference when resistance comes into play. Now, ofc it's unrealistic that 2 melee builds chew on each others armor only without weapons getting in the way, but you get my point.

Personally i often use the terribull bar as a sideguard even though it's clearly one of the worst parts regarding hp/weight ratio.

Keep in mind that if one relies purely on hp pieces and not bumpers, they're going to be taking a lot more damage from explosive weapons.

Bumpers can also prove to be a more effective size/modle for armoring weapons in some cases. 

• Upvote 1

Bumpers just get blown of less in a shot.  They have the highest hp amongst parts.  If I want to keep my guns longer I use bumpers.  I also always have a bumper guarding my front frame for obvious reasons. 

I try to keep too many bumpers from landing on my ride.  Hp is important too

Lower ps I tend to use more bumpers, or on heavy cabs. 

59 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Keep in mind that if one relies purely on hp pieces and not bumpers, they're going to be taking a lot more damage from explosive weapons.

Bumpers can also prove to be a more effective size/modle for armoring weapons in some cases. 

Not if your using say a van roof as spaced armor, thats just 60 HP gone  or even less if you use big parts that have less HP like the fire starter parts, thats what the CW builds do, smart I say, I do agree with tenshiijin for using a front bumper to cover frames too.

Bumpers good for resisting explosive damage, as spaced armor isn't as effective anymore

Also most bumpers have a good mass to durability ratio, for example train plow is 416 durability for around 900 mass

They are the best weapon armor mainly becuz of their high hp density (hp ler volume), for many weapons you simply can't place say 120pt of structure part around them without limiting their firing arc. Also lighter bumpers have far better hp-mass ratio (e.g. lunatics bumpers have over 1hp/kg)

I know, what I as was getting at was players think its the best armor over all and they try to only use bumpers only.

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Bumpers don't add to Cabin Health, but they're nice as an outer layer, or to protect your Guns/Frames, because of their damage resistance.  Basically, they're niche armor, not bulk armor.  You need both, and spacing is somewhat less critical than it used to be.

They're also extremely heavy, so for a lightweight build, you want to use them sparingly.  Especially at extreme ends, because they can throw off you center of mass, when you lose one.  

I see em as shields.

They provide cover to you(r builds actual body) as long as their durability allows but after that you are on your own.