Bobbill12345

The call cabin is broken and plays a huge role in making drones OP

10 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

Currently drones sit in that category quite nicely, you have to remember that this game isn't about 1v1 situations, it's about 8v8 and 4v4, drone builds are not front line brawlers, they take a really long time to kill their target and they really don't last very long, or do very well when they, and their drones are the primary target of an enemy team.

Your comment about machine guns or shotguns isn't quite right either, just about any weapon can deal with drones pretty easily, with a few exceptions for annihilators, and this is where the "support weapon" comes in, if you find yourself unable to target the drones because you're busy dealing with someone else, that's exactly what their designed for, they are an annoyance, but also very easily dealt with once you can target their drones, they don't do a massive amount of DPS compared to almost any other damage dealing build, but they do offer you the ability to support your allies, and the cabin's bonuses give you the chance to survive long enough in a fight to get your drones out at least a couple of times if your opponent is killing off your drones, then switching target to you, then back to your drones, instead of just focus firing the droners vehicle and ignoring the drones all together.

I actually think drone builds are currently one of the most balanced builds ingame and fit their role particularly well at this time, if you find that they are a struggle to deal with in a match, just consider that the droner could actually be another wedge shotgun ramming under you, or a sniping assembler build that you can't even touch, or a ramming build, or just any other full fledged DPS build.

Weapons that can shoot down annihilator reliably:

- Machineguns

- Shotguns

- Spark

Weapons that can't shoot down annihilator reliably:

Literally everything else

If what you consider being "balanced" is having 90% of builds be hopeless against it....

If you find yourself unable to target the drones they straight-line your cabin with more dps than breakers and slow you down incapacitating and killing you while being cloaked across the map behind cover

The cabin's bonus is a crutch that lets drones drive in your face, magically tank all damage that it receives, lock on with drones, and then easily either run away or straight up pin you against a wall

11 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

- Machineguns

- Shotguns

- Spark

Weapons that can't shoot down annihilator reliably:

Literally everything else

If what you consider being "balanced" is having 90% of builds be hopeless against it....

If you find yourself unable to target the drones they straight-line your cabin with more dps than breakers and slow you down incapacitating and killing you while being cloaked across the map behind cover

The cabin's bonus is a crutch that lets drones drive in your face, magically tank all damage that it receives, lock on with drones, and then easily either run away or straight up pin you against a wall

Dude, there are many more weapons that are great against drones. Pretty much any other support type vehicle can deal with them easily with a wide range of weapons.

I know this, because I probably play support more than any other role, and if I’m playing around 7000 PS where there are lots of drones, I focus on them and take them out easily because that’s my job. 

My favourite anti-drone weapons include the obvious choices of machine guns and/or shotguns (of which there are many variations), but also any laser, blockchain, summator, adaptors, junkbow, melee, incinerator, turrets, and of course using drones myself.

On a semi-related note, I realized recently that I had a bunch of badges for killing enemies using wheeled drones and I couldn’t figure out how, since I’ve never used them. Turns out I’ve killed way more people with a werewolf drone than I realized! And you people all said they were useless.

Just now, poony4u2 said:

Dude, there are many more weapons that are great against drones. Pretty much any other support type vehicle can deal with them easily with a wide range of weapons.

I know this, because I probably play support more than any other role, and if I’m playing around 7000 PS where there are lots of drones, I focus on them and take them out easily because that’s my job. 

My favourite anti-drone weapons include the obvious choices of machine guns and/or shotguns (of which there are many variations), but also any laser, blockchain, summator, adaptors, junkbow, melee, incinerator, turrets, and of course using drones myself.

On a semi-related note, I realized recently that I had a bunch of badges for killing enemies using wheeled drones and I couldn’t figure out how, since I’ve never used them. Turns out I’ve killed way more people with a werewolf drone than I realized! And you people all said they were useless.

Yes we use blockchain summator adaptor junkbow and turrets at 13k ps

Powerscore plays a role you know

Also since when does melee destroy drones?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And annihilator flies so high it avoids incinerators

7 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Yes we use blockchain summator adaptor junkbow and turrets at 13k ps

Powerscore plays a role you know

Also since when does melee destroy drones?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And annihilator flies so high it avoids incinerators

Wait, you’re complaining about drones at 13k ps? 
Shouldn’t anyone playing at that level be able to handle them? I barely see any drone boats above 8000ps because they’re so weak.

If you’re just talking about annihilators, maybe you should consider sticking one of those lower level weapons on your build. Most of those can take out an annihilator with one shot from a single gun, and some will take out a few in one blast.

Given their PS cost, annihilators shouldn’t be weak, but I scrapped mine already because people were shooting it down too easily. 
As with all weapons on here, if you play with one yourself for a little while you quickly discover all the weak points.

As far as melee destroying drones, I’m obviously talking about wheeled drones and turrets. 

Bobil maybe an kapkan to use in combo with your hover, i notice that kapkan capture drones , you deploy it then wait 2 seconds so kapkan can capture them and after you run away from there . I don't know if aegis can help . For me best thing still spark , not do good damage at all , not get points in score for the many tasks he complete but is an hell of an help when you need it . I don't know what other to suggest in combo with hover . But depend even what guns you use because at that powerscore asemblers , scorpions, toadfish , shotguns , autocanon do the job to blow the drone . 

In my opinion the only problem drones have is the reloading speed , as soon as we blow an wave of 3 drones in air then the owner send other 3 , this is the problem , should pass more time before he recharge the new wave of drones and in this time we can focus to shoot a bit even the owner.

Edited by RYANCQQPER

1 minute ago, RYANCQQPER said:

In my opinion the only problem drones have is the reloading speed , as soon as we blow an wave of 3 drones in air then the owner send other 3 , this is the problem , should pass more time before he recharge the new wave of drones . And for this reason spark is best because blow up wave after wave of drones .

And then being able to be cloaked while the drones are still attacking, which is of course inconsistent with every other weapon in the game.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RYANCQQPER said:

n my opinion the only problem drones have is the reloading speed , as soon as we blow an wave of 3 drones in air then the owner send other 3 , this is the problem , should pass more time before he recharge the new wave of drones and in this time we can focus to shoot a bit even the owner.

He wont understand how DPS plays a part in this issue, as he doesnt think DPS should even be considered. How quick it reloads, boosting the DPS, is beyond his ability to comprehend. Might as well just ignore this simpleton.

Drones are an issue hover cannon users. Nobody else has an issue with drones except limited ammo, slow moving builds. And like was previously stated, why someone that plays at 13k (although he has only 8k matches) has an issue with drones is amazing it and of itself.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:43 AM, xcai35 said:

So....does losing to shotgun build make drone a support weapon? If so, shotgun build will most likely lose to a lance build, does that make shotgun a support weapon?

In fact many drone carriers are using melee build chassis now, with 25% higher cabin power than a humpback and 30% damage resistance and a classical wedge these drone builds can win most 1v1 against non-melee/shotgun/mg builds, even when fighting mg builds they could cause bunch of problems simply by ramming. Also, annihilator isn't the only drone, after several nerf in a row grenadier still outdamage impulse in terms of dps per energy, and despite their lower hp they actually have longer cumulative life expectancy becuz apparently they can grow back within 20sec for a couple times thanks to cheetah bigfoot combo. In conclusion, a properly built drone carrier can go pretty much anywhere a melee build can go, the reason you dont see them fighting at melee range is, well, they don't have to risk that while their drones doing all the hardwork for them. If a build with frontline ramming and decent damage dealing potential can be qualify as a support, then 80% of all builds are essentially support builds.

I'm a cannon player.  I pwn drone builds with them.

I'm surprised anyone's claiming op drones this late in the game.   I basically ignore them for the most part bless they are annihilators.  Mind u I'm usually on legs when I'm all drone mih. 

Every weapon but in Incinerators or a tow seems dronE effective to me.  I'm sure there's one or two other weapons that suck against drones as well. 

2 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Every weapon but in Incinerators or a tow seems dronE effective to me.  I'm sure there's one or two other weapons that suck against drones as well. 

Even incinerators are effective if you use them right and the opponent drone boats are clustering around your teammates. Drop a couple gas tanks on them and your team will be thankful. 
Useless at defending yourself though.

In general, the best way to deal with drones is if everyone watches out for drones attacking their teammates. Much easier to kill drones that aren’t swarming you.

I can already hear people whining about how you can’t rely on PVP teammates to do that, but I find if at least I take that approach the match will go better, and some teammates may join me and really make a difference. 

Most of the weapons I use don't even have the gun elevation to shoot the drones

And even if you do have the elevation, by the time you line up a shot you know will hit the drones, they zoom behind you because aparantly by the devs logic teleporting every 3 seconds is balanced

And then once you actually hit them you got 1 drone out and most of your durability is already gone

And if you actually DO manage to destroy the drones, what happens is they drive in circles and recharge the drones in 2 seconds because balance

Edited by Bobbill12345

I assume you’re talking about annihilators, but the logic is the same. Don’t get caught alone, especially if your guns aren’t effective against drones. 

If you’re playing cannons, find a teammate mid-range DPS weapons to stick close to. Either the drones will target them, or they will defend you when you’re targeted.

If you are caught alone, you need to concentrate on hitting the drones before they target you. Yes, droners can use cloak to sneak up, but their drones are visible, and they are very easy to kill before they target you.

Like everything else in this game, if you stay in a group things will go much better. 

No one should be surprised when the obvious counter to their build beats them 1v1. annihilators should be real threat to the builds it is designed to counter. 

2 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I assume you’re talking about annihilators, but the logic is the same. Don’t get caught alone, especially if your guns aren’t effective against drones. 

If you’re playing cannons, find a teammate mid-range DPS weapons to stick close to. Either the drones will target them, or they will defend you when you’re targeted.

If you are caught alone, you need to concentrate on hitting the drones before they target you. Yes, droners can use cloak to sneak up, but their drones are visible, and they are very easy to kill before they target you.

Like everything else in this game, if you stay in a group things will go much better. 

No one should be surprised when the obvious counter to their build beats them 1v1. annihilators should be real threat to the builds it is designed to counter. 

Even in a group it doesn't make much of a difference as droners can just hide and avoid all damage

I've seen annihilator users win a 1v6 vs a team that's coordinating and staying together

Also droners can just wait until they're in your face and then  deploy the drones

The problem is this: at the ps they're used, only around 10% of weapons can actually fight them, and they counter the other 90%

3 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Even in a group it doesn't make much of a difference as droners can just hide and avoid all damage

I've seen annihilator users win a 1v6 vs a team that's coordinating and staying together

Also droners can just wait until they're in your face and then  deploy the drones

The problem is this: at the ps they're used, only around 10% of weapons can actually fight them, and they counter the other 90%

I used my annihilator at many PS ranges, and the only reason people have a hard time dealing with them at higher PS is because so many CW players are focussed on long range alpha weapons, but now there’s finally a reason to play mid-range DPS weapons or short range spray weapons in upper PS.

It’s not the fault of annihilator users or the developers that high PS players don’t want to adjust their tactics and builds to deal with a new threat.

And as far as shooting down the drones not being effective, a shotgun wedge can down a whole fleet of drones in one blast. That should give your cannons plenty of time to take out the drone boat. But that relies on staying with your teammates, and having teammates willing to play a support role.

If you’re finding no one is willing to play support, maybe it’s time for you to give it a try? At the very least it might be therapeutic to spend a few days just blowing up drones. 

2 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

And as far as shooting down the drones not being effective, a shotgun wedge can down a whole fleet of drones in one blast. That should give your cannons plenty of time to take out the drone boat. But that relies on staying with your teammates, and having teammates willing to play a support role.

But due to the call cabin they magically tank all of the damage you do to them and easily escape, then recharge their drones in seconds because cheetah is balanced

3 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

If you’re finding no one is willing to play support, maybe it’s time for you to give it a try? At the very least it might be therapeutic to spend a few days just blowing up drones

Hmmmm….

Yes it's time for more faceblasting droners with horidrake

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I'm usually on legs when I'm all drone mih.

6 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I'm a cannon player.  I pwn drone builds with them.

Are those drone builds on legs too?

• Confused 1

Just now, Bobbill12345 said:

What ps does tensh even play at, 5k?

probably 5k spider with one drone and no radar

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, xcai35 said:

probably 5k spider with one drone and no radar

It would make sense cause hes clearly never faced a full 13-14k ps annihilator hover/dog

• Confused 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

The only people having trouble with them are almost always just meta babies with wide open exposed cabins, and stationary weapons that cant aim up or turn.

Yep. Drones, especially annihilators, are perhaps the best way to counter the meta. They can:

-keep up with hovers acceleration

-target the exposed cabs used as armor

-ignore spaced armor

1 minute ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Yep. Drones, especially annihilators, are perhaps the best way to counter the meta. They can:

-keep up with hovers acceleration

-target the exposed cabs used as armor

-ignore spaced armor

What you fail to mention is spiders, bigfoots, and tracks also struggle with annihilators

In fact they struggle even more than hovers, because a spider will never be able to even somewhat catch a droner

On 5/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

- Machineguns

- Shotguns

- Spark

-scorp 

-autocannons

-cannons, with aim

-helios

-more that I can’t think of right now

5 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

-scorp 

-autocannons

-cannons, with aim

-helios

-more that I can’t think of right now

i will add a few

mandrake, with aim

hurricane, wi wait you cant aim hurricane

Edited by xcai35
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

-scorp 

Shoots down 1 drone then gets cucked while it reloads

-autocannons

Slow aim time means it cant keep up with teleporting drones

-cannons, with aim

If you even do hit with your gun elevation and spread, then same as scorps you get cucked while reloadint

-helios

Very hard to reliably hit the full volley on teleporting drones