Bobbill12345

The call cabin is broken and plays a huge role in making drones OP

Back to my original point, reload based weapons technically have another option, which is to shoot the droner, but it is negated and made unviable because of the call cab

I hate drones, hate when droners are on my team, and playing against drone users...but i see nothing wrong with this cabin right now. If it were OP, you would see them as MVP frequently...that is hardly the case. As long as drones/drone users aren't rewarded for a low skill option, I am ok with it. They arent unbalanced right now...at least not in their favor. That is my unbiased take...as I wish they werent even a part of the game

Edited by Claysdad
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/21/2020 at 6:08 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

The call cabin really needs a rework, in it's current state it just makes drones more of a crutch than they already are, it makes anything that's not a machinegun or shotgun helpless vs drones because due to the cab's perk they can't reliably shoot the droner because it has a free durability boost and a massive speed boost

Devs say they want drones to be a support weapon yet they release a cabin that clearly benefits from going full drone

Change the perk to: If drones are deployed, damage of non drone weapons is increased by 20%

This way there is a clear benefit from using drones as a support weapon and not going full drone

Do this and add a line of sight requirement, then annihilators will be far more balanced

... once again, you people are crying over WRONG thing. Drones are FINE and so is the cabin, what the PROBLEM IS - we have no counter to drones, spark can destroy them, but only melees run sparks really. What we need, is AA module (AA = anti aircraft). It should be a module / weapon size of an arbitar / equalizer and when activated, it should automatically aim for anything aerial, such as hurricane missiles, drones and even cricket rockets, crickets are OP as hell right now .. but with that module, crickets would no longer be so OP, that module should be able to take out some cricket rockets, not all, but about 80% that come straight at you. It should have about 150 meter range and auto fire when activated and should last about 30 seconds and 10-15 second re-charge (faster with V8) and should take 2 energy.

You might think "omg op", but not really, using that would require 2 energy, it's not more op than build with cloak + verifier.

I have said it many, many times ... you can't balance the game by nerfing things all the time, best balance is when every module and weapon has counter.

2 hours ago, Claysdad said:

I hate drones, hate when droners are on my team, and playing against drone users...but i see nothing wrong with this cabin right now. If it were OP, you would see them as MVP frequently...that is hardly the case. As long as drones/drone users aren't rewarded for a low skill option, I am ok with it. They arent unbalanced right now...at least not in their favor. That is my unbiased take...as I wish they werent even a part of the game

While you dont know this name in game(not my gamer tag), i have played with you and against you many times using drones. SO what i am interested in is your reasons why hate drones both against and on your team.

Your comments in the forums have seemed fairly reasonable, devoid of emotional bias, and so i for a few different reasons not just because of playing on PS4 with you, would like to know your thoughts if you are willing to share them.

While i am sort of interested in why you think they shouldnt be in the game, that point is probably moot and not worth exploring as they are now, people have spent money on them, they have a purpose from the devs perspective, etc... But how to improve on them and reasons that drones in general are viewed poorly in games is a very interesting topic IMO.

2 hours ago, Sethioz said:

... once again, you people are crying over WRONG thing. Drones are FINE and so is the cabin, what the PROBLEM IS - we have no counter to drones, spark can destroy them, but only melees run sparks really. What we need, is AA module (AA = anti aircraft). It should be a module / weapon size of an arbitar / equalizer and when activated, it should automatically aim for anything aerial, such as hurricane missiles, drones and even cricket rockets, crickets are OP as hell right now .. but with that module, crickets would no longer be so OP, that module should be able to take out some cricket rockets, not all, but about 80% that come straight at you. It should have about 150 meter range and auto fire when activated and should last about 30 seconds and 10-15 second re-charge (faster with V8) and should take 2 energy.

You might think "omg op", but not really, using that would require 2 energy, it's not more op than build with cloak + verifier.

I have said it many, many times ... you can't balance the game by nerfing things all the time, best balance is when every module and weapon has counter.

A verifier but for drones would be interesting and would really make drones take an equal amount of skill to counter that they take to use

"You lock lock on to me with drones in 1 click I disable your drones in 1 click"

6 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

What ps does tensh even play at, 5k?

6-16k.  Mostly high ps though.  Atm I'm just constantly playing spider toadstunami 13700.

It would make sense cause hes clearly never faced a full 13-14k ps annihilator hover/dog

Annihilators are a problem for reload spiders sure.  But I can't remember the last time an annihilator build defeated me. 

To be fair they are the one drone I don't ignore.  Every other drone is a tickle.  If u are in a group and have anihilators on u and as u try to move away he keeps pace and drones.  Ask Ur allies to shoot them as u stay motionless.  U can't shoot those drones with much success when their target is moving. 

This thread doesn't say just annihilators, it says drones.  So I commented on drones as a whole. Hell I haven't seen an annihilator build in cw for like... A month. 

I despise such foolish assumptions as, " of he defends it he plays it.". Well I don't play drones.  I find them simply boring.  Even when super op in drone apocalypse days.   Man my reapers wrecked house those days of cw. 

Ps cloak. U can cloak as annihilator dmgs u and break agro.   So u need 1 energy to counter that shiz. 

Anihilators are not op.  They are fairly well balanced now. 

Edited by tenshiijin

I don't see enough Call cabins to call it the main problem.  I see a lot more Tusks which basically have that performance when it's crucial:  When you don't have Drones out, so you have to evade, or keep fighting without them as a distraction.  (I've also seen Howl, and various others, but lately most of them have been Tusk, and Cheetah as a backup weapon.)

5 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Back to my original point, reload based weapons technically have another option, which is to shoot the droner, but it is negated and made unviable because of the call cab

Its not.  Unless Ur aiming for their cabin.  Don't shoot the drones cab bros.  Shoot behind the cab.  Works great for me.  I love seeing little drone builds on my toadnami build.  They flip about.  The double impulse hit is wonderful for keeping them in view so I can explode them. 

Remember that if Ur afraid of anihilators u should keep allies close. 

I play mostly weapons and builds that are more susceptible to anihilators.  Yet I do not cry op in any way.  Because even then the things are never too threatening.  Though they can strip high up weapons nicely.  I'm most often able to retreat and use allies as a barricade. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bot_22546 said:

While you dont know this name in game(not my gamer tag), i have played with you and against you many times using drones. SO what i am interested in is your reasons why hate drones both against and on your team.

Your comments in the forums have seemed fairly reasonable, devoid of emotional bias, and so i for a few different reasons not just because of playing on PS4 with you, would like to know your thoughts if you are willing to share them.

While i am sort of interested in why you think they shouldnt be in the game, that point is probably moot and not worth exploring as they are now, people have spent money on them, they have a purpose from the devs perspective, etc... But how to improve on them and reasons that drones in general are viewed poorly in games is a very interesting topic IMO.

Conceptually, I am against having options where the AI does most of the work. Aim assist, caucus, and drones fall in this category. Not all drone users are bad. That said, too often I see at the end of a match a guy using drones just flying around, draggin out the game. When their drones could have been useful, they were avoiding the battles. Now they make the majority sit and watch a game of chase where perhaps they do some damage but they have little chance of winning. It is a drudgery to watch...or play against.

I think grenade drones were OP late in 2019. Annihilators were strong when they first came out. As it is at the moment, I dont think they are unbalanced...at least they arent too strong. Perhaps some are too weak but I am not sweating that. Haha

7 hours ago, Sethioz said:

no.

You are like Batman, except instead of swooping into the city to fight crime, you swoop into discussions you don’t like to tell people that they are whiny, and that you are right and they are wrong. Also to mention that you are better and smarter and faster than all of us.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I play mostly weapons and builds that are more susceptible to anihilators.  Yet I do not cry op in any way. 

Maybe because the annihilators you fight received a 25% dmg nerf while the ones bobby fights didnt.

• Upvote 1

U can cloak as annihilator dmgs u and break agro.   So u need 1 energy to counter that shiz.

verifier costs 1 energy too and it has about 1/3 cd compare to your cloak.

Ur afraid of anihilators u should keep allies close

I'm most often able to retreat and use allies as a barricade

16 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I'm a cannon player.  I pwn drone builds with them.

16 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Every weapon but in Incinerators or a tow seems dronE effective to me. 

So basically you claim that cannons are effective against drones because you pwn drone builds while you use your allies as barricade? You realize in that scenario it's NOT you who's fighting the drone build?

By your definition a cricket on a wheelless naked cab with harpoon is effective against scorpion too, cuz you can harpoon an ally, use him as a barricade, and occasionally land a hit on the scorpion build while crawling on the ground.

Edited by xcai35
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I love seeing little drone builds on my toadnami build.  They flip about.

Anything you can reliably flip with toadfish at 13k+ ps are caused by lack of driving or building skill, or most commmonly, both.

Edited by xcai35

3 hours ago, xcai35 said:

verifier costs 1 energy too and it has about 1/3 cd compare to your cloak.

So basically you claim that cannons are effective against drones because you pwn drone builds while you use your allies as barricade? You realize in that scenario it's NOT you who's fighting the drone build?

By your definition a cricket on a wheelless naked cab with harpoon is effective against scorpion too, cuz you can harpoon an ally, use him as a barricade, and occasionally land a hit on the scorpion build while crawling on the ground.

Annihilator have to be very close to get on you.  If u fall back in to a stack when your in trouble or at disadvantage you can drop agro and spread out dmg more.  I encourage my teammates to do the same when they are in need of assistance.  It prevents focus dmg.  It's a simple war tactic bro.  Move tired troops to back, and fresh troops to action.  Or should I just stand out front and let the weapons strip me, when I have a reaper and a shottgun right behind me that can help me negate his annihilator advantage over my high sitting reload weapons in a case where he has cover and I can't get lign of sight due to him driving just out of sight constantly. 

Maybe that's why theyre so tough for you.  You play against them like a hard headed fool. 

Edited by tenshiijin

3 hours ago, xcai35 said:

Anything you can reliably flip with toadfish at 13k+ ps are caused by lack of driving or building skill, or most commmonly, both.

Full build they still get one end lifted off the ground.  And then lots of things can occur.  It makes them drive in to something.  They spin a bit and have to gain speed again.  I hit low and they only get a nudge.  They eventually start flipping all over the place. 

I'm using two toads and a tsunami to do this.  And each hit causes significant delay in their destination, where they often get jacked up because of it my impulse allowing me or other players to land extra shots. 

Pulsars work great against droners too, though not annihilators so much.  And they are cannons.  That explosion radius loves to tickle those genesis in to a ball of fire.  Yes I know annihilators don't need or use genesis. 

10 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

It's a simple war tactic bro.

lmfao withdraw is only a tactic when you have other options (e.g. you can face tank with considerable chance of winning, or you have the speed advantage to kite), in your case it's called "can't win brawl and too slow to kite", or simply "can't survive on your own", that's why your only chance is to summon a team of imaginary reaper and shotgun meatshield so you can pretend your cannons are effective against drones.

when I have a reaper and a shottgun right behind me that can help me negate his annihilator advantage over my high sitting reload weapons

or do you admit drones have advantage over cannons?

You play against them like a hard headed fool

that makes you a soft headed fool feeling proud of winning 3v1 against a balanced build lul

Edited by xcai35

46 minutes ago, xcai35 said:

that makes you a soft headed fool feeling proud of winning 3v1 against a balanced build lul

Yep, its not balance if it takes 3 people to take out 1 person

I can’t remember, are we supposed to cooperate with our teammates and use focus fire to win, or are we supposed to find a solo opponent and challenge them to a fair 1v1 dual?

3 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I can’t remember, are we supposed to cooperate with our teammates and use focus fire to win, or are we supposed to find a solo opponent and challenge them to a fair 1v1 dual?

There are builds that can be defeated 1v1 

And then there are builds like annihilators that require 3 people to kill it

What if there is a group of 4 of them? What are you going to do, find 12 teamates

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

You're supposed to utilize everything you can to win, but if you can't even escape from a doomed 1v1 you better not claim your build is effective against your enemy, like he did:

On 5/22/2020 at 7:29 PM, tenshiijin said:

Every weapon but in Incinerators or a tow seems dronE effective to me.  I'm sure there's one or two other weapons that suck against drones as well. 

On 5/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, tenshiijin said:

I'm a cannon player.  I pwn drone builds with them.

I'm surprised anyone's claiming op drones this late in the game.   I basically ignore them for the most part bless they are annihilators.  Mind u I'm usually on legs when I'm all drone mih. 

There are builds that can be defeated 1v1 

And then there are builds like annihilators that require 3 people to kill it

What if there is a group of 4 of them? What are you going to do, find 12 teamates

You're being dramatic, it's all about circumstance, and yeah, lots of builds can nuke multiple people at once, annihilator droners is one of those builds.

Annihilators are easy to counter, what build are you running that means you struggle so much against them?

They show up on the minimap so you can avoid them/see them coming, they only have a 100m range, the Call cabin can only go a max of 97kph if I'm not mistaken with the Cheetah, they are easily shot down, if you cloak they instantly lose lock, if you hit them even once with anything explosive they will all die in 1 go..

The cabin is fine, it's the only one that makes running drones worth it.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:41 PM, Claysdad said:

Go play console side. You literally dont see any drone. -25% damage making it.  

Drones is useless in console side. Overnerfed state.  Haters dont wanna see drones to equal to other weapon system.  

That is a mistake for them. Drones is weak state in PC.  Console side drones is even weakier.  

Every weapons should work. Like it or not. 

MVP dont proof literally nothing in short seeing. 

Efficience is that stat what i recommending to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Santonik said:

Haters dont wanna see drones to equal to other weapon system.  

A weapon that takes 2 clicks should not be equally competitive with a weapon that takes far more skill

• Confused 2

Efficience is that stat what telling. work and what do not work.  

Click numbers is not balance factor. It is stupidity if you believing that way. (no offence)

Click numbers is small part how weapons works, rigth? :happy:

Edited by Santonik