Alice_Accord

Caucasus makes me....

I have only use them for raids last few weeks.  Mainly the internet lag is quite bad.  Last night was so bad that my build make me have motion sickness. :00555: 

7 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

I have only use them for raids last few weeks.  Mainly the internet lag is quite bad.  Last night was so bad that my build make me have motion sickness. :00555: 

They are amazing, if you can get an ally with an exposive weapon to take off armour pieces the combo is disgusting >:)

Caucasus makes me...

think its the Annihilators fat brother ,a sad drone that never learned to fly.

:1_100_100:

I have 2 but i found em very boring long time ago.

5 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Caucasus makes me...

think its the Annihilators fat brother ,a sad drone that never learned to fly.

:1_100_100:

I have 2 but i found em very boring long time ago.

Mmm, I don't find them any less boring than using drones, machine guns, tsunamis.. i think the most fun builds are the super close range ones, but if you get satisfaction out of melting your opponents and being totally underestimated.. caucasus is the way to go :D

3.png

• Upvote 1

What about that screencap?

Has no value to me, those points.

But yes, atleast caucasus is bit more down to earth, and shoots bullets,not in example plasma crap.

One thing it needs is far better sound. Yes ,that matters :biggrin:

And yes, its close-r quarter battle weapon, which is cool too.

But i sure would like to see ingenuinity in use of em as "all" seem to sandwhiched between tracks, in builds that "all" look the same, which is a major bore. 

But hey, i aint against em at all, to me they just are big,clumsy and boring. And i find similar weapon shooting locking missiles fun, so who am i to blame others.

2 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

What about that screencap?

Has no value to me, those points.

But yes, atleast caucasus is bit more down to earth, and shoots bullets,not in example plasma crap.

One thing it needs is far better sound. Yes ,that matters :biggrin:

And yes, its close-r quarter battle weapon, which is cool too.

But i sure would like to see ingenuinity in use of em as "all" seem to sandwhiched between tracks, in builds that "all" look the same, which is a major bore. 

But hey, i aint against em at all, to me they just are big,clumsy and boring. And i find similar weapon shooting locking missiles fun, so who am i to blame others.

Screen cap shows that I'm consistently MVP and getting highest kills & damage on top of that, it's a great weapon, and the build im using isn't some dull cookie cutter build, i came up with an optimised leg build that tanks like a beast and dishes it out too :D 

Yeah it does need better sound, something a bit more chonky.. but the quiet squeeky sound means people ignore it and underestimate it >:)

leggy.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alice_Accord said:

leggy.png

Haha, looks like a hand, u miss one more leg

Caucasi are the only AI weapons i like, no cowardly playstyle involved, mostly. And it's fun to punish naked builds 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZeusssS said:

Haha, looks like a hand, u miss one more leg

Caucasi are the only AI weapons i like, no cowardly playstyle involved, mostly. And it's fun to punish naked builds 

AI weapons have change so much over time.  They are mainly support weapons which you do need a good sense of when and where to use.

Air drone are so weak now days, you only need to look at them and they are gone.  Too many players build them too close together and they do get taken out fast. They used to able to target part of a build, which make them very OP.  Good thing now player can pick which target to shoot.  I don't know why they can't shoot mines in raids.  A bug? Or that is intentional?    

Wheel drones get lost and often blocked your own build. Their reaction are slower than I like. 

Turrets works well still. 

A good way to play them is not to have a single type only on a build.  Mix and march on a light fast weak build or a heavy high HP build be good.

36 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

leggy.png

Nice build. :good:

• Like 1

That thing looks cool. Don’t let the hater bring you down, if your having fun that is all that counts.

• Like 3

I read the first post and thought: meh, tried them a lot and they got shot off too ez.

Saw the build and: well, ... well, yap. ok. :D

Nice one. Gonna try that.

Which cabin btw?

9500 ps? No offense, I would love facing such a build in pvp; even though it looks kind of cool. 

I see a big problem: your build is slow, and your caucasus dont have very much range even with a good radar.... those 2 dont add up and you wont be fast enought to get the range you want when you face other good players in pvp... they will probably pick you off or break your lock on with a cloack and dry **** your booty from another angle if they have a brain :) 

I bought caucasus as an investment when I was low level and needed to just grind for coins to get cw ready, but I dont think it has a firm place at the higher power levels. 
The build might be tanky, and you say it dishes it out also; but that would be mainly the bots driving in a straight line towards you getting close to you or some idiot players who have no clue about range. I cant call it that much optimized with the combination of slow speed and bad range, just saying ;)  
To me the screenshot doesnt tell much about the optimized build; I just cant think about the bad quality of opponents when you get beaten by such a "thing" from the adams family... 

47 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

I read the first post and thought: meh, tried them a lot and they got shot off too ez.

Saw the build and: well, ... well, yap. ok. :D

Nice one. Gonna try that.

Which cabin btw?

Spooder cabin

18 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Theres something abour facing an odd build that works.  Gotta respect creativity.

Yeah, I love seeing stuff like this, on either team, in with the Shotgun Wedges, and Sideways Hovers.  it makes that Mission that much less grindy for me.

A friend of mine^

12 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Theres something abour facing an odd build that works.. Theres a guy on xbox who has an incinerator, draco and skinner on legs, the skinner is in the back.. 

You get too close you get skinnered and flung around until the draco can hit you.. Wierd build but its oddly affective against anything lighter than themselves.. Gotta respect creativity

I know, and I like that a lot actually; that is why I respect deathawk216/btf for making the punisher viable in top clanwars when everybody is telling each other it is not a suited weapon or far from being a meta kind of weapon. It does take some skill driving blind and shooting/stripping behind you creating pressure and luring/baiting enemies under stres; I like that very much. They even f up heavy builds with a clanwar build which only has 1 retcher :) 
I think its this creativity which drives most of the game. 

You mention a weird build, trying to picture it in my head but it must be creative then. It is still  a build on legs with a bit of limited range; so even though bigrams arent that super; I think I might pick those because I favour speed over the durability in such cases. A friend of mine ( who was excited about your blight build also ) made himself a pure incinerator build with just 1 cloack; 2 chicken legs in the back ( bigrams ) and he plays his incenerators the most agressive I have seen; even pushing people back in the fire puddle with his stuff and being very effective getting mvps and 3000+ scores easily, that odd combination always makes me laugh so hard when I see him in the battles. That build looks absolutly weird to me also, I call it chicken legs for a reason; and then seeing him racing around in that thing..... whahahaha man.... 

Most often the problem with those builds actually is: at the start of the match you see the name of your opponent and the ps next to him telling you basicly what you need to know in order to win the game by which tactics or who the highest priority enemies are. 
I am just sharing my point of view from a tactical persepctive as most often such builds are capable of surprising you once; but then you know the limitations and hard counters. and the caucasus lock is just 2 easy to counter in my opinion and with a lack of speed its very hard to chase down your enemy for another good lock on.

Do you have a screenshot or pic from that weird draco build? 

6 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

if you get satisfaction out of melting your opponents and being totally underestimated.. caucasus is the way to go :D

3.png

This kind of attitude is giving me the most satisfaction in Crossout lately. I love finding ways of making under appreciated weapons work for me. I love seeing players ignore my build because it doesn’t look like a threat.

I still say Phoenixes are one of the best sleeper weapons (but no longer cheap because of the event), but I have started to see some surprisingly powerful Caucasus builds that are getting me interested in trying them. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Theres something abour facing an odd build that works.. Theres a guy on xbox who has an incinerator, draco and skinner on legs, the skinner is in the back.. 

You get too close you get skinnered and flung around until the draco can hit you.. Wierd build but its oddly affective against anything lighter than themselves.. Gotta respect creativity

I was playing an incinerator/remedy build last week, and I was surprised at how effective it was. Seems like enemies spot you lobbing incinerator cans, and try to come at you with close range thinking you are defenceless, and then you roast their face as soon as they try close in on you. They sure act surprised!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I'm gonna rebuild my old alligator build, it was surprisingly effective.

Just now, Bonkers247 said:

I'm gonna rebuild my old alligator build, it was surprisingly effective.

Alligator?

6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Alligator?

Yep, 2 harvester's, 1 Skinner, 4 legs. 

IMG_20200521_155643~2.jpg

Edited by Bonkers247
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Xbox_M_422 said:

The emitter booster makes helios into a melting machine, yet no one seems to have noticed

...ish.  I noticed, even though I'm getting out of Lasers, and Plasma Emitters, it kinda works, but has the same disadvantages of other Mid-Range DPS fighting styles:  

You basically have to stay exposed, or stop DPSing and take cover/cloak up.  Unless you have something like Aegis, or Barrier, you're as vulnerable as the enemy is to your fire, and half the time you're the one that's out-numbered.  

I made it work, but I had to, and I pretty much depended on everyone playing dumb.

1 hour ago, zengerz66 said:

9500 ps? No offense, I would love facing such a build in pvp; even though it looks kind of cool. 

I see a big problem: your build is slow, and your caucasus dont have very much range even with a good radar.... those 2 dont add up and you wont be fast enought to get the range you want when you face other good players in pvp... they will probably pick you off or break your lock on with a cloack and dry **** your booty from another angle if they have a brain :) 

I bought caucasus as an investment when I was low level and needed to just grind for coins to get cw ready, but I dont think it has a firm place at the higher power levels. 
The build might be tanky, and you say it dishes it out also; but that would be mainly the bots driving in a straight line towards you getting close to you or some idiot players who have no clue about range. I cant call it that much optimized with the combination of slow speed and bad range, just saying ;)  
To me the screenshot doesnt tell much about the optimized build; I just cant think about the bad quality of opponents when you get beaten by such a "thing" from the adams family... 

Fortunately people don't seem to have brains, this build is also MAD tanky.. like insanely tanky.. you can take cannon round after cannon round to the face and just keep going, it's pretty effective as a build, and once you understand how to use it well, it dominates.

The build itself is designed around the philosophy of having every angle covered by atleast 1 leg to take the damage, then after the legs get blown up they have to work on each individual gun, so on the front facing side you have 3500hp from the legs, 500hp from front armour pieces, 1200 hp from the guns, and then finally the 1000ish hp from the rest of the build, so it's about 6000hp if you just go forward marching, you can also rotate it and take hits on the back left and right legs if you start losing parts too quickly :) the guns are fusioned for 5% more damage each, and it's equipped with an engine and a cloak, so it's pretty nippy for a leg build, as long as you dont get flanked and wrecked early on in the game it tends to mop up nicely! :)