Alice_Accord

Caucasus makes me....

8 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I was playing an incinerator/remedy build last week, and I was surprised at how effective it was. Seems like enemies spot you lobbing incinerator cans, and try to come at you with close range thinking you are defenceless, and then you roast their face as soon as they try close in on you. They sure act surprised!

I love this idea! yes, bait them in!.

Another thing i was considering doing is an intentionally flipped build, so people come in close tryna shoot you whilst you're on your back, then you flip over and dash at them.. cheeky >:)

4 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I get the opposite, ill be in my little buggy and all the massive builds are so desperate to try and go for the easier looking kill, its funny when they realise the dps of 3 boosted helios.. Or dual retchers when you fire bsckwards at a braindead dog build

Haha, that’s been my approach the last couple weeks. I’m making fast exposed cabin monster trucks with very little durability, but using higher powered guns. 
I’m finding it a trickier strategy to pull off, but having lots of fun. 

6 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Just lick your targets.. Its awesome.. God firbid they have an open bastion or other cabin.. 

BossyLinearAsiaticmouflon-size_restricte

Oh yeah, they still melt Bastions.  That's under players playing dumb.  A lot of Bastion Sandwiches don't realize that that plow makes for a nice big target for Energy/Heat weapons.

I'm just saying, you get more bonus damage out of Heat/Photon than you do out of Plasma Booster.  Basically, all it did was free up 2 Energy (Compared with a 4x Helios, or Prometheus build) for Accessories, and stuff.  It's really nice to have a decent Engine, and Radar Detector.

The loss in DPS is negligible, but it's still there.  It's not a net gain, because you can't use that extra energy for more Dakka.  You can use it to replace 2 of your guns with 2 Porcupines, or an Incinerator, though.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Oh yeah, they still melt Bastions.  That's under players playing dumb.  A lot of Bastion Sandwiches don't realize that that plow makes for a nice big target for Energy/Heat weapons.

I'm just saying, you get more bonus damage out of Heat/Photon than you do out of Plasma Booster.  Basically, all it did was free up 2 Energy (Compared with a 4x Helios, or Prometheus build) for Accessories, and stuff.  It's really nice to have a decent Engine, and Radar Detector.

The loss in DPS it negligible, but it's still there.  It's not a net gain, because you can't use that extra energy for more Dakka.  You can use it to replace 2 of your guns with 2 Porcupines, or an Incinerator, though.

Mmmm Juicy Bastions >:)

5 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

I love this idea! yes, bait them in!.

Another thing i was considering doing is an intentionally flipped build, so people come in close tryna shoot you whilst you're on your back, then you flip over and dash at them.. cheeky >:)

Funny you should say that: I was finding that my dumb monster trucks were flipping all the time, so I started putting a car jack in some of them. A flipped car attracts enemies like flies, and I have caught a few by surprise. 
Also made low PS junkbow build that was flipping way too easily, but then I realized I could use the recoil to flip myself on my wheels again. That’s a sneaky move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Funny you should say that: I was finding that my dumb monster trucks were flipping all the time, so I started putting a car jack in some of them. A flipped car attracts enemies like flies, and I have caught a few by surprise. 
Also made low PS junkbow build that was flipping way too easily, but then I realized I could use the recoil to flip myself on my wheels again. That’s a sneaky move.

It could be a solid strategy.. I mean.. it's one used in nature and it's pretty effective.. imagine having an underslung Skinner & some Remedies, waiting for someone to come in close, get baited.. you harpoon them, flip over, having taken any damage on your SUPER tanky structural parts, and then just going ham on them with remedies.. I think it could be fun, worst case scenario.. you flip over and just.. run away xD

Edited by Alice_Accord
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Right, i'm doing it, im gunna build it and make a youtube video :D

10 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Yeah, Reaper is really good for this, if it's placed high enough.  The usual (Meta) build has them in front of the cabin with a slice of armor on top, and usually Plows in front.  I used to jack myself back up on my Small Tracks with Rapiers, too.

Edited by psiberzerker

2 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Fortunately people don't seem to have brains, this build is also MAD tanky.. like insanely tanky.. you can take cannon round after cannon round to the face and just keep going, it's pretty effective as a build, and once you understand how to use it well, it dominates.

The build itself is designed around the philosophy of having every angle covered by atleast 1 leg to take the damage, then after the legs get blown up they have to work on each individual gun, so on the front facing side you have 3500hp from the legs, 500hp from front armour pieces, 1200 hp from the guns, and then finally the 1000ish hp from the rest of the build, so it's about 6000hp if you just go forward marching, you can also rotate it and take hits on the back left and right legs if you start losing parts too quickly :) the guns are fusioned for 5% more damage each, and it's equipped with an engine and a cloak, so it's pretty nippy for a leg build, as long as you dont get flanked and wrecked early on in the game it tends to mop up nicely! :)

hahaa indeed, that is something which is quite obvious sometimes. I think a goliath caucasus build also is such an example even though your build is far more creative. In this game you can beat almost all stuff with a brain. In this game a brain will help you more than basic skills. 

I myself prefer speed and evasivenes over tankyness. better to take no shot at all and do dmg yourself. 

The build itself looks cool, nothing to say about that and its why I mentioned the funny thing about thing from adams family; only combined with the caucasus isnt what I like so much even though the weapons choice doesnt matter as much to decent players. Im maybe looking a bit more from a performance/perfectionist critical viewpoint than from a creative point ;) 
I cant help but to immediatly think about a cricket or flute build on wheels or something facing that spider... the flutes would be coming from above on top of the caucasus. I would ignore the legs and I imagine other players would try to bypass their durability also.

I like the build, but not the caucasus as they themselves limit you in tactic ability due to ai. 

4 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Mine is very low height, which means they usually hit the plow when trying to hit my cab from the front which gives me more dps time if i pick the right target 

I have resorted to plows in the front, but it looks much better without. Tried putting a lacerated low on the frame, and had some success, but monster trucks really wanna climb cars. Maybe I should put a mauler pointing down under my cabin and see if I can make it work.

I’m glad that you still get resources when you lose, because at least I’m still grinding while trying these silly experiments.

6 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

hahaa indeed, that is something which is quite obvious sometimes. I think a goliath caucasus build also is such an example even though your build is far more creative. In this game you can beat almost all stuff with a brain. In this game a brain will help you more than basic skills. 

I myself prefer speed and evasivenes over tankyness. better to take no shot at all and do dmg yourself. 

The build itself looks cool, nothing to say about that and its why I mentioned the funny thing about thing from adams family; only combined with the caucasus isnt what I like so much even though the weapons choice doesnt matter as much to decent players. Im maybe looking a bit more from a performance/perfectionist critical viewpoint than from a creative point ;) 
I cant help but to immediatly think about a cricket or flute build on wheels or something facing that spider... the flutes would be coming from above on top of the caucasus. I would ignore the legs and I imagine other players would try to bypass their durability also.

I like the build, but not the caucasus as they themselves limit you in tactic ability due to ai. 

Mmm you're right, it does have some weaknesses, but fortunately, the beauty of creative unexpected builds is that people dont know how to counter them :) 
Crickets are only really a problem if they are at range, but with this build and any leggy build you wanna dart from cover point to cover point and try to follow your wheeled buddies in, there is something super satisfying about being last man standing with about 5000+hp left on your build against 3-4 people and still winning >:)

6 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I wish my platform had more variety.. It gets real boring, there's almost no one driving nice looking builds, its mostly just tryhards who you know try too hard to actually be having fun.. 

I guess you’re on Xbox? I find on PS4 I see more quirky builds during the off hours (early in the day, late at night). Of course the lower in PS you go, the stranger the creations are, but I assume from your build you’re well aware of it. 

3 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Mmm you're right, it does have some weaknesses, but fortunately, the beauty of creative unexpected builds is that people dont know how to counter them :) 
Crickets are only really a problem if they are at range, but with this build and any leggy build you wanna dart from cover point to cover point and try to follow your wheeled buddies in, there is something super satisfying about being last man standing with about 5000+hp left on your build against 3-4 people and still winning >:)

yes and unexpected builds are perfectly able to being countered; but not if the opponents have a lack of brain which is unfortunalty usually the case without disrespect... it is what it is. Probably the same reason why lots of players just copy an exhibition build instead of mastering their craft themselves perfecting it. wWithout a proper brain it probably isnt that consistently possible what you are pulling off :) 

yeah I understand, at range someone with decent aim just lands his volleys on you from a good angle; and knowing your build and tankyness would also probably prioritize you as a target knowing you would do too much damage if you survive for too long.... I tend to prioritize dangerous players in the opponent team because I want to win ( also because they are the most fun/rewarding to play against). 
I do get the point for sure, and its satisfying and fun at the same time if you pull off those things on a regular basis.

creativity (and a good sense of prediction) can get you indeed very satisfying results if you make them work and create such situations having yourself (and friends) a massive laugh while playing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

The emitter booster makes helios into a melting machine, yet no one seems to have noticed

HeavyOrdinaryFox-size_restricted.gif

no one noticed because we are not a seal clubber.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

no one noticed because we are not a seal clubber.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah where does that come from? 

explain all of us what is so seal clubbing about that build please :) 

53 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

At 8k last nigh around 2am we faced the same 4 man squad 6 times in a row, we were just a 2 man squad and had the most stupud random 2 teammates each time.. Having to carry 2 mega potatoes each game gets boring real fast, especially when the others just run mine spam with copy paste wedges etc.. 

Its real sad

Ok, but that’s just because you got locked in a loop against one group. If you changed which mission you were playing you’d see other stuff. Although at 8000ps, you are right that most people stick to proven strategies. I’m talking lower PS than that, if you want to see variety. 

But maybe XBox players are more conservative?

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

The emitter booster makes helios into a melting machine, yet no one seems to have noticed

I noticed. Figthing a helios build that has power module is like fighting against mgs, but with about twice the damage of each shot. The plasma spam is real.

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

My 10491 triple helios clubs the 15k opponents it gets pretty often :( im so mean

381de9f8-b30e-4bac-8ed7-f9adc8039094.PNG

hahahaha clubbing them opponent seals to death, he maybe intended to say something like that. 

I was just wondering why the need to call a build with blight + helios at kinda max ps a sealclubbing build :014j:

anddddd another one.. honestly, those nay sayers of my building ability because it's not a cookie cutter track build.. you guys know nothing! :)

2321321.png

23 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

Screen cap shows that I'm consistently MVP and getting highest kills & damage on top of that, it's a great weapon, and the build im using isn't some dull cookie cutter build, i came up with an optimised leg build that tanks like a beast and dishes it out too :D 

Yeah it does need better sound, something a bit more chonky.. but the quiet squeeky sound means people ignore it and underestimate it >:)

leggy.png

True, it sounds like a kitten, far from intimidating .

So you too take screencaps of mvp's. I do it too, and on rainy days i look at them to feel that its still worth to be alive :015_2::lol:

• Like 1

Okok, I've upgraded it, better armour coverage, separation of turrets so they dont get blown off together, doing testing runs, it's a little higher in PS now, but it's working like a charm >:)

Upgrades.png

• Like 4

1052719670_screenshot-200513-145644(-353920804460_screenshot-200516-164325(894-1

I have like, 50 games in my caucasus build.

Edited by xcai35

14 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

Okok, I've upgraded it, better armour coverage, separation of turrets so they dont get blown off together, doing testing runs, it's a little higher in PS now, but it's working like a charm >:)

Upgrades.png

lol...until you meet wheel drones and turrets??  Can the gun shoot down?   This is the for and against...:002:

Nice looking build.:good:

1 hour ago, ChopChopChop said:

lol...until you meet wheel drones and turrets??  Can the gun shoot down?   This is the for and against...:002:

Nice looking build.:good:

Yes, you have to remember that maps aren't a flat surface, they all have bumps and hills all over the place, you just have to be tactical about where you place yourself to get line of sight, drones and turrets aren't an issue, the whole build is surrounded by legs, the way they shoot is only directly at the cabin so they always hit the legs, and at 900ish hp each.. it takes a really long time for them to really do anything.

The only major threat to this build I've found is ramp shotguns.. anything else you can usually deal with