Alice_Accord

Crossout - How to build the best vehicle you can, using real world Engineering

Recommended Posts

So Crossout is actually very similar to real world Engineering in that it's about problem solving with different techniques and resources.

The trick to building a good solid build is to cover all angles, it's an engineering problem and requires engineering design solutions, where are you going to be facing the enemy most, what parts by mass will provide the most protection to that area, how will you use the vehicle you've created.. lots of questions go into optimising a build.

Funnily enough Engineering comes into this game a hell of a lot, the design process goes like this, I want to beat hovers that use spaced armour, what's the best way?:

 

 

  1. What is the problem? 
    Hover builds with spaced armour
  2. What are the perimeters of how you can solve it? (how much energy/ps/parts do you have available?)
    I play at about 10k PS, this means I can get 15-16 energy to solve the problem, the parts I will have to look at are in my storage
  3. What's currently being done to solve that problem AKA Research? - Exhibition/youtube videos on how to beat different builds
    Close range shotgun builds, long range sniper builds, Grenade launchers, Annihilators.
  4. What resources do you have available to solve that problem or improve on existing solutions? - finding a build or going from scratch and working around it.
    I've found a bunch of builds that work pretty well, however I want to design something off the cuff, but I'll think about using what i learned.
  5. Throw together a bunch of ideas, including crazy ones that might solve the problem.
    Idea 1: Annihilators wheeled
    Idea 2: Caucasus legged
    Idea 3: Incinerators & Kapkan on wheels
    Idea 4: Kapkan + single chord machine gun, 2 Aegis shields and a barrier, on hovers(meme build) 
  6. Break down the pros and cons of each idea.
    Idea 1: Expensive coin cost, drones can die easily, weak to machine guns and shotguns - shoots cabin directly, reduces enemy mobility, lightning fast mobility.
    Idea 2: Heavy, slow and low mobility, only shoots at cabin, might struggle if the enemy rotates their build - Tanky, deals high damage, if the enemy doesn't rotate their build they will die fast.
    Idea 3: Bad close range damage, needs to get in close to use kapkan, lightly armoured - Kapkan will remove hover builds mobility, spaced armour doesn't work against incinerators, fire.. everyone loves fire.
    Idea 4: Basically no damage, on hovers so lightly armoured, will be tough to reach 10k PS, meme build - Lots and lots of barriers, high mobility, kapkan removes hovers mobility, imagine the salt.
  7. Decide on the optimal idea.
    Based on the pros and cons of each, I've opted to go with the meme build because the level of salt achieved by destroying peoples 10k + PS hover builds will be an exponentially better result than using any other proven method.
  8. Prototype and test.
    Great, the barriers stay up pretty much permanently as long as I keep moving, I managed to blow up some bots in the garage.
  9. Recall from testing and optimise the design, change part locations to fill gaps.
    Seems solid, nothing to change yet, let's try it.
  10. Using the solution to solve the problem - Feedback.
    In combat it failed, the barriers didn't stay up all the time, a shotgun build got under me, I didn't farm any salt, only from my allies, i died a lot.. 
  11. Possible solutions to encountered problems?
    Back to phase one of the design process, new problem: how to make 1 chord viable for farming salt - secondary problem hover builds with spaced armour.

Anddddddd yeah, just do this and then you're officially a certified Crossout Engineer, then you just repeat the process over and over and enjoy Crossout :)

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

lol, another hover hater thread.

interestingly, you go on to say

that if we conform to your view of the game,

then, we are an 'officially certified' crossout engineer!!

as opposed to using all the parts provided, 

by those who... actually make the game.

 

i reckon you, and people like you are just bad players.

here's why

you dont play hovers because you're not good with them

dont give me that BS about game balance

if they were that good, everyone would be using them.

you stay at lower powerscores because you get beaten at higher ones

and you want your builds to look nice, 

because thats just about all you have left.

 

Woahhhhhhhhh nelly.. damn you have a chip on your shoulder!

I picked spaced armour hovers because i think it's an interesting challenge to face.. lol I could have picked any build but i thought that one would be the best.. this isn't a hover build rant post haha!

This post is about drawing similarities between real world engineering solutions and Crossout.. lmao.. you nutter.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Lmao, why did you delete your post.. you fool.

because i didnt want to spend all day typing.

idiot.

 

and btw, when you write stuff like this

"What is the problem? 
Hover builds with spaced armour''

 

its an anti hover thread

Edited by xWlLL0Wx
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alice_Accord said:

Mhmm :015:

this is how dumb you are,

if i'd have left my post in, as it was,

i'd have to reply to responses

thats what i wanted to avoid...

 

its better to sit outside...

 

do you get it now?

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

this is how dumb you are,

if i'd have left my post in, as it was,

i'd have to reply to responses

thats what i wanted to avoid...

 

its better to sit outside...

 

do you get it now?

 

You're actually insane, thanks for coming into my thread that i took a long time to write, completely undermining it and then pulling out of it when you get called out for being a douche.

I hope you're happy with yourself :/ you are a bad person.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any real-world engineering here.  I mean yeah, I guess you use your brain, and problem solving, but no more than you would to make a sandwich with what's in the fridge.  

Make that a tasty sandwich.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

You're actually insane, thanks for coming into my thread that i took a long time to write, completely undermining it and then pulling out of it when you get called out for being a douche.

I hope you're happy with yourself :/ you are a bad person.

okay then, i'll bite.

i stand by everything i said in my first post.

this is an anti hover thread, 

and you are one of the many **** poor players

bleating on about the parts you dont like.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

okay then, i'll bite.

i stand by everything i said in my first post.

this is an anti hover thread, 

and you are one of the many **** poor players

bleating on about the parts you dont like.

You're still a bad person, you, who ever you are behind that keyboard, you came in here and you took my hard work apart just so you could make your day a little bit brighter.. you should take a good long think about the person you want to be in life.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I don't see any real-world engineering here.  I mean yeah, I guess you use your brain, and problem solving, but no more than you would to make a sandwich with what's in the fridge.  

Make that a tasty sandwich.  

I'm an Engineer and there are a lot of parallels that can be drawn in this game :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

erm, if you remember,

i deleted my post

if you'd left it alone instead of trying to make yourself out to be smart

no one would have seen my post, 

and your thread would be clean and tidy at this point

but it was you.....

who decided to to engage when you could have left it alone.

 

you undermined your own thread by being a smartarse

and this is what you get.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

erm, if you remember,

i deleted my post

if you'd left it alone instead of trying to make yourself out to be smart

no one would have seen my post, 

and your thread would be clean and tidy at this point

but it was you.....

who decided to to engage when you could have left it alone.

 

you undermined your own thread by being a smartarse

and this is what you get.

 

Yep, I'm a bad person too

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

erm, if you remember,

i deleted my post

if you'd left it alone instead of trying to make yourself out to be smart

no one would have seen my post, 

and your thread would be clean and tidy at this point

but it was you.....

who decided to to engage when you could have left it alone.

 

you undermined your own thread by being a smartarse

and this is what you get.

 

This is called Gaslighting, you might wanna look it up, it's a really terrible thing to do.. it's a form of psychological abuse.

Don't do it.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

This is called Gaslighting, you might wanna look it up, it's a really terrible thing to do.. it's a form of psychological abuse.

Don't do it.

and thats a straw man. 

taking something that you thought up

attributing it to someone else

then arguing against it.

 

no one was gaslighting you.

my post had been deleted,

you brought it back up and used it to throw insults at me.

so i responded. and you got what you deserved

 

now.....  you can either carry this on....

or

you can leave it alone.

its entirely your choice.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

This is called Gaslighting, you might wanna look it up, it's a really terrible thing to do.. it's a form of psychological abuse.

Even if I disagre with his methods of argumentation (or lack thereof) this is the internet my dude, where psychological abuse and death threats are a penny in a dozen, just don't turn yourself a victim and you will be fine. If you let things get to you you are never going to hear the end of it.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

 this is the internet my dude, where psychological abuse and death threats are a penny in a dozen, just don't turn yourself a victim and you will be fine. If you let things get to you you are never going to hear the end of it.

very good advice there.

happy 10,000th

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

very good advice there.

happy 10,000th

Thanks and OH YEAH, I stopped playing right at my 10.000th battle... NICE! Thanks!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Even if I disagre with his methods of argumentation (or lack thereof) this is the internet my dude, where psychological abuse and death threats are a penny in a dozen, just don't turn yourself a victim and you will be fine. If you let things get to you you are never going to hear the end of it.

Good advice lucashc :) I'm never the victim, i just try to educate those i encounter, if you're a bad person on the internet, you're a bad person in your core.. it's what we do when we are unaccountable for our actions that define us!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your threads! Keep them coming!


 

Also, is there an ignore button on this site so I don’t have to read the endless hover whining from that small crew of crybabies and their alt accounts (I’m including both the pro and anti hover factions. They both need to calm down, or they need a sub forum specifically for that dumb debate)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

They both need to calm down, or they need a sub forum specifically for that dumb debate.

LOL!  +1.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I like your threads! Keep them coming!

yup, there is thought behind it instead of the usual degenerate and complaining stuff we have to plough through hahahaha!! kind of a breath of fresh air. 

And maybe just to balance things out; add: 'massive spider builds with spaced armor' to the "what is the problem part" even though it is just an example :p:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.