Bobbill12345

Make mandrakes' damage increase with the projectiles travel time

I think they have enough perks as it is, already.  You think making them even more like Auto-cannons will keep players from using them as Auto-cannons?

Maybe they should buff other Auto-cannons, so Mandrakes aren't the best.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I think they have enough perks as it is, already.  You think making them even more like Auto-cannons will keep players from using them as Auto-cannons?

Maybe they should buff other Auto-cannons, so Mandrakes aren't the best.

????????????????????
Since when are mandrakes comparable to autocannons
I remember why I blocked you

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Since when are mandrakes comparable to autocannons.

All right, Burst Cannons, then.  That's an Auto-cannon perk.  You know this.

They already have enough perks, and enough damage.  They don't need a perk to give them more damage.  That's not how you make something that's already overpowered less overpowered.  

Also, in normal mode (Which tilted Mandrakes can still do) the hang-time is exactly the same, every burst.

7 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

I remember why I blocked you

For agreeing with you.  Again.  You don't want me to agree with you, or argue with you?

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

Hmm I don't think this is a good idea tbh,  you take out horizontal drakes to give people a chance to make a lucky instakill  from spawn A to spawn B

9 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Hmm I don't think this is a good idea tbh,  you take out horizontal drakes to give people a chance to make a lucky instakill  from spawn A to spawn B

Agreed. They already do heavy damage.

6 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

To fix horizontal drakes

Sounds good.

I guess the idea would be to make them do less damage unless the projectiles have been flying for the duration of a second (or so, has to be short anyway since even regular drake shots don't fly very long).

• Upvote 1

I'm very weary of indirect fire weapons being anything other than a gimmick. Getting annihilated by someone you can't see who is behind a mountain gets old quick. M224/UCAV/M142 from BF4, Arty from WoT, Aircraft carriers from WoWS. Etc. Mandrakes would need a severe damage nerf if they got the Cricket's perk.

• Upvote 1

lol i think y'all didn't get. This would easily make horizontal drakes useless if implemented right.

Imagine the projectiles doing almost no damage unless they have been in the air for more than 1 second.

But i'm not concerned enough about horizontal drakes, i don't play cw, and in the regular pvp madness they don't play much of a role.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

Obviously you would reduce base damage

12 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

I guess the idea would be to make them do less damage unless the projectiles have been flying for the duration of a second (or so, has to be short anyway since even regular drake shots don't fly very long).

Not nessesarily, just give them flute perk

4 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

lol i think y'all didn't get. This would easily make horizontal drakes useless if implemented right.

Titling them doesn't eliminate their regular mode of fire.  They just give you the ability to direct fire, when the enemy gets close.  You can still hit people clear across the map, for full damage with them, so it wouldn't make them "Useless."  They'd still be able to point blank you, even for less damage, when a normal mandrake can't shoot at all.

Just now, psiberzerker said:

Titling them doesn't eliminate their regular mode of fire.  They just give you the ability to direct fire, when the enemy gets close.  You can still hit people clear across the map, for full damage with them, so it wouldn't make them "Useless."  They'd still be able to point blank you, even for less damage, when a normal mandrake can't shoot at all.

Tilted drakes don't have as much range as normal drakes plus much less travel time at max range

1 minute ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Tilted drakes don't have as much range as normal drakes plus much less travel time at max range

I guess it depends on the tilt, and the position.  I use hills to level myself out at long range, and I'm not the only one.  (Granted, not all maps have hills you can use, but a lot do.)  

Again, even without as much damage, being able to shoot point blank is better than being helpless when they get too close.  

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I guess it depends on the tilt, and the position.  I use hills to level myself out at long range, and I'm not the only one.  (Granted, not all maps have hills you can use, but a lot do.)  

Again, even without as much damage, being able to shoot point blank is better than being helpless when they get too close.  

Not really because now when you shoot point blank you don't one shot obliterate people

Said this before, but no perk based on travel time, I can already think of a few ways to exploit that. Also no damage increase for vertical ones, they do hurt if you have the right equipment and experience. But... add a massive shockwave based on high reached with each shot, which kind of works like a pineapple grenade, just that it only pushes stuff over in some kind of invisible no-damage spike projectile explosion. Boom real arty with an impact.

That is how quite a few modern artilleries in real life work as well, totally allowing for horizontal fire in defense situations, just with a weaker blast cos...ya you don't want to recoil for a few hundred meters.

4 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Not really because now when you shoot point blank you don't one shot obliterate people

Okay?  But you can still shoot them.  Still being able to shoot them, even if you can't "One shot obliterate them," is better than not being able to shoot them at all.

22 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

To fix horizontal drakes

its the damage that they have now 

that easily kills us....

how is giving them extra damage at range

going to solve that?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

its the damage that they have now 

that easily kills us....

how is giving them extra damage at range

going to solve that?

By reducing their base damage and making their damage increase with range, they become only viable at range and not as a shotgun

• Upvote 2