Jiffy_boi

A simple suggestion to balance hovers

1 minute ago, Jiffy_boi said:

But if they become the endgame part, what will happen to CW? Power score isn’t a concern there, and hovers might become the only viable movement part.

This would be a change from how it already is?  Nothing would happen to Clan Wars, it's already dominated by Hovers, and counter-hover (Dog) builds.  They'd just have to leave off the Colossus to Seal Club.  Without the Colossus, a stripped down Hover doesn't brake, and turn well enough to dominate lower Power Scores.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

This would be a change from how it already is?  Nothing would happen to Clan Wars, it's already dominated by Hovers, and counter-hover (Dog) builds.  They'd just have to leave off the Colossus to Seal Club.  Without the Colossus, a stripped down Hover doesn't brake, and turn well enough to dominate lower Power Scores.

And that is why I want an actual nerf on hovers. It would fix both CW and missions to some degree, and have lasting effects. A PS change would eventually have less effect as more and more high PS parts got added.

edit: here’s an example. That new Relic fuel tank launcher will make it so that more people use relics, meaning that non-hover builds have higher PS and are closer to matchmaking with hovers.

Edited by Jiffy_boi
To clarify
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

And that is why I want an actual nerf on hovers. It would fix both CW and missions to some degree, and have lasting effects. A PS change would eventually have less effect as more and more high PS parts got added.

I honestly don't mind so much if competitive players use the best parts in competition.  Hovers are the best movement parts, hands down, and no amount of nerfs are going to change the fact that they freaking Fly.

The real problem is players DLing top tier builds to stomp all over players that can't afford to win with their wallets.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, psiberzerker said:

I honestly don't mind so much is competitive players use the best parts in competition.  Hovers are the best movement parts, hands down, and no amount of nerfs are going to change the fact that they freaking Fly.

The real problem is players DLing top tier builds to stomp all over players that can't afford to win with their wallets.

That’s another problem I have with crossout. The whole system of the exhibition actively reduces the variety and gives more people access to meta builds. If the removed the download function and only allowed players to like and test drive builds, the exhibition would still serve its function: showing off players’ builds. Sure, it would still be possible to recreate exhibition builds by rebuilding them, but it would basically remove the copy-paste aspect that only meta chasers benefit from. Also, how many people are willing to recreate a build bit-for-bit? There are plenty of lazy players.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

That’s another problem I have with crossout. The whole system of the exhibition actively reduces the variety and gives more people access to meta builds. If the removed the download function and only allowed players to like and test drive builds, the exhibition would still serve its function: showing off players’ builds. Sure, it would still be possible to recreate exhibition builds by rebuilding them, but it would basically remove the copy-paste aspect that only meta chasers benefit from. Also, how many people are willing to recreate a build bit-for-bit? There are plenty of lazy players.

+1.  You can maybe re-create the outside, superficially, and I've done that.  However, it doesn't re-create the inner workings, like where the Explosives are kept.  I actually take advantage of that, because the C&P builds invariably have their Frames, Generators, and Ammo Boxes in the same place, and I spend a lot of time in Exhibition, looking for inspiration.  There isn't much in there, as far as different builds, with unique designs, so I end up playing around with a lot of Meta-esque builds, with very little changed internally.  It's funny how you think you've found something new, only to find that under the surface, it's got the exact same layout, right down to the frames.  Even the Rift Boxes, that are wrapped up like presents, so you can reveal it in Test Drive.  9 timres out of 10, I'm not surprised what's underneath those shipping container panels, just from looking at the Parts List.

I digress. You're right, downloading Blueprints off of the Exhibition makes it easy to skip a major part of Crossout:  Building in the Garage.  A lot of players obviously never learn how to actually build a car from scratch, because they don't have to.  So, we end up with 16 Shotgun Wedges with only superficial differences, like Decor.

Edited by psiberzerker

34 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

But if they become the endgame part, what will happen to CW? Power score isn’t a concern there, and hovers might become the only viable movement part. So while PvP got much better, CW would be left in the dust.

Hello

stop trying to troll

Hello

There is no point anymore for not troll

This forum is full of bad players who want things nurf cuz they got buddfuqqed. 

Mimimimi

Buff fkn hovers 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Icarus need to explode when destroyed. Actually shot off Icarus on Hover have no negative effect!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Icarus need to explode when destroyed. Actually shot off Icarus on Hover have no negative effect!

Hello

You need to explode if you went out of bed

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Lebensklinge said:

Hello

You need to explode if you went out of bed

Hello

You should say hello if you went out of bed and saw someone first.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

1 minute ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Hello

You should say hello if you went out of bed and see someone first.

Hello

I do. 

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

+1.  You can maybe re-create the outside, superficially, and I've done that.  However, it doesn't re-create the inner workings, like where the Explosives are kept.  I actually take advantage of that, because the C&P builds invariably have their Frames, Generators, and Ammo Boxes in the same place, and I spend a lot of time in Exhibition, looking for inspiration.  There isn't much in there, as far as different builds, with unique designs, so I end up playing around with a lot of Meta-esque builds, with very little changed internally.  It's funny how you think you've found something new, only to find that under the surface, it's got the exact same layout, right down to the frames.  Even the Rift Boxes, that are wrapped up like presents, so you can reveal it in Test Drive.  9 timres out of 10, I'm not surprised what's underneath those shipping container panels, just from looking at the Parts List.

I digress. You're right, downloading Blueprints off of the Exhibition makes it easy to skip a major part of Crossout:  Building in the Garage.  A lot of players obviously never learn how to actually build a car from scratch, because they don't have to.  So, we end up with 16 Shotgun Wedges with only superficial differences, like Decor.

And it still caters to art builds, as the outside is what matters on those.

• Upvote 1

Remove the antitumble feature, and add something that makes the hover go crazy once you lose one, like it will happen in real life, problem almost solved, at least it will kind of compensate the instant acceleration in all directions

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

And it still caters to art builds, as the outside is what matters on those.

Might make Clash of Engineers less of a Xerox party, too.

12 hours ago, AFluffyBadger said:

When I said a Harpy Accelerates legs faster than a Humpback, I wasn't joking or being ridiculous. Even though legs are capped at 40 km/h which is slower than both Cabs, the Harpy accelerates a bare 4 leg chassis twice as fast as a Humpback will to that 40km/h speed limit despite having 40% as much power. The movement mechanics are outdated **** and they need to be fixed. 

A F1 car accelerates faster than a semi truck :facepalm:

However at some point the F1 car loses the ability to accelerate faster

Put 20k mass on that harpy legged build and see if it accelerates faster now

2 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Todesklinge quit the game please

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Is that why some of them fall into the acid lake after I shoot a few hovers off..due to it having no effect? (Actually had a guy threaten to focus me because of that...one quad corvo burst to his hovers and down he went)

Also, you need to explode when shot. ....oh wait, you already do.

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Also, you need to explode when shot. ....oh wait, you already do.

Yes cause his generator is exposed in front of his cabin

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Yes cause his generator is exposed in front of his cabin

Hello

Attached to both gastanks

Hitting their acceleration would be the best idea, I agree with your suggestion. Currently they only reduce cabin power by a tiny 5%. For reference, each wheel reduces cabin power by around 10-20%. Hovers need to reduce cabin power much more, to counteract the many advantages that were listed. I'm not sure about the number, but making it -15% per hover (-18% for the pack hover) sounds good. With a fix like this, the overall health of the game will improve! That's what everyone should want!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

instead of nerfing hovers

just raise the power score to 860 each.

that way you shouldnt really see them at the ghey....

i mean 'fun' 'nice looking build'  powerscores

5 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

A F1 car accelerates faster than a semi truck :facepalm:

However at some point the F1 car loses the ability to accelerate faster

Put 20k mass on that harpy legged build and see if it accelerates faster now

That is besides the point. Cabin speed affects acceleration even on speed capped parts like legs. A Harpy should not be able to bring 4 legs to 40km/h twice as fast as a Humpback, they have a  40km/h speed cap and total to 80% power drain. Heavy cabs should always out accelerate light cabs as long as their cabin speed is equal to or above the movement part limit. Your F1 car weighs 660 kg while a bobtail semi truck weighs 9100 kg. Stop using bad analogies. The movement mechanics at their core are flawed so everything built on them will ultimately be askew. No amount of tweaking external to those core mechanics will truly 'solve' them. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

Heavy cabs should always out accelerate light cabs as long as their cabin speed is equal to or above the movement part limit...  The movement mechanics at their core are flawed so everything built on them will ultimately be askew. 

Yeah, especially if we could ever argue that any amount of Power could ever make a cargo truck beat a race car off the line.  Pretty much period.  Mass is the most significant factor.  The more mass you have, the more power you need, eponentially.  Double the mass, you need 4x the power...  Triple it, and you need 9 times the power.  10 times the mass takes 100 times the force to accelerate it at the same rate.

Mass(Velocity2)

~Newton.

Edited by psiberzerker

8 hours ago, Azzazel69 said:

something that makes the hover go crazy once you lose one, like it will happen in real life, problem almost solved, at least it will kind of compensate the instant acceleration in all directions

We already had that, you can thank the complainers that thought hovers should be tanky and being able to have like 9 of them on the build for that to not be a thing anymore 

28 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

Your F1 car weighs 660 kg while a bobtail semi truck weighs 9100 kg.

Harpy weighs 800 kg and Humpback weighs 4000 kg, your point?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1