Sign in to follow this  
Alice_Accord

Heat Mechanics?

It basically gives you up to double damage, if the part/s are heated to maximum.  (More with certain Perks.  Mostly Energy weapons.)

Heat mechanics works based on calcination rate. It varies depending on weapons. The funny thing you would think flamethrowers would have the highest calcination rate but it's the complete opposite. The highest calcination rate is 100% where you take double damage from everything. The heat lasts for 10s. 

Incinerators have the fastest calcination rate. Lasers take a little longer but easier to use. Then flamer throwers and porcupines have really high flame damage but slow calcination rate. 

• Like 1

So does that mean that heated parts take more damage from everything or just from weapons with a bonus to increased damage vs heated parts?

2 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

So does that mean that heated parts take more damage from everything or just from weapons with a bonus to increased damage vs heated parts?

Double damage from anything, but even more damage if using photon and energy weapons (which is why the Aurora/blockchain/photon combo was popular when Blockchain had an additional bonus for heated parts)

Yes, from everything. Even melee.

You can also stack that multiplier with another multiplier like the photon's cabin perk(+30% damage for energy weapon against heated parts). 

So let's say you use shoot 100 energy damage and hit a part that's 100% heated. The math will be

100 x (1 +1) x (1 + .3) = 260 damage.

53 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Yes, from everything. Even melee.

You can also stack that multiplier with another multiplier like the photon's cabin perk(+30% damage for energy weapon against heated parts). 

Harvester is the other notable one.  Besides Photon, that is.  You can even use both on the same build.

0EF39AF79C400491740DDFAEA1E3F7C6FEE5547D

Not very practical, though.  (The Lasers have to heat the specific parts that the Harvester is munching on, which means having enough Gun Depression, or mounting it high with something like a Train Plow, or Hatchets to keep your wheels on the ground.  Not very practical for Legs, Hovers, or Bigrams.)

The heat mechanics are also why flame/melee builds are popular. You need to be faster than you would with a spark, but you can really amplify the effects of your melee. 
Also why triggers on photon are by far the best way to use them.

Edited by poony4u2

3 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

The heat mechanics are also why flame/melee builds are popular. You need to be faster than you would with a spark, but you can really amplify the effects of your melee. 
Also why triggers on photon are by far the best way to use them.

Found a new use for my incinerators >:)

5 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Careful to avoid your own fire puddles with those.  They heat you up, too.

Edited by psiberzerker

19 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

In theory, using one incinerator and a cannon should be more powerful than a two cannons, but I keep trying to make it work and failing. 
Curious what kind of combo you have in mind.

Just now, poony4u2 said:

In theory, using one incinerator and a cannon should be more powerful than a two cannons, but I keep trying to make it work and failing. 
Curious what kind of combo you have in mind.

I'm thinking 1 incinerator 2 impulse grenade launchers >:)

2 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Hmmm, I might try that with Emily instead of Impulse.

Oops, forgot I sold my incinerator, need to make one again. 

1 minute ago, Alice_Accord said:

I was thinking 1 Retcher, but you can try 2 Impulse instead.  I'm using 2 Equalizers (A Seal, and Colossus) but saving up for Arbiters.  Miniguns are really good for shooting off heated parts like Guns, and Wheels, but Incinerator heats up a lot more than Aurora, or Triggers.  (Uses more Energy, though.)

The thing with Incinerator is you need at least Hot Red, so you can aim the next one before the last one burns out.  I have the cooling cycle timed, so when the guns overheat, it's time to-re-up the fire puddles, while they cool off.  It used to work even better with Autocannons (Storms) but they're nerfing all of those, except for the new CIWS, which is probably coming in a Pack with the new Cabin, and Robot Arm.  I mean, I hope it's craftable, and affordable, but I'm prepared for the worst.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I was thinking 1 Retcher, but you can try 2 Impulse instead.  I'm using 2 Equalizers (A Seal, and Colossus) but saving up for Arbiters.  Miniguns are really good for shooting off heated parts like Guns, and Wheels, but Incinerator heats up a lot more than Aurora, or Triggers.  (Uses more Energy, though.)

The thing with Incinerator is you need at least Hot Red, so you can aim the next one before the last one burns out.  I have the cooling cycle timed, so when the guns overheat, it's time to-re-up the fire puddles, while they cool off.  It used to work even better with Autocannons (Storms) but they're nerfing all of those, except for the new CIWS, which is probably coming in a Pack with the new Cabin, and Robot Arm.  I mean, I hope it's craftable, and affordable, but I'm prepared for the worst.

1 incinerator + 1 pulsar with the photon cabin? 260% more damage from a pulsar shot, and you can keep range on targets

• Upvote 1

Or how about 1 incinerator & 3 barriers, pure support build, heat people up and shield people near you, still get loads of XP from the bits you blow off with the incinerator too :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

1 incinerator + 1 pulsar with the photon cabin? 260% more damage from a pulsar shot, and you can keep range on targets

Yeah, I did it with a Quasar, and almost got decent damage out of it.  Works really well with Blockchains.  (Even better before they changed the Perk, but still not bad.)  The only problem is mounting a single Incinerator (3x3x8 box) with a Photon.  Not very convenient.  

3 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

Or how about 1 incinerator & 3 barriers, pure support build, heat people up and shield people near you, still get loads of XP from the bits you blow off with the incinerator too :D

2 Incinerators would be better.  Yeah, 3 Barriers allow you to cover your whole team, but it also means mapping 4 buttons, and remembering the rotation, while keeping your Fire Puddle up.    Also, defense doesn't win fights, offence does.  It really depends on having effective team-mates.

Try it with Helios, or Prometheus.  Those only cost 4 Energy, and don't require any Support Gear, like Impulse does.

Edited by psiberzerker

Sign in to follow this