T-55 cabin concept/ fan model

AGrievousGuy

Welcome everyone! here i come with a simple concept for a new cab for the game.

This time it´s just a model, althought i have already thought about its possible chracteristics, but as of now i´ll just post images of the model without textures (since i don´t have any experience appliying textures to 3d models, let alone create brand new ones), if someone has experience on this, and wants to help, i´would apreciate it.

The vehicle In which i based on, to model the cabin, is the T-55:

T-55.jpg.6352dcab15041265123ee6a993de730

So here are the images of the cab.

120768776_T-55cab.jpg.3aa29ab667f5e89c3f

Here you can se the modified vehicle, let me explane how i imagined it. I imagined the tank being salvaged from an abandoned military depot found by the steppenwolves, wich they found lots of this tanks stored, since it is one of the most produced tanks in the world.

The vehicle was then brought to a workshop by the steppenwolves, and then was retroffited and modified by steppenwolve  engineers. The engineers cutted the intire original engine compartment and moved the engine inside the combat compartment, where the turret basket was located, this was done after removing the turret, ammunition storages and everything, that was no longer needed.

That "cage" in the lower part of the front is just a support for welding pieces and armor.

I didn´t add the tracks´s fenders, to make the cabin smaller, and to make more posibilities of building with it.

1565018924_T-55cab1.jpg.1d0bdaa926917ecd

Then as you can see they sealed the drivers position from the old combat compartment and , where there was an ammo rack for the main gun, they added a seat and a hatch with a periscope for a co-driver, which would be the one in charge of operating the new automatized weapons installed in the vehicle.

710603759_T-55cab2.jpg.e6ef4f8e26b6b324c

Over the top, in the center of the turret ring the engineers added two big doors/hatches that give access to the engine, these hatches have grills for ventilation, (they can´t be seen in the model since they are not textured in it.)

1356516746_T-55cab3.jpg.4c2f21a60bfdd3ba

This is the rear of the cab. On top of it are the exhausts, just behind the turret ring.

By the calculations i made, using a scale, the tanks´s real dimentions, and using as a reference a comment someone made here in the forum, saying that 3 weld points are almost 1m, i came up with how many weld points big the cab would be in-game:

It would be 13 weld points long x 8 weld points wide( counting the turret ring sticking out) x 3 weld points tall.

So any thoughts?

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea. The perk could have something to do with buffing tracks in some way. Maybe making them faster or increasing resistance.

7 hours ago, Sixth_ said:

I like the idea. The perk could have something to do with buffing tracks in some way. Maybe making them faster or increasing resistance.

Well, i'm not sure if perks like that would go with this one, since tracks already have damage resistances (heck i don't want to imagine goliaths with a perk like that...) and there is an engine already that buffes the max speed of tracks, i was thinking about the cab having a buff to the rotation speed of turreted weapons.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

5 hours ago, AGrievousGuy said:

Well, i'm not sure if perks like that would go with this one, since tracks already have damage resistances (heck i don't want to imagine goliaths with a perk like that...) and there is an engine already that buffes the max speed of tracks, i was thinking about the cab having a buff to the rotation speed of turreted weapons.

Having that perk would guarantee no one uses it. 

1 hour ago, Sixth_ said:

Like nobody ever uses Quantum without Energy Weapons, or Steppe Spider without Mecha Legs, right?

On 5/25/2020 at 4:54 PM, Sixth_ said:

Well, not necessarily, i thought about that perk since, well it´s a tank, and a cannon turret would be the most natural weapon to fit it with, (and well all turret cannons including auto cannons, to make it more flexible) Besides turreted cannons are not that popular in high ps if i´m not mistaken so a smol´ buff, coming from a specialize perk from the cab wouldn´t be bad.

That or giving it a damage resistance passive perk, like bastion but a bit reduced and making it affect all the sides of the cabin.

A similar suggested Perk (Still locked in Suggestion Limbo) was a cabin with a special transmission that increases the turning Speed of tracks.  Actually it was a whole different cabin, but based on this:

8524102-e1562560832204.jpg

Which honestly looks a lot like the mirror image of the new Steppinwolf cabin, which comes with an articulated arm.  So, maybe the Devs read it, IDK.  

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

A similar suggested Perk (Still locked in Suggestion Limbo) was a cabin with a special transmission that increases the turning Speed of tracks.  Actually it was a whole different cabin, but based on this:

8524102-e1562560832204.jpg

Which honestly looks a lot like the mirror image of the new Steppinwolf cabin, which comes with an articulated arm.  So, maybe the Devs read it, IDK.  

A cabin like that makes me think of making the whole cab a turret honestly:lol:

But yeah more like they saw the suggestion and thought to add it as a decoration instead.