[Development blog] “New Dawn” Farm: a refuge with dark secrets

Woodyrojo

1 minute ago, Lebensklinge said:

Hello 

Nothing everything in the game is fine, so why not upgrade the most ZERO important things, riiight. 

What do i mean... :014j:

Hello

Ok so first of all, try to be a bit more positive, this new garage is a great news.

Second, try to express your opinion with words, not just one smiley. This facepalm smiley alone is as useful and constructive than no post at all, nobody understood what you meant.

Third this garage will come with several balances showed the week-end before last one on the mass test sever, maybe whatever you are complaining about is already in there.

Fourth you can keep your sarcasm for yourself, that's not constructive.

Fifth we still don't know what issue you are referring to.

Sixth if your problem isn't on the next update, feel free to leave constructive comments or to write your brilliants ideas that nobody thought about and are definitely viable, there a section in the forum for that.

It's not the first useless comment you leave, so I took some time to help you make better ones.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

First comment on this thread is already something not to like : the missing option to keep the old garage in addition to the new one... Difficult to please everybody, although I would also have liked to have both, on that matter. But it's not a big concern for me, a new and optimized garage is good and big news !

I have a feeling (and high hopes) this new garage will be a considerable improvement over the old one.

I mean if we take a closer look:

• Shooting range right outside the door so no need to travel half-across the map to test weapon ranges.
  • A separate area within the garage yard where you spawn and fight bots. So not littered across the map.
  • A proper race segment to test out your booster builds. The old garage only has those few pesky ramps and then some hills on the other end of the map.

The only thing that's unconfirmed is whether the map will have any hills or not.

56 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

+1.  A drag strip, or just a country road to the gate.  There's kinda one on the old garage, down the Range, but it's not great, and it kinda ends in a school-bus full of explosives.

Yeah. The shooting range strip is also way too short for that sort of application, Most of the endgame builds simply don't reach their speed caps by the 200th meter mark.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

785830195_hangar_new_41.jpg.60c10131ba57

Look's great :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Finally a free garage that looks nice. 

It really reminds me of the starting place from ExMachina and i really liked that game.

@ dev's , can we get some explain for this please ?

05040295e58ad792.png.825dbc5c1c84f14f18c

• Sad 2

@LOoD Where did you get that ?

But the description is quite clear I think : epic module to instantly reload weapons and modules. The end of the description is just lore/triva.

So It's like Favorite cabin's perk I think. Which mean Favorite will probably be cheaper since the module is cheaper and can fit and combine different cabin's perks, like the crickets with the precision of the Torero and the instant reload of this module. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

@LOoD Where did you get that ?

But the description is quite clear I think : epic module to instantly reload weapons and modules. The end of the description is just lore/triva.

So It's like Favorite cabin's perk I think. Which mean Favorite will probably be cheaper since the module is cheaper and can fit and combine different cabin's perks, like the crickets with the precision of the Torero and the instant reload of this module. 

on youtube by Mr G :014:

Oh well guess is time to say goodbye to the old garage. *Ahem* *Tune in sad violin music* We are all gathered here today to mourn the incoming death of Kindness Nostalgic Garage via "Choose 'yes' to delete file", all I can say is that you've been a true friend to all of us, always being there when we were testing our derpy level 10 engineer builds, witnessing our progression through the harsh and difficult times of grinding, leveling up and getting better day by day, you may have been one heck of a silent brick box, but you always helped us, you showed that you care! Teaching us how to fix our mistakes, how to use grills instead of canvas roofs to put our weapons on, how to figure out spaced armor, how to know the exact range of weapons, how to make wedge builds, hover builds, spider builds, dog builds, bunker builds, KTM builds etc., you teached us almost everything we know! This garage may show no emotion, but he is always with us, via his soul or his cemented brick wall version, he will always be there for us, within our darkest times or our best days in Crossout, taking care of our building skills day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year... Kindness Nostalgic Garage, you were one hell of a brick box, probably the best of them, hope you find your peace in the deleted code lines... I want everyone to maintain a moment of silence for our fallen friend and press 'F' to pay respects... ( I don't regret making this ).

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

As many other players mentoned already, why not both?!

I love the farm thematic added to postapocalypse, but enjoyed the old gargage too and it would be nice to switch from these two from time to time.

The classic is still functional and got a unique feel as well that I would regret to loose.

• Upvote 2

@Doppelklinge_X @Vylmar everybody wants both garage since they are both created at that point, but in reality few would pick the old one for a day to day use.

Let's face it, just by the new garage description and those couple of pictures we already know we'll use it all the time, just by the fact it's already looking far more convenient. If they store the old garage for 5 minutes of nostalgia every month that's not worth it. Far shooting range and useless space is what I'll remember of the old one, + the easter egg chase.

• Thanks 1

I would like to say that yes the old garage is a little out dated compared to the new garages but I’ve used that garage and area since PS4 start. It’s the old school garage that reminds a person where it all started. I use this garage as much as others and really do not want to see it go! More garages added yes please but don’t remove something that’s been with the game since the start. Those who actually care about the garage area have no problem buying another.. so please don’t remove the classic. 

-gypsy34danger

• Upvote 1

Well done! The garage even has a ladder nailed together from old barn scraps in it. I like the look of the new garage a lot. The farmstead like appearance plays homage to the starting village in Krai and the agrarian lifestyles humans lived in Ex Machina.

Had a quick question, fused my cheetah engine twice attempting to get maximum speed bonus of +10%, finally got it but my car still only does 120km/h, is there something more I'm missing? Wheels? Cabin? Any help would be greatly appreciated, can send video too if needed for confirmation 

• Sad 1

^^Pretty off topic but people have made bug reports about it which indicates it’s broken; cars can’t go over 120km/h.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Doppelklinge_X said:

Looks cool, but I´ll miss the old one so much :(

would love it if the current Garage stay like it is and the new one is just an additional one.

Hello 

Pretty cool name yo

• Confused 1

I do like the new one, but why not keep both? 

To us that have been in this game for sometime, yes, the old garage is seem to be outdated. BUT, making it as an option for players to pick which one to use would not be a bad idea.  This make the game have a bigger game contain, why put away/taken out something is functioning well in game?  More choice for players is always good.  You guys can always use the "old garage" as reward for new players at early level.

I do hope you guys would reconsider.  Thank you.:good:

• Upvote 2

There are allready 3 garages to choose from (if your a wallet-warrior who bought all of the deluxe packs), whats wrong having a 4th garage?

I doubt one garage takes up that much storage space on a server/pc.

Beside the more content in the game has to offer new players, the better.

And keeping the old and getting the new, it gives new players somthing to choose from, not just one garage.

chase raid got removed from the game, dont remove more from this game.

what would be the next cutback, all weapons and builds removed and everyone gets the same build and a referee to determine who should shoot who? because of people get so bleepin b**thurt?

Edited by Sasherz
  • Upvote 1

It wasn't so much a negative comment, I was more just curious about why they were getting rid of the old one. I figured it would please more people and would be easier to just add this new one in. I could care less either way, I'm still using the horseman garage lol.

17 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

First comment on this thread is already something not to like : the missing option to keep the old garage in addition to the new one... Difficult to please everybody, although I would also have liked to have both, on that matter. But it's not a big concern for me, a new and optimized garage is good and big news !

I have an interesting hypotheses about the new garage. the news says there is "terrible" and "dark secrets", that one of the barn supplied the entire district of meat but not from animal's carcass but...  and then we can assume it's human meat (or whatever creature from the Crossout Lore, although nothing comes to my mind now).

So I think the bot practice area will be filled by meat-themed bots spawning from that barn, like ravager-theme vehicle. I don't think the "dark secret" will be simply meat themed decors on the map. Crossout is mainly a wasteland world, in a post-apocalyptic environment, so that could give some coherence to even see some zombies... in cars? 

Based on the garage description and the pictures, I think there is the garage entry, the shooting range in front of it, and the meat raiders spawning barn on the left of it (pic 1 and 2). Would make sense so we can practice shooting on fixed or mobile targets very close to the garage entry, for convenience. @LOoD I don't think there should be pink ponies close to that barn in your modified picture ! :D 

That would leave the race part would be on the right of the garage. Picture 1 is the view from garage entrance, pic 2.3.4 are taken from left to right (bot-barn, shooting range, race environment), pic 5.6 is the inside of the garage. I'm just not seeing the point of the 6th pic, probably just to show all angles of the garage, I don't think there is anything important on it.

Mind blown :tankosmile2:

@Woodyrojo give me some sticker after the update release if I guessed everything right ! :vanga::D 

EDIT : @Spedemix I don't see hills but maybe there's some climbing ramps on the race environment. Hills would just hiding the area so I think climbing ramps would be better. I also think we see most of the garage on the pictures but hopefully there is a small hidden angle with those high ramps.

Edited by Charlie9204
details addition
  • Confused 1

Will the roof of the building open up to build tall vehicles?

Will the Height for working under the vehicle be raised for easier access? maybe double the height.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, MudnBeer said:

Will the roof of the building open up to build tall vehicles?

Will the Height for working under the vehicle be raised for easier access? maybe double the height.

By the pictures we can safely observe that the inside of the garage as well as it's entrance are very similar to the previous one, if not identical.

I guess they want to keep things kind of real, also tall vehicles aren't stable and not really the most type of vehicles build.

I would agree the working elevation height could be more practical if higher, but that keeps the real life aspect kind of here, like a twisted-neck worker. Vehicles of thousands of tons shouldn't be elevated up to the roof.

17 hours ago, Cobra_Turret said:

Kindness Nostalgic Garage, you were one hell of a brick box, probably the best of them, hope you find your peace in the deleted code lines... I want everyone to maintain a moment of silence for our fallen friend and press 'F' to pay respects... ( I don't regret making this ).

It made me smile because 'F' is actually my self-destruct keypad :) Closer to all the other default key-bind.

I won't miss the old garage that much, to be honest. New garage looks pretty nice and cosy. Think as the old garage being resurrected into this one if it helps ! :D 

By the way, guys, please!  Can you allowed us to put the legs and Icarus all around a frame part?  It would open up more shapes and option in terms of creation and design.  It won't kill side over builds already made, since you might benefit from putting the cabine that way.  It will open up just more possibilities, which is nice and good, right? :)

Oh!  One idea about what to do with the old garage if it's bond not to come back.  Enlarge the garage field and redesign it as a new map so that we would fight around the garage workshop...  Within the garage you could but the central beacon.  That map would give us a familiar and novelty feeling.

Edited by Vylmar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.