Woodyrojo

[Developer blog] Tachyon: one with technology

Greetings, survivors! Today we will tell you about the latest rookie of the Wasteland — the mysterious Tachyon. And about the parts that the lightning-quick scientist will bring in the next major update Crossout 0.11.40: weapons, a cabin and decoration elements.

NOTE: Parts shown in this publication are at the development stage. Final versions of parts can differ both externally and functionally.

Tachyon is the messenger of Dawn's Children, the apostle of high technology and the owner of the most agile vehicle in the Wasteland. But that wasn't always the case. Tachyon had a rough childhood — like Sisugrd, he suffered from the attacks of bullies for being different. In the case of Tachyon, he was much-much smarter than his peers.

But now, after crossout, Tachyon is feared and respected in the Wasteland. There are many rumours about the scientist. They say he invented a way to drive cars with the power of thought. Like they're connected. Whether it's true or not, we'll find out soon enough.

New parts for Dawn's Children

cab.png

Tachyon promised himself no one else would bruise him. So he created this cabin, which can protect its owner not only with strong steel but also with energy.

weapon.jpg

If there is protection, why not get closer to the enemy? Here's where the high-tech shotgun comes in handy. They say that Tachyon solved the problem of overheating, but did it in his own way. You're gonna have to get used to it!

str.png

Lasers, energy usage and other things are, of course, great. But how pleasant it is sometimes simply to accelerate and smash the opponent's car with two big blades. There are 16 pairs, but Tachyon will bring only one.

What does Tachyon have to do with Sigurd and Surtr? How do you become the owner of the new Dawn 's Children gadgets? How many more inventions will Tachyon bring? We will talk about this in future Crossout developer blogs and stories. Stay tuned about Crossout 0.11.40!

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

The anniversary is near, will 11.40 be exactly on that time or what?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

Oh Yes, i'm in love with that portrait, it's so well made. Will we get any new paints in crossout 11.40?

These portraits will be available for everyone for free? <-- This is the most important question to me.

Edit: please do not add more shotguns for now, we have too many of them tho. 

Edited by Sirocc1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the new legendary cabins and epic guns, but what about new relic guns ? We need new relics becouse the uranium price keeps dropping without new relic guns.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

Ah yes!  Since that post a few weeks back this is the guy I was waiting for

Portrait looks awesome

Cabin looks awesome

Blades look awesome

And for once.. For me a shotgun looks awesome

Nice! Hope there is more cool sci-fi stuff coming!  :good:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Son u guys need to change ur games name to star wars or star trek 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 5

Hello

Why adding more DC stuff when there movement part is a joke? 

A hover is not a Prius, its a war machine part. Do the math or sh... Do it again. 

Edited by Lebensklinge
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Well then, I guess all 3 rookies have been presented to us, but two things for sure scare me about this, either they will be all packs, like the horsemen of the apocalypse, for a whopping 59,99 euros per pack and ofc with the bonus meta ( or scam ) in the package ( there is a chance for this happen, you know Targem as well as I do ), or is gonna involve a very big grind with a limited time stamped on it ,and all the sudden you see premium subscriptions with discounts and coin packs with discounts ( honestly i prefer this ngl ). Tho I guess soon our beloved Targem and the cowboys of the Wild Dollars will present to us the way we can get the new parts, without the need to become bankrupt in real life hopefully.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

I remind you that they added all kinds of Cabins (Harpy, Photon, and Bastion) to Faction Workbenches after the last Knight Riders'.

It looks to me that these are Workbench cabins, that they didn't get ready in time for the Ravens' event.

Edited by psiberzerker

8 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I remind you that they added all kinds of Cabins (Harpy, Photon, and Bastion) to Faction Workbenches after the last Knight Riders'.

It looks to me that these are Workbench cabins, that they didn't get ready in time for the Ravens' event.

I hope you are right, but the Steppenwolf cabin has a 4x4 hole right in the middle of it that goes down a couple of blocks. The new Autocannon is 4x4 and its model can be sunk down 2 blocks in a 4x4 hole like the whirlwind. We got an almost too perfectly pairable weapon and cab both belonging to the same style and faction, a Dawn Children cab with a laser shotgun, (Another hitscan shotgun Targem, get this garbage out) and a firestarter cab with a legendary Incinerator (Which isn't overpowered enough at higher powerscores in missions /s) 

It seems like these are all geared to be exclusively overpriced anniversary packs with more powercreep. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Cobra_Turret said:

either they will be all packs, like the horsemen of the apocalypse, for a whopping 59,99 euros per pack

This is so far looking like free stuff, maybe a new battle pass since I think the last one was a HUGE success for the game. What I'm afraid of is the prospect of these new cabins being legendary cabins. So far it looks like they have like a 90% chance of actually being legendaries. And with legendary cabins in the game, the Gaijin marketing department will be very afraid that this will lower the players' interest in packs with epic cabins and we'll be getting new series of packs with legendary cabins. The epic cabin packs would then be slowly phased out or forgotten, same as the rare cabin packs were.

• Upvote 5

The update is close...very  close....mmmmmmmm coool :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robocraftman said:

The anniversary is near, will 11.40 be exactly on that time or what?

i think probably at the end of this week  or start of the next week....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

This is so far looking like free stuff, maybe a new battle pass since I think the last one was a HUGE success for the game. What I'm afraid of is the prospect of these new cabins being legendary cabins. So far it looks like they have like a 90% chance of actually being legendaries. And with legendary cabins in the game, the Gaijin marketing department will be very afraid that this will lower the players' interest in packs with epic cabins and we'll be getting new series of packs with legendary cabins. The epic cabin packs would then be slowly phased out or forgotten, same as the rare cabin packs were.

what's gonna suck more, if that's the case the legend cabs from packs are a guarantee to be great , heck i bet they will be like 4k coins in the market with free shipment and an instructions manual on how to brag that you just spended 1000 $ on a cabin( again, IF this happens ). Is also gonna shift the meta a lot, especially the clan wars one, but we will have to see, maybe for once Targem realizes that "oh shnuzzle, we are actually losing players, oh no... eh who cares, ADD MORE GRIND BOIS, WE ARE GONNA MAKE A FORTUNE, FERRARI COLLECTION HERE WE COME!".

• Like 3

Crossout has higher tech stuff than the space game I'm playing on the side (not exaggerating).

And that'd be ok if it was truly just a few geniuses in an already tiny enclave of surviving scientists and such gear was truly "relic rare" (and reflected by way of appropriately high PS costs) but in-game it is so commonplace as to render the whole "post-apocalyptic, living in containers and foraging for fuel, food & scrap in home-built militarized buggies and trucks" to "ok here's your rusted container to live in but we're also giving you Lockheed Skunk works backed by the resources of a modern super-power to build your ride with". It has no plausibility and results in a totally immersion breaking experience (or rather an attempted experience). The power-creep has progressed to the point that what should be "Ooooh look at that thing (maybe a hover with lasers) to just "Oh another hover or car with lasers, whatever" and looking away to get back to his foraged can of Klik. Later on, on his way to his outhouse to take a low-tech dump he'll trip over the super-conducting power line feeding his clean room certified garage...

If you want to mix high tech with grunge then do it in a plausible, believable way or else it's just a hodge-podge building/fighting game with no rhyme or reason to it...which maybe was all it was ever meant to be. If so then congratulations on achieving your goal.

Edited by DarkMaid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

Cool to see concept art, but now double Aegis users get a third shield for free with the cab? That's too much protection with a Cheetah engine already refreshing bubbles quickly. I would limit the Aegis to 1 if you're adding a no energy shield, I want to shoot people not shields.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Cobra_Turret said:

Well then, I guess all 3 rookies have been presented to us, but two things for sure scare me about this, either they will be all packs, like the horsemen of the apocalypse, for a whopping 59,99 euros per pack and ofc with the bonus meta ( or scam ) in the package ( there is a chance for this happen, you know Targem as well as I do ), or is gonna involve a very big grind with a limited time stamped on it ,and all the sudden you see premium subscriptions with discounts and coin packs with discounts ( honestly i prefer this ngl ). Tho I guess soon our beloved Targem and the cowboys of the Wild Dollars will present to us the way we can get the new parts, without the need to become bankrupt in real life hopefully.

1 hour ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

1 hour ago, AFluffyBadger said:

I hope you are right, but the Steppenwolf cabin has a 4x4 hole right in the middle of it that goes down a couple of blocks. The new Autocannon is 4x4 and its model can be sunk down 2 blocks in a 4x4 hole like the whirlwind. We got an almost too perfectly pairable weapon and cab both belonging to the same style and faction, a Dawn Children cab with a laser shotgun, (Another hitscan shotgun Targem, get this garbage out) and a firestarter cab with a legendary Incinerator (Which isn't overpowered enough at higher powerscores in missions /s) 

It seems like these are all geared to be exclusively overpriced anniversary packs with more powercreep. 

legendary cabs will be craftable from the stepenwolf, dawn childreen, and firestarter factions, the 3 complementary factions of the others, those are the only factions that have 2 craftable cabs, so I can see a legendary recipe with these cabs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Those cabins are highly likely to be legendary, according the leaks I saw (eternalsilence, coldfire games/gaming).

Those characters are faction-based, so not pack based since I don't think there is any pack with faction cabin and portraits. I don't think it's a battle pass, I believe that we would have some information already if that what the case. The new content seems to me like an extension of the game/current factions. Cabin would be craftable like any faction cabin.

I also think that this new cabin with a front protective shield (source leaks) is also destined to encourage and balance front hovers and reduce sideways hovers, at least with this cabin. Seems like a good idea.

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

I don't think so, they are faction-themed cabins, and 99% legendary to me, so they were planned to be introduced apart of this event. First legendary cabin introduction could be actually planned for the anniversary update. I think they ditched Knight Riders for Raven mainly for another anniversary big change, to not make the recurrent events completely identical years after years, although they still have very similar contents (Knight Riders stuffs, talers).

If the leaks are still accurate and devs didn't do major changes, the perks are active button perks while most of faction cabin perks are passive. Also the cabin names were displayed in yellow in the game which is legendary cabin color.

I think the update will be tomorrow Thursday. They usually do it on Thursdays, Raven finishes in 8-10 hours, they presented the last faction character today and they only did one mass test servers for the upcoming balances, which means they are ready just after the first one.

And I think there will be meat-raiders as bots on the new garage. You heard me :)

1 hour ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

The epic cabin packs would then be slowly phased out or forgotten, same as the rare cabin packs were.

I wouldn't worry about that. rare cabin are step-cabins in order/until access to the next rarity cabins, like faction epic cabins will be. There is legendary weapons but plenty of players use epic ones, until probably they can afford better.

EDIT

5 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

legendary cabs will be craftable from the stepenwolf, dawn childreen, and firestarter factions, the 3 complementary factions of the others, those are the only factions that have 2 craftable cabs, so I can see a legendary recipe with these cabs

I completely agree.

Edited by Charlie9204
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rogathorius said:

i think probably at the end of this week  or start of the next week....

Anniversary is on 30/05

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Starout.

Cross Conflict.

A Star Conflict like game where we can build our own ships? I'm so much in for that :lol:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kope98 said:

Thanks for the new legendary cabins and epic guns, but what about new relic guns ? We need new relics becouse the uranium price keeps dropping without new relic guns.

No. God’s sake, we don’t need new relics that banish creativity from this game. This game was something so much better without people screwing it up with wedges. I can kill porcupines and wedges, but I remember when this game had legit creativity, and look at it now. We need new things for the new players or this game is going to die again. Pewdiepie may have revived it in a way, but it’s back in a drought. Great job seal clubbers, messing with everyone like a bunch of diddies. I’m just sick of this relic weapon stuff. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, dreadfuldon said:

This game was something so much better without people screwing it up with wedges. I can kill porcupines and wedges, but I remember

When there weren't Wedges, in Crossout?  

• Upvote 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.