[Developer blog] Tachyon: one with technology

Woodyrojo

Just now, psiberzerker said:

When there weren't Wedges, in Crossout?  

Well, they weren’t as apparent on the PlayStation community. They also had builds like machine gun builds and such. It was way more fun back then. Hey, make harvesters great again I guess.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dreadfuldon said:

No. God’s sake, we don’t need new relics that banish creativity from this game. This game was something so much better without people screwing it up with wedges. I can kill porcupines and wedges, but I remember when this game had legit creativity, and look at it now. We need new things for the new players or this game is going to die again. Pewdiepie may have revived it in a way, but it’s back in a drought. Great job seal clubbers, messing with everyone like a bunch of diddies. I’m just sick of this relic weapon stuff. 

Kapkans messed up fun gameplay more than any relic, but the original fun days of Equalizers vs Fat Man vs Spitfires clan battles is what I miss, then Mammoths vs Hammers vs Reapers. I also think creativity would be better if people besides the owner couldn't download exhibition builds, only test drive.

Edited by xXMrSkeletonXx
  • Upvote 7

57 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

legendary cabs will be craftable from the stepenwolf, dawn childreen, and firestarter factions, the 3 complementary factions of the others, those are the only factions that have 2 craftable cabs, so I can see a legendary recipe with these cabs

Actually I think there will only be Photon on the legendary Dawn Children cab. So far only one cab is necessary to get the next rarity one, in order for players to upgrade their existing cabin. And Photon because of the similar shape. And Barrier X because it's the only epic faction shield. for the last item I don't have any idea. But all of that is speculation I'm just guessing. We know that recipes aren't that simple to guess

• Upvote 1

I agree kapkans ruined this game, I'd rather have the repair mechanics over kapkans. Hell, I'd rather fight with chords against a typhoon build than deal with these stupid things. I have a $400k+ account and would trade it all and start over to get rid of the stupid things. The king mines are almost just as bad. Nothing like a supper creative driving combat game that forces you to camp at your base. Also I have a question for the devs, is there some hidden line of code that doesn't match dual or triple sparks up against porc builds in CWs? We can run into porc heavy teams every match as soon as one of us jumps onto a spark build not a single porc. Every. Single. Time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

You guys really do love shotguns don't you? This is just going to be another wedge weapon.  I'm also concerned that this shield perk will come with its own problems. Aegis really needs to be limited to 1/build now, perhaps with a minor buff.

25 minutes ago, RadKoala said:

I agree kapkans ruined this game,

Due to how strong close range builds in this game are, kaps are a necessity. They are not even that reliable unless used in multiples.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Kope98 said:

We need new relics becouse the uranium price keeps dropping without new relic guns.

Have you ever considered that maybe they want the uranium prices to drop?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Kope98 said:

Thanks for the new legendary cabins and epic guns, but what about new relic guns ? We need new relics becouse the uranium price keeps dropping without new relic guns.

XO players "Make uranium easier to obtain or cheaper. This game is pure P2W, because of uranium prices and only top 30 good clans able to obtain it"

XO: *Makes uranium easier to obtain, so the market drops because too much is there and everyone and their mother has crafted relics.*

XO Players: "NERF CW TOO MUCH URANIUM!"

XO: *Nerfs CW to make uranium harder to farm 150 a week with a scanner*

*Market still does not change, prices still drop*

XO players: "Can you try something else? I have 12,000 uranium to sell now"

Spoiler

Typical Crossout. Players cry to have it their way not realizing the downside of getting what they want and now panicking because it actually affects them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dreadfuldon said:

Hey, make harvesters great again I guess.

+1.  Honestly, i got my a$$ chewed by a Harvester earlier today, but that was more my fault (And the guys i trusted to watch my 6) than the parts'.  (2 harvesters, and 2 Flame Throwers of some type.  I couldn;t see what, but at the power Score, I'd guess Remedies.  If he had Blight, it was not turned on.)

Pffffff.

Same thing over and over again.
Same group of players defending all items in-game once those items are being attacked...
Remember that some items did ruin this game,...
If people complain about those items, I agree that it is pointless. so much is proven by now.
But to protect those items is the main reason why this game got more and more of it. 

Well only the lucky few will remember the good times.
The 3 mounts of real creativity and diversity.
The basic ideas were very good.
Tow had it's caucasus..... as protector while in flight
and so on.... all changed for the bad... in times after the big disaster.

Remember this game started as a restarted Hard Truck Apocalypse,
where that game has turned bad, this should be it's successor.
That game did gone sore by hovers as well

Too make a lethal mistake two times..... wow 

Edited by ZWC
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:
Spoiler

Tachyon is the messenger of Allah, the apostle of islam and the owner of the most agile horse in the desert. But that wasn't always the case. Tachyon had a rough childhood — like Sisugrd, he suffered from the attacks of infidels for being devout. In the case of Tachyon, he was much-much smarter than his umma.

But now, after the intifada, Tachyon is feared and respected in the desert. There are many rumours about the mujahid. They say he invented a way to fly carpets with the power of faith. Like they're connected. Whether it's true or not, we'll find out soon enough, insha Allah.

Verily!

I can't wait to build something like this with my friends:

2020_05_27a.jpg.aacb4fac04fc456f87b96966

Gaijin be like: "The Aegis is bad, let's nerf it. Oh, and btw, here's your free 15-sec. Not-Aegis *wink, wink*, to go with the other 1 or 2 per cabin. And to make Aegis hovers even less appealing, we'll have you spend 2 more energy on a booster module for your 2 Helioses." :crazy:
Now, I've never seriously considered owning a Helios, nor have I used hovers in combat much. But this cabin makes me look at things from a different perspective.
On a different note, two years ago I'd say this cabin is great for a car with 4 Barrier IXs, but that module has been nerfed to a point where its biggest fan had to shelve it permanently.

Edited by Omega616
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

A Star Conflict like game where we can build our own ships? I'm so much in for that :lol:

Space Engineers, great game but you need a decent PC to run it.

Good thing about this cab is that it's only a frontal shield, so all sideways hovers will have to skip it or go back to normal designs with hovers on the sides, which are way easier to shoot down.

But, if this shield doesn't count like an aegis and you can have the cab frontal shield + aegis without his current 30% debuff, either the cab or the Aegis are getting a nerf, or the perma shielded hover has just been brought back from his well deserved grave. 

Anyways, i'm not into shotguns or lasers, but I have to admit that I'd be willing to test that laser shotgun :P

Edited by Velaryon1007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

Kapkans messed up fun gameplay more than any relic, but the original fun days of Equalizers vs Fat Man vs Spitfires clan battles is what I miss, then Mammoths vs Hammers vs Reapers. I also think creativity would be better if people besides the owner couldn't download exhibition builds, only test drive.

It's like I said when Robocraft added the "Robofactory" (where players could upload/download their creations). The downsides outweigh any possible upsides. By adding the Exhibition, they removed the last bit of creativity the game had in it. Everyone uses copy-paste, flavor-of-the-week builds. 

It's kinda helpful if you and your friends all want to run the same build, but on the other side of the coin it punishes creativity and promotes conformity. You either download an easy win, or drudge through the grind on your own.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Actually I think there will only be Photon on the legendary Dawn Children cab. So far only one cab is necessary to get the next rarity one, in order for players to upgrade their existing cabin. And Photon because of the similar shape. And Barrier X because it's the only epic faction shield. for the last item I don't have any idea. But all of that is speculation I'm just guessing. We know that recipes aren't that simple to guess

I also think that there will be the Barrier X,

concerning the number of articles in my opinion it will take 5 to 6 epic articles to craft them,

they will not give them to us,

and yes surely one model of cabin

so my forecasts are humpack, harpy and photon minimum and in pairs of course and with maybe an engine

Edited by samuraicrosser
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Geminikid13 said:

It's like I said when Robocraft added the "Robofactory" (where players could upload/download their creations). The downsides outweigh any possible upsides. By adding the Exhibition, they removed the last bit of creativity the game had in it. Everyone uses copy-paste, flavor-of-the-week builds. 

It's kinda helpful if you and your friends all want to run the same build, but on the other side of the coin it punishes creativity and promotes conformity. You either download an easy win, or drudge through the grind on your own.

well my builds do hit the top 1 often. but for me it's all about the creativity.
Diversity in weapon use and only the normal weapons... the real wasteland items.
No clever build has 2 of the same heavy main weapons in real.... so that's something I hardly build.
I do make MVP in those builds,... and with a lot more fun because I actually like the ride.

To copy or use an easy winner,... may give you many wins, but where is the fun in winning if it's not in your original own build.

Sadly most players turn to wedge or hovers... because there is NO skill required .. even simpleminded are those with energy weapons.
maybe because they think,,,, original crafts will not do good....

Well, I mostly in for the LEGO part , and expo is fine for me.
It will show to some people how to build others than only the easy-winners

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Yes, please add more crazy stuff to the game; especially if it upsets the anti-hover and anti-wedge people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

I also think that this new cabin with a front protective shield (source leaks) is also destined to encourage and balance front hovers and reduce sideways hovers, at least with this cabin. Seems like a good idea.

your remark is relevant, bye bye the side hovers with this cab

1 hour ago, samuraicrosser said:

your remark is relevant, bye bye the side hovers with this cab

Not really. 

You may see this cab in some hovers past 10K, but the 4-9K PS range will still be plagued with the sideways, it's just too effective and cheap. 

And this new cab will hopefully have 2 to 3K PS (or more) if it's legendary, or it might become one of the ultimate parts for sealclubbing. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Velaryon1007 said:

Not really. 

You may see this cab in some hovers past 10K, but the 4-9K PS range will still be plagued with the sideways, it's just too effective and cheap. 

And this new cab will hopefully have 2 to 3K PS (or more) if it's legendary, or it might become one of the ultimate parts for sealclubbing. 

I'm not sure to understand you, a cab is the same price used sideways or not and this cab won't cheap at all, the cabin's ps will be higher so seal clubbing ps will be higher so potentially less effective, and the protective frontal shield used sideways is useless like using drones with blight or cannons with tusk.

15 hours ago, Deadsoulinside said:

XO players "Make uranium easier to obtain or cheaper. This game is pure P2W, because of uranium prices and only top 30 good clans able to obtain it"

XO: *Makes uranium easier to obtain, so the market drops because too much is there and everyone and their mother has crafted relics.*

XO Players: "NERF CW TOO MUCH URANIUM!"

XO: *Nerfs CW to make uranium harder to farm 150 a week with a scanner*

*Market still does not change, prices still drop*

XO players: "Can you try something else? I have 12,000 uranium to sell now"

Hide contents

Typical Crossout. Players cry to have it their way not realizing the downside of getting what they want and now panicking because it actually affects them.

17 hours ago, dreadfuldon said:

No. God’s sake, we don’t need new relics that banish creativity from this game. This game was something so much better without people screwing it up with wedges. I can kill porcupines and wedges, but I remember when this game had legit creativity, and look at it now. We need new things for the new players or this game is going to die again. Pewdiepie may have revived it in a way, but it’s back in a drought. Great job seal clubbers, messing with everyone like a bunch of diddies. I’m just sick of this relic weapon stuff. 

They put in the game 4 legendary and 6 epics per year, and they forgeting about relics. You both don't get it. For low-mid level PS there are always something new, but for high PS +15K nothing, 3 relics / 2 year. 

• Confused 1

Nice , now we can't even land a single shot to a shotgun wedge coming in 100 kmh to our faces... That cabin gonna break the game , mark my words... Hail to our  hovertard lords...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hello

Hopefully the sight of the shield has to be open, like kapkan with the slot to release the mine, problem solved. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

I'm not sure to understand you, a cab is the same price used sideways or not and this cab won't cheap at all, the cabin's ps will be higher so seal clubbing ps will be higher so potentially less effective, and the protective frontal shield used sideways is useless like using drones with blight or cannons with tusk.

Wrong choice of words from my side, sorry. 

By cheap I meant efficient and easy to make with the regular cabins, and wasn't referring to this cabin, I stated before that the new one will be useless if used sideways. 

I'm away from my PC. Is the update live?

5 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

I'm away from my PC. Is the update live?

I haven't gotten my extra ammo for the reaper, so apparently not.

• Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.