Why machineguns are hitscan? This isn't a fps shooter!

Is it me or all the good games have realistic machineguns mechanic? Not a laser hitscan lul? The way shotguns and machineguns mechanics work makes me cringe, it's like a cheap laser show with no sense! I also like how I stand 100 feet away and enemy machinegun laser lacking additional 1inch range to hit me! Makes me lul like there's no tommorow!

That is the main reason this game looks cheap! You enter the first battle and start lasering each other with silly sounds, boom first impression is a flop.

Next you buy a shotgun and give your enemy a cheap lightshow with the most annoying sound ever! Makes the enemy annoyed and you bored cuz game mechanics look and feel like a scam.

Then you buy Executioner and feel like a king, because now your gun has a projectile! WOOOOHOO but you better don't upgrade to Tsunami, it was nerfed more times than you cursed at the game! 

So there is that devs, you either fixing the laser hitscan or your game will keep being a low-key lul fest. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Cant tell if sarcasm or serious

Fixing a hitscan laser is a no go, so you come at me instead? A way to go my bighead fellow player

Edited by Boi_On_A_Blocc
  • Confused 4

idk what you want to say here, but in case you're complaining about balancing, realism is not the way to go.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, xcai35 said:

idk what you want to say here, but in case you're complaining about balancing, realism is not the way to go.

Okay back to elementary:

When you shoot a gun, there should be a bullet comming off of it. Not a laser, but a bullet that doesn't hit immediately on any range, and doesn't stop immediately after reaching 100feet distance, plus has a bullet drop effect if shooting long range! Otherwise the game looks cheap and there is no way around it! CAPEESH? 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

Okay back to elementary:

When you shoot a gun, there should be a bullet comming off of it. Not a laser, but a bullet that doesn't hit immediately on any range, and doesn't stop immediately after reaching 100feet distance, plus has a bullet drop effect if shooting long range! Otherwise the game looks cheap and there is no way around it! CAPEESH? 

Of course it is in really but not in the game.

There are so many gaems with hit scan bullets. Have you ever played other games such as Overwatch, Team Fortress or Doom or Serious Sam or whatever.

If you like realistic bullet, play ARMA.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 2

A game has to sacrifice realism for balance and fun

If machineguns werent hitscan they would be useless

• Upvote 2

I agree with bobbill hitscan makes them semi viable though they are far from meta at higher ps, higher you go the less you see

also I would like to point out we are firing higher caliber rounds in our mgs and sgs, I would not be surprised if mgs are firing 30-06 rounds (or similar rounds) those things fly so fast they may as well be hitscan at the range they are used at. 820 m/s muzzle velocity at 100-200 meters is nothing so it is easier to just to have them be hitscan. Same goes for the shotguns, range is too short for the high muzzle velocity for it to matter if hitscan or not

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

Is it me or all the good games have realistic machineguns mechanic? Not a laser hitscan lul? The way shotguns and machineguns mechanics work makes me cringe, it's like a cheap laser show with no sense! I also like how I stand 100 feet away and enemy machinegun laser lacking additional 1inch range to hit me! Makes me lul like there's no tommorow!

That is the main reason this game looks cheap! You enter the first battle and start lasering each other with silly sounds, boom first impression is a flop.

Next you buy a shotgun and give your enemy a cheap lightshow with the most annoying sound ever! Makes the enemy annoyed and you bored cuz game mechanics look and feel like a scam.

Then you buy Executioner and feel like a king, because now your gun has a projectile! WOOOOHOO but you better don't upgrade to Tsunami, it was nerfed more times than you cursed at the game! 

So there is that devs, you either fixing the laser hitscan or your game will keep being a low-key lul fest. 

You’re joking, right? In almost every well made FPS game, no bullets are hitscan. I get the felling you haven’t played many FPS games.

9 hours ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

Okay back to elementary:

So you completely ignore his point about realism in-game and start ranting about how bullets work irl. If MGs were hitscan, chances are they would just become ACs with terrible damage.

10 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

A game has to sacrifice realism for balance and fun

If machineguns werent hitscan they would be useless

It'd be more of a wash, they'd have no range limits but also would miss much more often if they didn't get a very fast projectile speed.

Because otherwise they would be even more outclassed by most other stuff

I would be fine with them being projectiles as well if they had more range and fire rate, and of course really fast bullet speed 

Honestly, it vastly simplifies the code, more efficiently uses the bandwidth, and minimizes stuff like Rubberbanding.  So, if it bothers you, would it bother you more if it ment even more Lag to make MGs more complicated?

Keep in mind, that in Raids, the vast majority of the enemies are running around with machineguns.  The reason Machineguns are Hitscan is so that they don't have to calculate a trajectory for every single bullet whenever somebody casts Wall of Lead.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

Because otherwise they would be even more outclassed by most other stuff

I would be fine with them being projectiles as well if they had more range and fire rate, and of course really fast bullet speed 

Holy molly WHY your thinking is SO limited? We can change the machineguns stats COMPLETELY if we want! Where in the world did you see 50cal bullet doing little to NO DAMAGE??? If we make shooting more realistic then we can bump it up to MORE REWARDING too!

@psiberzerker @xCrossFaith @Bobbill12345 @tenshiijinit' like devs did put you in a box and you can't think freely outside of it WHATSOEVER! Emberassing! Just watch the game break the ice to fall to a new low, unless somebody from the devs team will actually LISTEN to me!!!! @Rukath @xcai35

@Jiffy_boi And I'm not talking about realism as much as am talking BETTER GAME QUALITY! We need. better. game. quality.! THE GAME LOOKS UNATTRACTIVE when mechanics are poor!

@VisceraCleaner Why are you comparing old dusty games to a SHINY 2017 CROSSOUT??? Maybe because crossout looks like poopoo?

Here is the screenshot with my actual nickname just so you know

image.thumb.png.4b5a4b5657c32f90506abedd

Edited by Boi_On_A_Blocc

11 minutes ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

Where in the world did you see 50cal bullet doing little to NO DAMAGE???

Uhm, the Army?  I love the Ma Deuce, I do, but you seem to have some odd ideas about how powerful it is against actual armor.  Shoot up a Lunatic buggy and you're fine.  Against APC roof parts?  Less so, because the Browning Machinegun is the standard for Armored Personnel Carriers, and has been since the 50s.

Also, the only Machinegun I even suspect is .50 Browning is the Punisher.  I suspect that all the others are probably .308Winchestr/7.62NATO, except for the Chord, which might be 7.62x39.

Never thought I'd see someone complaining about something like this. You are aware that projectiles in this game has a 3 block hotbox right? 

Mgs would be no exception. Changing from to projectile weapons would be a hard nerf. To a weapon class that doesn't need any nerfs.

And yes..I suppose they could make projectile hitboxes more accurate to their visuals, but considering every projectile in the game is like this, I'm assuming it has something to do with the game's engine. 

So overall, a complicated change that's not at all needed. 

18 minutes ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

Holy molly WHY your thinking is SO limited? We can change the machineguns stats COMPLETELY if we want! Where in the world did you see 50cal bullet doing little to NO DAMAGE??? If we make shooting more realistic then we can bump it up to MORE REWARDING too!

@psiberzerker @xCrossFaith @Bobbill12345 @tenshiijinit' like devs did put you in a box and you can't think freely outside of it WHATSOEVER! Emberassing! Just watch the game break the ice to fall to a new low, unless somebody from the devs team will actually LISTEN to me!!!! @Rukath @xcai35

@Jiffy_boi And I'm not talking about realism as much as am talking BETTER GAME QUALITY! We need. better. game. quality.! THE GAME LOOKS UNATTRACTIVE when mechanics are poor!

@VisceraCleaner Why are you comparing old dusty games to a SHINY 2017 CROSSOUT??? Maybe because crossout looks like poopoo?

Here is the screenshot with my actual nickname just so you know

image.thumb.png.4b5a4b5657c32f90506abedd

Jesus. Stop raging. Stop whining and thrashing and pounding the floor about something that isn’t a problem in the game and doesn’t obstruct balance. Have you noticed that you are the only one out of everyone here who has a problem? You don’t even listen to reason, you just scream about how people are small-minded when they disagree with you.

”If one person tells you you're a horse , they are crazy. If three people tell you you're a horse, There's conspiracy afoot. If ten people tell you you're a horse,it's time to buy a saddle”
      -Jack Rosenblum

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

you seem to have some odd ideas about how powerful it is against actual armor. 

There is no armor in this game but STRUCTURE parts, SO as far as I'm concerned the 50cal should penetrate it like butter!

1 minute ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

There is no armor in this game but STRUCTURE parts, SO as far as I'm concerned the 50cal should penetrate it like butter!

Okay, well I've fired one, and had them shot at me, while in an Armored Vehicle.  (A Panhard VLB, not exactly a tank.)  A good I beam can reliably stop the Military ball ammo.  The Black Tip AP stuff?  not so much.  What are the machineguns in this game loaded with?  You tell me.

Edited by psiberzerker

You’re funny.  

1 minute ago, Jiffy_boi said:

about something that isn’t a problem in the game and doesn’t obstruct balance.

It is the biggest problem IMO, while "BALANCE" isn't a problem at all, because it still DOESN'T EXIST in this game, at least for now!

”If one person tells you you're a horse , they are crazy. If three people tell you you're a horse, There's conspiracy afoot. If ten people tell you you're a horse,it's time to buy a saddle”
      -Jack Rosenblum

I'M A HORSE! MY NAME IS Boi On A Block AND I'M A HORSE! WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME THEN?

It is the biggest problem IMO, while "BALANCE" isn't a problem at all, because it still DOESN'T EXIST in this game, at least for now!

-Jack Rosenblum

I'M A HORSE! MY NAME IS Boi On A Block AND I'M A HORSE! WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME THEN?

Yeah, it’s an analogy. We haven’t been calling you a horse, we’ve been calling you wrong. You aren’t a horse, you’re wrong.

2 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Yeah, it’s an analogy. We haven’t been calling you a horse, we’ve been calling you wrong. You aren’t a horse, you’re wrong.

CTRL+F wrong 1/2 hmmmmm still ain't ten

2 minutes ago, Boi_On_A_Blocc said:

CTRL+F wrong 1/2 hmmmmm still ain't ten

Once again, an analogy. The quote means that if the majority disagrees with you, it is likely that you’re reasoning is flawed. Ready to start interpreting the English language by yourself?

edit: believe it or not, there are 10 of us in this discussion that agree that you are wrong. Suck it(metaphorically).

Edited by Jiffy_boi