Woodyrojo

[News] Balance changes for wheels and tracks. Mass testing.

prolly gonna be an unpopular opinion on this one, but please be very careful about how you implement this. I don't mind removing stuff like people sitting directly underneath spider builds, but I'd better not be about to get punished for outmaneuvering another wheel build enough to hit them in the side hard enough to wedge them.

Ka1deron (Posted )

QuantumCanine, you are right - as these changes directly affect the gameplay we try to investigate all of the possible outcomes. It's one of the reasons why we open the test server for everybody - so that we can see which aspects might need additional improvements
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

recieving damage when underneeth a vehicle?
what?
i get it, fair eneugh. but ehh, when underneeth a vehicle you should not recieve damage, your speed should be reduced in my opinion. the only parts that would collapse under high weights are lunatics and firestarters. if you ask me

i dont play wedges, so i wont feel anything in my gameplay.

also this mechanic can be weaponized easely. put a reverse wedge on your build and undermount guns. then go sit on a enemy. boom you win
edit: would fusions suffer from this? i have a slight suspicion that fusions will suffer unintentional consequences from this

Edited by GreenTitanCO
  • Confused 19
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

If the total weight exceeds the tonnage, the wedge's chassis will receive damage and may be destroyed.

This is a really cool idea.  it won't stop wedging, but hopefully, it will stop super lightweight cars wedging super-heavy tanks.  +1!

(Any possibility of a fix for Mines, Turrets, and Wheeled Drones wedging your vehicle?)

Edited by psiberzerker

Ka1deron (Posted )

psiberzerker, thank you! It is possible, that this issue will require additional changes in the future. But this step will be a significant one:)
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

#BuffHoverz

#NurfMoanerz

#MakeHoverzGreatAgain!

Can you stop spamming that?

So back to the main topic, i really like this update.

I hope i can see more tracks builds, more various creativity in this game.

PS. It seems Golden Eagle will need new perk (or old perk again).
Now basic speed of tracks is increased, and if someone wants to increase vehicles speed, using wheels or faster track is more viable.
Replacing movement is much easier and more efficient choice. To make Golden Eagle competitive, it needs new perk.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 8

Just now, VisceraCleaner said:

Can you stop spamming that?

Not until the hoverz are great again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

Good job for trying fix some of worst issues (wedges, 2/10 movement) in game devs. But you will need more changes for tracks in future, those parameters are just rookie numbers compared to ability strafe and porc immunity...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

#BuffHoverz

#NurfMoanerz

#MakeHoverzGreatAgain!

hovers deserve some love
as a non-hover player i feel i can say this
with the trajectory the nerfs have been going (for as long it has existed) the hovers are changing into airhocky pucks, and i do not approve

• Confused 11
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

The wedge build (cab) gets dmg?

I think they said the Suspension.  So, maybe it's the wheels/frames that get damaged?  (If your target is heavy enough to exceed your excess Tonnage.)

1 minute ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Why?

Chieftan10.jpg

This makes more sense than watching heavy vehicle flipped by much smaller and lighter car with wedge. 

I think more of a wheel build. Or, if skinner attraction counts as weight, then any build with skinner downwards (...).

14 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

The AntiWedge

So ppl create builds that can drive on other builds and stay there until they passive-destroyed them.

I already did this.  In fact, i called it the "Anti-Wedge." 

Spoiler

3D465D05F3EBC1F059B08C17BC3F0C68557EA8A3

Only, instead of sitting on the wedge, it was a hover designed to skip off them, and damage them with Hatchets, Blade Wings, and undermounted Goblins.

Nobody thought it was a good idea, even though it worked, and I got 1600 damage on impact that way.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I already did this.  In fact, i called it the "Anti-Wedge."  Only, instead of sitting on the wedge, it was a hover designed to skip off them, and damage them with Hatchets, Blade Wings, and undermounted Goblins.

Nobody thought it was a good idea, even though it worked, and I got 1600 damage on impact that way.

Hehe n1. If i play hover i always use blades below :D

BTW; about the anti wedge: i just remember that some wpns cannot shot if you are on them. And some SHOULD NOT shot (retcher f.e.).

So an anti-wedge would be even more effective.

EDIT: plus something to saw from top to make the victom below loosing parts (getting lighter) and getting even more dmg  :D

Edited by _cottton_
  • Haha 1

My 18 ton Bastion is REALLY happy to hear this. 

50 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Reinforced track

• Tonnage bonus increased from +1750 to +1850 kg.
  • Maximum speed increased from 70 to 75 km/h.
  • Turn radius reduced.
  • Enhanced lateral grip.
  • PS increased from 225 to 250.

Armoured track

• Power penalty reduced from -50% to -40%.
  • Maximum speed increased from 50 to 60 km/h.
  • Turn radius reduced.
  • Enhanced lateral grip.
  • PS increased from 360 to 500.

Wedge” vehicles

We are currently working on a change that will add a part of the weight of the lifted machine to the weight of the “wedge”. The added weight will depend on how raised the car is and whether it has any footholds, except for the “wedge” craft. If the total weight exceeds the tonnage, the wedge's chassis will receive damage and may be destroyed.

• Upvote 1

Haven't actually been on the test server yet because i keep getting error 6 prometheus when i try to log on, but i just thought of something that I think would make this change better. I think that the build that is doing the wedging should only take damage if the wedged weight calculation thing results in a number greater than the total tonnage of the vehicle that is doing the wedging rather than using the excess tonnage. On most clan wars / max ps builds, the total unused tonnage is between 1 and 10 kg, meaning that if the wording of the announced change is correct, nearly any act of wedging would result in damage. This way, it would only result in damage if a build wedges a heavier build than itself.

Not sure, could be that this is the announced change and that i'm getting pranked by janky wording lol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I already did this. In fact, i called it the "Anti-Wedge." Only, instead of sitting on the wedge, it was a hover designed to skip off them, and damage them with Hatchets, Blade Wings, and undermounted Goblins.

That's not a wedge... That's a fork!

• Haha 4