Battlejack

Base guarding bots...

And here we have the bots guarding the base, game after game. Three of them this time.
If we have to play with half of the team being bots, just remove that damn guard the base from their AI.
They are at least a useful cannon fodder when they go into the fight. But these base guards are just crippling your team while waiting to be finished of by the winning team.
It's just....

3bot.png

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

And a funny bot story from earlier today...

So one player Blue and Isabella the base guarding bot ware the last two alive, with one player Red in the opposite team. 
But player Blue had no weapons left and player Red had his one retcher.
Player Red was chasing player Blue and an odd grenade would score a hit. 
'Go to our base! Isabella has weapons!' - Shouts someone in the chat.
Player Blue listens to this advise and drives to his home base. And there she is, Isabella, in all her 2 lances and a hammerfall on top glory.
Player Red rushes in, Isabella engages, slowly turning from facing the rocks and drives straight into the enemy! 
Oh it's ON!!!
Player Red cloaks....
Isabella, now awaken by the enemy, keeps her route, passes by him and leaves the scene... ...... .... .......... :014j:
Player red finishes the player Blue. Takes the base. 
Isabella is far away, proudly wondering the empty battlefield before going to the enemy base, too late ofc.

Remove the base guarding from the bots AI!!!

Edited by Battlejack
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

Yes please remove the guarding mechanic. I think if you have a radar radio or detector and can show the bots the enemy they will leave base to engage. Problem is if the other team are unable to do this they are down a couple of meatshields. 

Sometimes bots are pure killing machines especially with the founders energy weapons but the base guarding bots are generally incredibly poor and often can’t hit a one wheeled cab on fire. It’s like they are coded to be worse. 

• Like 1

Yeah I gotta say it really feels like the design is broken or smth.

This is from 2018:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

This is from 2018:

Hide contents

OMG what is this n00b build? If you move like this on spider legs , I'm not surprised that hovers keep breaking you up :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

23 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

This is from 2018

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

• Upvote 2

Bots doing crap like this is the sole reason I wish I could make a skinner build, unfortunately, it wouldn't really be suitable with any of the weapons I use.

They are not guarding the base lol, their pathfinding is screwed. Ever see a hover bot just turning in circles unable to make a decision which direction to go? When you push it further out, it suddenly makes a up its mind.

5 hours ago, Spedemix said:

This is from 2018:

That is one of the worst bot designs too gun firing angles are atrocious. 

Your legwork looked fine to me was that tacklers when they were decent. 

• Thanks 1

Base guarding bots is proof devs don't play their own game

Any dev that actually plays the game knows driving in circles around the base just doesnt work

3 hours ago, Doctor_Dentist said:

They are not guarding the base lol, their pathfinding is screwed. Ever see a hover bot just turning in circles unable to make a decision which direction to go? When you push it further out, it suddenly makes a up its mind.

It is the same thing when they just go to the base and chill there. The reason doesn't matter when the outcome is the same. They sit in the base = they effectively guard the base.
They should just be programmed to go to the middle where they will encounter enemies then. Once they encounter enemies, they usually get into a fight.

• Upvote 1

More likely the derps who made these bad bot builds for the devs forgot to put on radars, radios or detectors... :crazy:

Just allow players to control bots when their car gets destroyed, and retrofit the old bot's design to be more efficient.

• Confused 1