Alice_Accord

The protest of the Crickets.

I'm making a stand, this is unacceptable!

There are a few things in this game that I deem to be poor design choices, Assemblers, the PS system, seal clubbing, wedge builds, and finally Crickets.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this game, that in many maps within the first 5 seconds of a game someone can blindfire a volly of 15 missiles across the map and wipe out a chunk of your build, or even multiple peoples builds if you're grouped up.

And so I'm taking a stand, every single time I get hit by a cricket at the start of a match I'm going to quit the game and start a new one, I know this wont make me popular but unfortunately I'm doing it for everyone's sake, and i urge everyone to do exactly the same until something is done about this.

Remember in COD when people used to start a match, throw all their grenades and wipe out half a team if they got lucky? 

Well this isn't COD, there are no respawns, not everyone has that grenade so it's not a uniform and balanced thing that everyone can do.

So yeah, if it happens, i quit, I'm sorry, but it needs to be resolved and the devs need to pull their fingers out and start looking at the real problems in this game instead of nerfing random things (lol Chord).

Rant over!

:)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

My thing with this would be... 

It's also "unacceptable" if that happens with an autocannon, cannon, or mandrake? Because those weapons are for sure capable land a spawn to spawn hit as well 

The hypocrisy and double standars on this game are so huge that it's quite hard to be sure if a rant is justified or is just another daily "this does damage to my builds pls nerf" so... It's better to always make sure :P 

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

My thing with this would be... 

It's also "unacceptable" if that happens with an autocannon, cannon, or mandrake? Because those weapons are for sure capable land a spawn to spawn hit as well 

The hypocrisy and double standars on this game are so huge that it's quite hard to be sure if a rant is justified or is just another daily "this does damage to my builds pls nerf" so... It's better to always make sure :P 

none of the other weapons do as much damage as a cricket, if i get hit by a mandrake, cannon or AC at the start of the match it's just.. meh... good shot, carry on, but when a cricket hits 1 missile from 1000m away and literally takes off the armour that can usually withstand a bombardment from a shotgun build for a good 10-15 seconds in a fight then i take issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Crickets were like this almost always 

Crickets in God hands were always very good 

They vanished over a year ago when the new Canon arrived and the Harpy cab

But since canon's got a rework crickets started to shine again 

That does not mean that sudden its OP! 

I don't get u people u start and nerf/rework topic Whitout to inform ur self proper 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alice_Accord said:

none of the other weapons do as much damage as a cricket, if i get hit by a mandrake, cannon or AC at the start of the match it's just.. meh... good shot, carry on, but when a cricket hits 1 missile from 1000m away and literally takes off the armour that can usually withstand a bombardment from a shotgun build for a good 10-15 seconds in a fight then i take issue.

That is the perk combined with a good fusion and cab that makes that damage 

If u get hit that often that means u don't know how to move at the begin of the battle 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

in many maps within the first 5 seconds of a game someone can blindfire a volly of 15 missiles across the map and wipe out a chunk of your build, or even multiple peoples builds if you're grouped up.

learn the map, get in blindspots. My only problem with crickets is that it is way too powerful for an epic weapon than can match a relic.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, _ChocoNutsX_ said:

Crickets were like this almost always 

Crickets in God hands were always very good 

They vanished over a year ago when the new Canon arrived and the Harpy cab

But since canon's got a rework crickets started to shine again 

That does not mean that sudden its OP! 

I don't get u people u start and nerf/rework topic Whitout to inform ur self proper 

nono, it's not OP, it's a great weapon, but the spawn shooting thing is bollocks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, _ChocoNutsX_ said:

That is the perk combined with a good fusion and cab that makes that damage 

If u get hit that often that means u don't know how to move at the begin of the battle 

it doesn't happen very often, and i drive heavy slow builds so getting off the spawn is a challenge at the start of the game, more often than not on the longer maps i get thrown in at the front and exposed to it.. :/

1 minute ago, Doctor_Dentist said:

learn the map, get in blindspots. My only problem with crickets is that it is way too powerful for an epic weapon than can match a relic.

It's literally within 5 seconds though, you know how long it takes to get a heavy tracked build to move off a spawn point?

All of this could be solved with a simple tweak of adding invulnerability for first ten seconds of the match. No more spawn-killing. Ten seconds ought to be enough to reposiotion a craft out of the line of fire.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

I assume you use heavy weapons since even those don't do as much damage, they can take out with a shot basically every light weapon,  that's why I asked if it's annoying as well with the other weapons

I would agree that the problem with the cricket is how strong their perk is, explosive weapons as a whole are already powerful enough (mostly) so a 100% increase on damage every 100 metres is just too much, that's what the Whirlwind perk should be imho

Also I would say the spawn to spawn shots is more an issue with map design than with weapons themselves

Edited by xCrossFaith

1 minute ago, Spedemix said:

All of this could be solved with a simple tweak of adding invulnerability for first ten seconds of the match. No more spawn-killing. Ten seconds ought to be enough to reposiotion a craft out of the line of fire.

10 sec is to much

On manny maps that Whould protect fast builds till that point where it would be to late for u to defend ur self 

2 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I assume you use heavy weapons since even those don't do as much damage, they can take out with a shot basically every light weapon,  that's why I asked if it's annoying as well with the other weapons

I would agree that the problem with the cricket is how strong their perk is, explosive weapons as a whole are already powerful enough (mostly) so a 100% increase on damage every 100 metres is just too much, that's what the Whirlwind perk should be imho

Also I would say the spawn to spawn shots is more an issue with map design than with weapons themselves

mhmm, well we all agree that there is an issue there, it's just down to the devs to fix it in what ever way they can, i can't see them redesigning maps though

3 minutes ago, Alice_Accord said:

mhmm, well we all agree that there is an issue there, it's just down to the devs to fix it in what ever way they can, i can't see them redesigning maps though

They did it more than once... So it won't be that a strange thing to happen, it will take a looooooooooong while, that's true tho.. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Lebensklinge said:

Hello

Crickets are fine, maps a meh. 

i agree, it's a fun weapon to use and probably not the main issue here

• Sad 1

Just now, _ChocoNutsX_ said:

10 sec is to much

On manny maps that Whould protect fast builds till that point where it would be to late for u to defend ur self 

What are the many maps? Only map I can think of this being a problem is Rock City.

Theoretically speaking if a craft rushes and gets to enemy spawn before the timer runs out, well you mustn't forget the crafts in the enemy base also have an invulnerability. So it's like "Hello there! I've announced my presence. Let's wait couple of seconds 'till invulnerability wears off and do a 1v6!" :DD

If this really turned out to be a problem, vary the invulnerability timer per map basis; give less time for maps which don't have that many prospects for spawn-killing. Or couple it with a range, 10 sec or 60 meters outside of spawn cap. There are ways. :)

Edited by Spedemix
typo

imo all cricks need is a longer reload time, just to give others a bit of breathing room

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Bs, my friend used to scorp off guns all the time on the desert map.. Or autocannon them off, hell dont even start about mandrake.. 

Its a map issue not a weapon issue

This, the maps shouldn't let you literally spam at the enemy spawn at the start of the battle
How many times on rock city have I crippled like 3 people at the start of the match just cause I spammed mandrakes at their spawn?

50 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Yes I have suggested it so many times already

Crickets would be far more balanced if they had no drop and a slightly slower speed, that would prevent hits out of direct sight, and would be slightly easier to dodge, while still devastating on direct hits.

Edited by Velaryon1007
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Xbox_M_422 said:

Yeah just put stuff in the way, the only exception is a mandrake, and the only solution would be giving the mandrake reduced or 0 damage for the first 15 seconds or so

You can add a roof that goes away

1 hour ago, Alice_Accord said:

I'm making a stand, this is unacceptable!

Look, if you protest every single good weapon we have in this game, and the devs take it to heart, eventually we won't have any good weapons in this game.

Do you want nothing but crappy weapons?  Because that's how you get nothing but crappy weapons.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's that big a deal to blind fire across the map. The problem is the crickets doing way too much damage. Firing 500m across the map makes each rocket 3x more powerful than a typhoon shot, and there's 15 rockets in each volley. If you have it with the harpy cabin, the extra explosion radius allows insane damage coverage. 

Why the devs still allow an epic weapon to be so powerful, I have no idea. But at least for now, I'm guilty of using them in PvP too because why not. It's fun to hit people across the map and get 3-5k damage per volley even when only 1/3 of your rockets hit the targets.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

none of the other weapons do as much damage as a cricket,

There is though: (not saying they hit as hard, but the damage is quite up there)

186294160_screenshot-200329-121426(43-4)

And I've hit higher in actual matches, just didn't manage to get a screenshot in time and I've hit as high as 6k with dual mandrakes.

While crickets are annoying, they have to stay exposed for longer than most weapons, getting knocked around throws their aim off more than most weapons, and they have to land a significant number of the rockets for the ultra high damage you speak of, even from long range.

As has been mentioned, there just needs to be a short invulnerability period at start of matches.

Edited by Steel_Artist

23 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

And I've hit higher in actual matches

The difference is phoenix require actual skill, crickets dont require any skill do delete complete builds, you aim in the general direction, spam 15 rockets who cover a wide area of the map and if one rocket hits you have your 2k-3k damage. No skill required, no aiming required, no danger for the user but the ability to delete builds.

• Upvote 1