Just starting the topic, think it’s hilarious that the light cab is currently at 17k in the market and took all of about an hour to get after the battle pass lol. Smh savages. The perks are disappointing, the griff would have been awesome if it made your allies actually go invisible but if they don’t have cloak and your playing public and not mic’d to call it kinda pointless. Novas will probably get piled if the shield is as big as the clip someone had in the post last month. Cohort the los part of the perk will probably restrict its usefulness, does being invisible count as out of ur los? If I can see u from across the map will the drones really fly over there? I think 11 energy is also ridiculous for a 2100 ps cab. Thought energy would’ve been increased with these maybe 13-14, would’ve made sense.  

Edited by RagingIrish
Added
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Have to admit I'm disappointed with the cabs and dont think I'll be particularly using them any more than the epics

Griffon: Probably the least bad cabin and as many people have suggest will be mostly used on dog builds at the cost of a DPS perk as seen with the blight

Nova: Doesnt work on sideways hover builds and needs the cab to have unrestricted view of the battlefield so when shield is inactive it is easy to pelt the cabin with damage and destroy it very quickly, I guess this is the trade off for having a sheild but isnt worth it imo

Cohort: Damage resistance is on CAB ONLY not weapons not movement parts just the cab

Interestingly however I think with a coordinated team they do have some synergy. The Nova has to have an exposed cab for its perk to activate. Well the Cohorts perk will reduce the damage taken by that cab by 20% (medium cab) for a given time whilst the shield is pretty self explanitory. The Griffon is possibly the outlier here but does provide a more offensive buff in allowing a team to push into an area. If you notice the Griffon and the Cohort both provide perks for "up to 3 players" suggesting some possible "final boss" type event involving the 3 characters relating to these cabs where they are using this synergy

The way I see this synergy working is to push offensively whilst undetected (Griffon) play defensively and hold a position to recharge (Cohort) and use the shield (Nova) either to aid the push if it goes wrong and they come across an enemy or aid the defense if under massive fire.

I'd like to see a high level clan wars team use it in this way.

I'd also like to see a cohort/bastion pairing where it will be at the stage you want them to shoot your plow instead of anything else because it will be dealing chord damage

2 hours ago, YourSaltsSweet said:

I was very sad to see all legendary cabins are the same energy as purples and very similar durability. Why no +1 energy progression?

The small cab is only700mass more.  But the heavy is 4,000mass more than our heaviest purple.  That's a lot. 

2 hours ago, YourSaltsSweet said:

I was very sad to see all legendary cabins are the same energy as purples and very similar durability. Why no +1 energy progression?

Because of perk lol that 13th point is in a form of a perk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sirocc1 said:

Because of perk lol that 13th point is in a form of a perk. 

Finally someone else gets it! I mean... shield? Buffing nearby teammates? Radar invisibility? Come on! Their perks worth at least 3 energy units imho.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

No way the cohort is only for cabins themselves? Yea I’m super disappointed in all of them the people saying the energy is in the perk, the perks suck would’ve preferred the energy lol

Will probably do a griff build not sure what u even run though on 9k mass and that high of ps, if u jammed all 3 of these cabs together like the 2 guys in vulgar build all 3 cabs linked together at the cabs it would be pretty sick though 

14 minutes ago, RagingIrish said:

Will probably do a griff build.

I'm going to swap it for my Harpy, as soon as i unlock it.  The Radar Jammer function, even without Cloak has some definite possibilities.

Edited by psiberzerker

42 minutes ago, RagingIrish said:

Will probably do a griff build not sure what u even run though on 9k mass and that high of ps, if u jammed all 3 of these cabs together like the 2 guys in vulgar build all 3 cabs linked together at the cabs it would be pretty sick though 

That scorp build? 

Screenshot_20200605-112318_Gallery.jpg

Edited by A_V_G_P
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, A_V_G_P said:

Looks like a Megazord

Just got fragged by a Fortune Fusion, pretty sure it was 3 players for 9 of them.  Roasted them pretty good with an incinerator, and blew something (Either a Generator, or Ammo Packs,) but they went on to win the match.  GG, I love to see stuff like that!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Finally someone else gets it! I mean... shield? Buffing nearby teammates? Radar invisibility? Come on! Their perks worth at least 3 energy units imho.

It's not like that's hard to understand.

But some people would prefer more energy and less perks. Choosing your own modules & stuff imho would fit the building part of the game a lot better.

• Upvote 1

I don't want legendary cabins to straight up out-class Epics, so all Epics are useless.  

Also, currently, you can't have 2 weapons that cost 6, and 1 that costs 5.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I don't want legendary cabins to straight up out-class Epics, so all Epics are useless.

This^^^^

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

You forgot powerscore which would balance that in pvp.

Imho they should have even higher ps, my idea was 14e for legendary light cabs and 3000-3500ps for example, but whatever...

Edited by fftunes4real

9 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

You forgot powerscore which would balance that in pvp.

No, I didn't, and no, it wouldn't.

Currently, you can't have 2 Mandrakes and a Reload Engine, nor a radar Detector, nor Chameleon.  A Tilted Double Drake can't have Horizon.  This is the fulcrum, the point of Balance for the entire system.

You can't have 4 Helios, or Trigger, with any of the above (Which is why they're often seen with Aegis, so there's a spare point for Colossus, so the Hovers handle.)

Power Score doesn't take that into account.  Let's see what happens with the Legendary cabins we haven't even gotten yet.  Develop a new meta, and a new Top Tier of Power Score beyond about 15K.

Then, maybe a 5 Energy Relic Generator.  We all want more Energy.  That's the point of a hard cap.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Then, maybe a 5 Energy Relic Generator.  We all want more Energy.

Tell me again, how many relics you got yet? Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question...

Energy should be affordable. Legendary cabs are way more affordable than relics. 

Edited by fftunes4real

12 hours ago, A_V_G_P said:

That scorp build? 

I’ve seen this a few times, scary lol. Always wanted to do a double build. Hoping they see everyone’s talk and maybe add another cab, would even accept no perk or maybe a minor one w 14 energy. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

They should though that’s the whole point is it not- more expensive, raises your ps, pushes u into higher lvl ps matches in turn should be all around better than purps. I made a thread about tiered matchmaking, so nothing ever would be obsolete. People kinda threw a fit.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Also, currently, you can't have 2 weapons that cost 6, and 1 that costs 5.

Current progression has purple cabins making all below tiers useless. Oh wait people still use blues and specials (depending onthe ps they want to play), they did not become useless. The natural progression should have legendaries gaining. 1 energy each. Yup would change the meta, that is a good thing imo.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Energy should be affordable.

I have to agree here.  Honestly, unless EVERYONE got the extra points of Energy (Assuming Legendary Cabins, and Relic generator came out in rapid succession, the new cap would be 18.) there would be at least a brief period where only the players that already have it all (The Uranium, top tier teams...) would have that advantage.

You have to admit that a Tilted Mandrake with Chameleon would be OP.  Even with the fallback "I don't have any other argument, so I'm going to check your garage" argument, you have to realize what an advantage you have is, if you're trying to leverage that to shut me up.

Who cares how many Relics I own?  The natural progression is so obvious that common sense applies, or it doesn't.  I don't have to own one of every part, and have a stockpile of Uranium, because there's nothing to spend it on once you have 21 Porcupines already to be aware of the game balance.  That's a non-argument, it's avoiding the argument all-together.

Edited by psiberzerker

7 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

You have to admit that a Tilted Mandrake with Chameleon would be OP.

I admit that chameleon is OP (same as radar detectors), no matter the energy cap.

Tilted mandrakes not so much. I survived many of them point blank. And i haven't seen a fast tilted drake build yet, they're easy to outmanouver.

Also, back then before apollo was introduced, people were just as scared. "Double mandrakes? That would be OP af, please NO!"

8 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Who cares how many Relics I own?

I told you it was a rhetorical question.

Energy should be affordable, relics aren't. A 5-energy gen could as well be legendary, just with less durability / more blast damage than apollo for example.