SlightlyNoobish

BUG: Griffin Cab - Drones Targeting AI

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw When enabling the Griffin cab Perk the drones (all including annihilator drones) do not drop target
What you expected to see When enabling the Griffin cab Perk the drones (all including annihilator drones) should drop target much like Invisibility mode
Conditions in which error reproduce See test here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7DBcrL4M4
Notice once drones are targeted and perk is used they do not return to drone carrier
Problem details When enabling the Griffin cab Perk the drones (all including annihilator drones) do not drop target
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would expect them to drop as well, you'll notice that drones do not target griffon cab with perk since it is not radar detecatble, with annihilator drones the vehicle with the griffon cab can not even be targeted while the perk is active

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, Skula1975 said:

Not a bug

I play anihilator a lot.
I did not test this. But to be honest: i would expect them to stop shooting.

Perhaps this is the same similar bug we had when anihilator did not stop shooting if enemy was cloaking.

Edited by _cottton_

Turret , keep attacking ( Turret no need radar )

Drone (falcon,etc..)    stop attacking ( drone require radar)

Hurricane (need radar but only first moment of attack, you can't cancel coming missile) missile keep chasing target

Caucasus ,stop attack

Annihilator ,keep attacking   (I want to complain about different with Caucasus, clearly , Annihilator are using new targeting system
Please overwrite this to Caucasus trash system )

Edited by XiOiUS

Yep, other than spark (and there are ways around spark) I've never encountered one cab/module/weapon that complete locks out so many other weapons. Not only does it lock out the original vehicle but up to three other vehicles for 11 seconds as well. Aegis lasts what? 4 seconds? But can be destroyed. Also, a team using more than one Griffon and can nullify caucasuses, missiles, annihilators, and drones for an entire match. With cloak at least a player can ram a cloaked vehicle out of cloak so it can be targeted again. 

Either the Devs think it's okay to completely nullify so many weapons for 11 seconds at a time (and this protection could cover the entire enemy team of 8 players by the way) or I'll have to go back to that old standby... Do the Devs even play this game? 

GG Devs.

Edited by PriorityOne

Reading the description of the perk,

"When activated the player and 3 closest allies are invisible on the radar and become immune to the effects of Oculus and Verifier for 11 seconds. Cool down 20 seconds."

So where does it say immune to Caucasus? These enemy were within close combat melee distance, in line of sight, no Radar or Detector required and I could not lock on to any of them. They were close enough to me that my Cabin Radar would be sufficient and their Melee Weapons were scratching at my Bumpers. Nowhere in that description does it say that it blocks a close combat Caucasus manual lock on. Fix it!

I can understand if Perk Activation makes long distance Caucasus lock on impossible, but not at close range with line of sight.

Fix it!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LordTutor said:

Reading the description of the perk,

"When activated the player and 3 closest allies are invisible on the radar and become immune to the effects of Oculus and Verifier for 11 seconds. Cool down 20 seconds."

So where does it say immune to Caucasus? These enemy were within close combat melee distance, in line of sight, no Radar or Detector required and I could not lock on to any of them. They were close enough to me that my Cabin Radar would be sufficient and their Melee Weapons were scratching at my Bumpers. Nowhere in that description does it say that it blocks a close combat Caucasus manual lock on. Fix it!

I can understand if Perk Activation makes long distance Caucasus lock on impossible, but not at close range with line of sight.

Fix it!

Right, but Caucasus and other weapons that use a radar are affected. Even if your radar is destroyed your vehicle has a built in "limited" radar (which is why you can lock on if the enemy is close enough after your radar has been destroyed. So for 11 seconds, anyone under the Griffon's perk can free fire on anyone using a radar-based weapon with no threat of retaliation. It gets even worse if the opposing team is using several of the cabins and coordinate their perks. 

If they damage you or you damage them then the perk should disappear just like a cloak would.

The Griffon Cab's perk needs to be adjusted. Yes, there are counters to any number of weapons out there, but nullifiers? This is ridiculous.

If you are using a weapon that requires a radar you are weaponless when going up against anyone under the effect of the perk. So not only does anyone under the effect of this perk become invisible on the map they can also attack anyone with drones, homing missiles, caucasus with no fear of attack. Eleven seconds is more than enough time to kill a weaponless opponent. 

If the vehicle using the perk is within line of sight, or is damaged (ie: by ramming them) then the perk should disappear just like a cloak does. End of story.

• Upvote 1