Sign in to follow this  
CamoWraith

Make Armored Tracks and Meat grinders have variable length

Recommended Posts

This is a horrible idea people would just exploit it and make track walls on the front of their build plus Aces would pay the devs money just to get tracks and spam them on the sides of their build as well as how would devs even do the turning you have to be high to think of this

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

This is a horrible idea people would just exploit it and make track walls on the front of their build plus Aces would pay the devs money just to get tracks and spam them on the sides of their build as well as how would devs even do the turning

I forgot how much people would exploit any and everything they can.

 

3 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

you have to be high to think of this

Very high, ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fftunes4real said:

And how you figure they'd pull off a variable length 3D model of tracks, realistically? Only way i see is making it multiple parts (front - middle - back for armored tracks) and that would have to happen dynamicly in build mode, i doubt devs would even want to think about it.

It's a nice idea, no doubt. 

Yeah, I suspect there would be some programming challenges. 
In the case of the meat grinder, a simpler approach might be to make a half-size version that would connect to the rear of a normal one when placed next to it. You could then stack multiple half-augers to stretch it out further.

Maybe something similar could work for tracks? Make a separate half-size version that could connect to the rear or front of a standard size track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

It would be difficult, because multiple models with different lengths would have to be rendered, and balanced with Goliaths.  (The competition when it comes to the extremes of length)  Especially when it comes to different stats between 1, 2, 3, and 4 section lengths of joined Track.  

That is a good point. I didn't think about that.

 

10 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

And how you figure they'd pull off a variable length 3D model of tracks, realistically? Only way i see is making it multiple parts (front - middle - back for armored tracks) and that would have to happen dynamicly in build mode,

Very thoughtful. I didn't think about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CamoWraith said:

Very thoughtful. I didn't think about that.

I'm not saying "impossible", not at all, but as comparison, people have been asking for the option to mirror wasps for 3 years now... meanwhile we can mirror bigrams. :002:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

I'm not saying "impossible", not at all, but as comparison, people have been asking for the option to mirror wasps for 3 years now... meanwhile we can mirror bigrams.

It's good to try to be realistic though. You brought up legitimate issues that the Devs would have to work with. I didn't even think of these obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 1:51 PM, poony4u2 said:

Do we really want Goliath tracks to get shrunk down to the length of small tracks? 
I would think the base size would be the minimum, and you can stretch.

For goliaths, you should be allowed to adjust their height, that way you could make less top-heavy goliath builds in exchange for your cabin getting hit more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.