DocSavage

Savage Garden

Notice: I noticed I ran out of download space, so I deleted all my previous content . If I could delete the entire thread, Le Sauvage Coup de Jour, I would, just to clean things up, but I'm not sure I can. This thread is simply a  continuation of that thread; my journal of builds, creative displays, and Wasteland discussion. Welcome to the Garden.

So, I already don't like my idea for  monster categorization (by faction). I like this ride too much, and it's a mongrel. I've done several versions of this and I usually have fun with it. I'm keeping it...but that's not really what this post is about (but it happened in this rig). This post is about amazing team work, and how that is one of the best elements in this game (when it's on).

SavageSteel-022.jpg.7779a3d410dc1a5dab44

So, We're out numbered, three to five, it looks grim too because the enemy's well armed. Somebody's hitting us real sharp with a rocket launcher, and then number three is gone before I can group up for the rush that's coming. They've got two bots and three players, and one of the bots decides to make a move for my mate, I peel him off and the others pile on.  Surprisingly, we manage to clear them all out, except rocket man, who kept his distance and shredded our rigs (like you see) while we dealt with his comrades. He left us both so crippled that neither of us could move except to spin in circles, so (here it is) we sandwiched our two half vehicles together (side by side) so we could then drive in a straight line towards our enemy while his rocket launcher was cooling for the next volley (tick-tock). It was some of the coolest shizz I've done in Wasteland. As soon as we were in range we sent him to Valhalla with a single synchronized shot from each of our broken beasts. Boom, game over. It was beautiful. 

HotShot-001.jpg.5c046f4e66d2df0f82d3da3d

Random Wasteland Dude (wish I would have got your tag), I salute you. That was a blast.:014:

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Jousting; not a fan. Overall game-play kinda stinks right now for whatever reason. Between the gawd-awful lag I'm dealing with (windy here) and these wonky boom-sticks, I'm not diggin' it. I'm not sure I get it, and I ditched my Lances because I know I don't like this play-style enough to justify the price tag on those. I'll keep at it with these for the evening, maybe (probably) build something different with'em. IDK...that was an hour of some miserable gaming (these'll get canned, probably).

SavageSteel-023.jpg

Update: Better without windy lag, and maybe It's more fun when it's not running into walls. I changed it up a little, too. I'm still getting mobbed. The matches seem quick. That is, my team keeps getting thrashed real efficiently and in about 60 seconds most everybody is gone...except me and some other guy with drones and a sharp fork. It's kinda lame, but whatever. This dude shall abide.SavageSteel-023b.jpg.5d2b2de4059ba229193

Note: The shield assembly is on a break away do-hicky, and when I'm done frightening the villagers I disengage it and shoot them to death (mine or theirs). Sometimes it can be fun. I'm working on it.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

All these small compact builds make my day somehow better. Theres never ever enough of pickups looking like pickups you know.

IMG-20200402-215613.png

( Simple something i built for my buddy, who was on level 3, and bought the spider pack and insomnia pack so i had "just" those parts. Back then the weapon durability was better so they could be mounted like that, without then getting stripped off so fast.)

And that team spirit tale is great always, no matter how its quite rare. Day ago i got contacted by a ps4 player while i was in combat, and its obvious he is here in this forum, though he refused to reveal his username. To me it was damn fun to try to team up in-game,even as we had huge ps difference between our builds (7500 /10500-ish) . Im all in to try and learn teamplay.

Its way cool to meet up with an unknown team mate, in-game, on battlefield, who i see pulling a u-turn only to flip me back up, or give another a push when seeing one lacks wheels to get himself in position to shoot some.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Simple something

I like the game better in it's simpler forms. And I think I like rolling well under PS4000, best. When the game is tuned right (IMO) nobody get killed very easily down there and then things like strategy, coordination, and build become more relevant. Everybody has the same weak crap equipment, so what you do with it makes all the difference. In the upper levels, getting single-shot from across the board  becomes a thing, like a great many other insta-kill methods. I don't like sitting in a queue for 5 minutes just to find myself back in the queue 60 seconds later.

When the durability of the guns becomes weak so does the game play, IMO. The meta takes over. There are only certain guns (no blues or whites other than the Lupra) that can be tucked away easily. Even the sledgehammer needs 3 blocks (sometimes?), so your build options are limited.  What do I do with a Vector? IDK; build a tower like everybody else? Furthermore, when you hit the Wasteland all your guns and body get stripped off immediately and then game play just becomes a mass suicide, one after the next, and the game is over before anybody was even able to develop a "strategy." You have no guns and now often no wheels with which to perform any maneuver, so what strategy? I'm not sure what the latest update has brought. On paper it looks terrible. In practice, we'll see, I guess. Looks like they just nerfed everything. It seems like a strange update full of stuff nobody asked for (nerf the Chord? ok. sure?). IDK. I haven't gone through it with the fine tooth comb some of the other folks have. I'm still a little green. My technical opinion is pretty weak, probably. I will just have to do what there is to do; hit the Wasteland and find out the hard way...or the fun way, however it goes. It's a new day. Time for a new build.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Yes it all seems to be "fixed" by nerfing every possible thing.

But im enjoying the building. Spend few hrs building a car, then hit the pvp with it for a night, and build a next one. Not much income that way but its so hard to try and fight with my own build that sends a taste of puke to my mouth:015j:

But all these nerfs for small sized weapons are nonsense, total nonsense.

Oh hey check out the build i made as a reply to yours, in your previous thread.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

check out the build

That's a beauty. Too cool.The horn suits that style perfectly. It really helps to give it that feeling of antique science and engineering. It's dated and familiar. I will need to get one of those. It fits the steampunk (diesel-punk?) motif too well to do without. That style looks sharp with small tracks too. Maybe I'll get a set and see if I can't fill my cannon slot with something in that style. It seems like a contradiction (Chitti-Chitti-Bang-Tank), because the builds look so very frail, but if I can keep the power score low enough it matters less, I think.

Sweet Build, man.

Edit: I built this one over a year ago (I think), back when I started (before I rage quit the first time). Looks like it must have been during that awful Tank event, because that's where I got the red camo, tank exhaust, siren and axe decor. I think this is my showcase build for that tank event. I like to make a build that shows off the events theme, my participation, and the beautiful new parts they usually bring (thanks, Devs).

SavageLife-01.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Hopelessly addicted to Burnished Steel.

Unlike other folks, I like raids. I like easy raids. I like easy raids because I can art-build and still ace the gig. That's a lot harder to do for me in PVP. There the meta rules...mostly. I thought I would post this one, because it's where I'm at. It's a refined version of something I put on exhibition a while back. I polished it up a little. It's a blast in easy raids. When I'm just looking for a game where I can blow stuff up in a homicidal hot-rod, this is where I find myself:

SavageSteel-024.jpg.fd28a446e5687889bbf3

I'll run my raid quests with this and then I'll work on "Victor Von Tankenstein," (that's Tanken-steen).

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Hopelessly addicted to Burnished Steel.

I got that way with Midnight (From the War Machine Pack) so I had to sell it.  Black, but with the rust showing, it really makes the Firestarter's parts from the Doomsday event look brutalful.

83C7CDFF35710F2D2F5E8FAA3F8A12E933C2A7F3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocSavage said:

That's a beauty. Too cool.The horn suits that style perfectly. It really helps to give it that feeling of antique science and engineering. It's dated and familiar. I will need to get one of those. It fits the steampunk (diesel-punk?) motif too well to do without. That style looks sharp with small tracks too. Maybe I'll get a set and see if I can't fill my cannon slot with something in that style. It seems like a contradiction (Chitti-Chitti-Bang-Tank), because the builds look so very frail, but if I can keep the power score low enough it matters less, I think.

Sweet Build, man.

Edit: I built this one over a year ago (I think), back when I started (before I rage quit the first time). Looks like it must have been during that awful Tank event, because that's where I got the red camo, tank exhaust, siren and axe decor. I think this is my showcase build for that tank event. I like to make a build that shows off the events theme, my participation, and the beautiful new parts they usually bring (thanks, Devs).

SavageLife-01.jpg

Aah,that axe deco...i'd give my Mandrake for one:wub:

I have one vintage thing on my mind with tracks included, we'll see what we come up with!

These old wheels make me also think about a few Russian armoured cars from 1910-20's.

Thank you very much for rating mine, its highly appreciated. Too bad heres like 1%er club of artsy fartsy builders talking.

• Like 1

So...Crossout. In a fit of frustration I scrapped all of my fancy unsalable sh...stuff. No more Omnibox. Scrapped it. No more Griffon. Scrapped it. No more Jockey (More like Jokey). That fancy sci-fi shot gun...gonna scrap it when it I get it, along with whatever other new cabs come out of this Doomsday event. Gonna scrap'em. Why? Can't sell'em. That's why. Why not keep'em? Because they make my game miserable. I spend hours trying to build something with them and they just strand me in Droneland, Metacity. Not a fan. It would appear the developers spend a lot of time and effort re-landscaping  and re-plumbing that horrible town to make it livable, but it's still full of drats. Always full of drats. Drat. I'm happier without trying to make that sh...stuff work. It hurt the most to burn the Griffon. Gawd, she was pretty...but that frakking power score; a free all day pass to Droneland, Metacity is what she was. It was easier to ditch the Omnibox from the last seasons battle pass, because It's sat in the barn pretty much since I got it, like I expect the Griffon would have too (and those other two cabs that are comming...if I can last that long).

I like the parts I'm getting from the battle passes (that new sci-fi bumper is a winner), but the game that exists at the power scores these new weapons and cabs thrust me into is...not for me. I get why all those people are mad. I'm gonna go around, take the bypass, lowball. As long as the developers can keep the drones and lancers out of the lower tiers, that's where I'll be. I've tried to have an open mind, and I came away with a stronger appreciation for the sci-fi element in Crossout. I'll keep that. Space  Monkey stays, but the game at power scores under 4000 feel more competitive and less 24P3-y, to me, so I'm going to avoid it until they abolish aim-bots, I guess. IDK. The best way for me to avoid that frustration was to round-file that fancy sh...stuff. It hurt, but I'm having more fun. No drone mafia down here.

Anywhat, the Griffon bought the farm, along with her sleezey friends. I'll bury them in a shallow grave behind one of the windmills. The game dynamics are the same on the bottom (craft, ride, destroy), but with less BS, IMO. I'm not as good at litigating it as others. City life ain't fer me...

...Which leads me to this: I want bails of hay decor for my farm truck, and a hillbilly avatar...and maybe a pichfork or something. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold the hog. I'll have to get another Boar. This farm needs a pig...and a tractor.

SavageSteel-025.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I scrapped Griffon, too.  (To level Hans)  I'm still gearing up for Cohort, though.  Whirls look nice, but the perk is problematic.  I think that's probably the best of the bunch on the practical side, but the cabin looks funky, and it'll be hard to build around.  

Like you said, new Structure parts!  The earnings from scrapping the Battle Pass stuff, not to mention the 100 coin packs (There's a big 500 at the end!) still make it a good value for my money.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the new parts, but up next is Small Assembly Section, which definitely has possibilities.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

a good value for my money

Ya, the pass is totally worth it, and I'm sure other folks could appreciate those cabs and guns more than I. There are some truly beautiful pieces to be had any way you look at it.

• Upvote 1

I call it the 5H027 8U5, because drones. When nothing else works, they always do. This clown car out performed the Griffon (at least with my gear constraints) every time. What can I say? it's only packing Cobras, and only one of them is fused. Obviously, the cab is not fused either...but my Griffon was. I'm not keeping this, but I'll post it because I think it's cute. I could sell one of the drones, but why? They always work. Plus, they'll just find a way to give me more anyway. That's where these came from; jack-boxes. They really are the perfect farm tool (monkey hates them). I will try to build something cooler with them.

SavageSteel-026.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I call it the 5H027 8U5, because drones. When nothing else works, they always do. This clown car out performed the Griffon (at least with my gear constraints) every time. What can I say? it's only packing Cobras, and only one of them is fused. Obviously, the cab is not fused either...but my Griffon was. I'm not keeping this, but I'll post it because I think it's cute. I could sell one of the drones, but why? They always work. Plus, they'll just find a way to give me more anyway. That's where these came from; jack-boxes. They really are the perfect farm tool (monkey hates them). I will try to build something cooler with them.

SavageSteel-026.jpg

Great use of fenders, as always.  Love the new Reflecter peice, and especially the way you used it over the cabin.

Yeah, Drones are just easy to fit into Art Builds, because they don't need to be Exposed.  One thing you can do is Barrier IX with discretely hidden Missile Launchers, like Pyres, or Flutes.  These tuck in with very little exposed, if you know what you're doing.  Barriers are just good for Support, but even most Randos know when to come in out of the hail, and they can support the push to Mid/Base.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I want bails of hay decor for my farm truck, and a hillbilly avatar...and maybe a pichfork or something. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold the hog. I'll have to get another Boar. This farm needs a pig...and a tractor.

SavageSteel-025.jpg

That build aint far at all from what im using for soon upcoming new dailies, its just an mg+ac pickup, 4 tiny armor bits outside the body/trunk, and very minimal overall. I enjoy the sub 4k warfare quite a bit and you see tons of agile, car-looking, fast-ish builds there so much more .   

Bail of hay, yes please. Theres so much deco i'd want to see .

Tractor ay? Ill be waiting.

You goin to do a firetruck for the clash? I am, halfway done.

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

You goin to do a firetruck for the clash?

I wish that Wyvern did better, because it dresses up pretty OK as a fire truck. I like its looks in general, but I've never been able to get it to go. The Bat's like that too (cool horn, sigh). Seems like I ought to have a fire based weapon for a fire truck...or I can use drones. They work for everything. I actually like the falcon. I'm not crazy about all the flocking drones, but I actually bought this one back when I started. I thought it was cool. I haven't used it in a while. I've been harassing the Wasteland with the Cobras and farming their scrap, but I can't say I like it as much as my falcon and  some kind of gun that keeps me involved. I can see why the developers would want to put drones in the game; it's pretty cool tech...but whatever....yes: Fire Truck.

Currently, I was looking to scare up some funds, and I thought about selling this can of Damascus. It fetches a good price, and I don't use it on anything because it always made the ride look glam-rock, like Vince Neil ought to be behind the wheel. It was just too much...so of course I just turned up the volume. That's what you're supposed to do, I think. It's how I was taught, anyway. So now I can't get rid of it. This is so obnoxious. After all, I do collect the paints, and if I'm gonna keep Swedish Lasagna, I might as well keep this one (more thin rationalization). It's pathetic what I do for my monkey.

GlamBlaster-1.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

This one, like the "Glam-Blaster" there, started out as a Ravens Tribute car (all jacked high, with polished steele), but I like it better in blue. Besides, I ought to show off more of my colors, I have a lot of them. I like this one.

SavageSteel-028.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

firetruck for the clash

You know, i hadn't realized there was a contest until you mentioned it. I guess I do need a flamethrower. I'll have to grind one out. I'm not sure I can make it, by the dead line (I need to check and see what it is). I'm sure the competition is more than I can handle, but I'll poke my stick at it. Here's what I've got now. I got a kill with it, too!

Needs a flamethrower.

SavageSteel-029.jpg

• Upvote 1

Irresistible creatures, especially that concept pic of Glam Pack:015j:

Made me think of WASP bands few vids set up in some desert / western scenes like Blind in Texas, and Wild Child. 

That bottom pic of red/yellow bandit, could easily turn in to firetruck with flamethrover but i think for competition we need to pull off something more massive. 

Im in terrible hangover , as it was midsummer fest last night, so i better fix this with a shot of booze and guess im about to build something.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

we need to pull off something more massive

Roger that.

This morning I noticed that, since the update, my Color Gaurd no longer had a power score of 1776 (minus ps46 for the fireworks). It's power score was now exactly 100 points short. So, I had to rework it. I like this one better. I'm a bit surprised I got this design trimmed down to PS1730. It's exciting to try and stay alive in this. It's very...lean.

1776.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

The Crossout Fire Department

Neither of these have I built as a Leviathan, nor do I have a flame thrower (yet?), so they aren't ready for prime-time, but there it is so far.  Once I get a flame thrower I can take it more seriously...or not. I wouldn't mind having a version of the XOFD for PVP. If I get my flamethrower, I might, but I expect it to be more trouble than it's worth, and I'll just sell it and buy that Boar. IDK. I'm staying pretty entertained building stuff. Cool Legos.

SavageSteel-031.jpg

Update: I like the big guy better with the CK. I put a Junkbow up top because that's what works (like the drone in the trunk.), and I still don't have a flamethrower...I tweaked a few things.SavageSteel-XOFD-1.thumb.jpg.a7a84dec11d

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hah hey we arent doing so different builds it seems, ill try to post mine soon, im struggling with otg cable +usb memory stick again.

Very very nice truck there, you have.:014:

• Thanks 1

A better drone boat (oxymoron?). What am I supposed to do? All the guns just fly off when somebody frowns on them. These grow back, and they're free. All of these fused together drones came in a Jack-Box except two, I think. I think I bought two in order to fuse the unsalable Jack-Box Drones. It's a lot easier than what I used to do (play Crosout). This rig has one of each; a Cobra, Sidekick, and a Falcon...and maybe a Batman. I thought I would set it up with just the Falcon and do a Batman and Robin theme, but what do I do for guns? Where do I hide them that they won't get stripped off? Nowhere.That's where. My Junkbows work great now, but they really don't mix with this...IDK. Whatever. I've actually got my attitude set on hovers again. I did that once but they seemed too tame. No noise or rumble and crash, just this whine...n..n..nnn.nn.nn.n.n. But I've seen some really cool builds with them, and I'd like to try it again.

Anywho...I'm Batman.

SavageSteel-031.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1