DocSavage

Savage Garden

47 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

but what do I do for guns? Where do I hide them that they won't get stripped off?

You could flip the plow and undermount a wasp, but other than that...

Looks nice, love the racing wheels ck.

The problem is that Drones don't target their guns, either.  They target Cabin Health, the biggest stack of durability they can.  Also, you don't have to shoot drones off, you can just wait for them to time out...

XOFD update: I'm pooped. Here's where it's at and that's where it's gonna stay. It's not a winner, but whatever. It's done. I'm done.

SavageSteel-XOFD-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

You could flip the plow and undermount a wasp

That's a good idea, I think. I had an undermount arrangement of shotguns for my Wyvern that almost worked. Maybe I should try and refine that scheme today. The Battle Pass led me into a new sci-fi shotgun last night, and I have a pair of Pyralids from earlier in the saga. Looks like undermount/sci-fi drone patrol day.

13 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

you can just wait for them to time out

Word.

6 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

But you did good, with big G. Not that generator.

(Generator?), I flipped level 15 with the Nomads last night, so I've got more parts to work with today, but I'm moving on. I'm not sure how long I want to hang onto this Remedy either. I expect its value to be pretty flaky on the market because of the contest. I should build something fun with it. It has potential. It's very frightening but it doesn't seem that dangerous by itself.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I'm not sure how long I want to hang onto this Remedy either. I expect its value to be pretty flaky on the market because of the contest.

This weeks' challenges kinda through the Market for a loop, too.  I have to sell my Impulses to buy Autocannons (Or Plasma Emitters) and there's a Crafting challenge, too.  Which threw off Materials up to Plastic, and Wires (Special and above.)  I think I'm going to wait for it to stabilize a few days first.  We got all week...

Also, the Clash of Engineers has moved onto the Voting stage.  So, the value on Remedies is gonna tank.

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Also, the Clash of Engineers has moved onto the Voting stage.  So, the value on Remedies is gonna tank.

Ya, screwed again, I am. I missed the entry deadline apparently, now I'm stuck with an expensive fun-sink I didn't want (and grind-ed my 455 off to get) . I've never won a contest in my life, for anything, ever. IDK WTF I was thinking...In all fairness I certainly have some stupid thoughts sometimes. I'm fortunate more of them don't do actual damage to myself and others, but whatever. I need to buy a Boar. This farm needs a hog, and I aim to get one (more stupid thoughts, maybe?), so it's time to hit the market and ditch that Remedy at the fools bazaar.

SavageSteel-XOFD-Levi2.jpg

UPDATE: I can't even sell that Remedy. It's got a 12 hour lock on it unless I can sell it for more than what I paid, and that isn't going to happen. GDMNT. I'm really gonna loose my 455 on that thing. By the time I can sell it, the price will be crap. I expect to loose about 200 coin on this deal. I suck at this game.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Where does he get those wonderful toys

Where are you hiding those drones? (cool car, I need those head lamps). It's so lean, it's hard to see where they are stashed. I dig the monster colors (prpl/grn).

Edit: JOKER! Those are Joker Colors. How did I miss that (preoccupied lamenting my own idiocy? Yes, indeed)? I can't believe I let the Joker get away. Drat!.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DocSavage said:

Where are you hiding those drones? (cool car, I need those head lamps). It's so lean, it's hard to see where they are stashed. I dig the monster colors (prpl/grn).

Wait for some 2hrs and i'll try to post up a battle scarred screenshot of it which i think i took today, it shows that goon cars intestines a bit.

It has eaten cloak as joker needs a joke, Grenadier, Sidekick,Radio,Microfactory,Gas Gen and Duster. At the moment it has different machine gun than in the posts pics above.

Its made of paper and glass but ive gotten some Half a dozen kills with it and survived half of the battles, to my surprise, but it sure hasnt given much of points but i have no obsession for points. Its scrap i collect,the little i get with Scammer Pak. I was going  to finally invest on Why so Cerial horn ,to use it as drivers head but there was zero on sale when i started to build this today and later a few appeared in the market but with prices over 2000 coins...

Thanks a Lot for rating it. I built it quite fast but it turned out doable and i kinda like it. Inspiration was your Batcar , obviously.

Say, ever t-h-inkered around Christine movies car, for Crossout?

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
Added thoughts, added cloak.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Christine movies car

No, but that sounds like a good application for a flamethrower, doesn't it? I've been flirting with the idea of a fleet of Forest Service vehicles. I like the LEO style service vehicles but I'm not a friend of the fraternity. So, it occurred to me that the Forest Service has vehicles like that but with a more earthy color scheme and less Richard-swinging. Plus, I like critters, and the Earth, so it makes a better ego for my id. I'm really not sure what I'll build today. Nothing, maybe. I can't seem to want to play today. My attitude sucks. I must fix it somehow.

• Upvote 1

Hey, if u can and have time, shoot me some links to such forest service vehicles as i dont know em. In my country we dont have them, atleast we dont have ant specific logos/colours/vehicles for people doing similar work. Its not even that far from my other occupation of wilderness guide, i guess.

And yes, Christine would match with flames indeed.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

shoot me some links to such forest service vehicles

https://i1.wp.com/lamleygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/fe9a1-img_37632b2.jpg?ssl=1

They're basically the same as any emergency vehicle but they tend to use green or brown and be off-road ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Here you go, Doc.

And, a cloak too, eh? That's bare knuckles. Excellent space conservation. Awesome action shot of the cloaking device too (I can never remember any of the hardware names). I like it.

My Remedy sold, finally. I'm still a little short for that Tusk, but if I can find the ambition to play (my appetite  is still too weak), it's not too far out. I need to earn another hundred coin or so. I could probably scrounge it. Once I get the pig, then I'm on for a tractor, with a Harvester too, but that's more like a pipe dream. Harvesters are pretty expensive last time I checked.  Eventually, I hope to find that UFO (hovers) I know is buried on this farm somewhere. It's probably buried next to the Visa. If they'd do a proper sale on that Pandemic Pack, I'd bust it out (for the fenders), then I could scrounge up some hovers.

Pigs might fly on my farm one day. It could happen.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DocSavage said:

That's a good idea, I think. I had an undermount arrangement of shotguns for my Wyvern that almost worked. Maybe I should try and refine that scheme today. The Battle Pass led me into a new sci-fi shotgun last night, and I have a pair of Pyralids from earlier in the saga. Looks like undermount/sci-fi drone patrol day.

Sadly, when mounted inverted, the pyralid is way worse to undermount than the wasp - the barrels sit closer to the middle and it can't aim up like a wasp can if you have armor in front of it...

• Thanks 2

This could be a cool John Deere riff. I looks like a lawn mower. I like the design, but the game is pretty bad now about all the guns being so flimsy. This Splat-gun is supposed to be an Epic? I can't imagine using this up there. It gets stripped off by the farm hands in the rid-neck arena behind the barn. I'm not sure the gun is as pathetic as the current game mechanic is making it out to be, and I can't imagine the game being left in this state. Surely, they'll fix this? If they did this thing would be a lot of fun...but it's not.SavageSteel-032.thumb.jpg.793b6a4269e3cb

So, I built it this stupid helmet. I thought it was a ridiculous amount of protection...nerp. The the pea shooters out back still laugh it right out of it's hole. They leave the cage, oddly, but the gun? They're like the Lone Ranger out there. Everybody can just shoot the gun right out of your hand...even when it's holstered like this.

SavageSteel-032b.jpg.00f3ec29ce0c976acb7

This is awful. I really needed an attitude adjustment, and this is not it. I don't like the ugly orange thing that splat-gun does either. That's the thing that's going to make me scrap it. It's so hideous when it does that, and I know they'll never change that....cool bumpers and fenders and parts and stuff, though. When the developers get a grip, those will be nice to have. The Cheese-ray isn't my flavor, though. Probably looks great on a cell-phone.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I don't like the ugly orange thing that splat-gun does either. That's the thing that's going to make me scrap it. It's so hideous when it does that, and I know they'll never change that....cool bumpers and fenders and parts and stuff, though. When the developers get a grip, those will be nice to have. The Cheese-ray isn't my flavor, though. 

Yeah, I already salvaged my Gravstar.  Not really my flavor, either.  It sucks that you can't even use it for Shotgun Day, for the Photon/Energy players.  Really hate that it heats itself more than it ever heats anybody else.  Even if they fixed it, sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on it, probably still wouldn't butter my toast.  Whirls are really more my speed.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Hey, whats that JD builds green paints name ? 

It's in Iguana(green) and El Dorado (yellow).

So, I got my pig (now I'm broke), and what I learned from this build is that bumpers are absolutely worthless? Is that part of the new fix? This thing gets lit up stupid easy. Even the thugs in the back yard rip this thing apart in short order. I really don't understand how this game is supposed to work. I thought my biggest issue would be how heavy this thing was. It's covered in bumpers, the train-plow, too. Totally not the issue. It has no health, and damage just seems to pass right through all those bumpers and this thing might as well be naked. I'm also not sure it doesn't damage itself when it rams stuff. I'm not selling it, though. I think it's the game that's broke, and it's got little to do with what I buy or use, or how I build. Nothing works but drones. Those bores don't do much either, and the sledgehammers are worthless. Short version: This build stinks well beyond my expectations. Being as this cab is awkward to build around, and it's health sucks, and it needs to be mounted out front for its perk to work, I'm baffled. If I have to bury it like any other cab, I might as well have any other cab, because it's perk don't work (or am I wrong about that?). WTF? This must be the work of....The Riddler! (Dun-dun-dun)

SavageSteel-033b.thumb.jpg.8d29ac309a54e

I'm calling it BBQ.

SavageSteel-033.jpg.d7dafcdfebd28c758ccb

I'll have to use regular armor and body parts for my next build. I call it..."Pig in a Blanket."

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another paper tiger (well, it's that pig in a blanket). Big heavy guns, completely wrapped in armor, it's fast, and it gets it hat handed to it over and over and over, like it was made out of cream cheese. I'm convinced I'm fighting an algorithm, like my account's to rich, PS too high, IDFK. What I do know is that I'm sick of playing...so. I'll sport drones until I can take it no more and then just uninstall this crap and do an overhaul on my computer (refresh my OS and reorganize my programs and files), because computer repair service is actually more entertaining than this game right now, by leaps and bounds. My Fallout New Vegas mods need to be reorganized and cleaned up too. Maybe I'll bust out that old Dell server I got and set that rig up for games. I needed paste to install the new processor I got for it, and that came in the mail a while back. I...meh. Fuggit. Adios.

SavageSteel-033c.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 10:39 PM, DocSavage said:

Notice: I noticed I ran out of download space, so I deleted all my previous content .

Nice builds as always. To keep them up for us, try using imgur.com it will keep your pictures forever with no storage limits, then just paste the link to the picture into a post and it will be there :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, _Lemmy44_ said:

Nice builds as always

You would know. I was actually just going to suggest to Siberian_Jay3x6 that he should check out some of the builds you had posted. He seems to be on the same greasy page. I figured if he actually likes mine, he'll love yours. Looking at yours has given me a idea of where I would like to get eventually.

I bought the Corrida pack (it's on sale) and the cheap blue Wyvern with the fancy gun (can't remember what it's called), so I got some new parts, and I like the Corrida cab. I bought the packs largely so I could scrounge up the change for Hovers, though. I thought I would give those another shot. Oops.
Ya, those hovers...they sure are OP...if you can fly them. I can't. I really tried (again) I'm guessing they just aren't for me. I really tried though. They're addictive if you can get the hang of them, and for a moment I did, but wow. They take a lot of concentration (for me anyway), and everybody just kind of knocks you out of their way and bounces you off the walls. I think maybe I'll come back to those another day. Here's one of the builds I was whining around in:

SG-0001.jpg.fc61d229c66b9c5ff0fa45c8fbc5

I think they Must have updated something, because the game doesn't seem as messed up as it did yesterday. I know I didn't just get really good all the sudden. If I did, then I'm sicker than I thought, and my mind is going fast. I'm back to running my same ol'builds, (some of them are pretty goofy) and every once in a while I can tear it up pretty good (even in the goofy ones). That was not happening at all a few days ago. Something changed, and I don't know what. It's not the hovers. I'm not very good with those, and I ran this turquoise clown car and tore it up well enough too, so I know they must have changed something. The way things were I would have never even got that thing on the field. It would have gotten one shot popped.1170906453_screenshot-200626-195820(-267

I'm glad for it, whatever it was. Now The Batman can take his bat-drones back to the Bat-cave. They got me through, though. I'm pretty sure I don't do drones like the other fellas I see. I don't run from anybody very often. I'm usually right up in their grill ganking their tires off with my fork, rather than fleeing into stealth mode like a...It's frakking Batman.

SG-0002.jpg.b2b61c115bf8e6765eba53cc658a

Now I've gotta re-imagine the farm. I've got a new cab, some guns and teeth, and little coin, the game seems to be running fine, now I should build something new, but what? The pig didn't work out very well (sold the hog again). it sort of does one thing and not very well. I guess I focus on the Corrida. I like it's simple straight forward perk, but not those rocket launchers it came with. Those got the boot, like that flimsy new Laser Shotgun. Boy, that thing's not great, but I really like the new sci-fi mufflers I got with the Battle Pass. Those are nice. I'm still sad about the Griffon though. I would have liked that thing to be more useful, but the power score is way to high for me to make anything out of. Maybe another day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1