DocSavage

Savage Garden

14 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

You mean Born Free pack and Joule autocannon

That's the one...and you should check out Lemmy44s builds. There are some gnarly beasts in his grotto.

So, today the game likes me better. Is it because I bought some goodies from their store, or is it because they patched something?..or is it just that I'm on my cycle? I'm not sure I care, but I'm glad it's over. I lived to bark at the moon another night.

The Batman and it's drones was actually fun sometimes. I did a lot more stunt driving, and jumping off of cliffs onto bad-guys while deploying robin and his super friends. Visually it was pretty cool sometimes, and I earned a drone-nerd logo for my avatar so everyone can know what kind of a jerk I can be.

SG-0004.jpg.933f8cff4c97f51e327698d213f5

I'm not a fan of going all aimbot, but I'm glad I could. The game 5UCK3D, but it feels better now (nothing more than feelings?), and I put away the Bat-Drones...but The Batman was harder to just dismiss. I reworked it, and I'd like something a little prettier, but this is actually working for splendid ultra-violence on those bratchney lewdies, oh brothers. I found my groove again, and that is too find that guy who is causing all the trouble and terminate that so the team can progress. There is often somebody (occasionally a hover sniper) who is camped off afar and wreaking havoc on my mates. That's my target. Do or die, I just get a kick out of wrecking his wreak...which reminds me that I need to put some blades up top for the floaters. My last version had'em (I forgot'em)...None the less, this thing has been fun. If you can aim a rocket launcher, those cancel my frolic pretty well, but if you can't, your life of crime may be over.

I like the Corrida. It certainly sounds like I think a Bat-mobile should, and it has a useful and versatile (generic) perk. It seems like it would look good dressed as a tank, too. I also like the fenders and nose-piece with the two packs I got. The price was fair. Thanks, Gaijiin. I'm having more fun today.SG-0003.thumb.jpg.d70024102d39d6cf88cfa2

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

bat tumbler vibes

Ya, I think I might have been able to make a more authentic replica (or not. It was hard) if I tried, but I want it to work too, and I'm glad it is.

Because I can't get the bats out of my belfry, I think I'm going to build another one. This one is going to kick the interceptor out of it's slot...maybe. That one's a lore-spoof too (Road Warrior) and I like it. IDK...anywhere, back to the Bat-Cave. I must create another....I've also noticed some players like to go by "Joker" this or that. You know I can't resist that if you're wearing red, and I'm wearing my Bat-Wheels. I Saw the Penguin out there too. It's been a fun theme.

Edited by DocSavage

Interceptor :wub:

Crossout-20200626022509.jpg

My one Skinner attempt looked a bit like it, and not by accident. Its the coolest movie car Ever, together with that Barracuda from Highwaymen , '55 from Two Lane Blacktop /Bob  Falfas car , and  the holy grail...Milners coupe in 'Murican graffiti. 

Man dont you know the hate overflow one might get poured on himself for just mentioning roadwarrior. These folks cant stand his legacy that wont ever fade away:014:

Bat-all is very inspirational indeed. I like the Keatons Batman the best i guess.

I suck at builds with tires like you put em when doing that tumbler. I might give it a try too. I think ive seen few tumblers in ps4 exhibition but to my own taste and desire to use em in fight, they are massive, heavy builds ,and i prefer compact like yours. Its a bat drone boat ,yes ?

Oh,do i know Lemmys creations. Yes i do, theyre my favorite ones together with your builds. Both have their own style, and i like style.  There was a third builder whose vehicles i admire as well but right now i cant recall his name, sorry.

Its around 3.5 hrs to new daily challenges so i might pull out some theme build. Hit me up with an idea of what to build ?

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 2:40 PM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Barracuda from Highwaymen , '55 from Two Lane Blacktop /Bob  Falfas car , and  the holy grail...Milners coupe in 'Murican graffiti. 

That's a strong list right there.

Its a bat drone boat ,yes ?

The Torero is not, but the Growl is a total drone-boat, and my latest (Hotrod) is a hybrid. It's got a sidekick in the trunk.

Hit me up with an idea of what to build ?

For raids I like fast. Sometimes I start with an indie-car style frame and load it up with mini guns. My Quantum works good for that, and so does the Growl. Right now, I'm on a Batman binge (as you see), but not many other superheros are known for their cars. There are lots of TV cars. Starsky and Hutch had a cool ride, but so did Fred Sanford, and I like both of those styles. First-responders are fun to build, the military rigs are over played but still pretty cool. Not very many folks get it very right (IMO), but when they do it's sharp...and violent. Sometimes I just stick with a faction and build according to their ideology as I perceive it. My standards are Mad Max, Buck Rogers, and The Waltons, I reckon. I'm often aiming at one of those styles...I also really like old muscle cars.

This is where I'm at right now; Batman Classic. I have a die-cast metal scale model of this version from the 1940's Batman serial. It's really not far off. I said I don't do cover songs, but this one is pretty close for me. I've only taken it out once and I rescued a mate that was getting mobbed, as he had been flipped over and helpless. That meant I got mobbed too. The rest of the team didn't arrive in time to save me, but I did rescue my mate who went on to put a little fire on those red guys. I'll take it out again. I'm betting I can bag me a red-leg with it.SG-0004.jpg.99f732daed9e82a419f8fa417359

UPDATE: I added a chord and moved the Joule. The fin has a convenient but unintended function of protecting that Joule...bonus.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

This morning I polished this one off. It's a riff off of the 60's Batmobile. I had something that looked a little more like it did on the show, but this works better, and while I like form, I also like little function too. I try to make up the difference by being clever on the battlefield (not my strong suit). Sometimes I can pull it off. With my current Bat-fleet I can. I added a Chord (mostly as armor) to the 40's model and moved the Joule up top (in front of the fin) and it gets me a kill or two usually now. The Bat-Drones always work, of course, and the 40's model has a Sidekick, but this 60's model does not. It does however have that cool jet engine in the back, just like the TV show. It helps me make sharp turns and change direction easy. The things pretty heavy so it does well with a little boost, and true to it's roots, it does melee pretty good and it hits pretty hard, like I'd expect a Batman should. I'm liking the theme maybe because of that. The Batman was always a keen combination of near sci-fi tech and savage knuckles. That's a fun blend to work with here, and this game seems well suited for it, I think. The all drone model doesn't have to do melee, but it can, and it does, and if I do I can often pick up a third kill. I got 5 once, no kidding...drones...and maybe I got a little lucky.

So, whatever. Here it is.

SG-0005.jpg

Oh ya, I'm liking the new fangs from the Doomsday event. I'm certain they have some cool build potential I haven't quite worked out, but it's in there. Thanks, Devs.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I added a Chord (mostly as armor) to the 40's model and moved the Joule up top (in front of the fin) and it gets me a kill or two usually now.

I just love how Chord, and Joule look next to each other. 

301872ADA58693CD6D1AE4DB4B62F00E3681E038

XD

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

I just love how Chord, and Joule look next to each other

I should update the picture. I think I will. BRB...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I actually put a Chord on my Joule build (Joule of Denial) for machinegun Day.  Since it's not (Technically) a Machinegun, just to get the Scrap.  That's when i saw how much they looked alike.  Also, kinda funny pairing the cheapest (In some cases Free) automatic weapons with one of the most expensive and effective ones.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Also, kinda funny pairing the cheapest (In some cases Free) automatic weapons with one of the most expensive and effective ones.

I can appreciate the irony for sure. It is a little weird, isn't it? I also used that trick to get a Machine gun Patch to level up something or other.

You had mentioned co-pilots a few times in multiple posts, so I have been giving them more attention lately (and that's probably what I was up-grading). That's paying off, I think. I also wanted to pick your brain about hovers. You're one of the few people out there that didn't go for the sideways-hover-cheese-box exploit that I see a lot of people doing. Your hover builds are pretty sharp, I think. They looked efficient, well balanced, and even robust artistically. That's a difficult combination in general, and hovers are particularly difficult to build..and fly if you do it wrong. Even if you do it right, I think they still take a good bit of practice and concentration to use. They're OP only if you know what you're doing. I'm not there yet, and I sold them off anyway. I'll make another run at it one of these days, but I think I want more build freedom when I do. I want more parts. They seem well suited for the loner types like me, maybe you (IDK), because I usually find them camped in a alcove off by themselves sniping, rather than with the herd facing the crunch. That might work for me on some level...on the other hand I do like my melee, and they don't do that very well as far as I know. Obviously I'm pretty moody. It might be nice to have the option one of these days. I just can't see a proper sci-fi fantasy being fleshed out completely without them. I'm certain I can get a lot of Flash (ah-aaa) Gorden out of a set though, and I want to do that.

Edited by DocSavage
Your..no, You are...no, you're...whatever.
  • Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:39 PM, DocSavage said:

Notice: I noticed I ran out of download space, so I deleted all my previous content .

@DocSavage Open an Imgur account and copy-paste the image links. I ran in the same problem in the past and now thanks to that wise decision I can post things like this

owc2bjk.jpg

without worrying about storage space ever again!

https://imgur.com/

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I also wanted to pick your brain about hovers. Your one of the few people out there that didn't go for the sideways-hover-cheese-box exploit that I see a lot of people doing. 

Okay, just keep in mind that I'm weird, and people do things the OPtimal way for reasons.  So, when it comes to things like my 3 Engine hovers, it's a personal build-challenge to make something work, and not compete with the Top Tier Clan Wars über-hovers.  Among other things, limiting yourself to 3 of them keeps your Power Score down to below 9,000, so you basically only have to worry about the Seal Clubbers, who have no Armor.  

59 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

They seem well suited for the loner types like me, maybe you (IDK), because I usually find them camped in a alcove off by themselves sniping, rather than with the herd facing the crunch. 

they're pretty well suited to just about anything but a CQBrawler.  Honestly, yes you can set them up for a loner, long range camp-and snipe.  You can also set them up for mid-range DPS, which is basically what i used them for (But you have to be good at Dodging.  They won't do that for you the way that Tanks just automatically absorb damage.)  

What were you thinking about, pairing with the Hovers?  

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

What were you thinking about, pairing with the Hovers?  

Well, that's my problem; I have nothing to pair them up with. I saw that you used the Prometheus, and I liked the looks of those, but they are too big of an investment right now...but that looked interesting to me. It seemed like you found clever was of tucking those in. I've never had those, so I don't know what they are like to build around. I've got the Quantum and I feel like keeping it. It's worked well with the Synthesis I've got. This below is my latest sci-fi (Batman Beyond, I know I'm stuck in a rut) and they've been doing pretty good. They're all fused, but because they rotate slow I find them a little difficult (lag makes it worse). I feel like I need something a bit different for hovers. Hovers move too fast for the poor little things. I'm always firing in the wrong direction or way off target. They would probably go better with legs (which I also hope to try out)...so, that's what I was thinking; a Quantum with  at least two Prometheus(es?). I'm pretty flexible about the guns I don't even have, but I like the Quantum I do already have, and I think that's the way I'll go for that.

Currently I'm pretty Broke, but I've bought some goodies I like, and they're working for me. If they keep working for me (so far, so good), I'll start accumulating a little coin more regularly (I hope). That's what's happening now. I'm actually able to do hard raids, and my kill ratio has gone up a little (I average 2 now). My kill ratio could probably be better, but I insist on running artsy builds and compromising on effectiveness here and there to do it. On the other hand it is getting better (maybe it's a trend). I just now did a hard raid with one other guy ("Oregano" or something) and the jerk hid for nearly the entire game and forced me to use all my repair kits fighting the bad guys by myself with my cheesy, Nubian, Bat-rig.  Now I need to grind scrap to make more (jerk). It's cool to be able to do the hard raids. It puts a little bit of balm on the grind and makes that go a little smoother.

I'm probably a ways out on the project. It's pretty grindy to earn those hovers, but I'll get there.

This is where I'm at presently; I thought I'd warm up the sci-fi burner again because I'm almost through that leg of the event and I haven't built anything sci-fi in a while. Soon I can build my Cliche Dawn's Children sci-fi monster with all the parts I got from that chapter and do a little showboat for the event...except for that crummy Laser-shotgun. Boy, was that thing terrible (that hit the can), but I do really like the body parts I'm getting. I have weak hope for the new DC cab, but I plan on keeping it (I regret scrapping my Griffon a little)...maybe. I just find it hard to compete when the power scores get real high, and all of these cabs seem a little out of my range as far as what to pair them with. I'm just not there yet. Having said that, I'm not terribly anxious to get to the end game goodies either. They'll come eventually, and as long as the game is running a balance similar to what we have going on right now, I'll be having some fun in the meantime...ya, so here it is..."Batman Beyond." I wanted to go with a proper red and black color scheme but I didn't feel like I had the right red. I want something more like a red-chrome. Anywhat, It's gotten me into hard raids, so I bet I'll learn some things (like these are the wrong guns, maybe).

EDIT: Wow; wall of type. Sorry.

UPDATE: I decided I like it better in Blue Sky (and Fire Salamander). It was Dark Chrome (and Fire Salamander).

SG-0006.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Open an Imgur account

I might just have to break down and do that. I like to minimize by internet footprint, and doing stuff like that rubs my paranoia the wrong way. I really hate big-brother, but I'll probably succumb to your suggestion, because I really like this game. If I didn't it wouldn't make me so mad sometimes.

Crossout: Best game I ever hated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I might just have to break down and do that. I like to minimize by internet footprint, and doing stuff like that rubs my paranoia the wrong way. I really hate big-brother, but I'll probably succumb to your suggestion, because I really like this game. If I didn't it wouldn't make me so mad sometimes.

Hey, Doc , using img.bb needs no accounts to be created.

Im a bit of tinfoil hat as well, and i thinks your Swag Garden would bloom with imgbb :secret:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

img.bb

This is a test of the imb.bb image uploading system. This is only a test.

Savage-0018.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DocSavage said:

Quote of the millenium!

3 hours ago, DocSavage said:

:good:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DocSavage said:

https://ibb.co/GTYpZ8q

Full Bbcode is what u need to copy, and then paste here, after you upload chosen pic to ibb, sir.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Full Bbcode is what u need to copy, and then paste here, after you upload chosen pic to ibb, sir.

Past the link and pronto. If you paste the image you still take up site storage, which is not pronto.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Past the link and pronto. If you paste the image you still take up site storage, which is not pronto.

I know. I only paste the full bb code like i tried to say above.

Like this:

IMG-20200630-214612.png

IMG-20200630-214636.png

IMG-20200630-214653.png

Then paste the just copied code here in your post + send the reply / post.

=

Crossout-20200624210702.jpg

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Haha 1

As far as I can tell, I think I got it. I'm not very good at following directions. My mistake was trying. I'm still not sure what the directions were trying to tell me to do, But it looks like it's working to me.

I moved on to video editing, which I haven't done since Windows XP. Windows 7 made all my software obsolete. It's been a hack to get anything at all to work since, but whatever. So I hacked(ish). It's a little strange to have to steal your own software, but that's what it feels like. My software is really outdated, but it looks like it will work. I don't know what I want to do over all, but to practice I was going to do a commercial (with extra cheese) for a warm up...to what, IDK. I just like editing. It's like riding a motorcycle; it doesn't really matter where I'm going. I'm where I want to be if I'm on the bike. I just need an excuse. Presently my files are being dumped through a converter, then I'll see what I've got to work with...looks like my files are ready (I hope I converted them to the right type). Time to doodle.

Savage-0012.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I didnt see your pic appearing on my screen and read text Fail, so i used my poor skills to try and post pics of how to upload pic and pick the code , sir.

But i aint good on telling instructions ,sorry :biggrin:

So, video is cooking up...and a soundtrack to go with it?

Seems all muerte, and its good.

13 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

text Fail

Ya, I was going through the on site directions and not really understanding what it was they were trying to tell me to do. I'm still not sure what to do with all those file type options they gave me. I did it my way eventually and it worked, and left the "fail" tag up until I figured it out. I wasn't reading posts until I finished, so advice was probably going unheard.

I've got the video pretty much laid out. I didn't do my own music for it. I borrowed from Buck Owens and the boys from Exodus (for good-car/bad-car contrast) and stitched it together with a melody from each of those performers. I need to write a voice over, record it, develop a logo for my phony auto-repair service, apply credits, and then do the fine editing. I think it's funny, but whatever. How it will get published is another story. I have a YouTube account, but I'm not going to link it to something this public and often so controversial.

I ran through the quests for my Battle Pass and they don't refresh for another 4 or 5 days, so I've been doing this video instead. I've gotten better at hitting things with the cannon without the crosshairs-GUI. I shut the GUI off for the videos I'm shooting, and it's been fun to learn to shoot without them. I like to do the same thing with real fire arms too ("shooting from the hip," or without the sight). It feels a lot like that. I'm getting a kick out of that, and I thought it might be a good event or brawl mechanic, or something to share with the community...or not, but I'm enjoying it. I'm not good enough at it to do PVP like that, but tossing the bullies around in adventure mode (where I shot this video) works pretty well.

Bottom line: I haven't built anything new that I can share. The build I'm using in the video is just a toned down version of something I've posted before. It is, of course, beefed up a good bit for the  end of the "Bladespine Lube-N-Load"  (say that ten times fast) advert. I just haven't really been "playing" the game, in a conventional sense, lately. Maybe I'll post some potential logos later for feedback. I'm not sure I have a good concept for it yet

• Upvote 1