DocSavage

Savage Garden

Exodus...

Good day to die, i guess.

I know, occasionally i suffer from lack of interest to fight in game, or even build a thing. In those moments i often buy something new and it usually ends up as immediate boost in interest to build / fight.

But i actually have started to build 2 scale models to fit in lines of Crossout, and also build of an old helmet to match Crossout style stsrted yesterday.

4 minutes to new daily missions :014:

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:59 AM, DocSavage said:

Savage-0012.jpg

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Haha 1

This is a test of the Vimeo video upload system. This is only a test.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Beats every and each official and private Crossout youtube etc vids , so easily man. Proper speech and music and all. 

Keep em coming!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Keep em coming!

Now that I know that I can do it, I'm not real sure what I want to do with it. This project was spontaneous and exploratory, but I had fun. I'm glad that old software still works(ish). It's still a little bit of a dance to get it to go, but it always was no matter what I've used. I haven't done anything in like this in at least ten years. I have a lot of resources I would want to rebuild as a format for anything "regular" I might put out (logos, mats, stencils, etc), but I enjoy all those processes. I just don't have a lot of self control over it. The monkey does what it does

Maybe, I could do brief previews of new maps that are running on the test server. I don't have much interest in doing critical reviews (of updates or whatever). I'd rather just do something like a faux movie trailer for a new map or game aspect, or a PSA (Public Service Announcement) satire. I like ham and cheese, and have no talent or want for critique. I don't want to stir up trouble. I want to stir up a little fun. At least for my own amusement and growth.

I'm glad it worked, and now I do want to do another. When I mentioned doing a PSA, that got the monkey's attention. Maybe a help hotline for uranium addiction, or a drone exterminator...or maybe the opposite; an overzealous drone manufacture ("We've got drones, drones, drones. Flying drones, rolling drones, drones with rocket launchers...etc"). It might be nice if I could be useful, but that ain't gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

LUBE-N-LOAD

I'M DIEING

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

LUBE-N-LOAD

I'M DIEING

:lol:

Yo Luke, we need to get some Doc designed hot rod style stickers, for ps4 too.

But really, thats the kind of Crossout video i enjoy over them recorded battles with either death metal or even techno covering up the gun and other games sounds, and 1-2 guys giggling and cursing on the headsets.

I just like more this add / movie stuff, it reminds me of few music vids.

Its always one of the best moments in forum when i see new content put in this thread.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Yo Luke, we need to get some Doc designed hot rod style stickers, for ps4 too.

But really, thats the kind of Crossout video i enjoy over them recorded battles with either death metal or even techno covering up the gun and other games sounds, and 1-2 guys giggling and cursing on the headsets.

I just like more this add / movie stuff, it reminds me of few music vids.

Its always one of the best moments in forum when i see new content put in this thread.

Even if I mostly (used to) put recorded rounds on my YT channel, I try to put a little spin on them. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Of-GIiO8eOUZzq5W0EmcQ

My favourite:

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@lucashc90 mind if i take some screencaps of yo vids and post em in your private messages,as im interested in how you do something that makes those videos nice? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

@lucashc90 mind if i take some screencaps of yo vids and post em in your private messages,as im interested in how you do something that makes those videos nice? 

Sure... if I remember how to do it :happy:

• Thanks 1

Wasteland Mutants-Edited for better resolution.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:25 AM, DocSavage said:

I absolutely love this! I'm hoping for more!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

more

I just finished up a short animated clip I intend to mix into something a little longer (still just a short clip), but I need to build a ride to feature with it. Then I can shoot something and chop it together for another brief diddy.

• Upvote 1

The side project that was way too hard for what it is. I don't know why but this video was incredibly troublesome. I was supposed to be doing other things, but this...this...this is my rooster. This is my song.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a cautionary tale. I did not get it back when I re-entered the garage and came back out either. It was gone until I rebooted the game.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I finished the sci-fi leg of the Doomsday Battle Pass thing. I like the parts. These cabs? I don't know what to do with them. The power score is way to high for me to do anything with them. This one (whatever it's called) is neat looking, but that force-field thing is totally worthless. What am I supposed to do with this? I can't imagine a scenario where this thing survives any longer than that silly 2 second flash light thing it does. What is that supposed to do? Signal the enemy that your biscuits are ready? Whatever. Neat.

I played for about two hours today. Didn't enjoy it for a moment, but I did level up that Battle pass. I'm not terribly interested in what it has to offer beyond this point, so the grind is over for me. Looks like good timing too. If I can endure this game long enough to get those head lights and a can of paint...well, I can't say I'll be happy. I'll probably be frustrated, because that's what's on the Crossout menus this week. I'm glad I've found something else to do. I'll wait it out. This game's not always miserable, but when it is, it really does it well.

Maybe it's awful because I leveled up or something. Maybe it's the update. IDK. I get tired of trying to figure it out. It matters very little what I do. The mechanics are so fluid it's impossible to know what to invest my energy in. What do I try to do? What do I plan on building that by the time I grind out they don't just turn everything upside down again? My drones don't even work anymore. That's probably a good thing overall, but at the moment I have nothing that works.

This awful cab isn't going to help. That's for sure. I wish I could sell it, but because I can't, and I have no ambition to play this game the way it is right now, I'll just forget about it. Maybe when I come back, it'll be....nah. It's garbage. Pretty garbage, but garbage. I'll scrap it and get my head lights and paint or something. I doubt it's even worth enough to get that done. What a mess. I'm going to my room.

SG-0007.jpg

• Upvote 1

I found that it lasts just long enough to spin up my Reapers.  That's about it.  Most of the good Nova builds I've seen use Reapers, or Arbiter/Aurora combos.  (I've got a Skinner on mine, because 96 Km/H is just barely fast enough to keep a Hover in range, but it doesn't hurt to have a Kite-string.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Reapers, or Arbiter/Aurora combos.

I've, got nothing like that. I already canned it.

I checked in on the forum, just now, and the new update isn't very popular. It's not just me, so that's good. I suppose they will change things again. It sounds like they need a patch or three. That market thing sounds like a crummy bug. That's pretty messed up if things are defaulting to sell at the lowest bid.

I saw the new map once. That's pretty cool. Very Star Wars. I've got some cool goodies, but the game is miserable so i can't really enjoy them. When they fix it I will, though.There's some beautiful parts in these last couple updates, but they always feel the need to make everybody mad when they pass out the candy. Christmas must be pretty macabre in Russia.

• Upvote 1

I just saw one guy tearing it up with 3 triggers.  IDK what else he had under there, but he barely used the shield at all.  I would assume that Plasma Emitters would work too, since they have a delay between pulling the trigger, and damage pouring out.  That seems to be all it's good for:  Covering your guns between pulling the trigger, and the damage pouring out.  It doesn't last long enough for Cyclones to wind up.

• Upvote 1

I cant be but jealous for you who speak native english. Or 'murican.

" These cabs? I don't know what to do with them. The power score is way to high for me to do anything with them. This one (whatever it's called) is neat looking, but that force-field thing is totally worthless. What am I supposed to do with this? I can't imagine a scenario where this thing survives any longer than that silly 2 second flash light thing it does. What is that supposed to do? Signal the enemy that your biscuits are ready?"

Im sure some find that...Nova? Usefull and cool but i used mine for like 40 seconds on minimal lightweight frame + starter pickups 4 wheels, pushed the ball to goal and tried that blue light. Then scrapped it after i realised it lacks so much welding points too. And its just so awkward in my eyes to figure out ways to build it in any nice way. Guess its made for hover crowd. But then shouldnt that blue lonesome eye be on its other side, on drivers door. Not that i see such door.

But hey, that rooster clip was fun,  it looks nicer, all that flying when its slowed down. Too bad you dont have the reward ducks to put as drivers/passengers. 

Like i told im forced to stop gaming for a moment due to controller breaking, and last rewards i got are the truck fenders. But to me its bad luck, as it was pretty stupid to do the events sci-fi part, and now when i got back on doing usefull rewards in Wolves part of even, im stopped by hardware failure. Yet i need to say that i still was positively surprised by few Dawns rewards like the melee blades and those slim 2x4x1 wedges. They have use.

But i just got a note ,hour ago, saying my package is on its way so in about 3 days im back, in back as behind, doing rewards you guys surely now get before me. I want third Whirl to fuse one,the headlight, fenders ,mele and paint, plus 500 coins. Truck cab most likely ends up in scrapyard as ir has too high ps, just like all the events cabs have had. And i really like the first, VolksWagen cab but that ps...all because of perk i have no use for.

16 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

3 triggers

I don't have any of those either. Both of those cabs (Nova, Griffon) probably have potential in the right hands. Hands with heavier fire power and fancier gadgets, probably. I'm just not there yet.

I'm not convinced it makes the game more fun the higher you climb. To me it looks like the opposite. All the aimbots and exploits are more prolific up there and I think they ruin the game. I really can't make any sense of why they would make aimbots a legitimate part of the game. It's so frustrating to mosh through the pit until you're the last guy on your team, and then get nailed by some guy who spent the entire game doing nothing, sitting behind a bush pushing his kill button. That's too much like real life, and I've had my fill of that.

Maybe, the reason my game is miserable is because I just leveled up. I'm not sure other people are experiencing the new helplessness I am. I'm getting a lot of lag, too. In the bungee-ball Brawl it makes it almost impossible to hit a target, or even drive in a straight line sometimes. Maybe, if I try logging on later in the evening (earlier in the morning) I'll get less lag and it'll make a difference. War Thunder wasn't all full of lag (I played a little today), so I don't think it's my end, or that I have a less snappy connection. I think, maybe, the developers have bit off more than their servers can chew. They have sort of littered up the game with all these new features, with features on top of features. Everything has a perk timer running on it, aimbots and drones running all over the place. I think it's a mess. It's too feature rich, maybe. I'm glad I don't have to try and "balance" this game. It's got a lot of working parts. It looks like a nightmare to try and manage, and they keep adding more stuff, too.

I like the new bullet head lights. I need those. They're too retro for me to ignore.

• Upvote 1

First match of Bungee-ball of the night:

I hope it gets better.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2