Sign in to follow this  
Siberian_Jay3x6

Mindgame : Crossout after removal of tracks,augers and wheels.

Hey, lets play a game, which i think aint even so far from what the game might become soon.

And this is easy, as long as you dont ruin the fun with balance and numbers blahblah like you do everywhere else.

-Imagine just how the game would go when one beautiful day it finally happens,the day the devs have pulled off all the movement parts except their lovechild, the hovers.

If that's the case... I'll just move entirely to that "D.R.O.N.E" game, is basically on the same line as crossout, but with drones instead on vehicles, and as far as I know, aside form hovers and fans, you could aslo have wheels tracks and legs there, it's not free tho (ahem, and with arena editor, that alone would be enough of a reason to make the change XD)   

• Upvote 1

They would have to remove Chameleon at the same time.  I think that's about it, Wedges aren't really as much of a problem.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Wedges aren't really as much of a problem.

The only reason to say this, is if you are a meta or spider user yourself, because in fact, wedges are a bigger problem than hovers XD

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xCrossFaith said:

The only reason to say this, is if you are a meta or spider user yourself, because in fact, wedges are a bigger problem than hovers XD

Yeah, because of Chameleon.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, because of Chameleon.  

No, because of the wedge, chameleon is easy to deal with, you have multiple options for it, on the wedge tho.. haha good luck if you are not using spiders or hovers 

5 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

No, because of the wedge, chameleon is easy to deal with, you have multiple options for it, on the wedge tho.. haha good luck if you are not using spiders or hovers 

I deal with wedges all the time.  You mean to tell me, not only that seeing the Wedges coming isn't going to make it easier, but there's no defense against them other than mecha legs (Which you can "Wedge" with a Humpback,) and Hovers?

I specialize in countering wedges.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I deal with wedges all the time.  You mean to tell me, not only that seeing the Wedges coming isn't going to make it easier, but there's no defense against them other than mecha legs (Which you can "Wedge" with a Humpback,) and Hovers?

I specialize in countering wedges.

And I deal with hovers all the time so... To each their own XD

But I'm curious then.. With what? 

12 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

With what? 

Right now?

E95F37A8290F4AAD701D366F0FA07C2841DC988F

With Whirls.  They point straight down, and you can't see it, but there's a Meat Grinder under there, too.  (Just 1 to keep the Power Drain down.)  I'm probably going to add a Skinner to it, so I can stay on top of them, until they go boom.  Those Blade Wings (Under all those spikes) actually help them wedge me, so I can get into position, and the Bigrams usually stay on the ground.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Right now?

With Whirls.  They point straight down, and you can't see it, but there's a Meat Grinder under there, too.  (Just 1 to keep the Power Drain down.)  I'm probably going to add a Skinner to it, so I can stay on top of them, until they go boom.  Those Blade Wings (Under all those spikes) actually help them wedge me, so I can get into position, and the Bigrams usually stay on the ground.

Huh.. Interesting.. I still have not figured a build to use the bigrams with XD 

I have not tested Whirls yet... Are they good?  

14 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I have not tested Whirls yet... Are they good?  

They could be better.  The Perk requires you to fight close-range, AND out-numbered.  That's suicide, so it's better not to plan on getting that for very long, and surviving.  The Howl perk works perfectly when you're literally on top of them, though.

I've actually had Wedges back out, and run, once they saw what happened when they wedged me.  Unfortunately, but then, they were missing their shotguns, and most of their upper armor.  

It's slow, though.  So, I can't chase them.  I admit, it needs a little work, but if you have Reapers, side mounting them likeat should work even better.  (Also Firebugs, any turret shotgun...  Basically anything without a blast radius.)  You'd have to replace the Incinerator with a Porcupine, or something, though.  Maybe Kapkan, IDFK.  Be creative with it.  Just nothing explosive.  (I'm primarily an Incinerator player, but I swap out weapons to use with it, because there's a lot of things it can't do.  This is just my Wedge Slayer build.)

Edited by psiberzerker

4 minutes ago, XO_Sweet_Teeth said:

Fuzes, skinner.

Nothing like having a pet to drag you around.

Wait, so you can Skinner a Fuse Drone after your frames get rammed off, and they'll tow you around?  Yeah, I definitely need to get that skinner!

1 hour ago, xCrossFaith said:

Huh.. Interesting.. I still have not figured a build to use the bigrams with XD 

Just use them like regular wheels, except for the height advantage...

They're too fragile to be used like ml200.

• Upvote 1

I used to find wedges really frustrating - I'm a long-distance autocannon player. Finally added a couple of wheels to the front end of my build and a wedge of my own. Surprisingly useful even in a distance build. I mainly find the wedge useful as near-indestructible front armour, but I think the other benefit is that wedge drivers tend to leave it alone.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this