Suut78

What POWER and MASS does for accelleration (????)

According to the description of 'Accelleration' the value of it depends on POWER and MASS. The 'Echo' cabin has 9 and a bit blocks of power. The 'Griffon' cabin you get from the battlepass event (fused) has 6 blocks of power.

If you put the exact same total mass on a build with either an Echo or a Griffon with the same amount and type of movement parts whilest not exceeding the mass limit of either builds, the Griffon build accellerates faster and is more agile. The accelleration bar of the Griffon build is filled more than the Echo build.

If you look at the base accelleration of both cabins the Griffon has a higher base of accelleration than the Echo (look at the accelleration bar). Which doesn't make sense to me if you look at the description of what the value of accelleration depends on. Yes, i know the Echo is 2,8k heavier than the Griffon.

The base accelleration of the Omnibox is also lower than the Griffon. The Omnibox seems to accellerate faster than the Griffon. The only explanation i could think of for that is the power perk of the Omnibox. But then again, the Echo has 3 blocks of power more (aka50%) than the Griffon and the Omnibox, but accellerates slower with the same total mass and exact same movement parts. 

Could someone explain to me what Power and MASS does for accelleration and why there is a difference? Also if i made a mistake in my testing please point out where i went wrong.   

I don't have the answers but you are comparing a light, medium, and heavy cabin together. Maybe their stats (power, acceleration) have to be compared in their own category?

You guessed right, Omnibox accelerate faster than Griffon because of the perk which is not represented on the parameters. Also, Omnibox is capped at 70-75km/h hence my suggestion to compare cabins only within their respective category.

Other explanation is that the power representation on parameters takes in consideration the mass of the cabin too. Did you try to compare acceleration of 2 vehicles with different cabins (one light one heavy) but the exact same vehicle mass ? Because if you put the same amount and type or parts on the 2 vehicles, the Griffon vehicle will still be lighter than the Echo vehicle.

Finally, do you ask this question by curiosity, or because you have a more specific concern ? For the latest, maybe you can have your answer without resolving the power-mass-acceleration question.

The higher your power is, the less your acceleration lowers as your mass increases. That's the relationship between power, mass and acceleration in a nutshell.

However that's one major flaw to this entire system.

"Acceleration" refers to to the time it takes to reach from 0km/h to the speed cap of your cabin. So if you have two cars at identical power and mass, both of these crafts will take the same amount to reach their respective top speeds. One of the crafts could have 50km/h and another 100km/h top speed. Both will take say, ten seconds to reach their speed caps because their acceleration is technically the same. That's why crafts with lower power but higher top speeds seem to accelerate rather fast when compared to slower cabin but with higher power.

I've written more about it in here:

That's yet another reason why the heavy builds in this game are perpetually underpowered. The game is suppose to have this dynamic of: You either get fast top speed and low acceleration or low top speed and high acceleration. Due to how the acceleration is tied to the top speed itself this never really manifests in the game properly.

• Thanks 1