Sign in to follow this  
Dargarox

Caucasus cant Lock-On

In the past i builded a Fusion Car with a good Friend xXBlackMoonnXx. We fused by using the Contact 2M Module. Cabins Back to Back. Since i made the expirience does if 1 Cabin is on same height as the other and looking directly at the back of the other Cabin, Weapons which needs to Lock-On to an enemy wont work since front Cabin is blocking the back Cabins view.

The way the Caucasus Fusion is builded avoided that problem since like i wrote the Cabins are placed Back to Back. So the Cabins Viewpoint is apart in opposite directions. But still my Friend xXBlackMoonnXx cant get a lock on with his Caucasus and i can. He has also the RD-1 Listener Radar installed from which i profit by using a Radio so my lock on from my Caucasus is extended, too. The assembling is working smoothly. No gap between us upon assembling. But why is the lock on from Caucasus blocked from 1 of us. In the past (February 18. 2019) it worked with his and mine first Version. Please fix it. It is such a great Fusion Car.

20200620165600_1.jpg

First Version from 2019.jpg

After some research into it on our own, xXBlackMoonnXx and I, we think we found the solution. The Radio i had installed was taken the RD-1 Listener Radars functionality for Black.

Upon taken the Radio out of my Part and some other Parts so i can install my own RD-1 Listener Radar we both were able to Lock-On onto Enemys.

What keeps me still thinking, is the Radio taking away the functionality of the Radar for my Friend. Shouldnt the Radio catch the Radars Detection and Copy it for the Player who has the Radio installed?`Is there maybe a malfunction with the Radio Part itself?

So i see what my Team mate sees on Minimap. And didnt that helps my Caucasus to get further enemys in Lock-On as my Team mate can do?

59 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

Correct. You need your own Radar to extend your lock on distance, not just mini map information.

But actually that is weird somehow, since ally radar is enough to make guided missiles lock on for example (at least it used to be that way, haven't checked recently).

The Caucasus has it's own unique targeting system. All I know, I lose my Detector and I become a close combat vehicle, no matter what the map shows.

• Thanks 1

Hello!

11 hours ago, LordTutor said:

The Caucasus has it's own unique targeting system.

Yes, it's true. The thing is that a coupled vehicle doesn't count as the one. And the second vehicle's cabin, placed in front of the Caucasus, doesn't allow it to lock on enemies, no matter whether it's placed higher or on the same level.

It's not a bug. It's a current targeting system's feature.

Sign in to follow this