psiberzerker

Reclassing Weapons (Petition)

Gravastar

It says Shotgun right here.  Yes, it's also a Laser, but we don't have enough weapons crowded in under Machineguns, Miniguns, and Combat Lasers, we needed another one?  Photon/Energy Weapon users need a good weapon for Shotgun Day.  

Blockchain

IDKWTF that is, but it's not a Cannon, Turret cannon, or Plasma Cannon.  It plays more like a Reloading Shotgun, like Fafnir than anything.  It's more of a Combat Laser than Gravastar.

Reaper

First of all, for Balance reasons, Perseus gives them:  +5% Damage, Durability, Accuracy, Maximum Range, and Optimum Range.  So, for Balance reasons, they should be an Auto-cannon.  They turn like Autocannons, so the Nimble Shooter perk would still be a reasonable buff, but then they'd only have +3% Damage, instead of +5%, and all those other buffs to the most powerful automatic weapon in the game.  Also, it's not a "Minigun."  Miniguns are scaled down versions of that.  Also, a little birdy told me that it's modeled after the GSh-6-30.  That's 30mm, bye the way.  If Whirls are "Autocannons" than Reaper should be too.

I'd also argue that Reaper should be a Relic, and Punisher a Legendary, unless you do enough Buffs/nerfs to make Punisher>Reaper.  Or 3 Punishers>2 Reapers.  That's just kinda sad.  

Caucasus

Belongs in the Unclassified category with Covos, and Emilies.  Yes, technically it's a Machinegun, but likewise Emily is a grenade launcher.  For the same Balance reasons as Reaper, it doesn;t need all the Machinegun perks from Perseus.  

Crossbows

Should be Unclassified too, just like Revolvers.  There's no reason to have a whole separate category for one, and not the other.  

Aurothon is Unclassified, a grenade launcher, or Summator is a Shotgun.  I'd probably make Aurothon a Grenade launcher, but it's your tech tree.  We just have to climb it.  Impulse, and Retcher could use the company, so while you're at it, send Emily over there, too.

AGTM Flute is a Legendary.  It's a straight upgrade to Pyre.  You can try to buff Pyre, and nerf flute until they're roughly equivalent in damage (And Flute is practically useless) or just make Flute a legendary, where it belongs, duking it out with the big boys.  Right now, the tech tree goes Pyre-Hurricane.  Does that make sense?

Crickets are legendary.  Fortunes are Epic.

I'm going to open this up for more suggestions from the other players, but here's my short list, as I thought of them.  There's probably a lot more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

They should recognised weapon mixes and let them be used accordingly.

Emely: grenade launcher revolver

Caucasus: auto targeting machinegun

Gravastar: laser shotgun

Blockchain: plasma cannon

Aurora: laser minigun

They should also classify some weapons by their aim/deployment:

Flute: laser assisted missile

TOW: video assisted missile

Incenerator: incendiary catapult

Mandrake: incendiary howtizer

Then, when we are tasked with certain daily/weekly:

Use grenade launchers

Use cannons

Use missiles

Use laser damage based weapons

Use rapid firing weapons

WAY WAY WAY SIMPLER AND CONFUSION PROOF!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Then, when we are tasked with certain daily/weekly:

Use grenade launchers

Use cannons

Use missiles

Use laser damage based weapons

Use rapid firing weapons

When it comes to the Dailies, the main problem I have is with Shotguns.  This is a somewhat separate problem, but on Shotgun Day, you just have Shotguns to chose from.  It's not win X amount of Battles with a Shotgun, Flame Thrower, or Melee Weapon, it's just Shotguns.  When there's more Machineguns than Shotguns, by far, and yet it's Machineguns AND Combat Lasers?

Instead of "Laser based Weapon" it could just be Energy Weapon.  Then, we wouldn't have cludges like Blockchain being a "Plasma Cutter" instead of a Laser, so it counts as a Plasma Cannon.  When it's clearly a Combat Laser.

Missiles aren't really all that accessible.  However, if it were Missiles, Rockets, or Grenade Launchers, then it would fit in better with Cannon, Turret cannon, or Plasma Cannon.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

..but how will this effect marketing (kidding)

I think this is a good and logical issue. I like lucashc90  simple fix, because I'm simple and I like it that way. I don't have the technical acumen with this game to argue with anybody about these things, but this does look like the game could be improved by addressing this illogical weapon categorization...or they could give us a flying staple-gun drone, because nobody asked.

EDIT: I'm not sure what people are finding so confusing about the OP. Seems like a reasonable issue to me that deserves attention. Fixing this could improve a number of things and install a measure of logic that would be useful later on to build on. This wonky foundation they have built is likely to produce more issues down the road that could be avoided, I think. Order is an improvement over chaos (flying staple gun drone)...usually.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DocSavage said:

EDIT: I'm not sure what people are finding so confusing about the OP.

Nothing.  I posted a topic, so it's standard proceidure to skim over it, try to find something mispeled, and barring that, Bobbilface it rather than actually read, and try to comprehend it, because I post too much.

2 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I'm not sure what people are finding so confusing about the OP.

I think OP was too specific with his reclassifications, so people are either confused, don't agree with some specification or are just nitpicking for the sake of it.

It also doesn't help that flutes and crickets were mentioned... those are very sensible topics for some.

• Haha 2

I agree, the current tech tree is not very  well organized and some weapons (overall weapons that are hybrids of two categories like emily) dont figure like they should.

But i think that the current trees should be structuraly reworked to categorize all weapons in their respective types and tiers so they could include all weapons and items in general in a tech tree, like the one in world of tanks, where it starts from the tier 1 tanks and keeps progressing and dividing into tanks of other categories.

Except that here, hybrid weapons ( for example) could figure with both of their categories ( ex. Emily' s category tag could be like"Revolver/Grenade launcher.), and they could have more than one predecesor or antecesor in the tree, unlike the trees that we have now.(again emilies they would be put in the tech tree linked as the predecesor of both corvo and impulse).

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Like 1