Azzazel69

Melee it`s a joke right now

A bad one... so... any plans on reworking melee?, something that doesnt break within seconds from an impact  considering  WE ARE TALKING ABOUT xxxx MELEE PIECES?

PS: do you remember last time you died for a melee attack? (not lances, just melee) no? me neither

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 5

Melee is literally one of the most overpowered builds in this game right now... good ol azzazel and szefpol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Melee is literally one of the most overpowered builds in this game right now... good ol azzazel and szefpol

Dude, dont drink and post

• Haha 9
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Azzazel69 said:

Dude, dont drink and post

Coming from a meleee player... come on, everyone knows a person with 5 iq and drunk could use melee

Find someone on the map and then just cloak and drive into them

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Using Melee to earn Reputation Points and actually killing an enemy are 2 different things. All the things I added to protect me from Tusk Booster Rammers has indeed increased my survival from actual Melee Weapons (not Spears or Lances) as well.

What good is Cloak now? Everyone can see you and you think that they cannot. But you are wrong and they are expecting you and you get slaughtered but you most likely will get your 40 points.

• Confused 1

Borer, Buzzsaw, Boom, and Mauler?  Yes.  The jury is still out on Lacerator, but Harvester can be pumped up to decent with Hybrid melee like Spark, Flame Throwers, and so forth.

Lancelot is strong, but not as Op as it used to be.  

Wedges are still strong (Doesn't have to be a Shotgun wedge, Miniguns, Whirls, and Flame Throwers work well with them, too.)

Tusk was always a joke, but it's hard to laugh when you're the butt of it.

Skinner is Grappling, so it at least makes Melee easier.  

Cloak is still OP.  Without that (Or truly nerfed to useless) Melee would be nigh impossible for all but the best players.

IMNSHO.

1 hour ago, Dumpbump said:

#nurfmeleeevenmore

Just remove hugging from the game. 

+1

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Coming from a meleee player... come on, everyone knows a person with 5 iq and drunk could use melee

Find someone on the map and then just cloak and drive into them

And thats must be one of the dumbest comments i`ve ever read here, for real, try to play with melee, and once you notice how melee weapons balery do damage (withouth buffs or using another legendary) come back and talk about what you know and not about you obviously dont know, also im not a melee player, i used melee in the past, buts its absurd nowadays, unless you use spears

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

Weapons' performance should be balanced around their ease of use. Considering how easy it is to close distance in this game and make contact with enemies, I'd say that melee is fine. 

Besides melee's popularity should not be encouraged because while melee builds are hugging the target, they are also effectively shielding them from their own team as well, forcing them to constantly be moving trying to get a shot in....only to constantly be blocked again.  Worse still is the melee guys pushing the target around, effectively protecting them from incinerators and drakes. 

So no, I can not support as this selfish, anti team playstyle should not be encouraged. 

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Dumpbump said:

#nurfmeleeevenmore

Just remove hugging from the game. 

Mhm. Social distancing is trending. Crossout should follow.

;)

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 5

My eye test tells me they need more dura, so they can last through an engagement/after popping someone. I have only recently messed around w/ melee though now that griffon is out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m seeing a lot more players rocking chainsaws the past week, and doing reasonably well with them.

I predict that griffon + chainsaw update will lead to a lot of “melee is harder than I thought, but exciting” posts soon. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, *nates67 said:

My eye test tells me they need more dura, so they can last through an engagement/after popping someone. I have only recently messed around w/ melee though now that griffon is out. 

I’ve only stacked two lacerators, but I’ve seen some builds recently with four, and the perk seems to really help keep them on when you stack it like that.

56 minutes ago, *nates67 said:

My eye test tells me they need more dura, so they can last through an engagement/after popping someone

Harvesters are one of the most durable weapons in the game, without even counting the resistance to blast damage

Not even going to mention firebugs covered with layers of armor and 2 trainplows on a light cabin

30 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I predict that griffon + chainsaw update will lead to a lot of “melee is harder than I thought, but exciting” posts soon. 

How does griffon make melee harder?

As usual melee players thinking that cloaking and driving into someone takes a lot of skill

Edited by Bobbill12345

4 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Harvesters are one of the most durable weapons in the game, without even counting the resistance to blast damage.

Also, the shape of it, especially inverted can cover 2 guns from the front (Like Remedies with a good Body Tilt so it isn't too high.)  

20 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

How does griffon make melee harder?

As usual melee players thinking that cloaking and driving into someone takes a lot of skill

Lol, I meant that everyone with a battlepass getting a griffon means that a lot of people who think melee takes no skill will try it for the first time, because it’s the most obvious use of the perk.

If you never play melee, it’s easy to think it takes no skill. 

My chainsaw comment was about the update making it easier to get some high DPS melee without the expense of a harvester, also attracting new melee players.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

If you never play melee, it’s easy to think it takes no skill. 

Tried full lance build once crippled 2 people first battle without even trying

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Tried full lance build once crippled 2 people first battle without even trying

Everyone has tried a full lance build, and quickly discovered that you can pretty much get one kill, and maybe one assist if you’re lucky. Not very effective. Getting mvp on a regular basis playing melee Is a different story.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Melee on heavy cabin is realy useless.

So make melee weapons, flamers, spark etc. much heavier for bettee balancing.

Light vehicles can have to much armor for there speed.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

It's a skateboarding penguin with a sunhat!

Be careful with that butter knife.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

Everyone has tried a full lance build, and quickly discovered that you can pretty much get one kill, and maybe one assist if you’re lucky. Not very effective. Getting mvp on a regular basis playing melee Is a different story.

yes, you know whats up.

I am glad that console players show they know their stuff. 

Non melee players complaining about lances are clueless about ACTUAL melee. IF you think 1 kill and an assist is good enough then I understand why I have seen bobbil on twitch play in silver. Get of that high horse bob and start learning what you talk about; its not hard to kill players in silver so be quiet because those 2 kills dont mean anything. 

Aiming your guns doesnt take much skill either bob..... 

• Thanks 5

buff lances!!1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Melee on heavy cabin is realy useless.

So make melee weapons, flamers, spark etc. much heavier for bettee balancing.

Light vehicles can have to much armor for there speed.

Uhh heavy cabins are supposed to be slower and more tanks than the other cabins. It makes sense to me why you wouldn’t put a harvester on a heavy cab.

17 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Harvesters are one of the most durable weapons in the game, without even counting the resistance to blast damage

Doing basically zero dmg if you are not touching anything and without spark as they nerfed it to the ground and your enemy with distance weapon and much more HP can just put you down from far away before you even get close - absolutely useless and unbalanced, i mean destroyed by devs weapon, just like spark. Trash working only on lower level cw leagues as it is not competitive on high tier cw, and it is not from very long time when they destroyed it, market price shows everything.

Not even going to mention firebugs covered with layers of armor and 2 trainplows on a light cabin

With pathetic 1200 HP, so you want them what, without any protection, yeah sure, those trainplows are MANDATORY if you want to fight with any high tier hover, without them this build is useless trash cuz hovers fly above and over you like nothing and you cant do anything to them then, its devs fault, those melee builds last like seconds, not surprised you didn't mention hovers with 2xtrainplows that have like 2-3K HP and shoot from the distance, i get it, you only see issue when you can gain something.

As usual OP hovers player thinks that staying in place and shooting from distance take any skill and the same with heavy builds, spiders etc. they just want to stay in place and sponge the whole damage lol.

Your avatar ideally sums you up, brain dead hover that knows nothing about the game and its balance, the only balance is when hovers are winning, yet i see only maybe 10% teams using melee in diamond and higher tier gold cuz i play there so i know, i said using melee, cuz there is even less full melee teams there as game is not balanced and DOMINATED by hovers and it is dominated by them as they are the single MOST OP part in the game, that why everyone is using them on top and no one can deny that.

Most of the normal players would be extremely happy if they removed them from the game as they know it changed the game for worse forever.

Thats the truth and i am done talking with trolls like you, its pointless talking with a bottomless pit that knows nothing about any balance.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, szefopl said:

Trash working only on lower level cw leagues as it is not competitive on high tier cw, and it is not from very long time when they destroyed it, market price shows everything.

100% sure that you don't queue vs russians (that's all that matters for the dev's) since the amount of melees far outnumbers the hover teams and spiders are a very rare sight there

Also if you can't perform with melees thats on you as its quite simple to play with