Discos211

Not another Wedge

We've all seen this:

C3BB5FE1C31FA6EB7D8859B95AC4DBA635707210

Remember the old garage?  Yeah, well now we've got a whole lot of new Passive Melee parts to play with, so I know we can do better than that^.

19AE2A19742FD98D368FECDE7DC704C07366EB5A

"Ring Shank" in Exhibition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like people can't even play without wedges , even in raids vs small bots lunatics i see wedge players they ramm the hell out of those bots when is not even needed because with a couple of shots bots explode already . I think in their mind is only this : i must wedge , i must wedge , i must wedge , i go to wedge it , even the other one because i must wedge :) 

I hope developers fix it fast and the fixes i want are : small cars can't lift heavy cars without getting damage and this bug that an lifted car by wedge should not lose the power because no matter how many wheels you have or if you have cabin , engine and wheels upgraded on power once lifted your car lose power so you simply get stuck on the wedge because your wheels stop moving . If they will move you have the possibility to escape from the wedge .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ive been thinking dont the wedge people ever get bored to that nonstop,daily bang of the shotguns a d same old tactics,day after week after month, and i see same users each day doing the very same they did last week. 

Its a huge wedgefest, ive been so often the only one without a wedge  in whole battle and its quite boring to know how it ends up.

Yet i like the looks of classic wedges but it looks very boring to do the same tricks all the time.

I would love a sign or sticker in lines of "Wedgefest 20", "I survived Wedgefest" or such...."Flipper".

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Please post builds.  The only criteria are A:  It uses some of the new Bumpers, and B: Is not a Wedge.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RYANCQQPER said:

screenshot-200625-153227-28-2-132.jpg

The emote says Like, but it actually means Love.

11480155044801.59749b725b592.png

Extra points for using the new fenders too.

(Psiberpoints have no redeeming value.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bump:

87206A4B89ACB85960ADC0C7D2C1F83259713AFA

Just got my first 3 pairs of the new Passive melee, and set out to do something with them.  It turns out that what I can do with them is about 450 damage.    I also think it looks pretty good.  (Extremely short turning radius, too.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sifu_Bob said:

1593323241_screenshot-200714-034559(-402

And my trigger tank got some thorns.

<3ed the thorns.  I didn't use them on the current version of Hellion, but they're still great parts for that Lunatics/Firestarter's look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Bump:

87206A4B89ACB85960ADC0C7D2C1F83259713AFA

Just got my first 3 pairs of the new Passive melee, and set out to do something with them.  It turns out that what I can do with them is about 450 damage.    I also think it looks pretty good.  (Extremely short turning radius, too.)

I got em last night, and they are pretty darn nicely shaped.

Thats nice, looks compact and all mean.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

I got em last night, and they are pretty darn nicely shaped.

The only problem is they have 4 Weld Points on 1 side, and 2 on another at right angles to it, but the bottom doesn't weld to anything, and the top has a flange that prevents mounting anything over them.

By "Problem" I mean "Challenge."  I like building with difficult parts.

• Thanks 1

I guess They want us to use em bit like planes ,against ground. And i totally see em shaped to fit that purpose visually.

But yep, it always bugs me when stuff has limited welding points. Same as with the new grilled lamps.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

On 6/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, RYANCQQPER said:

Looks like people can't even play without wedges , even in raids vs small bots lunatics i see wedge players they ramm the hell out of those bots when is not even needed because with a couple of shots bots explode already . I think in their mind is only this : i must wedge , i must wedge , i must wedge , i go to wedge it , even the other one because i must wedge :) 

I hope developers fix it fast and the fixes i want are : small cars can't lift heavy cars without getting damage and this bug that an lifted car by wedge should not lose the power because no matter how many wheels you have or if you have cabin , engine and wheels upgraded on power once lifted your car lose power so you simply get stuck on the wedge because your wheels stop moving . If they will move you have the possibility to escape from the wedge .

Even the bots themselves sometimes have wedges in pvp, if it works it works right?:D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, afghanaryan said:

Even the bots themselves sometimes have wedges in pvp, if it works it works right?

As long as I can come up with a decent build against it, yeah.  I don't wedge, but I do scrape the shotguns off of bots' and players' alike.

Edited by psiberzerker

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

As long as I can come up with a decent build against it, yeah.  I don't wedge, but I do scrape the shotguns off of bots' and players' alike.

Yh with my build I prefer circling to wedging, but if it's a fight ik losing then hey, gotta do wt u gotta do right ? :D

6 hours ago, afghanaryan said:

I prefer circling to wedging, but if it's a fight ik losing then hey, gotta do wt u gotta do right ? :D

Yeah, definitely prefer circling to wedging.  However, wedge players exist, and you know what they're going to do...

11456DC647BE11BF807C2745078773F4BDD9C5D3

Finally perfected my Wedge Catcher so that 1:  It doesn't scrape the ground, and B: it forces the standard wedge (Hatchets in the middle, blade wings in the wings) up into the Flails.  The trick was flipping the bottom set of Flails so that they bevel inward, with the top set pointing out.

Also, I did 700+ damage ramming in a match, but he didn't have any bumpers, whatsoever.  I also got 1-shot by a Tusker, but that's what they do.  I'm sure a Lancer would just drive right through that without even slowing down, too.

(Edit:  Forgot to resize my "Mini" map for the screenshot.)  "Use Jade" on Exhibition, because it's just slightly overweight without her.  (You could use Master Jack, but that's overkill, and doesn't give you any more Damage.)

Edited by psiberzerker

All right, this:

A0921DB841F5127E773A1CD37F382567BF404F70

Is not a standard Wedge?  Mainly, I didn't use the Train Plows, because they're Heavy, and they don't add Cabin Health.  Neither do Gun Mounts, but those are a lot lighter, I can use 3 of them to cover a 4x12 fascia, and they leave enough Mass/Tonnage for me to put armor/Counter Mass underneath, to make it stable, and balanced for steering.  That's pretty important for a fixed forward weapon like the Incinerator.

It's really Counter-Wedge.  I don't drive around looking for someone to ram, and hold down the button until the shotguns overheat, but some players do.  So, it's imperative to at least have frontal protection for that, so I don't end up a hood ornament.  From the sides, and rear, my main defense against wedges is keep moving.  It's a lot harder to ram if you're doing over 100Km/H as well.  (Not to mention it helps my reload, and charges up my Blight as well.)  

31 minutes ago, Demonicsoul85 said:

No close combat weapons and underneath an opponent is the last place I want to be.

With that little armor, at that Power Score, I kinda understand that.

Also, the Hatchets/Blade Wings up front are good for Wedge Defense, from the front.

Just because you don't want to park under somebody doesn't mean that other players won't try to make you their Hood Ornament.

You might flip over that Incisor to make a better stop, when wedgelords do run up on you.  If you don't want them on top of you.

Edited by psiberzerker

I have a few non-wedge builds, see if ya'll like it :D

Edited by ORCA1911