poony4u2

Adaptable builds

Ive had such adaptive basic "daily/weekly" challenge beater for a good while in one slot. Super ugly low ps ,8 energy pickup cab + ampere + rad + cooler + white radar,  4 shivs. If i use it with rockets/ missiles / cannon(s) its few seconds to swap the rad+cooler to few ammo boxes and off i go. Mostly for easy raids , and those challenges, to get em done fast, with zero f's given to looks of the build when the real life keeps me busy.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

Love it!

I’m getting back into meatgrinders lately, and seeing other people in battles finally figuring out how to drive them gracefully.

I've only seen 1 other guy who was serious about augers, but he drives some weird lily pad triple auger with bare cabin guarding frame mounted guns.

Here's a typical match I just recorded, if anyone's interested how I play my build

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, *j2eaLish said:

I've only seen 1 other guy who was serious about augers, but he drives some weird lily pad triple auger with bare cabin guarding frame mounted guns.

Here's a typical match I just recorded, if anyone's interested how I play my build

Great playing! I’ve been running pyralids under the cabin on a meatgrinder build sometimes and having some good matches with it.

This is the kind of meatgrinder play-style I’m trying to learn. I played them last year for a while, but never got the hang of strafing on them. Now I realize that’s the whole trick: they actually seem to perform better while strafing than going forward. 
I made a thread a while ago about trying to make a sideways auger build to take more advantage of this, but I abandoned that project when I got a griffon to just make super fast small cars instead. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, poony4u2 said:

This is the kind of meatgrinder play-style I’m trying to learn. I played them last year for a while, but never got the hang of strafing on them

Oh I just saw you. Didn't realize u were ps4. I'll probably make a general auger guide at some point, but we on ps4 need specific control layouts to pull the most outta strafing parts. 

The layout I'm using is relative to car, because it has independent strafe left/right bindings. You will not be able to strafe while turning without a control scheme that has them.

By default these strafes are located on L3 and R3...not very convenient as you'll want your analog sticks free for aiming and steering, so I rebind L3/R3 to L1/R1 from PS4 accessibility settings.

With these binds, you can pull off the reversing circle strafe I did in the video with just R1 and downright on the stick.

Edited by *j2eaLish
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I don't use too much in the ways of adaptable builds.  I have a hover base that I put different weapons on, like scorps or pulsars, but that's only because I find hovers tough to build so that it is stable after taking dmg.  I have even swapped cabs on this build.  For example omnibox or echo.  I still have to change up se of the structure parts depending on weapon weight or module weights. 

I also have a lowbie wedge that i switch in smaller weapons, such a piercers, summators, and whatever else.  I move gun mounting points up or down depending on whether the weapons can fire with a block burried. 

I also have a leg build that I can switch for instance reapers for retchers or what not. 

Sometimes I only change a part or two.  Sometimes I remove most of the structure parts and rebuild its structure.  But I'll keep it's frames movement parts and general mounting points. 

For the most Part I make completely new rides though.  Often builds are better if you build fresh and around the weapons. 

1 hour ago, *j2eaLish said:

Oh I just saw you. Didn't realize u were ps4. I'll probably make a general auger guide at some point, but we on ps4 need specific control layouts to pull the most outta strafing parts. 

The layout I'm using is relative to car, because it has independent strafe left/right bindings. You will not be able to strafe while turning without a control scheme that has them.

By default these strafes are located on L3 and R3...not very convenient as you'll want your analog sticks free for aiming and steering, so I rebind L3/R3 to L1/R1 from PS4 accessibility settings.

With these binds, you can pull off the reversing circle strafe I did in the video with just R1 and downright on the stick.

In theory, could I do the same rebinding in race mode, and sub the r1 reverse:brake to something else?

I’m just so locked in to race mode for cars, but I guess I could relearn for meatgrinders/bigrams 

That’s why I was experimenting with a sideways meatgrinder build, so that I could use forward/reverse as strafe, and L3/R3 for forward/reverse. Too confusing though.

Edited by poony4u2

40 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

In theory, could I do the same rebinding in race mode, and sub the r1 reverse:brake to something else?

I’m just so locked in to race mode for cars, but I guess I could relearn for meatgrinders/bigrams 

You'll run out of buttons... Though there's aftermarket joypads that have a 3rd row of bumper buttons with L3/R3 mapped to them. Could be nice for xo.

Edited by fftunes4real

5 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

You'll run out of buttons... Though there's aftermarket joypads that have a 3rd row of bumper buttons with L3/R3 mapped to them. Could be nice for xo.

I see your point, although couldn’t I put reverse where handbrake/strafe is? Don’t need that button with augers.

I might just look into those controllers though. I see other possibilities with them that are intriguing.

41 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I see your point, although couldn’t I put reverse where handbrake/strafe is? Don’t need that button with augers.

If you put forward / reverse and strafing left / right on bumper buttons, which buttons would you use for weapons and modules? :002:

12 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I see your point, although couldn’t I put reverse where handbrake/strafe is?

Honestly, Handbrake is pretty useless on Augers, when you can just hit Reverse.  (Whatever direction you happen to be going in.)  Best brakes in the game.

Just now, fftunes4real said:

If you put forward / reverse and strafing left / right on bumper buttons, which buttons would you use for weapons and modules? :002:

Forward is R2, strafe L1/R1, primary weapon L2, reverse O (handbrake). Still leaves square for a secondary weapon trigger, which is often all I need.

In theory I could do that, right?

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Honestly, Handbrake is pretty useless on Augers, when you can just hit Reverse.  (Whatever direction you happen to be going in.)  Best brakes in the game.

That’s my thought. Just shift handbrake to one of the direction pad triggers. I rarely use those for anything.

I need handbrake for wheeled builds though, so I’ll have to switch back and forth. That will be annoying. 

38 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Forward is R2, strafe L1/R1, primary weapon L2, reverse O (handbrake). Still leaves square for a secondary weapon trigger, which is often all I need.

In theory I could do that, right?

Yeah ofc, just aiming while reversing would get tricky. Maybe L3 would still be more comfortable for reversing.

Btw once you set up custom button assignment, there's a checkbox to enable / disable it. Don't need to redo it every time. 

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 2

Showed these off in a Cerberus thread about a week earlier. Several variants of essentially the same vehicle I just keep tweaking. They can be found on the exhibition under the names Stadtholder/STHDR

581212508_screenshot-200619-224912(42646106127006_screenshot-200619-224906(42646

795510715_screenshot-200619-225011(44245

1676619105_screenshot-200619-230202(4454

screenshot-200619-225048(42 4 46).jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Update:

38852A714374048D4964EC72722A93806F099B35It's pretty much the same build as above, only with the proper cabin for the main weapon.  I'm currently adapting it for Joules, but the one thing that stays consistent is Incinerator (And the Body Tilt to use it on the move.  Hanging over me like a carrot on a stick, so all I have to do is unleash it at the right moment.)

On 6/26/2020 at 11:33 PM, *j2eaLish said:

cool too see! gg :)

buff augers to 75 kmph hehehe  :) 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

cool too see! gg :)

buff augers to 75 kmph hehehe  :) 

Golden eagle!

10 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Golden eagle!

isnt that max 70?     im not sure out the back of my head ;) 

5 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

I think you might be right. 70 still feels pretty quick on them.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

With Misty, the fastest you can go on Augers is about 72.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:33 PM, *j2eaLish said:

This is next level sh¡t, very well done

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:33 PM, *j2eaLish said:

That is some next level Auger gameplay, kudos to you! Never got serious into rockets myself but I might just try my hand at a design like this myself.

I've got a heavy tank made with Augers, I use it with flamethrowers below the cabin. It's got the most well defended weapons on any build of mine, but I don't have any footage with it sadly.

firestorm.png.a1cf62bbb223e1fac33326f5ca

I do however have footage of a tank that works similar to it, except its a more 'medium' model. This is also an adaptable tank, because it was first used as a medium tank with 2 fatmans. However they had their hitboxes changed which made the model no longer work.

What she looked like first:

screenshot-190922-200911.thumb.jpg.181b2

And here's what she is now:

1561122466_screenshot-200701-141029(2624

Got some footage of her too!: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Doxi_the_Dutchy said:

screenshot-190922-200911.thumb.jpg.181b2

Echo+Fatman makes for some impressive RoF, but now I'd kinda like to see this Adapted to something else.  

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Echo+Fatman makes for some impressive RoF, but now I'd kinda like to see this Adapted to something else.  

It's been a while since I tried to do anything new with her but it'd make for a nice challenge. I tried a goblin build once but it didn't quite work out.