LordTutor

Fill in the Special Tier more!

Where are the Special Radiators and Coolers? Another Update and where is the expansion of the Special Tier Items?

What brings this to my mind you may ask. Daily missions for Wins with Shotguns.

I removed a 4 Energy Weapon (you all know it is a Caucasus by now) and added 2 Gun mounts and 2 Goblins for the Daily Mission. So, I wanted to add a Radiator or Cooler but had no remaining Energy. So I removed my 1 Energy Engine and installed a Hot Red. Now I did not want use my Epic Seal Radiator but wanted something better then my Fused Rare Radiator. But guess what, it does not exist yet. It should exist by now.

Thus my title.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ur right, special tier is lacking many items in some areas. Like as you said modules, its a very good oportunity to add a new radiator and cooler in-beetwen rare and epic tiers.

And in the cabins area, specials are lacking variety too, theres barely 3 special cabs, i think they could do some cab redistribution between tiers there.

• Thanks 1

Nah bro lets just make a new rarity of cabins with a new cashgrab battlepass

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 4

The ps difference between special and epic will be negligible for 1 energy units. Would be nice to fill the special rarity up though and I may still use parts if they fit a build better. For example the mk1 cloak fits under a build nicely but the mk2 is an odd size and bulky. I only use them to break the bots death lock so don’t need the extra working time. 

rather have more legendary / relic weapons tbh and legendary movement parts/modules

Edited by h0zz
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NASTYNEIL357 said:

The ps difference between special and epic will be negligible for 1 energy units. Would be nice to fill the special rarity up though and I may still use parts if they fit a build better. For example the mk1 cloak fits under a build nicely but the mk2 is an odd size and bulky. I only use them to break the bots death lock so don’t need the extra working time. 

It would be less than negligible, all it would do is increase the cost of epics.

I appreciate having various versions of the same module in different sizes and shapes. I use maxwell a lot now because of how easy it is to hide. 

24 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I appreciate having various versions of the same module in different sizes and shapes. I use maxwell a lot now because of how easy it is to hide. 

The maxwell used to be a rare.

11 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

The maxwell used to be a rare.

Yeah, but it made sense to bump it up to special.

There is a real lack of special cooling though. 

9 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Yeah, but it made sense to bump it up to special.

There is a real lack of special cooling though. 

There was no real reason to other than increasing the grind like the new special weapons and rares moved to being specials.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIGMA920 said:

There was no real reason to other than increasing the grind like the new special weapons and rares moved to being specials.

How does that increase the grind? Pumping the PS for powerful rare weapons and moving them to special has allowed the other rare weapons to compete more fairly at low PS, which makes it easier for new players to grind resources. 
It is much easier and faster to grind out enough resources to craft stuff than it was just a year ago. 
Before special was added, it was tougher to move from low PS into mid PS. The introduction of the special rarity and other balance tweaks has made mid PS so much better, and low PS more enjoyable too.

I'd like some perks for the Rares that got bumped up to Special, please.  Sinus has a Perk, Peircer doesn't.  Especially for Faction Cabins.  There's literally no reason to pick Pilgrim over anything.  Bat is at best as good as Growl.  Jawbreaker has a pretty unique shape, and the wheel-wells are useful for packing with splodey bits, but still.  Do Special parts have perks, or not?  

None of the special cabins are amazing, but I find they all perform better than the rares.

But I guess it depends on your build style: I see a lot of people making good use of how small growl is, but I still prefer to build around Bat for lower PS fast builds.

For me, the cabin width of Bat makes it easier to use the cabin as weapon protection, and but armour underneath instead of wrapping the cabin. I find that better for control at high speed, and a more effective use of armour at low PS. Having said that, I’ve seen some growl builds that combine both and manage to be both fast and durable. 

16 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

How does that increase the grind? Pumping the PS for powerful rare weapons and moving them to special has allowed the other rare weapons to compete more fairly at low PS, which makes it easier for new players to grind resources. 
It is much easier and faster to grind out enough resources to craft stuff than it was just a year ago. 
Before special was added, it was tougher to move from low PS into mid PS. The introduction of the special rarity and other balance tweaks has made mid PS so much better, and low PS more enjoyable too.

You have to use an extra bench (Or now, a higher cost in coin.), some more rares are needed than before (It was 4-5 for most epics before. Now it's 6.), it takes longer to craft epics (15 minutes*5 is less than 3*2 hours.), many of the specials are only worth using as crafting material (The prosecutor is one such example where you're better off with ignoring it.). Adding the special rarity increased how expensive it is to craft or buy epics more than it helped bridge any gaps because most rares were not struggling against most epics at the time.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, it helped low and mid PS. Easier to grind enough stuff to compete at that level.

Plus, remember that crafting common is now instant (instead of having to win the parts), and you can craft multiples at ones. Wheels above common are now crafted in pairs, Which also makes it quicker.

I craft more than most players, and I know for a fact that it’s much easier to craft anything below purple. Yes special takes longer than rare, but it’s still pretty quick. I don’t think it’s really any significantly slower to craft higher tier weapons when you factor in everything.

Considering the Special tier is in its baby steps compared to the 3 years the rest of the game has I wouldn't be surprised if it took a little more to fill in those gaps.

In time, young grasshopper... in time...

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Like I said, it helped low and mid PS. Easier to grind enough stuff to compete at that level.

Even at lower PSs, special parts are largely forgettable.

41 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Plus, remember that crafting common is now instant (instead of having to win the parts), and you can craft multiples at ones. Wheels above common are now crafted in pairs, Which also makes it quicker.

I craft more than most players, and I know for a fact that it’s much easier to craft anything below purple. Yes special takes longer than rare, but it’s still pretty quick. I don’t think it’s really any significantly slower to craft higher tier weapons when you factor in everything.

It would take 1 hour and 15 minutes to craft the rares you'd need for 1 epic.

Now it takes 3 specials that take 2 hours each.

2 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Except for the ones that are truly Special, like Goblins, Shivs, and Nailguns.  There's nothing like that at any other Tier.  Synthesis is something you can skip right past to Prometheus (in fact, I did.)  Because it doesn't have a Perk, in ever way it's just a low level, inferior version of a Plasma Emitter.

Maybe make special modules more unique, so that it isn’t just another item. Maybe make them 1 wide, so they can fit into smaller spaces.

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Some of my most used weapons are special weapons. The difference between them and rare is more significant now, so they perform quite well around 5000-6000ps.

But we all have different play-styles, so maybe they just don’t suit your mid/low PS style.  

• Thanks 1

Special radiator and cooler,yes please. As long as they arent some stupid big and bulky crap. More like in the lines of Taymyrs and white 25% rads physical size and shape but just tad more effective. 

Not shape / size of Chill and Shiver! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Some of my most used weapons are special weapons. The difference between them and rare is more significant now, so they perform quite well around 5000-6000ps.

But we all have different play-styles, so maybe they just don’t suit your mid/low PS style.  

I started to use Piercers as soon as Vector and Sinus lost their last durability.

Storm is my main AC though it sucks that "all " autocannons got a nerf for who knows how stupid reasons i cant understand the logics of.

Still using Rapiers often as well. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

The only special weapons I use in any major capacity are maces or goblins. I've got spectres so I have no use for sinus, piercers were bad as rares, storms are inferior to whirlwinds at sniping, synthesis are decent but I'd much rather use a higher rarity plasma emitter at this point, special drones are worthless except for the sidekick and that's only useful in raids.

It's not even playstyles differing, it's the fact that the new specials are gimped epics that might or might not have a lower energy requirement.

I thought epics are supposed to be stronger than special? 
Where is the problem? It allowed strong rares like goblin to get bumped up in PS to special without nerfing it too much. It also allowed for a better place from some of the weirder weapons to go that weren’t strong enough for epic. 
Do you play below 7000ps much? That’s where they have a role.

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

I thought epics are supposed to be stronger than special? 
Where is the problem? It allowed strong rares like goblin to get bumped up in PS to special without nerfing it too much. It also allowed for a better place from some of the weirder weapons to go that weren’t strong enough for epic. 
Do you play below 7000ps much? That’s where they have a role.

Crossout is balanced by stats and weapon design/quirks, not rarity. The piercer for example was bad as a rare and it got jumped to special. It's now even worse than it was before. Goblins didn't get the energy nerf they needed to be a balanced weapon even when moved to special.