Woodyrojo

[News] Preliminary information on the Crossout update 0.11.50 “Steel Championship”. Mass testing

7 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Leviathans in clan battles

Finally, here's something that many often asked for in clan battles. Leviathans return to clan battles!

As a test within a few weeks, we plan to replace usual battles with leviathan battles. If such a format proves to be a good addition to the mode, then we will consider options for its inclusion in the schedule.

The rules remain the same: the leader of the group enters the battle on a leviathan, all other players use their regular slot vehicles. But there are also innovations: now each leviathan will have unique abilities that allow it to temporarily accelerate or boost the reloading of all weapons. And the attack targets will be chosen depending on the opponent that the owner of the iron monster is aiming at.

During CBT, there were two car slots in the garage and one leviathan slot. How about introducing that slot and making it a "Boss" vehicle that could be used for the group leader in clan wars and possibly in more modes in the future. It wouldn't be a full-blown leviathan, but let's say a vehicle with 120 parts limit, +10 or +15 energy and +10000kg mass limit and tonnage. I like the base idea, but I think that if one of the players will be able to use a full blown 60+ energy 180 parts leviathan, it will be an absolute disaster. A fun disaster probably, but I'd wager it won't stay in the game for long.

Ka1deron (Posted )

_Lemmy44_, hello! Another slot for a vehicle designed specifically for this mode? There are no plans for that at the moment, but this idea sounds interesting. For now, we want to see if the mode itself is going to prove popular among the players
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to testing new wedge mechanics and levi CW.

I can see these 20 porc builds already :004_2:

Edited by Bobby_Hingsen
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Why do i get a feeling that wedges arent going to get much damage at all, after all. If i have melee blades and spikes under my 6000kg car and 3500kg wedge drives under me, 60+ kmh , i think the melee should pretty much tear off wedges maces ?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Siberian_Jay3x6, hello! As it is mentioned in the news, the work on these changes is still in progress. Based on the results of this testing we will see if we should proceed further with such changes
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Let us turn to the Breaker. You can say that the shotgun has had a “second start”! In the new version of the perk, the hit, which was supposed to destroy the shotgun, leaves it with 1 unit of durability and makes the shotgun invulnerable to any damage for the next 1.5 seconds. The ability can trigger once every 40 seconds. In addition, we also increased the shotgun's damage by 5%.

More damage? damn those breakers are already OP, they can strip ur guns even in long range.... the range should be adjusted to close range.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 6

Devs I think you don't know how balance wedges. New mechanics are joke, you buff goliath track and hovers with this.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! We are working on a number of ways that can possibly solve this issue. Which measures in your opinion are going to be effective?
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

New raiders

pve_new_scientists_3.jpg

Already dealt with the Firestarters and expecting new challenges? Dawn's Children raiders are on their way! And we are sure that the Steppenwolf raiders will come soon enough.

Awesome, that's great, thanks.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Yea the Next Shotgun Buff......Shotguns no OP.....50m Range.......In Real The have 35m Range.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Leviathans return to clan battles!

heart-made-of-hearts.jpg

Ka1deron (Posted )

Yep! And the test server is already open as well:)
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

Steel Championship

For the start of the championship, we also reworked the rewards system

Good. I hated old stupid league style reward system. Always RU sever and i couldn't keep win rate in Steel Championship.
I hope new system will work well.

New PvP map “Ravagers foothold”

Great!

Punisher and Breaker

A lot of questions, a lot of suggestions and here's the result — new perks for relic machine guns and shotguns are almost ready!

Let's start with the Punisher. Now, “Successfully landing 40 shots increases damage by 100% for 5 seconds and reduces spread to a minimum. A miss resets the successful hit counter”. To balance the machine gun with the new perk, we reduce the damage it deals by 15% as a test.

I don't like extreme, radical mechanism. 100% damage boost for 5 seconds? This kind of extreme boost always causes the problem.

I think it should be reduced at least by half. What about 25% damage boost for 2.5 seconds after successful 20 shots?
Of course, its damage reduction should be less.

Let us turn to the Breaker. You can say that the shotgun has had a “second start”! In the new version of the perk, the hit, which was supposed to destroy the shotgun, leaves it with 1 unit of durability and makes the shotgun invulnerable to any damage for the next 1.5 seconds. The ability can trigger once every 40 seconds. In addition, we also increased the shotgun's damage by 5%.

Is its name Breaker, not Unbreakable? I don't think this is good perk for the shotgun.

Why not giving this perk to turret cannon?

It feels like you guys just pick the name for parts by drawing lots.
"Hey guys, What name do you want for this relic shotgun?"
"I don't know. Just use random name generator and use straw poll app."
"Sounds good!"

Also...

pve_new_scientists_3.jpg

I can't understand why you guys are so bad at designing the vehicle, while your design for parts is nice.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

Ka1deron (Posted )

VisceraCleaner, hello! As always, we recommend you to try the possible changes on the test server and share your feedback afterwards. It is possible, that these tweaks will be changed before being implemented to the live servers. And regarding the vehicle design - the bots were created to be efficient enemies and there will be more in the raids:)
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for making Punisher and Breaker viable again.

I am so happy to see a new mechanic perk for Breaker.Given you deleted %100 more dmg in final shot, %5 seems very low. Maybe Increase to %7 or %10.

For Punisher dmg reduction was too steep

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

What about giving scorpions some love? a small explosion for each shot? its only good for stripping but not for removing parts...:00888:

• Confused 14
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Thanks for making Punisher and Breaker viable again.

I am so happy to see a new mechanic perk for Breaker.Given you deleted %100 more dmg in final shot, %5 seems very low. Maybe Increase to %7 or %10.

For Punisher dmg reduction was too steep

Dont know what ur talking about, Clan Meta now is breakers... they are OP.... range and damage should be reduced...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

@Da_Costa_83  Imagine begging buff for the weapon YOU play but crying for nerf the weapon which you got DESTROYED. Also

Meta doesnt mean they are OP. Meta means most efficient way to play. Learn your game terms.

I also played Breaker more then you can imagine and they are not OP. :)

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

ej457kk.png

New wedge mechanism is kinda excessive. This is screenshot from my friend.
Just touching the dummy car with tip of wedge will damage the car.

In fact, taking damage starts right after touching the car, not after lifting the car.

N3rYiqs.png

I wanted to smash the enemy vehicles with heavy ones but current mechanism leaves the possibility of anti wedge abusing.

But i believe this mechanism can be improved more. This is just first step for the better and more realistic mechanism with better balance.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 2

@StreaMRoLLeR Im not begging for my weapon, its a reality about scorps, i used to play with typhoons and they nerfed so many times that i sold them... i play with legendary weapons and sometimes with relics in clan battles. but its my opinion and i respect ur point of view.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

Looks great all in all, looking forward to test the changes myself!

Can you guys also please rethink the nerf to cyclones, they were already easy to shoot off but the last nerf made them useless!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 4

I won't bother commenting on the tested wedge mechanics, because we all know they are never gonna make it into live server ... just like with all the tested changes that could have actually made hovers less retardly OP.

About the stuff that you actually intend to push on live server :

• Glad to see more Leviathan love, even I don't do clan. Leviathans are awesome, and it's a shame they aren't actually that central to overall gameplay.
  • More raiders is always better, it make PvE slightly less mind-blowingly boring and repetitive.
  • I don't use Punisher nor Breaker, but I never see them ever so just changing what they do is probably the right call.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hydrargyrum, hello! We've been working on these changes (for the wedges) for a while and inted to implement them to the live server. But with this open testing we will be able to see which things require additional changes and\or improvements.
  • Upvote 3

@StreaMRoLLeR and also i see u dont wnt ur breakers to be nerfed right? its sucks when ur favorite weapon is nerfed nerfed and then you have to get rid of it.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

ej457kk.png

New wedge mechanism is kinda excessive. This is screenshot from my fiend.
Just touching the dummy car with tip of wedge will damage the vehicle.

In fact, taking damage starts right after touching the car, not after lifting the car.

N3rYiqs.png

I wanted to smash the enemy vehicles with heavy ones but current mechanism leaves the possibility of anti wedge abusing.

But i believe this mechanism can be improved more. This is just first step for the better and more realistic mechanism with better balance.

Wonder how is it with Legs

Ka1deron (Posted )

As it is mentioned in the news: "In the case of cars with mechanical legs, additional weight is added only when the “wedge” contacts the frame of such a car." There are going to be additional improvements for this case in the future

13 minutes ago, crackpower said:

Devs I think you don't know how balance wedges. New mechanics are joke, you buff goliath track and hovers with this.

Now players can build crushing cars not wedges. On low ps builds tonnage are very close to mass limit.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Looks great all in all, looking forward to test the changes myself!

Can you guys also please rethink the nerf to cyclones, they were already easy to shoot off but the last nerf made them useless!

Get used to it bro, every time they nerf someones favorite weapon.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Da_Costa_83 said:

@StreaMRoLLeR and also i see u dont wnt ur breakers to be nerfed right? its sucks when ur favorite weapon is nerfed nerfed and then you have to get rid of it.....

Nah :) When I have every relic, its become a part you dont care anymore :good:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Da_Costa_83 said:

its a reality about scorps,

Agree scorps really need some love. 3 toadfish for 12 energy do 840 cabin damage and have unlimited range while 2 scorp madee for sniping do only 560 and have limited range. You could argue about the perks but toadfish seem much more usefull and versatile imo.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2