Sign in to follow this  
psiberzerker

Heavy Weapons

Okay, this is an idea, that most likely won't get implemented, for any number of reasons, so you can go right ahead and skip all the reasons why it won't work.  For the purposes of Discussion, let's just take it as it is, for what it's worth.

Mandrake takes 8 Energy, and I'd argue that there's really no good reason to use 2 of them, other than people just want to mount as many of the biggest guns they can.  That's basically what this is about, 3 Executioners, because that's all you can cram on your cabin with a generator, when it would just make sense to get a bigger gun.

So, just for fun, I'd like to imagine guns big enough that you only need 1.  Not 2, not three, 1 gun, and you're done.  Maybe with enough left over for a reaper, or something.

12 Energy.  Now, I'm talking about something massive, like Mammoth.  Look at the name Mammoth, and you're kinda supposed to imagine something massive, tough, and powerful, which gets me wondering, why would you ever you need 2?  Mandrake is a Flower.

Mandrake-bloom.jpg

(It's also a root used in alchemical, and pseudo-medical witchcraft like wormwood, and woad)

This is what Mammoth means:

fantasy-2995326_1920.jpg

So, wouldn't it be cool if Mammoth cost 12 Energy, BUT it actually hit like an Anti-tank Cannon?  Like what it's modeled after, like all the tanks, and self propelled artillery have ever been, because it's just objectively better to have 1 big gun than 2 little ones, with names like "Mammoth,' and "Elephant."  

How would that change the face of Crossout?  How would the Builds look, with 1 Turret, and maybe enough Energy left over for a machinegun?  Maybe more like this?

altay.jpg

Just something to think about...

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see something like this actually implemented, obviously the weapon would be massive heavy and expensive, I'd expect something like a cannon shell with high impulse, penetration and a large explosion radius. Only thing is at 12 energy is you'd slap it on a growl with a 1 energy generatior frames and 4 wheels and play it at 5-6k powerscore and watch the poor kiddies with 3 vectors be sent somewhere into the moon

I always think what if devs added a brench continuation for the elephant cannon turret and call them tank turrets.

The problem is how could you make them different from the other cannons in a way that it doesn't remplace them.

I think they could be more armored than normal turrets.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

11 minutes ago, Papercut65829 said:

Only thing is at 12 energy is you'd slap it on a growl with a 1 energy generatior frames and 4 wheels and play it at 5-6k powerscore and watch the poor kiddies with 3 vectors be sent somewhere into the moon

See, that's kind-of the idea:  Scale it with the Cabins of the same Tier.  Avenger would stay 5 Energy, and Little Boy 6, because at that point in the game, all you have is a Duster.  So, you can have a Lupara, or a couple Chords with that.

At rare, Growl is the obvious choice for a Glass Cannon, but that's what it would be, a Glass Cannon.  You'd have 1 shot, a long reload (Because we're talking about at least a 105mm) and you'd get 1-shot too, because it's so heavy, that's All a Growl will carry.  That, and maybe a Big G (The rare Generator.)

Special is kinda wonky already, but you get the idea.  A generator would be fore your Accessories, maybe a Support weapon like Aurora, but your main gun would be your main gun.  Not a cluster of 3 guns.  I think that would make the cars, and tanks look more like cars, and tanks than this:

C2E13B2453E54AE935724BD4E0D227BB64E1E0FE

I'm just thinking how different the Cars, and Tanks would look, if they just scaled everything up by a factor of 2.  Executioner would hit twice as hard, and cost twice as much (10) energy, so you'd only need 1, for basically the same combat effectiveness.  Light weapons wouldn't really have to be scaled the same, because they are light weapons.  You could have that, and a Machinegun.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Another way to go about it might be just adding more Heavy Weapons to go with Mandrake.  That's pretty much the only one that I would consider in this class.

13 minutes ago, AGrievousGuy said:

I always think what if devs added a brench continuation for the elephant cannon turret and call them tank turrets.

The problem is how could you make them different from the other cannons in a way that it doesn't remplace them.

I think they could be more armored than normal turrets.

I like this idea.  Also, add weld points to Elephant (Increase the Energy cost to at least 8) so you can decorate it, or put a Machinegun on it.  

Edited by psiberzerker

18 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Another way to go about it might be just adding more Heavy Weapons to go with Mandrake.  That's pretty much the only one that I would consider in this class.

I like this idea.  Also, add weld points to Elephant (Increase the Energy cost to at least 8) so you can decorate it, or put a Machinegun on it.  

You mean placing weldpoints in the turret shields?

I have thought before about something like that. I was like mmh what if i could weld wasp to the sides if my fatman.:lol:

But then i came to the conclusion that it would only be worth or less balance risky if it was only limited to decos or even perhaps certain types of weapons.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

23 minutes ago, AGrievousGuy said:

You mean placing weldpoints in the turret shields?

On Elephant, Specifically.  If we got another Full Turret like that.  Rather than putting in a Coaxial Machinegun, like a real turret has. 

That would be worth 2 more Energy as a Perk though.  Wouldn't it?  Turret includes a Coaxial Machinegun, with the same Point of Aim as the main gun.  Just like a Tank Turret.

Again, I don't want to hear why it won't be done.  I know it won't be done, but honestly, it's not like players don't already put 2 Executioners on a Growl and go a-seal-clubbing.  

Edited by psiberzerker

Let me tell you that picture about mammoth is photoshop , first thing mamoth have lot of hair and second i have in my city the skeleton of a real mammoth and even if not allowed i did a picture with it and trust me is not so tall like in your photo :) 

I can't post the picture because is not digital , is like the old pictures on paper or how is that called . 

Edited by RYANCQQPER

6 minutes ago, RYANCQQPER said:

I can't post the picture because is not digital , is like the old pictures on paper or how is that called . 

Uhm, you know that Mammoths are extinct, right?  I couldn't find a stock photo from Pleistocene Park.  Any photo I had found would have been either a model, an artist's interpretation, or something likeat, because we don't have any real mammoths to take a picture of.

This:

latest?cb=20180123212433

Is an artist's rendering too.

When we get to talking about Draco, are you going to pick the nit that I couldn't find any pictures of real Dragons?

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

It could be like bigrams's perk where yous swap modes by pushing a button, except here, you swap between, the main gun and the coaxial.

And about the energy i think i should be beetwen 10 to 11 energy since it doesnt matter if you have two weapons since you only can use one at the time, but in order to prevent people of pairing the tank turret with another cannon such as a tsunami i would be best to make it expensive energy wise.

6 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Uhm, you know that Mammoths are extinct, right?  I couldn't find a stock photo from Pleistocene Park.  Any photo I had found would have been either a model, an artist's interpretation, or something likeat, because we don't have any real mammoths to take a picture of.

This:

latest?cb=20180123212433

Is an artist's rendering too.

When we get to talking about Draco, are you going to pick the nit that I couldn't find any pictures of real Dragons?

No mammoths didn't extinct , they just go into evolution and global warming and become the elephant of today , like dogs for example back then people used dogs (strong big without fear) to catch bears but today we have chihuahua heheheh , is the evolution  , same with mans , before were a hell of a unit ready to get down the world and today we have xxxx people or people who get offended by 2 words 

Edited by RYANCQQPER
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AGrievousGuy said:

It could be like bigrams's perk where yous swap modes by pushing a button, except here, you swap between, the main gun and the coaxial.

Just make it mappable to another button, like any other weapon.  

1 minute ago, AGrievousGuy said:

And about the energy i think i should be beetwen 10 to 11 energy since it doesnt matter if you have two weapons since you only can use one at the time, but in order to prevent people of pairing the tank turret with another cannon such as a tsunami i would be best to make it expensive energy wise.

Yeah, that's basically the idea.I honestly don't want to prevent players from making multi-gun cars.  I just want to add viable guns (Or change specific ones that are good candidates) so you can have 1 cannon, and it do more than Tickle.  

Back to Executioner as an example:  it should be twice as good, twice as big, and twice as expensive as Avenger.  Right?  So, you shouldn't need 3 of them to destroy a tank, it's a big gun that's designed to destroy tanks.

For Elephant, a coaxial machinegun would bump the Energy up to 8.  6 for the Turret/Cannon, 2 for the Gun.  Ultimately you save 1 point of energy by not having to mount an extra Defender.  (Also, it has the advantage that you have to destroy the whole Turret to shoot off the machinegun, but it's a machinegun that traverses at Turret Cannon speed.)

1 minute ago, RYANCQQPER said:

No mammoths didn't extinct

This is about guns.  Big ones.  Not paleontology.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

This is about guns.  Big ones.  Not paleontology.  

you right , must be the beer ,make me think and talk a lot 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

For Elephant, a coaxial machinegun would bump the Energy up to 8.  6 for the Turret/Cannon, 2 for the Gun.  Ultimately you save 1 point of energy by not having to mount an extra Defender.  (Also, it has the advantage that you have to destroy the whole Turret to shoot off the machinegun, but it's a machinegun that traverses at Turret Cannon speed.)

Mmh about the traverse speed i think it should be a little faster than current turret cannons, to compesate for it being just one. Unless its dps or so is crazy.

5 minutes ago, AGrievousGuy said:

Mmh about the traverse speed i think it should be a little faster than current turret cannons, to compesate for it being just one. Unless its dps or so is crazy.

That's the trade-off.  Just like the trade-off for Protectors being hard to shoot off is Limited Firing Angles.  In return, you get an Epic level Machinegun for the Energy cost of a Chord.  

Speaking of which, I'd like some Heavy machineguns, please.  For 5 Energy, something like Joule.  Pretty much exactly like Joule without the blast damage, and maybe a different Perk.  High enough DPS to be worth 5 Energy.

Edited by psiberzerker

22 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

That's the trade-off.  Just like the trade-off for Protectors being hard to shoot off is Limited Firing Angles.  In return, you get an Epic level Machinegun for the Energy cost of a Chord.  

Speaking of which, I'd like some Heavy machineguns, please.  For 5 Energy, something like Joule.  Pretty much exactly like Joule without the blast damage, and maybe a different Perk.  High enough DPS to be worth 5 Energy.

1200px-Cyclone_Catarina_from_the_ISS_on_

• Confused 1

The problem with single weapon systems in building games like this is that once its added you end up with duplo craft. The thing has to do a xxxx ton of damage, has to have a bus load of hit points, and its so large that building around it is nearly impossible and everything that uses it looks the same, drives the same, and I guarantee it ends up as frontal hover armor...

If something like this ever exists it better be 100% customizable to the point its literally just a cannon and a turret ring with the turret armor entirely up to the user to build

Even then I'm 80% sure an MBT turret or whatever would still end up being not much bigger than a mammoth still entirely allowing 2 of them

Edited by UNITGX48

27 minutes ago, UNITGX48 said:

The problem with single weapon systems in building games like this is that once its added you end up with duplo craft. The thing has to do a xxxx ton of damage, has to have a bus load of hit points, and its so large that building around it is nearly impossible and everything that uses it looks the same, drives the same, and I guarantee it ends up as frontal hover armor...

So, other than that last bit, exactly like Mandrake?

I just think it would be nice if we had a couple more weapons like that.

Okay, let's keep it down to 8 Energy.  I want 1 armored Casemate Cannon

e9O5VssAsFy_1nMY9htyX8y0ORyneEgAiXFMkDfD

And one Turret, like Elephant, but powerful enough that we don't need 2:

340?cb=20151207215524

Edited by psiberzerker

Sign in to follow this