RoughMonkey

Just say no to Leviathans in Clan Wars (worst thing in Crossout)

5 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

sounds kind of fun, why u dont try it first?

It’s already been tried and failed. Don’t get me wrong, it will not effect clans like mine on the Xbox, we are the “Haves” it will effect the “Have Nots”.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Mixed feelings because to me obviously as a new player compared to veteran players it would give me a disadvantage even though I kind of like that becuase it forces me to play better. 

I think I would introduce this leviathan clanwars on a seperate timetable at least and keep the existing clanwars format because that works and is self regulating at the moment; could just up the rewards more in the non uranium leagues to make that playerpool bigger and more competitive. With this clanwars setup newer player at least have a fair shot at competing at the top with the full fused builds/veteran players. Adding leviathan clanwars would make this gap a bit too huge I guess, and not motivational as a lot of players give up soon with the current format due to the resistance.

I dont exactly know how I would do it with the total points from normal clanwars when you add leviathans in the mix, it is a tough one. Making it a seperate mode with uranium would devaluate uranium; so I would then maybe aim for a fantastic pvp mode or something with very good rewards in resources or even other fancy stuff like CK's etc... I dont know, just throwing around ideas. 
I think there should be enough creative ideas regarding leviathans and pvp battles with good rewards; it doesnt have to be just in clanwars. 

I just watched some videos from leviathan clanwars years ago( with so many names I still see today:salute: ) , and it seemed a bit over the top sometimes. On the other hand it looks also very cool...  I have laughed my azz off  about a build on exhibtion; a huge firedog with a wall of remedies.... I once joked to my friends it was my new clanwar build.... but now its damn near peeking around the corner :p:

But I dont know enough, there are far more experienced players regarding these matters. I just hope it doesnt make the game a bit crap. 

I would definetly like some pvp mode with leviathans on them, for once a change that actually changes the game and it's not just "hey it's the same as always, just with one more base" would be awesome, but I can agree CW is probably not the best place for it 

• Upvote 4

Why itll mix things up a bit and the weapons that tend to work best are cheap.

Even on console , running 10-12 crickets is 9-10k.  1/3rd of a relic. I do not see the p2w aspect of this at all

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

Clanbrawls :yes_yes_yes:

or something

• Upvote 1

I think instead of putting this in CW, just use the same control system and make Invasion a 4 vs 1 PVP mode. Maybe that could be a way for non-CW players to earn uranium?

I don’t care about CW, but I really want to be able to control my Leviathan against real players in some kind of mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

Even on console , running 10-12 crickets is 9-10k.  1/3rd of a relic. I do not see the p2w aspect of this at all

If you say it like that, I believe you as a veteran player :) 

Shaking things up is always nice, and it would also be amazing the crafts you can build using leviathan limits. That alone gives more room for creativity and stuff.

Interesting times and topic actually, curious what all the experienced players know and tell  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Topic says it all. This was not a good idea two years ago and it is not one now.

I thought it was fun and I never even had the leviathan. Keep in mind barely anyone had porcs back then and I dont even think incinerators were in the game. I think it's going to be much different this time around. 

Edited by EVAN_WILLIAMS

4 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

This.

I saw a coldfire video where he has a complete meltdown about this. How it screws new players and the marketprices of some stuff. Just chill and see how it turns out. The game today is more beginner friendly than ever, lol. 

Also we still have the leauge system. While it's not perfect most of the time the 'haves' will play against 'haves'. And if it shakes up some things, so be it. 

• Confused 2

some videos first 2 cricket levi's and the last a nice compilation

funny stuff actually!!! 

im convinced already, yes leviathans please 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I AGREE NO LEVIATHANS IN CLAN WARS BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SPEND A GAZILLION DOLLAR'S WON'T BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN CLAN BATTLES

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, *breakcreate said:

I AGREE NO LEVIATHANS IN CLAN WARS BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SPEND A GAZILLION DOLLAR'S WON'T BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN CLAN BATTLES

To be fair only 1 person in clans needs super expensive levi. 3 players per group play normal builds. 

But yes. Leviathans SHOULD be added to PvP but  shouldn't replace Clan Wars. 

Edited by Undead_Artillery
  • Upvote 3

I dont see the difference between a significant balance patch or update shaking up the meta for a couple weeks,  and this.

Its not forever, and it keeps things interesting. 

• Confused 4

What might be neat, rather than allowing Leviathans in CW might be to up the Part, and Energy limits in CW, but not to that extreme.  Say double, since 4v4 is half of 8v8, the same Part Limits would be preserved, but you wouldn't have full-on Leviathans, either.

• Upvote 1

Levys have no place in clan wars. The game is not balanced for it and it hurts newer players the most. 

I've proposed multiple times to do the opposite, just limit CW sometimes in power score and weapon rarity for some funny games.  

Imagine everyone using just epic weapons or like limited to 8k powerscore. 

• Upvote 1

I'm against this leviathan thing unless there coming a balance factors. 

It is funny to see when people over reaction.   

It is good to see leviathans in clanwars.  

That give diversity to clan wars.  

Specially  some tiny clans benefit this.

Ofcourse clanwars need to be a check that energy consubtion.  

levi 66 max energy. (cabin+geneterator) (group leader)

3 x 16 energy regular vehicle.  (3 x clan members)

That group leader have too much energy to use.  If there is 3 clan member 

I do not have 100% picture how leviathan works in clanwars. Future showing that. I see how it work. 

What if we have hard limit to energy (clan wars)

Group can only use (about)  max 64 energy.    (clanwars)

1 player group in clanwars can use 64 max energy per vehicle.    (special levi clanwars)

2 players group can use 32 max energy per vehicle.  (special levi clanwars) (medium levi's)

3 players groups can use 21.33 max energy to per vehicle.  (note give that 1 extra energy to goup leader)   (special levi clanwars) (tiny levi's)

4 players groups can using only 16 max energy per vehicle.   (normal vehicles)

These give more diversity and help to those tiny clans.   Even solo players like it.  

Weigth scaling to levi's

1 player group in clanwars can 100% weigth limit vehicle.    (special levi clanwars) (big levi)

2 players group can use  75% weigth limit per vehicle.  (special levi clanwars)  (medium levi's)

3 players groups can use  50% wigth limit vehicle.  (note give that 1 extra energy to goup leader)   (special levi clanwars)  (tiny levi's)

4 players groups can using only vehicle.   (normal vehicles)

These give more diversity and help to those tiny clans.   Even solo players like it.  

Weigth example.   Think humback leviathan.  That can carry about 75 tons.  

1 men group levi can carry 100% weigth.  75t can use to vehicle.

2 men group levis can carry 50% weigth.   75t x 50% = 32,5t

3 men group levis can carry 50% weigth.  75 x 33% = 24,75t     

4 men groups can't use leviathan.  Those using only regular vehicles. 

It is good to see 1~3 levi in battles.  

That give diversity even more.  tiny clan benefit most.  Do not forgot big clan can doing everything what tiny clan can doing. Playing levi's. 

something this type  clan wars in future can be a fun.   That can give even SOLO players to get uranium.....

Xbox side is comment section. go tell your comment there.

• Confused 1

This would just be people making bs op leviathans with things like 12 crickets or 60 lances, that just kills the entire enemy team

35 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

This would just be people making bs op leviathans with things like 12 crickets or 60 lances, that just kills the entire enemy team

Not sure how effective a lance build would be with all the porcs in the game, wouldnt be too hard to take a defensive position, spray with punishers or reapers and throw porcs. I'm sure it would work but it could go wrong very easily as well, but that's going to be the fun of levi clan wars is trying out whatever you have and seeing if it works. 

Devs implemented it before and it was a horrible idea, i dont understand why they are trying toi add it in again

The people that are currently on top will stay on top. The people on the bottom will stay on the bottom. Those in the middle will shift around a bit depending on clever design and tactics.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

The people that are currently on top will stay on top. The people on the bottom will stay on the bottom. Those in the middle will shift around a bit depending on clever design and tactics.

tf u rambling

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1