Crunk_Prime

Why cant we have more powerful weapons that use more energy?

Mandrakes the highest energy weapon in the game at 8 energy, but why cant we have more weapons like that? How about some guns that use 7 energy? Maybe one that uses 10? I think theres alot of fun that could be had with having one big gun on your car and supporting it with smaller weapons, or just lugging around two 8 energy weapons with nothing else.

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Upvote 7

I think it's in part due to the game technical limitations, which are keeping it waaay back, it was fine when it started, but now is going to be left behind because devs refuse to improve it's engine

But that aside, something like this would be great to see,  with so many options: 

- Satellite laser ->  A crashed orbital experimental weapon from the old wars, restored and adapted for it to work on the vehicles 8-9 energy,  it has to charge before shooting, with great range, where it's fired it heats the area around the point of impact (5-8 metre radius) and every vehicle that gets caught in there,  direct hit damage on a vehicle would be somewhat like a direct mandrake shot,  of course it would have kinda slow reload, pretty much an oversized Trigger

- Cluster missile ->  Hand controlled, kinda like a TOW, but airborne like the atgm's,  it could be detonated manually, if done in high altitude, the cluster bombs spray around, dealing less damage overall, but damaging more enemis,  if the whole missile hits a target it deals whole damage, 7-8 energy 

Of course this stuff would go along modules of defense, you can't just put something like this and no way to defend against it, smoke screens, emp pulses, flares, hologram decoys etc. 

But the whole game would have to go a couple steps up for this to happen, something is not really likely to happen, sadly :/ 

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 2

We need more Relics and next tier category after Relic. Maybe name Ancients dunno, red framed. All Ancient tier use 8 energy and meant for most OP and longest achievement item in game

many many ideas but chance of implementing is %10. Targem is too slow making relics. We proposed them great ideas one of them was complex raid but whatever..

• Confused 1

A weapon with 9 energy cost leaves 7 on the vehicle (assuming 16 max). What do you do with that? An Executioner and 2 energy for modules? Two Equalizers and 1 energy for a module?

The only way for such superweapons to be worth using (at high PS) would be if they could synergize with something else. Unless you plan on players just using one or two low-energy throwaway weapons to fill energy capacity. If not, players will just use one of that weapon at low PS.

Such design isn't impossible. It just hasn't been seen recently, considering that the recently added weapons rarely work well with anything besides themselves.

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2020 at 5:37 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Mandrakes the highest energy weapon in the game at 8 energy, but why cant we have more weapons like that? How about some guns that use 7 energy? Maybe one that uses 10? I think theres alot of fun that could be had with having one big gun on your car and supporting it with smaller weapons, or just lugging around two 8 energy weapons with nothing else.

Its difficult to create a weapon powerful enough that it can justify the high energy count while in the same time, durable enough to not be degunned too soon, be able to play well with other types of guns (since you can't mount two or if two can be mounted you wouldn't have room for anything else) and still not be totally broken OP.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, xCrossFaith said:

- Satellite laser

Looks promising! When test server starts?

On 6/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, xCrossFaith said:

- Cluster missile

Also these

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Basically what I was talking about with Heavy Weapons.  I guess I need to work on making my titles more clickbaitey.

Just start with "Wedges" or "Hovers" and you got people to word buguer it for you :wink:

• Haha 2

On 6/28/2020 at 2:53 AM, xCrossFaith said:

I think it's in part due to the game technical limitations, which are keeping it waaay back, it was fine when it started, but now is going to be left behind because devs refuse to improve it's engine

But that aside, something like this would be great to see,  with so many options: 

- Satellite laser ->  A crashed orbital experimental weapon from the old wars, restored and adapted for it to work on the vehicles 8-9 energy,  it has to charge before shooting, with great range, where it's fired it heats the area around the point of impact (5-8 metre radius) and every vehicle that gets caught in there,  direct hit damage on a vehicle would be somewhat like a direct mandrake shot,  of course it would have kinda slow reload, pretty much an oversized Trigger

- Cluster missile ->  Hand controlled, kinda like a TOW, but airborne like the atgm's,  it could be detonated manually, if done in high altitude, the cluster bombs spray around, dealing less damage overall, but damaging more enemis,  if the whole missile hits a target it deals whole damage, 7-8 energy 

Of course this stuff would go along modules of defense, you can't just put something like this and no way to defend against it, smoke screens, emp pulses, flares, hologram decoys etc. 

But the whole game would have to go a couple steps up for this to happen, something is not really likely to happen, sadly :/ 

Awesome ideas. Maybe a 12 energy rotary cannon with faster projectiles than current ACs? Like a semi-hitscan reaper with explosive rounds.

Edited by Jiffy_boi

On 6/28/2020 at 1:37 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Relic mandrake 10 energy so you only need one!

Back in the golden era of mandrakes you could run 2 harvesters for defense 

Edited by EVAN_WILLIAMS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Basically what I was talking about with Heavy Weapons.  I guess I need to work on making my titles more clickbaitey.

Or post them here in the general discution instead of the vehicles topic, this place is more active.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

As i already said in tanother post, devs could follow the tree of the elephant cannon and add bigger tank turrets that use more energy, they could be balance in a way that you only need 1 of them.

Edited by AGrievousGuy

On 6/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, DominusPericulum said:

If not, players will just use one of that weapon at low PS.

A weapon with higher energy requirement would automatically have higher PS, i would think sealclubbing wouldn't be too much of a problem.

A legendary with 10 energy would be 4000ps by itself for example. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, AGrievousGuy said:

Or post them here in the general discution instead of the vehicles topic, this place is more active.

At least we don't have to wait for them to never get unlocked...

Edited by psiberzerker