*Jellie_23

Opinions in wedges being nerfed

Depends on how well they can make lightweight low ps wedges. I think it will have a greater effect on the high ps players but it’s a good start anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Opinion: 

About xxxx time. 

They have been one of the major issues of the game to anyone who doesn't use hovers, mech legs or another meta builds for over 3 years 

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 2

I like the changes, but i fear People find  a way to exploit this new mechanic too. 

Edited by Draco_Night

1 hour ago, Draco_Night said:

I like the changes, but i fear People find  a way to exploit this new mechanic too. 

they already find it , wedge upside down placed on top of the build with legs or bigram so they can go up your car and trap you under and you start getting croushing damage . But i don't think will work great . 

Edited by RYANCQQPER
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

The test server version was very broken imho.

Indeed its very broken, im not against wedge changes, but what was presented on the test server is an absurd implementation.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, szefopl said:

Indeed its very broken, im not against wedge changes, but what was presented on the test server is an absurd implementation.

As a start (Which is what it is is.) it's great.

• Upvote 2

Opinions? oh you meant celebration!

I do not use a Wedge. I have tried a Sledgehammer behind the Cabin (Thug or Huntsman) with a Wedge Vehicle. It was too easy and cheesy for me to enjoy. I use Passive Melee to make a battering ram front end. I ram enemy every chance I get. Some battles I get more Reputation for Ramming then Shooting. If my Weapons are destroyed or empty, I still can cause damage if I have my Passive Melee and my Bigfoot wheels. As long as you can keep moving you can help the team.

I do not celebrate the elimination of Wedges or nerfing them or whatever this fix is supposed to do. The have never been a concern to me and I always use Wheels.

I drive onto enemy wedges intentionally, many times to tank damage meant for my smoldering allies, who are strangers. I am a team player and I will throw myself on a grenade even for a stranger if he is my ally. I ram Lances and Spears aimed at my Ally if possible, I tank Cannon shots meant for others, I get in front of allies and tank Tusk Rams if needed. I spend a lot of seconds on Wedges.

Driving intentionally on their wedge ruins their plan. They want to shoot something of value but only find APC and Scavenger Armor and then my Frames. If they are lucky they get my Detector while under there. If I am lucky, my allies blast him to bits while he is trapped under me. If I am unlucky I self destruct and take us both out.

See, no problem. Boom goes the dynamite! Boom goes the Wedge. Next battle please.

Ruin the game more, ruin the fun, ruin speed, ruin the mayhem.

Keep it up, WoT awaits! Somedays I really miss flying around in my Chaffee.

Edited by LordTutor
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

As a start (Which is what it is is.) it's great.

No, its not great, its terrible implementation right now that would split the player base, unfair and very abusive.

But starting to do something with it is good if most players want it, but it will need changes.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

I do not use a Wedge.  I use Passive Melee to make a battering ram front end.

BD56B5ED95B20E62B0EBF480AB9FDB7770F0463F

This setup does about 500 damage.  (Head on, at maximum speed, on a good hit.  You know how ramming damage can vary wildly.)    I've gotten more, but it absotively posilutely does not ramp them up on my hood (Where I can't safely launch my Catapult, which is why I try to avoid it.)

Edited by psiberzerker

10 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

This setup does about 500 damage.  (Head on, at maximum speed, on a good hit.  You know how ramming damage can vary wildly.)    I've gotten more, but it absotively posilutely does not ramp them up on my hood (Where I can't safely launch my Catapult, which is why I try to avoid it.)

But still, occasionally the opponent bounces funny on terrain or another player's vehicle or a Turret or whatever and still ends up on top of me and if my Bigfoot Wheels pop off because the opponent somehow ends up on top of me, then that will not be acceptable.

How can you be weightless when your wheels come off the ground but now you weigh enough to crush your opponent while your wheels are off the ground? Jump from the Bridge and land right on your opponents weapons, but because I am weightless and I have no Passive Melee underneath my vehicle, their weapons may survive the impact. But Frames and Structure parts do Ramming Damage and they most likely lose the Weapons if you land on them with momentum.

But, if this goes through, then when you jumped down from the Bridge or anywhere and land on an opponent, then you better take damage to your vehicle before he takes damage over time for you being up there. You jump down onto an enemy, you better get hit hard for doing it!

In fact, if they do this garbage then everyone better take damage for crashing into terrain, jumping down from any height based on your momentum and the height of the fall, crashing into your ally. This way before we can even leave our Spawn then we can get all bashed up crashing into each other like everyone always crashes into each other trying to leave Spawn.

That would great, the player who races in front of everyone then slams on his brakes with no Brake Lights installed and gets rammed by everyone exiting Spawn all so he can take a blind shot across the map with a long distance weapon. Now he will be dead from so many allies ramming him and their wheels will all pop off and what fun that will be.

21 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

But still, occasionally the opponent bounces funny on terrain or another player's vehicle or a Turret or whatever and still ends up on top of me and if my Bigfoot Wheels pop off because the opponent somehow ends up on top of me, then that will not be acceptable.

How can you be weightless when your wheels come off the ground but now you weigh enough to crush your opponent while your wheels are off the ground? Jump from the Bridge and land right on your opponents weapons, but because I am weightless and I have no Passive Melee underneath my vehicle, their weapons may survive the impact. But Frames and Structure parts do Ramming Damage and they most likely lose the Weapons if you land on them with momentum.

But, if this goes through, then when you jumped down from the Bridge or anywhere and land on an opponent, then you better take damage to your vehicle before he takes damage over time for you being up there. You jump down onto an enemy, you better get hit hard for doing it!

In fact, if they do this garbage then everyone better take damage for crashing into terrain, jumping down from any height based on your momentum and the height of the fall, crashing into your ally. This way before we can even leave our Spawn then we can get all bashed up crashing into each other like everyone always crashes into each other trying to leave Spawn.

That would great, the player who races in front of everyone then slams on his brakes with no Brake Lights installed and gets rammed by everyone exiting Spawn all so he can take a blind shot across the map with a long distance weapon. Now he will be dead from so many allies ramming him and their wheels will all pop off and what fun that will be.

That would actually be great , but not with the average crossout player that's for sure

Don't forget to turn friendly fire off while you are at it

1 hour ago, szefopl said:

No, its not great, its terrible implementation right now that would split the player base, unfair and very abusive.

But starting to do something with it is good if most players want it, but it will need changes.

If the playerbase is split over an exploit being fixed then I see no reason for them to stay around. Unless the devs would rather fix the physics bug that lets weight disappear when off the ground, crushing damage is a fix to wedges that will end their scourge.

I'm welcome to changes in how it works so non-wedges are less affected by simple contact but wedges need to be die off.

• Upvote 2

If they wanted the player base to not be split, they should have never let this go on for 3 years.

How can it be a 3 year exploit? 3 years makes it a feature. Working as intended.

I just do not think they have the ability to fix it well so they should just leave it alone.

Only time will tell if they can pull it off well. I guess we just wait and see.

More fish in the sea if they can not.

Again, I do not use a Wedge. 

41 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

If they wanted the player base to not be split, they should have never let this go on for 3 years.

How can it be a 3 year exploit? 3 years makes it a feature. Working as intended.

I just do not think they have the ability to fix it well so they should just leave it alone.

For a regular game that would be true since that game would be most probably completed 

But on crossout aka longest beta ever ...

1 hour ago, LordTutor said:

Weight disappears once you're lifted enough. That's a physics bug and the exploit wedges rely on. I have no sympathy for those whose wedges will be useless.

9 hours ago, LordTutor said:

I do not use a Wedge. I have tried a Sledgehammer behind the Cabin (Thug or Huntsman). 

I do not celebrate the elimination of Wedges or nerfing them or whatever this fix is supposed to do. The have never been a concern to me and I always use Wheels.

I drive onto enemy wedges intentionally, many times to tank damage meant for my smoldering allies, who are strangers. I am a team player and I will throw myself on a grenade even for a stranger if he is my ally. I ram Lances and Spears aimed at my Ally if possible, I tank Cannon shots meant for others, I get in front of allies and tank Tusk Rams if needed. I spend a lot of seconds on Wedges.

If I am unlucky I self destruct and take us both out.

See, no problem. Boom goes the dynamite! Boom goes the Wedge. Next battle please.

Ruin the game more, ruin the fun, ruin speed, ruin the mayhem.

I really like your attitude, stranger.

It reminds me of how i tend to use self destruct, or how for last week ive done so much harm with mines by driving in a snakepit of enemy harassing 1-2 cars of my team. I drive in and before they know ,and before i destruct, ive had the pleasure of launching quite a few mines on em, and i know that on every explosion i get damage too but thats life and i also get often few kills  in same few seconds and if nothing else, several limping crippled enemy wrecks as easier prey to my team.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Upvote 1

Opinion:

Like.

But:

Maybe the crush damage could start with 0.5 second of delay, why? Balance, Coz wedges could still be useful for skilled drivers to quickly run in and out under a vehicle to flip it IMHO...

First off, the game physics are rather inconsistent to begin with.  We are playing a game that requires us to suspend disbelief on so many levels (i.e. bullets with the inability to flatten tires, lack of adequate cooling measures for the turbine engines called 'hovers', cabins, rather than engines providing an adequate power source, etc...) that I am not bothered by the wedge mechanic, nor the gross acceleration and directional change of hovers, for example, because it is a part of the game.  

Having played most builds, I would think that a wedge mechanic is almost necessary for a close range build, like shotguns.  Melee and short range weapons should be devastating at close range, either through the ability to hinder movement or to strip weapons.  When I first began playing three years ago, Crossout was described as a "rock-paper-scissors" kind of game, with each playstyle defined by clear strengths and weaknesses.  Individual player skill should help to overcome mismatches on the battlefield, but, I believe that mismatches should exist for EVERY playstyle.  Only when a counter cannot be devised, should the devs begin to nerf things.  

If I get outplayed by someone in game (which happens quite a bit), my hat goes off to them.  I need to figure out a way to counter that particular build, not call for a nerf.  Anyways, that is just my opinion on the wedge change. Like each of you, I will learn to adapt to whatever shifts are made in the game.  See you out on the battlefield!

Edited by Grymmlord
grammatical fixes
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1