It's kinda bs that in this mode players team up Or ignore each other rather then killing one another 

They should change storm warning game play 

Fully anonimity no name till the end of the battle 

Random cars just like in the last events

Or some kind of penalty when players are close to each other and forcing them to fight 

Its a bs that manny camp near each other and wait till the storm arrives 

Even GM's practice this team up style which is against the mode rules 

Edited by _ChocoNutsX_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Exactly 

Players are chased away from this mode couse it's unbalanced 

I played today a few rounds and always the same enemy's same campers teamers 

I've met a few don't worry 

GM's break more rules then normal players couse they have a bit of imuniti 

38 minutes ago, _ChocoNutsX_ said:

I've met a few don't worry 

GM's break more rules then normal players couse they have a bit of imuniti 

And if you were to report them they'd probably handle their own reports, that's silly...

4 hours ago, _ChocoNutsX_ said:

It's kinda bs that in this mode players team up Or ignore each other rather then killing one another 

They should change storm warning game play 

Fully anonimity no name till the end of the battle 

Random cars just like in the last events

Or some kind of penalty when players are close to each other and forcing them to fight 

Its a bs that manny camp near each other and wait till the storm arrives 

Even GM's practice this team up style which is against the mode rules 

I agree with you that people team up to kill other people and win , most of these are even in same clan . I reported this long time with pictures of clans doing this but beta angel told me they are not in same group , they join in the same event in same time . but still who did team didn't got punished

For the rest people is more pacific now staying close to eachother waithing for the storm to come , is some sort of bedlam now , some people just chill and other people just fight without reason .

Happen even to me to be close to other players but it not mean i do team with him , as im pacific in storm if you don't shoot me i don't shoot you , we use the horn to know if someone is pacific you honk at him and if he honk back he is ok :)  but example if you shoot at 2 pacific players is normal both of them will shoot you back , that is not team if you choose to fight both of them

This event is bit different than other brawls in my opinion because is storm surviving so to win you need to survive the storm and not kill all other players . More you get into fight with others more you get damage to your car and you won't survive the storm to win the battle . 

screenshot-200629-164736-25-3-39.jpg

As you can see , just completed now storm , to be pacific is lot better m, more number 1, those 3 battles where i have place 6 and 5 were because someone wanted to fight and won't end good for both 

Edited by RYANCQQPER
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Sooo... I just had a match where i was the 2nd to die out of six players, so i assumed i would be 5th place and it wouldn't count for the 9 brawls weekly badge thing, BUT - at the end i was 4th place because i had more points than the guys who survived longer than me.

This somewhat fixed storm warning for me.

PS: don't do the teaming thing. I know there are people who report every single case they see. You don't want to get banned over a brawl.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Upvote 1

This are NOT teammates, it somehow became "Code of Conduct" of Storm Warning, just see who has more durability will win, if you attack ANYONE every other "peaceful" player will attack you. 

I have no idea why it is this way but it is, just buipd 4000+ durability brick with a little bit of light weapons and you can easily win 40-70% games in it. 

I repeat: They are not breaking any rules of game, it is NORM at this point to just camp in corner NOT shooting anyone who is not shooting. But if 1 player starts to shot, then he everyone will gank on him. 

You guys probably thought that this were teammates abusing low population of servers. Nope, 90% of the time this are total randoms.

Edited by Undead_Artillery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Undead_Artillery said:

I have no idea why it is this way but it is

I do...

2017 -> Everyone attacked everyone and people were mostly fresh players who were looking for a fre-for-all fight in a Sumo arena. Chatting was alowed.

Things kept largely disorganized and it was everyone by themselves.

2018 -> Experienced players started ignoring beginners while others went full KoS. Chatting was still alowed and sheetposting was at its highest.

People started taking pity on the sub 3k players as heavier beasts started showing up. It was common for players to team up against "boss lvl" builds.

2019 -> Players started organizing themselves, teaming up and declaring "peaceful until provoked". Some veterans actively hunted KoS players and many noticed that. Chatting was heavily used.

Suddenly devs banned chatting in an atempt to roll back player organization into "factions". People were still waiting the round to end by just enduring the storm.

2020 -> Players mostly maintained the "peaceful until provoked" mindset because that is instintively what takes a serious contender further, since being KoS is declaring war against everyone else.

Frequency of players in this mode tanked because the uncertainty and lack of communication made wedges a serious threat while leviathanic builds reign almost supreme, some times winning without shooting a single bullet by just letting the storm consume everyone else.

In the end, building a massive brick and just waiting the storm to come is the easier and less tiresome/stressful way to win this mode... unless you are a douche KoS wedge that mangles 3~6 players just to be shot dead in fifth place and never achieve anything of value anywhere ever in the history of nothing.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Undead_Artillery said:

I have no idea why it is this way but it is, just buipd 4000+ durability brick with a little bit of light weapons and you can easily win 40-70% games in it. 

The objective doesn't lend well to everyone fighting each other as soon as they see anyone else. That means you have less ammo, less health, less parts and protection than if you wait until the end to start shooting or just plain outtanking the storm damage.

1 hour ago, Undead_Artillery said:

I repeat: They are not breaking any rules of game, it is NORM at this point to just camp in corner NOT shooting anyone who is not shooting.

Game rules

7.4. Sabotage of the battles, including: deliberately avoiding dealing damage to members of the opposing team, repeated self-destruction, blocking teammates or creating other kinds of nuisance in various game modes, refusal to deal damage to the enemy, assistance to the enemy's team, including giving away the location of Allied vehicles, behaviour similar to inaction.

7.5. Conspiracy with the players of the opposing team to decide the outcome of the battle in advance (fixed battles).

I don´t give a damn. Even reported a moderator. Go to bedlam if you want to stand around. In storm warning you fight and finish the damn game fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SirArkady said:

In storm warning you fight and finish the damn game fast.

Exactly.

I don't build bricks, so if i wouldn't fight i 'd lose anyway because i'd be the first to die in the storm. F that.

Luckily on ps4 it doesn’t seem that bad, did 11 matches in storm warning today and didn't see any teaming.

Its kinda hard to control 2 people running into each other that are friends..

The brawl tab itself specifies there are no rules, imo, they arent particularly breaking the rules.

It is definitely annoying when 4 people are queing in together, the population on console isnt large enough to prevent it.

Mixed feeling i guess. If i  come across a friend i probably wont shoot him/her , but usually when theres 4 people left i jhst leave anyways cuz idgaf about winning it anymore lol

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

2017                 ->                2018                 ->                2019                 ->                2020

I was deeply invested in Storm Warming and up until the point they blocked the chat I didn't skip a single week of it since mid 2017. I know people think that its just "go in bang bang win" but its a system that has been perfected throughout the years and is the conclusion of "generations" of XO players so, no mater how much I would like it to be the other way, it is what it is...

• Like 1

I did the 10 brawl + brawl badges today and i was surprised that it wasnt so difficult after all, without carrying a single weapon on board,just mines :wub:

I was expecting something hellish.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

Depending on the map, just playing for Survival (You only have to Complete 10 Brawls) I did fine with my Boosters, and Skinners.  Those allow me to get to places nobody else can.

I guess i learned something from playing Fortnite: Battle Royale after all.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I do...

2017 -> Everyone attacked everyone and people were mostly fresh players who were looking for a fre-for-all fight in a Sumo arena. Chatting was alowed.

Things kept largely disorganized and it was everyone by themselves.

2018 -> Experienced players started ignoring beginners while others went full KoS. Chatting was still alowed and sheetposting was at its highest.

People started taking pity on the sub 3k players as heavier beasts started showing up. It was common for players to team up against "boss lvl" builds.

2019 -> Players started organizing themselves, teaming up and declaring "peaceful until provoked". Some veterans actively hunted KoS players and many noticed that. Chatting was heavily used.

Suddenly devs banned chatting in an atempt to roll back player organization into "factions". People were still waiting the round to end by just enduring the storm.

2020 -> Players mostly maintained the "peaceful until provoked" mindset because that is instintively what takes a serious contender further, since being KoS is declaring war against everyone else.

Frequency of players in this mode tanked because the uncertainty and lack of communication made wedges a serious threat while leviathanic builds reign almost supreme, some times winning without shooting a single bullet by just letting the storm consume everyone else.

In the end, building a massive brick and just waiting the storm to come is the easier and less tiresome/stressful way to win this mode... unless you are a douche KoS wedge that mangles 3~6 players just to be shot dead in fifth place and never achieve anything of value anywhere ever in the history of nothing.

Thanks! This history is super weird, but interesting. Now I understand a bit more what I’ve experienced in that mode. 
I kind of wish people would just play it as intended, but I also love when players hijack a game for new purposes. 
It does appeal to my pacifist side. 

• Like 1

Players will in time move towards the most efficient way of playing something, especially if it is repetitive and gives out very bad rewards and you only need 9 times 1st-4th place to finish a weekly. I would gladly see those brawls permanently replaced by some of the April Fool's events, which actually motivated people to play and fight, but for now... it is as it is and there more important bigger struggles.

As ppl are saying, build a "brick" at around 2400 PS, have 4k HP (with cheetah, big radar and camo) and your set for a win 95% of the time.

Just drive around, ignore all ppl, once the storm is at the end, move closer to ppl and watch them slowly die once the storm have moved pass the whole map.

Since the PS you get into are around 2400 (sometime as low as 1600, other time as high as 4k), you will be vs player that attack, thats where the radar and stealth come in, check mini map, move smart, stay hidden till the end.

I have won tons of time cuz of this, you be supriced how much dps ppl really need in order to deal with a 4k+ HP brick build at 2400 PS, only time i lost was vs ppl with 2-3 "nail gun's", other then that, they can keep fire at you at the end and you will mostly win cuz of the storm, they will be at around 500 to 1200 hp, while you still have 3500+.

I also llke the "passive" approve that have happen to this mode, honk at ppl and they honk back = friends!, that the mode also check ppls PS nowdays help a lot more, was not fun been a 1200 PS car vs a 14k beast back when i started 2 years ago!, now...if just the race will do the same...

If you want to kill ppl on sight, my i suggest you skip this mode all together and do "Free for All" instead?, first to 10 kill there wins!, sound more like your style.

2 hours ago, bkgmjo said:

you only need 9 times 1st-4th place to finish a weekly

I understand "farming" like that, but in this game only 4 people can "win" so in the end some will get cheated for their time.

Seen it on a pc stream today, yeah all peacefully sitting in a corner, all teaming against those who initiated fights early. But in the end they still betrayed each other and shot at each other to make sure they ended up top 4.

At that point they could just as well have played the game normally, and it could have even been faster.

"Most efficient" is a lie.

1 hour ago, bkgmjo said:

Not a lie ;)

Not sure you got my point.

If in the end you still have to fight to make it top 4, there's no point in waiting to fight to begin with.

I used to farm pacifist mode myself, but that was in another game, it was a deathmatch mode where if everyone had the same score, everyone would win.

In storm warning this doesn't work.

7 hours ago, SirArkady said:

deliberately avoiding dealing damage to members of the opposing team

There is no Enemy Team! Everyone is your Enemy. You have no team to support! Nobody counting on you to perform your duties to the Team. This rule clearly applies to Raids and Missions. Storm Warning clearly says there are no Rules. You are incorrectly trying to apply a Rule to a Brawl that the Rule does not regard. You are clearly misinterpreting the Rule to fit your argument.

But, I had to figure all this out for myself last Season, the Founder's Event. I figured out the Horn Honks and figured out how to hide and use the Storm for cover.

1. Have an Epic Detector. 2. If you spawn on high ground, enjoy that. 3. Show the opponents that you are not chasing them, circle somewhere safe where you spawn and make no aggressive action. 3. When the Storm starts then allow the opponents to move away as you drive closer to the Storm. 4. Listen for the sounds of battle and try to safely see who is killing whom. 5. If someone races right at you aggressively, then open fire first. If they we being a pacifist then they should not have raced right at you. 6. If an enemy attacks you, drive into the Storm.

I have had some players strip my guns and drive away. I have had some players attack me for no reason. I have had players clearly avoiding my area while I clearly avoided theirs. When there is no longer a way to avoid each other then they honk and I honk and we drive to the area of the map that gets the Storm last. Once you are in the Storm, drive away, get out of there, get some distance and avoid temptation.

I do not understand what there is not to understand, it says survive the Storm, not attack the opponents. Surviving the Storm is the correct way to play and assemble your vehicle. Some just want to see the world burn but they usually die first or second and rarely finish top 4.

But, it is pretty hard to break the rules when the Brawl says there are no rules.

Peace

Edited by LordTutor
typos

17 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Not sure you got my point.

If in the end you still have to fight to make it top 4, there's no point in waiting to fight to begin with.

I used to farm pacifist mode myself, but that was in another game, it was a deathmatch mode where if everyone had the same score, everyone would win.

In storm warning this doesn't work.

By that time, I am usually already in the Top 4 before we even get to the last safe place. The time spent is almost identical no matter what. If you hold off fighting, then the Brawl does not become longer. If 3-4 players fight and kill each other, the remaining 4-5 players will still go ride the storm out and it does not end any faster because you went Yolo and got killed or killed some enemy. You just gave up a big chunk of your HP, maybe even became immobilized in the Storm, but you killed that one or two enemy but still you failed to reach the top 4.

You do not shoot me and I will not shoot you. If I see you attack, then I will gang up on you. If I see you launch Drones, I will kill all your Drones and if they hit me on accident or purpose, I will kill all your Drones and then you next. If your Drones are attacking another player, I will kill you first!

PS, I sing "Riding the Storm Out" by Journey while I drive the Storm's edge or even drive around in the Storm. Riding the storm out, riding the storm out!

Edited by LordTutor
added PS