RagingIrish

Reapers Best Movement

What would u consider to be the best movement part for a reaper build and why? I say bigrams, despite the slowness gives u more maneuverability in combat then the tracks/augs and the wheeled legs are just cool imo, with the aiming timing perk off the bigrams cmon. Also have tried a hover reaper u need sustained fire to put up damage and u just get shredded too easy on hovers.

Depends on the type of build. I personaly think the heavier the car the better (because recoil) while also maintaining good maneuverability and speed.

I have a dual Reaper build with over 4.4k health on quad Meat Grinders I use for Storm Warming and its surprisenly agile considering its size and weight.

If you want to build small (and smarter than me), good old Bigfoots are ideal. I wouldn't recomend Bigrams unless the guns are undermount because of the overall vehicle height/profile.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

Hovers.  Okay, Reapers are the best weapons/Thrusters for a Hover, because the recoil can push you up to the limits of the Physics engine, backwards.  You just have to mount them so they cancel out (Otherwise, you fly out of control.)  The best configuration I've found is Over/Under.  One on top, and one on the bottom of your Cabin (I used a Harpy for the Ammo capacity) with 3 Icarus VIIs, to keep the cost/weight/power drain down.  Basically, the fewer Icarus VIIs you have to Armor, the less Mass you dedicate to that, and the lighter the craft overall.  

You can fly backwards, at 200+ Km/H, while shooting them.  If they circle around, you change direction just following them with the cross-hair.  You don't even have to steer.  Nothing can catch that.  (However, you have to have the Map Awareness to fly blind without running into walls, and corners, because you can't look where you're going.)

Barring that, I'm going to say Bigrams, because they're as fast as wheels, can strafe faster than ML-200s, and have the stability to handle the recoil.  You can't use the maneuvering thrust in Leg Mode, though.  So, I suggest using it only to out-maneuver Melee (Shotgun Wedges...) in Close Quarters.  Otherwise, just drive around shooting in Wheel Mode.

If you just want to copypaste off the Exhibition, search for Reaper, and Bigfoot.  The most popular design is a sandwich with a roof on top, and frames on the bottom, so the miniguns can rotate, and fire directly behind/beside the Cabin.  However, that's pretty slow, and if you can't keep up, Reapers aren't all that useful without Terero to tighten their spread outside of Medium Range.  I find it's better if you can do at least 90 to chase Hovers.  

26 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

I have a dual Reaper build with over 4.4k health on quad Meat Grinders I use for Storm Warming and its surprisenly agile considering its size and weight.

I'd really like to see that.  Honestly, the way the deck is, a Sandwich build would be ideal, IF you can keep it stable.  Unfortunately, if not, you spin out of control.  I can't personally recommend Augers right out of the box, because it's difficult to build around their Glitches (Without at least screenshots to show how.)  

I have to recommend Harpy, because it weighs a Tonne (Literally) and that mass is low, spread out over a 6x8x4 platform.  This really helps manage the recoil of the Reapers without sacrificing performance, too much.  Barring that, Steppe Spider (On Mecha Legs/Bigrams) for pretty much all the same reasons.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Was gonna do 8 bigrams and an auger in the middle, is that excessive? Setting up for an absolute tank once I unlock the cohort. Double in ea direction hate the idea of walking on the legs all lopsided if u lose one.

Edited by RagingIrish

6 minutes ago, RagingIrish said:

Was gonna do 8 bigrams and an auger in the middle, is that excessive? Setting up for an absolute tank once I unlock the cohort. Double in ea direction hate the idea of walking on the legs all lopsided if u lose one.

If you can do without the Auger, that limits your Top Speed too much to really benefit from Wheel Mode.  Doesn't really matter with Cohort, I guess.  Where you planning on mostly walking around in Wheel Mode?  With all the new Passive Melee, you can use that for dog resistance, if you build low enough.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Yea wheel mode just for the speed lay fire down everywhere switch to legs if I get hit by a rusher, don’t really mess w legs too much just have the bigrams from the last pass thought it was a good idea to use the auger in the middle seen it on the bigger leg builds

7 minutes ago, RagingIrish said:

Yea wheel mode just for the speed lay fire down everywhere switch to legs if I get hit by a rusher, don’t really mess w legs too much just have the bigrams from the last pass thought it was a good idea to use the auger in the middle seen it on the bigger leg builds

It's your build, just helping you brainstorm all your options...

• Haha 1

No I appreciate the input I thought the auger was to like stop rushers from getting underneath u or a least that’s the idea but if it slows u that much I understand where it would be more of a detriment, and u could just jam a bunch of bumpers under there

12 minutes ago, RagingIrish said:

Setting up for an absolute tank once I unlock the cohort.

I'm waiting the Cohort to see if I can bump the health even more on my tank (currently used a fused Humpback). Someday I will fused the Cohort for mass and see what is the absolute biggest thing there can be crafted.

When I made my "Rex", the most health-worthy parts were from Steppenwolfs but we have since saw this new dawn of parts from other factions which makes my mouth water with the thought of building something way over 5k health. Of course something that heavy will not do with only 4 augers, needing at least 5 or 6.

33 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I'd really like to see that.

I find that a really heavy car (over 22 tons in my case) with the speed capped in 60km/h suffer very little with the bugs augers presents. The more mangled it becomes the worse the driveability is but its usually blown halfway by that point nd only have 2 augers left but in the rare cases it went as low as 500hp with all augers it sucked ****.

I usually uses 2 augers SxS, 3 in triangle configuration (2 front, middle haftway back) and 4 with 2 front (4 blocks apart) and 2 back (8 blocks apart). Never had too much trouble driving them that way but I suppose 2 narrow front, 2 wide middle and 1 halfway to the back must be the most stable of them all... need to test it!

My body is ready Cohort! Take me!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

My body is ready Cohort! Take me!

Yeah, after the next set of Incisors/Flails, that's what i'm really looking forward to, too.  Probably why it's the level 74 Reward (With Battle Pass)  So, I'm probably going to go back to Grinders, and Reapers.  Still can't afford the porcupine to go with it, but there's just no way I'm going to be able to get my Incinerator on, so maybe Barrier?  We'll see...

With Cohort, I'm going to switch my vote to Meat Grinders.  They just seem to match up the best with the Top Speed et al.  I've been addicted to speed, speed, and more speed, but Cohort just can't do that.  Maybe Bigrams/Meat grinder, but I don't really see the benefit of that.  (With the caveat that I actually tested it.)  Their speeds just don't match up, so like any hybrid, they won't do anything as well as one, or the other.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1