poony4u2

Low PS does not have to mean low skill

I know that some see playing low PS as demeaning or seal clubbing, but I suspect they just can’t cut it down there. 
If you are not enjoying high PS play (anything above 10 000 PS) because of hovers/cloaks/whatever, just stop playing up there. 
You can still use high level weapons, but maybe skip the generators and go light on the armour. Good times, fast action.

I honestly think a lot of nerf rage on the forum comes from people playing in PS ranges that don’t suit their style.

If you like more realistic cars and fast speeds, go low PS. If you like complicated giant war machines, play high PS.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

To me, Low PS means cheap gear.  Basically everything without a Perk (And seal clubbers.)  

Then again, it really depends on who you ask how low is "Low."  I pretty much define it as 4999, and under, because that's the point where you don't have everything (Hard Raids, Invasions, Batteries...) Unlocked.  Roughly 5k to 9999 is middle PS, and anything 5 digits, and up is getting High, because that's when you start getting matched up with Clan Wars builds.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I know that some see playing low PS as demeaning or seal clubbing, but I suspect they just can’t cut it down there. 
If you are not enjoying high PS play (anything above 10 000 PS) because of hovers/cloaks/whatever, just stop playing up there. 
You can still use high level weapons, but maybe skip the generators and go light on the armour. Good times, fast action.

I honestly think a lot of nerf rage on the forum comes from people playing in PS ranges that don’t suit their style.

If you like more realistic cars and fast speeds, go low PS. If you like complicated giant war machines, play high PS.

So nice,cool texts.

Best regards, the "low ps" player :biggrin:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

To me, Low PS means cheap gear.  Basically everything without a Perk (And seal clubbers.)  

Then again, it really depends on who you ask how low is "Low."  I pretty much define it as 4999, and under, because that's the point where you don't have everything (Hard Raids, Invasions, Batteries...) Unlocked.  Roughly 5k to 9999 is middle PS, and anything 5 digits, and up is getting High, because that's when you start getting matched up with Clan Wars builds.

I would say low PS is anything below mid-6000PS. Then it’s mid PS up to 10 000ps. 

Low PS just means less cloaks and accessories, so driving and shooting are more important. Building is less important compared to high PS, but that’s why art-builds/cars-that-look-like-cars flourish and compete at lower PS.

Take a high PS build, remove a weapon and the generator that supports it, and see how you do in low/mid PS. Sometimes it doesn’t work anymore, sometimes it works better. Either way the skill is the same.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I would say low PS is anything below mid-6000PS. Then it’s mid PS up to 10 000ps. 

Low PS just means less cloaks and accessories, so driving and shooting are more important. Building is less important compared to high PS, but that’s why art-builds/cars-that-look-like-cars flourish and compete at lower PS.

Take a high PS build, remove a weapon and the generator that supports it, and see how you do in low/mid PS. Sometimes it doesn’t work anymore, sometimes it works better. Either way the skill is the same.

Like I said, it depends on who you ask.  Also, it kinda shifted a bit, with the advent of Special tier, and the Balance Patch to fit it in better.  (Lowering Power Score of the lower Power Score tiers, to seperate them better.  Looking at the patch notes, I pretty much read Intent, what got lowered Power Scores across the board must be what the Devs want to be "Low Power Score.")

But it's your topic, so your definition basically makes it clearer, for those of us reading, and responding to it.

My point is that in PvP it is the same game with the same rewards, as long as you are above 5000ps.

In higher PS levels, you have weapons that can do huge damage quickly. This makes staying in cover and using cloak much more important. This is a feature, not a bug.

There is nothing wrong with hover being popular In high PS, because that’s an environment that favours peak-and-shoot. If you want a more rowdy game, just stop playing above 10 000ps. If that level of play is still too timid, go below 7000ps.

Don’t feel like you suck if you don’t enjoy high PS play. It doesn’t take more skill, just different skills. Do what’s actually fun. You’ll still get resources, and they will go further because you’re not spending them on relics that you don’t actually enjoy playing.
 Do what you like and stop worrying about what others are doing.

• Upvote 2

Low power score is under 4000 because you can farm Wires above 4000. If your vehicle can only farm Scrap then you are low power score.

5000 is all you need to farm Batteries.

Why I do not play below 6000 power score: Queue times on PC are terrible below 4000 for a player of my Prestige. Unless there is a special event on a weekend, I will wait in the queue forever below 4000. 5000 was the sweet spot for short queues then it became 6000 and now it is closer to 7000. 6500 is a good power score for short queues.

I always loved my 2999 power score vehicles but I would never get a match quickly enough to drive one anymore.

2 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

Low power score is under 4000 because you can farm Wires above 4000. If your vehicle can only farm Scrap then you are low power score.

5000 is all you need to farm Batteries.

Why I do not play below 6000 power score: Queue times on PC are terrible below 4000 for a player of my Prestige. Unless there is a special event on a weekend, I will wait in the queue forever below 4000. 5000 was the sweet spot for short queues then it became 6000 and now it is closer to 7000. 6500 is a good power score for short queues.

I always loved my 2999 power score vehicles but I would never get a match quickly enough to drive one anymore.

Seems like most of the crybabies on the forum refuse to play below 7000PS, or they try to bring legendaries and relics down there thinking it will make them gods. 
I bounce around between 4000-10 000. Very different skills for different brackets, and that is fine.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

There is nothing wrong with hover being popular In high PS, because that’s an environment that favours peak-and-shoot.

Sort of, map dependent.  I mean, cannon hovers try to peek, and shoot on Sector Ex, but it doesn't work for very long.  For example.  You're going to get rushed sooner, or later, because it's a rushing map.  If all you have is a Hammer, though.  Everything looks like a nail.

Just now, psiberzerker said:

Sort of, map dependent.  I mean, cannon hovers try to peek, and shoot on Sector Ex, but it doesn't work for very long.  For example.  You're going to get rushed sooner, or later, because it's a rushing map.  If all you have is a Hammer, though.  Everything looks like a nail.

It is true that hover snipers are not the only viable build at high PS. But you generally need to focus more on not getting hit at all, since there are so many weapons that can quickly overwhelm any armour and blow generators.

That’s is why dogs and hovers are popular at high PS, while spiders work at high PS from the opposite principle: actually having a chance or competing against both dogs and hover snipers because of durability and strafing agility. 

It’s all good, just find the niche you like. 

I mean F1 has more prestige than dirt track oval bandit racing, but I bet a lot of those F1 guys would struggle in the dirt. Diversity of tactics is good.

I love low PS for a few reasons:

1 - Less alpha weapons means people don't camp as much from fear of getting a nuke in their face, and battles are faster, people actually go into the fray. When I go high PS, I have enough time to knit a sweater before people start peaking out of the rocks and decide to get into combat.
2 - Cars simply look better. I know this is just a personal preference, but I like seeing cars, not undefined shapes made of spaced armor rolling and floating around. Feels more vivid and real at low PS.
3 - More of a fair playground when it comes to physics. Wheels and hovers don't mix and never will. Either hovers will remain that much better with dozen of perks simply outclassing wheels, or get nerfed to be far worse. So in the low-low PS, there are less or a lucky sometimes - no hovers.
4 - Low PS is that old Twisted Metal / Carmageddon feeling. You can have your Sweet-Tooth or Roadkill, you can drive the Eagle or the Merciless Cullwing. Low PS is compact but sexy.

Edited by Battlejack
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

It is true that hover snipers are not the only viable build at high PS. But you generally need to focus more on not getting hit at all, since there are so many weapons that can quickly overwhelm any armour and blow generators.

I don't play with generators for the most part, but point taken.  You're going to get hit, you're going to get destroyed, and you're going to lose.  It happens.  

I like cannons that hit like cannons.  Not little pop-guns, I shoot someone with a cannon, and I want to ruin their day, not just blow off a piece of canvas.

It’s all good, just find the niche you like. 

I found the parts I like, and put them together in a way that I think is pretteh.  Honestly, I don't see the point in judging a creation by a number.  Whatever enemies I run into, I fight them.  Win or lose, they know they've been in a fight!

Edited by psiberzerker

5 hours ago, Battlejack said:

I love low PS for a few reasons:

1 - Less alpha weapons means people don't camp as much from fear of getting a nuke in their face, and battles are faster, people actually go into the fray. When I go high PS, I have enough time to knit a sweater before people start peaking out of the rocks and decide to get into combat.
2 - Cars simply look better. I know this is just a personal preference, but I like seeing cars, not undefined shapes made of spaced armor rolling and floating around. Feels more vivid and real at low PS.
3 - More of a fair playground when it comes to physics. Wheels and hovers don't mix and never will. Either hovers will remain that much better with dozen of perks simply outclassing wheels, or get nerfed to be far worse. So in the low-low PS, there are less or a lucky sometimes - no hovers.
4 - Low PS is that old Twisted Metal / Carmageddon feeling. You can have your Sweet-Tooth or Roadkill, you can drive the Eagle or the Merciless Cullwing. Low PS is compact but sexy.

I could never have said it nearly as well.

I like vehicles that dont look like someone bolted wheels on this :

hms-1-2-scrap-500x500.jpg

But i know i know, there are good builds in higher ( in my case its appr.6000+?ps) ps battles too. Last night i saw few cool huge Kenworth truck lookalikes and such, but i donno... I like faster vehicles with wheels that i can tell which end of it is front most likely. 

Theres less hovers and less cloaks in "low" end too, and  that matters to me, as i loathe both.  To me they are plain jokes and i rather play battles where i dont see these much. Its maybe complicated to explain and waste of time to try. They just feel so out of place no matter your lores. I joined the game due to marketing pics giving impression of good old tech and wastelands without star wars crap, and playing in lower scores, helps to not encounter builds that i dont see fitting at all. I like fire, bullets, old school cannons, brass cartridges, piston engines. 

I got blown to bits by 8000-10000ps ? Hover, cloaking and tossing with 2 incinerators. I do respect its user for choosing such weapons, and even more for his tactics that arent peekaboo behind shipwreck. I'd honour the guy even more if he got rid off cloak. Thats how i see it and again choosing low ps helps me. Clash and crash in, ruin my party , kill me, youre wellcome, just leave the star wars at home if you desire any respect.

Theres mostly wheels where i play and it suits my idea of wastelands the best. And if i see tanks, well they are narrow ones without much of armor in rear/front, nor do they have so many Caucasus guns either. Such "seal clubbing" aint no issue to me. I might even do similar too, in example with stock starter car + retcher but i still get killed by Luparas too.

Some seem to think every player kind of must fall for this idea of (forced) so called progress, meaning each will go from commons to rares to epics etc. That is not the case at all. I, and many others will be running 3500ps or other "lesser" ps battles year after i started, just because its more fun there. For reasons like i told, nicer looking builds, faster cars, cqb and ac brawling.

Oh and personally i just dont feel interested or truly excited about majority of 2 highest tier weapons, and even though i do use some real money ( packs) for the game, the coin prices of weapons in highest tiers are quite huge, atleast on ps4. And it seems as majority of them are way too massive, from physical size to amount of welding points to be used in fast little builds. Reapers turn slower than snail etc. But sure there is nice weapons like Aspect which is compact and aims faster.  But it aint so much better than Spectre , not like 4 times better, as the price is 4 times bigger. Spectre again is awkward sized with the big ammo boxes so why not use Spectre if you have and like one. But the plain prices already keep me away from high ps.

Maybe its because i play for fun more than to compete or to "progress" as progress seems to mean giving up builds and weapons you truly like. 

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Thanks 3

Sometimes I think people would complain less about the game if there were more defined “classes” of battles. It wouldn’t really change anything beyond making it more obvious to the player that they are making a choice of the kind of fighting and builds they will see when they pick their own build. 

There’s nothing wrong with higher level play either. I actually like how weird the garbage heap builds look. and I have no issues with people using lots of sci fi gadgets like cloak. Feels more like battling giant robots and less like cars, and that is cool too. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

Sometimes I think people would complain less about the game if there were more defined “classes” of battles. It wouldn’t really change anything beyond making it more obvious to the player that they are making a choice of the kind of fighting and builds they will see when they pick their own build. 

There’s nothing wrong with higher level play either. I actually like how weird the garbage heap builds look. and I have no issues with people using lots of sci fi gadgets like cloak. Feels more like battling giant robots and less like cars, and that is cool too. 

Seeing it in a similar way. Ways of playing differ on each PS range. Some like the endless peekaboo in high PS, some the high alpha/instant death builds of mid and some the fast paced action of low PS. Everything comes with it tradeoffs, from pay2win in high, press-w builds in mid and seal clubbers in low ranges. I would say building changes from being creative to minmaxing and copypasting, the higher you get. So to each their own. Personally, I prefer 3-4k most, but actually play more 7-10, because, frankly, people at that range are way easier to kill and have less skill, relying on purchased pack weapons and if I already have to do repetitive grinding, might as well go the easy way with shorter wait times.

I guess having some sort of classes with restrictions would be interesting, but splitting up players more would just increase the wait times.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

I guess having some sort of classes with restrictions would be interesting, but splitting up players more would just increase the wait times.

Do you mean Character Classes, as in a Role-Play sense?  That would be interesting, but take a lot of writing.

Or do you mean like Weight Classes?  I'm not sure about what your idea is, presactly.  I'm not all for restrictions of any kind, but I am aware that some are needed, just to try and keep the abuse down to a dull roar.

35 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

What kind of restrictions in detail you might mean?

Its all taken away from the key factor of Crossout, being total freedom of building any kind of  vehicle you like, if you mean prohibiting use of every part in every possible combination. 

26 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Do you mean Character Classes, as in a Role-Play sense?  That would be interesting, but take a lot of writing.

Or do you mean like Weight Classes?  I'm not sure about what your idea is, presactly.  I'm not all for restrictions of any kind, but I am aware that some are needed, just to try and keep the abuse down to a dull roar.

Nah, role-play is for Battlefield. They did a pretty good job there and weight classes would just be a half-assed copy of PS matching.

5 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

What kind of restrictions in detail you might mean?

Its all taken away from the key factor of Crossout, being total freedom of building any kind of  vehicle you like, if you mean prohibiting use of every part in every possible combination. 

Weapon and equipment restrictions. Think someone posted this suggestion before. Like some kind of "normal weapons" battle without cloak, scifi, hover, autoaim and so on and something like "gunners" that would no allow melee stuff like lances and one for all options available. Could flavor each mode with specials like that repair mode or bigger/smaller teams. Thinking especially of smaller for very high PS as those people complain about playing with bots the most. Could also have mixed battles with mode x vs mode y. Cowboys vs. Aliens was the movie, right?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

Weapon and equipment restrictions. Think someone posted this suggestion before. Like some kind of "normal weapons" battle without cloak, scifi, hover, autoaim and so on and something like "gunners" that would no allow melee stuff like lances and one for all options available. 

Another way to go about it would be part conflict.  For instance, you can't equip a Radar, and a Chameleon, because the radar would give you away.  So, to even equip Chameleon, you'd have to remove your Radar, Detector, and Radio, for Stealth.

Similar to how you can't have more than 1 Cabin, or Engine.  You have to take off one to install another, or the Garage stops you.  

Others could be handle by Requirement, for example you can't really Target someone with Homing Missiles unless you have a Radar.  (Well, you can, but only at Close Range, and Homing Missiles aren't great for that.)

Drones would require a Radio...  So, you can't have: Doppler, Chameleon Mk-II, and Annihilator (With the Radio to Command them) on the same build.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

Nah, role-play is for Battlefield. They did a pretty good job there and weight classes would just be a half-assed copy of PS matching.

Weapon and equipment restrictions. Think someone posted this suggestion before. Like some kind of "normal weapons" battle without cloak, scifi, hover, autoaim and so on and something like "gunners" that would no allow melee stuff like lances and one for all options available. Could flavor each mode with specials like that repair mode or bigger/smaller teams. Thinking especially of smaller for very high PS as those people complain about playing with bots the most. Could also have mixed battles with mode x vs mode y. Cowboys vs. Aliens was the movie, right?

"Someone" did indeed suggest something like havin 3 options when going in the battle

1 : this old familiar mode of everything goes.

2: no hovers met (nor cloak if i got to decide).

3: only hovers met.

Thats what he wanted to say, if i recall his words right. 

That would not take anything away from anyone.

:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Tech Levels would add an element of Progression to the Grind.  It's already pretty much Separated by Factions, Nomads loot Aircraft, Dawn's Children Space Ships.

There's no reason for Nomads to fight Hovers.  So, when you progress from Nomads to Dawn's Children, you reach the Tech level where there's things like Cloaks, Energy Weapons, and Anti-gravity modules.  

Unfortunately, Flame Throwers are lower tech than Shotguns.  There's a bit of a problem with the Tech progression from Lunatics to Firestarters.  You ever played with a lighter, and a can of WD-40?

You ever made a shotgun?  I mean picked up a piece of pipe, and made a shotgun.  Now an Auto-shotgun.  Now a remote triggered turreted auto-shotgun.  Lupara is higher tech than Goblin, on so many levels.

Rockets-to-missiles is a natural progression.  There's no reason why you should have to fight Hurricanes with Crickets, but they'd have to Balance the tech levels too.

Anything like this would be nearly a complete overhaul, but it's fun to theorycraft.

Edited by psiberzerker

I think PS matchmaking already works pretty well. It’s just that the anti-sci-fi crowd doesn’t want to humiliate themselves by playing low PS where it’s not a real factor. 
I was thinking just making the existing matchmaking more explicit. Like a message saying “you’re playing at 13kPS, expect giant crafts with powerful weapons and innovative modules”

• Haha 1

Low ps is in a bad state right now tbh, its either sealclub or get sealclubbed

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:37 AM, poony4u2 said:

+1

I rarely play anything below 12k if at all but fully understand your post as my lil lad is young and plays there and maxes out at 7k.

I play down there, (at times to help him) and see the usual try hards etc, seal clubbers etc, BUT i totally think sometimes after i go like a women vexed and kill a team of 4 the 2 or so others are licking windows or just Fn so deranged by either capping base...ours? I can't understand why or how they even use the internet. Are they really that low on brain cells or just plain mad? 

Edited by ZeroFkz86
at times to help him
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Low ps is in a bad state right now tbh, its either sealclub or get sealclubbed

People have just realised that all their inventory can be used and theres no reasons nor any profit in following some made up moral codes set by strangers,  thats all, in my eyes. 

Just use what you have even if its hovers and cloak.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1